First appointment at qmc

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

loulou123

Re: First appointment at qmc

#126 Post by loulou123 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:43 pm

I’ve just remembered, there was some extra stuff that I did differently based on advice in the book!

I cut out deodorant and perfume and kept makeup to a minimum, and I used natural based shampoo and conditioner.

I cut as much plastic as possible out of my kitchen (for food storage etc), and I threw away a non-stick pan because the non-stock coating was scratched and that can leach chemicals into your food apparently.

I wonder if any of it made any difference....?

MommyKenny

#127 Post by MommyKenny » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:50 am

Hi lovely ladies! Sorry for my long absence but been reading up on your updates.

DK - I had only 2 IUIs and our doctor advised ivf - with donors for both sperm and egg. It was devastating for us then, but oh well, we went ahead and decided to make a vacation out of it by going overseas.

loulou - wow you're so diligent! Maybe I'll follow your example with or without ivf. we could all use less and less chemicals in our bodies! :lol:

jens - thanks for sharing the tips - some I can't adopt but very informative still!

I'll catch up with you other lovely ladies next time :D

loulou123

#128 Post by loulou123 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Hey MommyKenny,
Great to hear from you!
I wasn’t being diligent, I was absolutely desperate! It was our final shot at IVF before we were about to give up and so I decided I had to try anything in my power to make it work... xxx

MommyKenny

#129 Post by MommyKenny » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:13 am

So true, aside from these forums, I also read up on all the articles these sites have regarding pregnancy and how to keep yourselves and baby healthy. Since we had a hard time reaching where we are, it's only right that we do everything we can to make it work.

Flash19

#130 Post by Flash19 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me just jumping on here for a minute!

Lou Lou - can I ask how long you stayed on the steroids, blood thinners, aspirin and progesterone once you were pregnant? I've got my BFP on our third round of IVF and transfer embryo 4 or 5 ( 2 went back and one implanted 😁) this was my first cycle with the immunology protocol and its worked so I'm nervous to come off them.

Other ladies - I've read some talk of acupuncture and I had it on this cycle as friends had had success using it and this cycle worked so I'm all an advocate for immunology tests and protocols, accupuncture and also I had a test done on my thyroid which although it's normal research has said for optimal fertility that the TSH hormone level should be under 2.4 and I took that too. Lou Lou are u on thyroid treatment too?

Thanks and good luck to all of you awaiting your BFP day!

Fx

loulou123

#131 Post by loulou123 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi Flash,
I was reading the other board and saw that you’ve been having a tough time with bleeding, I was so glad to read that everything’s okay! Stay strong.

I came off the progesterone as soon as the care scan showed a heartbeat (at 8 weeks). It was a bit scary but everything was fine, if anything I felt a little better. I wasn’t taking aspirin, I was doing a daily blood thinner injection which I stopped at 12 weeks. And then with the steroids I had to reduce the dose gradually from 12 weeks so I’ve only just finished these recently. If is nerve-wracking coming off the meds but trust the doctors, they know what they’re doing! I googled when to come off them and if you take them for too long it can affect the baby’s development so you definitely want to get off them when the doctor says it’s ok to do so. I hope that helps!

Also, I tried acupuncture a while ago, it didn’t do anything for me and in the end I felt it was costing so much money it was stressing me out as much as the IVF!

Sending love to everyone xxx

Flash19

#132 Post by Flash19 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:45 pm

Thanks so much Lou Lou that's really reassuring to hear xx

dk123

#133 Post by dk123 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted any advise from anyone who have had IUI before. My first cycle of IUI with the trigger shot made me have really painful boobs and my period started on day 24. This time round I’ve had the trigger shot and have been given progesterone pessaries, but I had No symptoms at all, no sore boobs, nothing. Today I have mild period cramps on and off, which is normal as I am on day 21. However I was told my period wouldn’t come until I stop the pessaries.
I’m worrying that my trigger didn’t work if I don’t have the sore boobs that I had the last time.
Can anyone remember how they felt when they did IUI?

Xx

loulou123

#134 Post by loulou123 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:28 pm

Hi DK,
Sorry for the delayed reply, I hope you’ve made it through the waiting!
I can’t really remember how I felt during the IUI rounds that we had, but I wouldn’t worry too much about the symptoms being different to last time. Maybe your body is better at coping with the drugs this time as it’s had them before? Who knows! Every cycle seems to be a bit different for me.
Is the dreaded wait over now? What was the outcome? xx

MommyKenny

#135 Post by MommyKenny » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:11 am

Hi dk same here - can't quite remember. I saw in some threads that women did ivf diaries, maybe that's a good idea. But then again I haven't really been too diligent at diaries.

dk123

#136 Post by dk123 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:09 am

Hi,

The wait is over, sadly didn’t work. I’m on my last go at IUI now. Then moving to ivf. Hopefully things will move a bit quicker with the ivf.

Hope you all are doing well!

Xxx

loulou123

#137 Post by loulou123 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Oh hon, I’m so sorry to hear this.

Try not to be too dis-heartened - I didn’t want to say so before, but IUI has a fairly low success rate. IVF is so much more successful! I’m still keeping everything crossed for you.

As for me, I still can’t believe I’m actually pregnant! Some days I still expect something to go wrong, but I’m starting to develop a bump now so it’s getting real. I have my 20-week scan next week and I can’t wait to check everything’s okay. I’ll keep you posted, unless you don’t want to hear from me? I’ve found it so hard when my friends have got pregnant while we’ve been struggling, I’d completely understand if you don’t want any updates.

Sending love xxx

dk123

#138 Post by dk123 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi,

I’m actually ok about everything. I’ve been reading ivf brochures and just feel so confident about it. And I’m ready to move on.

Oh I really do want to hear from you. You give me hope. It’s nice to hear things actually work, rather then just the thoughts in my head thinking that it’s just not meant to be for me.

It must be so exciting having a little bump! I bet that feels so lovely and makes it feel real! Let me know how your next scan goes. Are you finding out the sex?

Xxx

MommyKenny

#139 Post by MommyKenny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:37 am

Dk, so sorry to hear your news. :( I don't know of this would help, I mentioned this earlier in the threas, but I had two failed IUIs then we skipped straight to ivf - doctor wanted me to have both egg and sperm donation. It took us a while to come to terms with it. We think its not the same and all. But it is really all worth it. I hope you find your dreams fulfilled with ivf. Lots of hugs sweetie.

Loulou, good luck on your 20 week scan! I'm 17w4d and plodding on.

loulou123

#140 Post by loulou123 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 pm

We’ve just had the 20-week scan and found out WE’RE HAVING A BOY!!!! And he’s looking healthy, which is the most important part. I’m so used to getting bad news that I nearly shed a tear out of pure happiness.

How’s everyone else getting on? xxx

MommyKenny

#141 Post by MommyKenny » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:35 am

That is lovely news loulou! were you hoping for a boy? And you're right a healthy baby, boy or girl, is a blessing!

I just felt the baby move last week! It's a wonderful feeling! :D

loulou123

#142 Post by loulou123 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 am

I had no preference either way, I was just hoping there was still a healthy baby in there!

We told the sonographer that we weren’t sure if we wanted to find out the sex, and then at the end of the scan she just told us anyway, which was a bit odd, but it gives my other half a bit of time to get used to the idea of having a boy - for some reason he was absolutely convinced it was going to be a girl.

MommyKenny isn’t it lovely being able to feel something? I find it really reassuring.

DK - where are you at now? Are you having one more go at IUI? xxx

dk123

#143 Post by dk123 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi!

Congratulations LouLou! So happy for you! And so glad everything’s going well!

I ended up having 1 last go at IUI, but for some reason I had a short cycle so was inseminated on cd 11 so only had sex once before that, so I don’t hold much hope on this.
However we’ve been referred to the ivf clinic. And have my initial consultation on the 12th - they insisting on waiting to see if my IUI worked! Which annoyed me because I have no faith whatsoever!
But hopefully my next period after Xmas we should be able to start the ivf process!

Xxx

loulou123

#144 Post by loulou123 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Hey DK - so lovely to hear from you!
Which IVF clinic will you be going to? I hope it goes well for you once you get started (although I have to say the whole process is horrible with all the drugs and the stress). At least this way you can try to enjoy Christmas and have a few drinks!

Keep us posted, we’re all rooting for you
xxx

dk123

#145 Post by dk123 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 pm

We went for nurture fertility, both of our friends used them and were successful so thought we would take on their recommendation.

We are both excited to start the ivf process. The whole IUI thing for us took 11 months so we’re more than ready to move on.

We going to have a lovely Christmas and start again in the new year.

My husband always jokes that our baby will be born in September or October as everyone in our family is then, and our anniversary, so costs him a fortune, so he keeps joking that our ivf will time it for around then so bound to work! I’ll take his positive thinking for that one haha.

Il keep you updated! And keep me updated with all of your baby news! I truly am so happy for you all!

Xxx

MommyKenny

#146 Post by MommyKenny » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:34 am

DK, yes let's all have a lovely Christmas! And may you have a quick and successful ivf journey :)

loulou, yes it is wonderful to feel baby move in there! I find myself waiting for every moment then find myself screaming at me hubby to come and feel - poor thing never got the proper timing.