First appointment at qmc

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

MommyKenny

Re: First appointment at qmc

#76 Post by MommyKenny » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 am

Thanks Ire1 and back at you too!

dk123 thanks dear and congratulations on the transfer, it's great that we're on our two week wait with loulou. I heard about acupuncture and how it's supposed to help women like us on ivf - have you ladies ever tried it? And I've yet to search where they do that here in Belfast. But then again I don't really know if I want to be poked with more needles. :lol:

loulou123

#77 Post by loulou123 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:48 am

DK - that’s incredible! And also pretty incompetent of them??? I also have a retroverted uterus and as far as I’m aware it’s never caused any issues when I’ve been scanned. When is your test date?

MommyKenny - congratulations on your transfer! When is your test date?

I can’t believe the timing has worked out like this and we're all in the dreaded 2 week wait together! It’s so nice to have company. Apparently I’ve become a nightmare to live with, I’m on all kind of medication that are making me crazy (steroids and blood thinner injections as well progesterone which I’m doing as injections rather than pessaries this time around) and my moods are all over the place. How are you guys coping?

Ire - thanks for all the positive thoughts, keep your fingers crossed for all of us. Oh and in terms of vitamins I’ve been taking a pregnacare conception multivitamin and my other half has taken some of the well man conception multivitamins, only when he remembers though which isn’t very often! xxx

dk123

#78 Post by dk123 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:19 pm

I couldn’t believe it when they said that they were doing the insemination the next day, I thought they were joking! And yes very incompetent, I spent the whole weekend furious for no reason!

My test date is the 20th, but I’m not going to do one until the weekend after if by some miracle I don’t have a period. When are you test dates, mommykenny and loulou?

I am also a hormonal wreck, and every twinge or feeling I’m thinking about, it’s driving me crazy already!

Xx

loulou123

#79 Post by loulou123 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

My test date is next Friday (16th Aug), but I might test a few days early just so I can get my head around it before I have to break the news to my boyfriend x

dk123

#80 Post by dk123 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:39 pm

I can’t test any earlier because of the trigger shot that they gave me.

I’m not feeling confident as I still have signs of ovulation and I should have ovulated 2 days ago! But I’m trying not to put a downer on it just yet! Xx

loulou123

#81 Post by loulou123 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:25 am

The trigger shot will only be in your system for a certain number of days - maybe 7-13 days or so depending on the dose. But don’t test early if you don’t want to! Just do whatever feels right for you.

I will probably test sometime next week, after when my period would be due as a pregnancy test should be reliable by then xxx

loulou123

#82 Post by loulou123 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:19 pm

MommyKenny, DK,
How are you getting on with the 2 week wait? I hope you two are feeling more positive than I am.

I’m feeling some cramping today and I think my period would be due tomorrow if I wasn’t taking progesterone, so I’m feeling pretty much like it hasn’t worked xxx

dk123

#83 Post by dk123 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi,

I’m not feeling g positive at all, I’ve been feeling crampy and getting all the symptoms I usually get before my period 🙄

I’ve got my blood test Tuesday to test for ovulation then the week later I need to do my test.

When are you testing loulou? Don’t give up hope just yet though xx

loulou123

#84 Post by loulou123 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Oh DK, you sound just like me! I’ve heard cramps can be a good thing and I’ve read many positive stories where ladies thought their period was about to start and then they got a positive test... but it’s so hard to be positive when it’s you in that situation!

I’m not sure when I’ll test, I haven’t bought a test yet so I can’t do one just yet as I’m saving the Care test for Friday. I might see how I feel after tomorrow because that’s when my period would be due. I don’t really want to know just yet to be honest!

I’m going to keep everything crossed for you (and for you too MommyKenny) xxx

dk123

#85 Post by dk123 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:02 pm

I just can’t ever image having a positive pregnancy test, it doesn’t even cross my mind. I just hope my period doesn’t start at work because I don’t know if I can hold it all together!

I’d wait as long as possible before testing you don’t want to test too early incase the results aren’t accurate.

I’ve got everything crossed for you too 🤞🏼 Xx

loulou123

#86 Post by loulou123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:35 am

DK - keep the faith! You’re right at the beginning of a journey. Hopefully it will be a quick process for you to get pregnant but it might take a while and you must try to be positive.

As for me, I was awake from 3am wondering so in the end I broke and did a test and my eyes nearly fell out of my head when it was a BFP! I’ve been having fertility treatment for 4 years and never even seen a positive test until this morning. I’m in shock! Obviously there’s still a way to go but I’m over the moon to have finally got a positive on our 6th transfer, I really thought there was no hope for me.

MommyKenny - how are you getting on? xxx

MommyKenny

#87 Post by MommyKenny » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:57 am

Lolou, omg congratulations on your BFP!!!! :D So happy for you! I suppose you should take extra care of yourself now that you have a precious load in you! Wow!

DK I think the expect-the-worst approach can work sometimes. But then again we are supposed to just act calm and not expect aything and act as if everythings normal.

My testing is on the 22nd. So far no symptoms. Maybe that's good too.

dk123

#88 Post by dk123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:47 am

Lou Lou, omg congratulations I’m so happy for you! I had a good feeling about this cycle for you! I can’t even image how happy you must be!

Did you have any symptoms or just got the feeling to do a test?

Mommykenny, my test date is the 20th so looks like we’ve still got a little while to wait! Xx

loulou123

#89 Post by loulou123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am

Thanks ladies - I had no idea at all. I was feeling my period was about to start (I’ve been having cramps and a couple of stabbing type pains) and then when I didn’t have any bleeding I thought I just need to know!

Keeping everything crossed for both of you xxx

dk123

#90 Post by dk123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks Lou Lou,

I’ve got my normal period feelings, the only difference I have is sore boobs, but I just think that’s the extra hormones I’ve had this time.

Will you get an early pregnancy scan soon? You never know you might have twins in there!

Xxx

loulou123

#91 Post by loulou123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:37 am

The hormones are so confusing, I’ve pretty much felt the same symptoms every time, I guess it’s the effect of the progesterone. Stay strong and try not to go crazy.

I’m going to wait till Friday to ring Care, I think they’ll tell me off if I confess I tested early! But yes, I think they should offer a viability scan (I’m guessing in September) so fingers crossed I won’t have to wait too long.

The thought of twins has occurred to me because the positive line on the test was quite strong - maybe we didn’t need to put two embryos back after all! xxx

dk123

#92 Post by dk123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm

I’m so excited for you, your first scan will be so magical!

Twins is my preference so I was quite gutted when only one of my eggs were big enough. So I’m hoping next cycle I get 2 eggs haha.

Xx

Ire1

#93 Post by Ire1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Oh my god!!!! I am glad I popped on here to see how you guys are getting on!!

Congratulations on your BFP!! I can’t even begin to imagine how over the moon you must be feeling’ I hope we all get the same feeling :D take it easy!! Keep us updated!! Xxx

DK123 and MommyKenny stay positive, I’ve got everything crossed for you both!! Xxx

I know it’s not until March/April and when we start our journey but I can’t wait!! What is the process at Nottingham? I’ve been reading so much online , but I’ve not actually spoke to anyone who has gone through it xxxxxx

dk123

#94 Post by dk123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi ire1

Do you know if it is IUI or ivf that you will be going for?

My process with Nottingham was really quick, I had all my tests done at my gps office then went to qmc hospital for another test which is called a hsg dye test which just checks for any blockages. After that they will start which ever route you are going to take when your next cycle starts. Then just hope for the best 🙌🏻 Xxx

loulou123

#95 Post by loulou123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Thanks guys, all of you have been so kind on here! I’m keeping everything crossed for all of you xxx

Ire1

#96 Post by Ire1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:11 pm

They haven’t really said much just said IVF or ICSI? I think that’s what it is!! Fingers crossed they do all the test prior to or it’ll take foreverrrr! How long has your cycle been this time around xxx

dk123

#97 Post by dk123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:16 am

Hi Ire1

I’m not sure about ivf or Icsi, I’ve only had IUI so far, and only had 1 full cycle so far. I’m on day 22 of my cycle this time, they did my procedure on cycle day 14, so I can test on the 20th.

It’s been a long journey with my IUI as it’s a bit of trial and error to get the dosage right. So it’s taken them 3 times before they could do the procedure. They have said to me numerous times that ivf is far more controlled so should be a little easier in that aspect.

What tests have you had so far? Are you private or nhs? Xxx

MommyKenny

#98 Post by MommyKenny » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:06 am

Loulou can't wait to see your first scan! Do post it come September? Take care of yourself now.

DK yup seems like forever! Can't wait! Have you had some form of spotting or bleeding? They say it is a good sign coz that means implantation.

Ire1 I've had my share of IUI. Didn't work so IVF had to come. We had ours through a private clinic outside Europe.

dk123

#99 Post by dk123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:24 pm

No I’ve not had anything like that, just sore boobs but I think it’s from the trigger shot.

I’ve heard the opposite about implantation bleeding, as if can mean your lining isn’t very strong. Everyone gets told such different things.

Xx

dk123

#100 Post by dk123 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 am

Hi guys,

Just an update for you. My period came today earlier than ever 🙄 . On to IUI number 2 for me.

Good luck MommyKenny for you test day!

Hope you’re ok Loulou! Xx