First IVF Cycle

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

BM2020

First IVF Cycle

#1 Post by BM2020 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:25 am

Hi All,

We have a review appointment for our failed IUI cycle and hoping to get the ball rolling on starting an IVF Cycle. Would anyone be able to let me know how long the process normally is? Our review isn’t until 17th November. I’m guessing December would be too soon to start anything?

Ceebee12

Re: First IVF Cycle

#2 Post by Ceebee12 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Hello BM2020,
Sorry about your IUI. I have just started my first IVF cycle and had not had any treatment before that, so not sure if there is a usual 'wait' period if you've just had treatment.
So I can only tell you how mine went - it was very quick from the first scan at Care, then receiving my protocol about a week after that, then just waited for the right time in my cycle. So when I got my protocol, I was pretty early on in one cycle, and supposed to start meds on my day 19 - that left plenty of time to get the meds delivered and start in that month. Basically no time was wasted at all, and they asked me if I wanted to start in that same month which I was very eager to do! So how fast you can start will depend on what meds you are prescribed, whether it's a long or short protocol, and where you are in your cycle.
I hope that helps a little - it's lots of uncertainty until you know your protocol but as soon as I had that I've felt very reassured and things have moved swiftly.
Wishing you lots of luck xx

Miley

#3 Post by Miley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 pm

Aww due for my first consultation on 24th Nov... Never done anything like this before so really don't know what to expect. My partner is having his sperm analysed but I have had so many scans with nhs so lady said I could wait until my initial consultation to see if it will be needed. Will I prob have to wait until Jan to start any treatments? :?

Mcdowellray1

#4 Post by Mcdowellray1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:49 pm

Miley - Yeah nothing much happens in december unfortunatley . Good luck on this journey always happy to chat

Miley

#5 Post by Miley » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:13 pm

Mcdowellray1 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:49 pm
Miley - Yeah nothing much happens in december unfortunatley . Good luck on this journey always happy to chat
Thank you... I am getting so worried how covid is going to affect these treatments. How has ivf during ever changing covid world been for you? 😊

Mcdowellray1

#6 Post by Mcdowellray1 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:04 am

Well im through Nottingham via Boston and they are in teur 3 lockdown and I will start injecting very soon fir my very first IVF cycle. I dint think they will stop everything this time like in March so finger crossed we carry on

Miley

#7 Post by Miley » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:07 pm

Mcdowellray1 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:04 am
Well im through Nottingham via Boston and they are in teur 3 lockdown and I will start injecting very soon fir my very first IVF cycle. I dint think they will stop everything this time like in March so finger crossed we carry on
Aww well that's good... Fingers crossed it can all still go ahead xx