Gay couple looking to start a family

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

Jacinthebox

Gay couple looking to start a family

#1 Post by Jacinthebox » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 am

Hi Everyone,

My other half Steven and I are desperate to fill the void in our lives where children should be. We have been happily together now for coming up to 7 years, but we know that we will be together for considerable time. We are happy living just us and our dogs, but we will never be complete until we have children, and this is made just that bit harder with being a same sex couple.

We have been looking to go down the IVF route with potential surrogacy or co-parenting to make our dream a reality. The cost of which is eyewatering to us, and as much as we want to make it happen we would probably be in our 50s before we could finance it. I have set up a gofundme fundraiser to see if there's anyone that would be interested in helping us, or even if you aren't in a position to donate, a share would go a long way to supporting us.

Thanks for reading my message. I know fundraising is probably something that frustrates a lot of people, as there are a lot of them around, some of which are completely materialistic. To be honest it's always frustrated me too, until I've now found myself in this position of needing help. Thank you again for taking the time to read this and I hope it resonates with someone.

Take care,
Josh x

gf.me/u/ydnj34