Immunity tests and differing consultants

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

Flash19

Immunity tests and differing consultants

#1 Post by Flash19 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice of immunity testing with Care. I have friends who have had the Chicago blood tests done during ivf and say they feel their children have been born due to the results and medication subsequently given. I approached the same clinic they had used- Care Manchester- and the consultants I saw were very negative about it and the medications that people use following their results. Some of those they were negative about were recognised as useful on the main Care website! I am now more stressed and confused especially as I've read some stories of successful IVF with these medications at Care Sheffield!

I have one consultant who wants to put me on steroids and another saying they won't do anything so want to take me off them and the consultants don't agree! I have found my experience of these differing opinions of people working for the same organisation yet not using the same methods so stressful - it feels like you're in a lottery for which consultant is best at which clinic to help you.

I've been in tears trying to read more on it, speak to consultants and they seem to be making the infertility journey harder not easier. I'm not sure if to move to Care Sheffield or just go with it or go somewhere else completly.

Anyone out there had this experience and come to any conclusions???

Sofy36

Re: Immunity tests and differing consultants

#2 Post by Sofy36 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:17 am

Hi hun, I’ve had the same experience as you.
How are you getting on?
Are you about to start a cycle?
Xx

Flash19

#3 Post by Flash19 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi Soft,

I didn't find out any more after posting that message but decided to do parts of the Chicago bloods that the consultants believed in and leave the rest for this cycle so I'm ok steroids, blood thinners and thyroxine following tests. It is so tricky but for now that's what we are doing and if it comes to it I will then do the Chicago bloods for another cycle so I know I did everything before we finish this journey. God willing it won't come to that and this cycle will work 🙏🙏

Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Fx

Sofy36

#4 Post by Sofy36 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:25 am

Good luck hun!

It sounds like you’ve got your bases covered taking all the immunity drugs.

I hope this is your cycle!

Xx

Flash19

#5 Post by Flash19 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Thanks. I hope so too.

Lots of luck to you too.

Sofy36

#6 Post by Sofy36 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi Flash,

Just saw you got your BFP!