First appointment at qmc

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

loulou123

Re: First appointment at qmc

#51 Post by loulou123 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:54 am

Hi DK and Ire,
Sorry for not replying sooner, I’ve been away on holiday and haven’t checked this page in a while.

How are you both?
DK - what’s your latest news?
Ire - where are you going on holiday? You should just get started with treatment and maybe ask one of the nurses at your clinic about the holiday dates. You might have time to have some treatment between now and March, and I’m sure they’ll be able to work around it (even if it’s a zika area you’ll just need a few weeks’ / months’ break afterwards).

I’m just down-regulating, waiting for my period to start so I can start stimulating some eggs. I’ve still been drinking a bit of alcohol and caffeine so I need to cut that out, but I’m finding it hard to get motivated this time around though (because it’s never worked before).

Please keep posting about your progress, it’s so nice to hear from other people xx

dk123

#52 Post by dk123 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:16 am

Hi LouLou,

I am waiting for my period to start should be around the end of the month, then I’m going to book another IUI cycle and hopefully get a full go this time!

We’ve starting saving for the access fertility package as I feel that, that’s the way we’re heading with our luck 🙄.

I feel the same as you, I’m so not motivated this month, the thought of more appointments drains me!

When are you hoping to start your period? Xx

loulou123

#53 Post by loulou123 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Hooray - my period has started (never thought I’d be so happy about that!) so hopefully I’ll start on new drugs next week to start stimulating lots of eggs. I’m feeling a bit nervous about it because I haven’t been particularly avoiding alcohol or caffeine and I’m worried that might have a bit of a negative effect. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now except be an angel from now on!

I really hope you get to have a proper go this time around, it seems like you’ve had more than your fair share of set backs!

I’ll keep you posted xx

dk123

#54 Post by dk123 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi Loulou,

Amazing news that you can finally start your treatment! I’m still waiting to start mine, think I’m due anywhere between Saturday and the following Saturday depending on my cycle length. So I’ll be excited like you when mine finally comes.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the caffeine and alcohol, you’re only human haha.

I am definitely due some good luck, I’m hoping this month might go better.

I’ve got everything crossed for you, keep me posted and I’ll let you know how I get on. Good luck! Xx

Ire1

#55 Post by Ire1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:18 am

Hello,

Sorry about the late reply! I forgot to check this, you can tell I’m new to it all!

Well, she’s advised us to wait until we get back off holiday but that won’t be until April next year! And we are going to the Caribbean, so she has said to wait until after , test for Zika and then to start!! Seems like forever to wait :( I suppose we’ve been waiting 4 years, another couple of months won’t hurt! :|

How are you all getting on? X

loulou123

#56 Post by loulou123 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi ladies,

Oh no Ire, that’s probably not what you wanted to hear! Maybe it’s because you’re travelling to a Zika area, and if you have treatment and get pregnant before you go it would put you and the baby at higher risk. You could start taking supplements etc now so that your body is 100% ready for April?

DK - it sounds really sensible to start saving for “just in case”. We’re on an Access Fertility package, and it has saved us nearly £7k so far. If you get pregnant beforehand you can always put the money towards something else like nursery furniture.

As for me, I’m on the stim drugs now, guessing egg collection will be on 29th or 30th July based on past cycles. Fingers crossed I get a few decent embryos again, we've never managed to get a lot (2-4) but I’d be happy if we manage that again.

Sending luck to you both xx

dk123

#57 Post by dk123 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi Lou Lou,

That’s so exciting, egg collection next week! Fingers crossed for you! My friend only had 1 collected and she managed to have a baby!

I am going for my next appointment on Friday so will start my injections Friday, so if all goes well I could have my insemination end of next week. However I think they are still unsure on what drugs to give me and how much, it’s very much trial and error!

Keep me updated, and I’ll do the same you never know this could be our month! 🙌🏻 Xx

loulou123

#58 Post by loulou123 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Hey DK,

There’s always a bit of trial and error with the drug dose, they probably don’t know how your body will react as everyone seems to be a bit different with these things. My only advice is to try not to stress and drink plenty of water, I get headaches from the drugs if I don’t drink enough.

Gosh, your friend was very lucky!
So far I’ve had 17 eggs collected, 12 were mature, 11 fertilised, 6 developed into blastocysts and all of those were transferred over the last 2 years... and still no pregnancy! I think this is our last cycle, we’ll use whatever embryos we get and then call it a day.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you xx

dk123

#59 Post by dk123 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi,

I honestly just think it’s the luck of the draw. I still can’t believe after all of that you’ve not been pregnant, it makes no sense to me.

I’ve heard of people that stop doing ivf and come to peace with not having a baby, then boom they get pregnant naturally. Crazy things happen!

Xx

loulou123

#60 Post by loulou123 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi DK,
How are you getting on?

I’ve just got home from egg collection this morning, they managed to get 13 eggs which the most I’ve ever had so I’m happy with that (although I think only half of them will be mature as some of the follicles were still small when I did the trigger injection on Saturday).

I hope your injections are going well xx

loulou123

#61 Post by loulou123 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:13 am

Quick update: I’ve just had my update call to say that 5 eggs have fertilised overnight so now it’s a case of seeing how well they develop over the next few days...

How are things with you? xx

dk123

#62 Post by dk123 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi Loulou,

Thanks amazing! 5 eggs fertilised, I’m so excited for you, Im keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏼.

I’ve just been for my 2nd scan I’ve got 2 eggs looking good and I’m going back Friday to see how they are getting on. They are hoping to do IUI on Saturday if they continue at the same rate. I think this is the most positive cycle yet so far for me, so I’m quite happy.

When will you have them put back in? How many days do you have to wait? Xx

loulou123

#63 Post by loulou123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:08 pm

Hey DK,

My embryo transfer should be on Friday or Saturday so that means we’ll be in the dreaded 2 week wait at exactly the same time!

I’m at work this week but I’m so distracted and finding it hard to concentrate on anything.

I hope you’re holding up okay, I hate this waiting part...

xx

dk123

#64 Post by dk123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi, Lou Lou,

I’m exactly the same, I can’t concentrate at all! Haha. I’m a bit excited and very nervous.

I think it’s some sort of sign that we’re in the 2 week wait together! We can go crazy at the same time! I may even have a longer wait as the hormones seem to make my cycles extra long 🙄.

I’m crossing my fingers that I can actually have the IUI this time, and not get it cancelled again!

Keep me updated! Eeek! Xx

MommyKenny

#65 Post by MommyKenny » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:01 am

Hello ladies, I hope you don't mind my hopping in. I'm on my first appointment too although I am not on my home country. We decided to have it overseas. But your inputs are very useful, continue posting your updates :)

loulou123

#66 Post by loulou123 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:37 am

Welcome mommykenny!

Is this your first ever appointment? If you’re having treatment abroad how does that work? Do you have to travel overseas for every appointment?

Wishing you lots of luck xx

As for me - I’ve just had a call to say my embryo transfer will definitely be Saturday, we are down to 4 embryos now and one of those isn’t looking great quality, but I’ll take whatever I can get! xx

Ire1

#67 Post by Ire1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:09 am

Good luck all of you!!

Just nipped on here to see how you are getting on :) fingers crossed for all of you!! Xxx

dk123

#68 Post by dk123 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:19 am

Hi guys,

I’ve had a bit of bad news today, my lining isn’t thick enough so they can’t do the procedure. So looks like you will be on your this month Loulou! I’ve got my fingers crossed for you!

Keep us updated! Good luck for tomorrow xx

loulou123

#69 Post by loulou123 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:30 pm

DK- You’re joking! I’m so sorry to hear that’s, it’s so disappointing for you. It seems really unfair as you’ve waited so long to get this far and it all seemed to be going so well.

Take care of yourself, I’ll let you know my outcome in a couple of weeks xx

And thanks Ire! How are things with you? xx

dk123

#70 Post by dk123 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:24 pm

It’s the worst, they had all the paperwork ready for the IUI then was like ‘oh hang on your lining isn’t thick enough’
They have given me 3 more days of injections to thicken it up, but my follicle is 20mm so I will ovulate over the weekend. They are seeing again on Monday afternoon but they have said the chances are slim that 1. I don’t ovulate and 2. My lining is thick enough.
Now I don’t think I will get a cycle on before I go away in September 🙄

Good luck for yours! You need to give me some good news, one of us needs some success haha! Xx

loulou123

#71 Post by loulou123 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:06 am

Hey DK,
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!
As for me, I had 2 embryos transferred and one frozen, so I’ll let you know the outcome in 2 weeks. I might go a bit quiet till then, I find the waiting drives me completely insane so I’ve got lots of distractions planned for the next couple of weeks xx

MommyKenny

#72 Post by MommyKenny » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:41 am

loulou123 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:37 am
Welcome mommykenny!

Is this your first ever appointment? If you’re having treatment abroad how does that work? Do you have to travel overseas for every appointment?

Wishing you lots of luck xx

As for me - I’ve just had a call to say my embryo transfer will definitely be Saturday, we are down to 4 embryos now and one of those isn’t looking great quality, but I’ll take whatever I can get! xx
Hi loulou! Congratulations on your embryo transfer! I just had mine too, just one embryo for me. But some we had frozen. We had donors for both egg and sperm. Regarding your question earlier no we don't have to fly for every appointment. We do preps here at home before we fly for the transfer itself. Then I'm home again now for the wait. I sure know what you mean about the waiting. What do you plan on doing? I thought it would be easy not to think about it but I was wrong, it's all that is on my mind!

Ire1

#73 Post by Ire1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:38 pm

DK123 - I am so sorry to hear that!! Have they said when you will be able to do it? How did you get on Monday!! Xx

Lou Lou!!! Ahh well done on your transfer! I don’t blame you having time to yourself ! I am crossing my fingers for you!!

MommyKenny- sending you lots of good luck also!

I’m doing okay thank you, concentrating on loosing some weight and getting my body ready for next year for when we finally start!!! Is there any advice/vitamins you could suggest or anything to help whilst I’m getting my body, baby ready? And also for my other half?

Much love x

dk123

#74 Post by dk123 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi All,

So I’ve had an eventful few days. Monday’s appointment through a spanner in the works, I did an ovulation year and I hadn’t ovulated. Then they checked my lining and the reading on Friday was inaccurate, it turns out I have a back to front uterus and the reading was in the wrong place, so Monday’s reading was a nice thick lining, so they gave me a trigger shot to release my egg and I had the IUI procedure yesterday! So now I am also in my 2 week wait. Just goes to show how quickly things can change!

Ire1, we use pregnacare and my husband used to take well man you can buy a box with both pills in. I think they’re are cheaper brands out there. Or maybe on the internet. I think the main thing is to eat and drink healthy and folic acid.

Sending lots of luck to mommykenny and Lou Lou! I hope your both coping well with the wait!

Keep us updated! Xx

Ire1

#75 Post by Ire1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:52 am

Oh wow, that was a quick turnaround wasn’t it!!! Amazing news though! Make sure you relax and occupy yourself during the two weeks!! Looking forward to you hopefully receiving some good news!!!! Bet you are pleased!!

Thank you!! I was looking at them, our Consultant told us a name of one for the male at our appointment but I have searched the internet and I can’t find it anywhere!! :(

Keep us posted :D xxx