Re: First appointment at qmc

#26 Post by loulou123 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:24 pm

Oh I'm excited for you!

Hope your scan went well! (not very dignified is it?) x

dk123

#27 Post by dk123 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi,
My first scan went well, I’ve got 4 follicles that look good. I’m back again on Friday to see how it’s going. And hoping for the procedure on Monday.
No the scans aren’t nice, especially first thing in the morning!

Have you progressed any further with your test? Xx

loulou123

#28 Post by loulou123 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Hey!
I'm just doing a daily injection to switch off my hormones at the moment, they want to control the timing of everything really carefully so I'll do this for a few weeks then re-introduce some estrogen and progesterone in the run up to the test. I think it'll be at the end of March.

4 follicles is perfect, definitely enough to get pregnant! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
x

dk123

#29 Post by dk123 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:49 pm

The end of March will come round so quickly!

You were right when you said I’ll gentused to doing injections, I was dreading them but I’ve got the hang of it now!

I’m hoping the IUI works, but they did say that I might have too many follicles this cycle to do it, so may need to wait till next month and lower the dosage. I assume the hard bit it getting them to fertilise isn’t it. I’m back in tomorrow so I’ll see what they say. Xx

loulou123

#30 Post by loulou123 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 am

Good luck for your scan today! x

dk123

#31 Post by dk123 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi,

This month for the IUI is a no go, my follicles are too big, so there’s a risk of quads so they have cancelled it and I’ll have to try again next month 🙄 xx

Jo1984

#32 Post by Jo1984 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:50 pm

dk123 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:25 pm
Hi,

This month for the IUI is a no go, my follicles are too big, so there’s a risk of quads so they have cancelled it and I’ll have to try again next month 🙄 xx
How frustrating :( hopefully they can get the dose right next month!
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP! DD born 06/11/19 :D

loulou123

#33 Post by loulou123 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:01 am

Oh no that's such a shame! I'm sure I had 3 follicles each time when I had IUI, but maybe 3's ok and 4's too many?
I'm gutted for you, but maybe if you have loads of s*x you could still get pregnant this month...!

dk123

#34 Post by dk123 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:53 pm

I think she said 3 was fine, but I had 4 big ones so she said it’s over their limit. She told us not to have sex unless we wanted quads haha! Hubby looked terrified! 😂 we are just going to try again this month with a smaller dosage if the injection. So fingers crossed again. Just waiting for my period to come now so I can book in xx

loulou123

#35 Post by loulou123 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Hey,

How are you getting on?

I had that ERA test done last week, I felt like such an idiot because I went for a wee beforehand and apparently you’re meant to have a full bladder for the procedure. This meant they couldn’t get the tube into my cervix and I had to wait another hour until the operating theatre was available so they could use the scanner. And then during the procedure I just felt really emotional all of a sudden and started crying. The doctor was worried she’d hurt me, but I was just crying because I was on my own and thinking why the hell am I putting myself through all this, I must be crazy!
We should get the results by the end of next week and I’m already dreading going back to the clinic and seeing the doctor again...

Basically I’m an emotional wreck and I hope you’re doing better than I am! xx

dk123

#36 Post by dk123 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:38 am

Hi,

Oh no, sometimes I get like that! Specially when 2 of my friends are now pregnant after their first month of trying! Obviously I’m happy for them but it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I wouldn’t worry about being emotional, I’m sure the doctor sees a lot of emotional women everyday!

I have had a bit of a delay 🙄 I had a 40 day cycle so missed the cut off for treatment before Easter so now will have to wait till my next cycle! It’s so frustrating! We’re still going to try natuarally this month but I don’t think it will happen!

I’ve got everything crossed for your results next week! Hopefully they will be able to give you a solution finally! 🤞🏼 Xx

dk123

#37 Post by dk123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:21 am

Hi loulou123

Have you had your results back yet? Xx

loulou123

#38 Post by loulou123 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:02 pm

Hey DK,

Yes, we’ve had the test results. They showed nothing was wrong with my uterus lining so there goes another line of enquiry! I’m not sure how I feel about it, it’s good to know there’s nothing wrong but I was kind of hoping to find an explanation so that we could do something different in our next cycle.
As it is, I don’t know what the doctor will recommend. Probably just another cycle the same as the last one so I don’t understand why this one would be any more successful. We have a review appointment mid-May then will start the egg collection cycle in mid-June/July time. We won’t know the outcome till end of July at the earliest. It all takes so long!

Anyway, enough about me, how are things with you? xx

dk123

#39 Post by dk123 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:42 am

Hi Loulou123

It’s a hard one isn’t it, because it’s good news that there’s nothing wrong, but still so frustrating. I think it’s so much worse to have unexplained infertility, because it just makes no sense!

I have been doing injections again for my IUI and have another scan in the morning. I’m not very optimistic now though as they have given me the same dose just started 2 days earlier, so I have a feeling they won’t be able to do the IUI this month either! Also the nurse said there’s only a 15% chance of it working, which I did know but she said it like it’s just a stepping stone to ivf. So sort of feel like I’m wasting my time.

I’ll see how it’s goes but I’m just not confident anything will happen.

My friend has just had to have tests done for her infertility too! It’s so common. Xx

loulou123

#40 Post by loulou123 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:29 am

Hi DK,
Don’t lose hope with IUI, it definitely works for some people, one of my best friends had a baby through IUI. I really hope you at least get to have a proper go this time.

It can be useful to have a friend in a similar situation, you can talk things over with them. But it can also be difficult if her journey ends up being different from yours, I’ve had a few friends who thought they were infertile, and they’ve all got 2 kids each now and I’m the only one left still trying! I’m happy for them but I just wish it had happened for me too.

My review appointment isn’t for another 2 weeks so I feel like I’m in limbo at the moment. Good luck with your IUI
I’ve got everything crossed for you! Let me know how you get on xx

dk123

#41 Post by dk123 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:40 am

Hi loulou123

So, more bad news for me, I ovulated early so still didn’t get the chance for IUI this month, and I think next time will run into bank holiday so look like another long wait for me, it’s just one thing after another at the moment.

Another 2 week wait for you, it’s never ending! At least you will be able to talk to a doctor and you never know they may suggest something different this time.

Let me know how you get on. X

loulou123

#42 Post by loulou123 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:47 pm

OMG you must be so frustrated! x

loulou123

#43 Post by loulou123 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Hey DK,
How are you? Do you know when your next go will be?

I’ve just been for my review appointment so we can plan the next ICSI cycle and I found out that my antral follicle count (I think that’s what it’s called) has gone down from 12 to 9 since my last cycle so the doctor said I’ll need a higher dose of drugs to get eggs this time around. Great.
He also recommended we do genetic testing on the embryos before using them just to make sure there’s nothing wrong with them. But it’ll cost £2700 to do the test, and I’m not sure it’s worth it for 2-4 embryos which is all we’ve ever managed to get before.
It’s so hard to know what to spend extra money on!

I hope you’re doing okay hon x

dk123

#44 Post by dk123 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi, how are you?

Sorry for the late reply, to top my bad luck off I’ve had the flu!

I am still waiting for my period to start so it’s a race against time, they want to start my injections on cycle day 2 but because of bank holiday I think we will miss it. And the cycle afterwards might be a struggle as we have a holiday booked, I tried to book it in a week that I didn’t have treatment but it’s so hard to guess!

Oh wow £3k for the tests is a lot! How sure can they be that it will be worth the tests, does it improve your chances? When are you starting your next cycle?
What would make your follicle level go down? Or different next month?

Ivf seems so much more complex than IUI.

Xx

loulou123

#45 Post by loulou123 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:23 pm

Hey DK,

I think the follicle count just goes down with age, and I’ve just turned 36 so I guess I need to accept my chances are starting to get worse.

I’ve decided not to do the extra tests, and the doctor has agreed, there aren’t going to be enough embryos to make it worthwhile.

Has your period arrived? How come a holiday would get in the way? Would it fall when you’d need to go into the clinic? I’ve always managed to find a way to work around holidays and things, but it’s involved doing injections in all sorts of places - I did one in a portaloo in a field once, and also in the toilets at the vets when my dog was poorly! The things we have to do...

I’m going to start injections 21 days after my next period, should be around the end of June.

I hope you’ve managed to go ahead and you don’t have to wait another month!

x

dk123

#46 Post by dk123 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 am

Hi, Lou Lou,

So my bad luck has continued, my period arrived and I rang the clinic, but the probe was broken and they weren’t booking in any appointments until it was fixed so I missed my window 🙄.

We may be able to work it round holidays but we’re abroad and usually have to go into the clinic every 4 days so I can’t see us being able to do it. I think a break will do is good anyway.

I think not doing the tests is a food thing, it’s just extra stress and money! The end of June isn’t long to wait, fingers crossed for this time! Xx

loulou123

#47 Post by loulou123 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Oh my goodness I can’t believe how much bad luck you’ve had! :roll:

I’m looking forward to starting again, but I know it’s going to be so stressful until I know how many embryos we’ve managed to get. I’m away on a girls weekend next week, hopefully that’ll be nice and relaxing just before all the medication starts.

Try to relax while you’re having an enforced break, and enjoy your holiday. Keep me posted on your progress when you get back xx

dk123

#48 Post by dk123 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:12 am

Of course, I’ll keep you posted.

Let me me know how you get on too. I’ve got everything crossed for you!

Good luck xx

Ire1

#49 Post by Ire1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 am

Hello,

I know this is a old post but we are just starting at QMC Nottingham.

We had booked a long haul holiday for March 2020, I was just wondering the process because of this? Would they advise us to wait until after by delaying treatment! We are very new to this and first time for us so we don’t know what to expect!

We have been trying for 4 years due to female/male factors!

I wish you all lots of luck on your journey!!

Thank you :)

dk123

#50 Post by dk123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi Ire1

You will be fine to go on holiday, you will just maybe have to miss a treatment that month, but to be honest I quite enjoy having a break from it. They should still start treatment as normal, you can have as many breaks from it as you like. :)

When is your first appointment?

Good luck on your journey too! Xx