FET June/July

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

Clairebear1984

Re: FET June/July

#76 Post by Clairebear1984 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:06 pm

All went fine with scan, start supecur tonight and menopur (450) tomorrow. Exciting 😬😬😬😬

Jay_burdy89

#77 Post by Jay_burdy89 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Just jumping on this thread as I'm hoping to do my FET June/July. I've had my first baseline scan last Tuesday and another scan is booked this Friday. No dates set for the transfer until we know what's happening this Friday. Currently taking 8mg of Prognyova xx

missl

#78 Post by missl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Fab news clairbear.eek😬😬. Welcome jay hope all’s well with your next scan xx

MrsG2013

#79 Post by MrsG2013 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 pm

Fantastic news clairebear! What happens now? Your protocol seems different from mine.

Hi Jay!! Fingers crossed for Friday! 🤞 xxx
Fresh Cycle Feb 2019 BFN :(
FET June 2019 BFN :(
Much love to all xxx

Jay_burdy89

#80 Post by Jay_burdy89 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:17 pm

Thank you, forgot to say I'm at the Tunbridge Wells clinic as well xx

MoonQueen

#81 Post by MoonQueen » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi ladies!
How is everyone? Looks like there has been some progress since I was last on here :D
I was back at the clinic to see the doctor today, all is fine and I can start when AF arrives, which is hopefully soon as I'm on CD45...
Our two embies are the same grade as the one that gave me my youngest, so that's given me a bit more hope. Xx
ICSI fresh cycle 2011 - DS1
ICSI freeze all 2015 - FET #1 - DS2
FET #2 planned for June/July 2019

MrsG2013

#82 Post by MrsG2013 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 pm

That’s great news MoonQueen! Hopefully AF arrives soon 🤞 xx
Much love to all xxx

smithk11

#83 Post by smithk11 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Hi everyone!

Good to hear everyone is making good progress!

Mrs G how is the sickness now? Any better?

Clairebear glad the scan went well. Bet you're glad to get started. Is yours a fresh cycle?

Welcome Jay! Hop your next scan goes ok! How many scans do you have before starting treatment. I cannot remember for the life of me how many scans I had with my last FET

Moonqueen, wow cycle day 45!! Bet you're getting fed up aren't u! Hopefully won't be long now until you can get going again. Great that it's another good quality embryo...

I've got my initial consultation tomorrow finally so will see what they have to say and when I can get started! Got a feeling it will be a while though because I presume they will want to do a baseline scan and then it'll be the cycle after that which.will be ages for me as I have such long cycles !!
1st IVF - freeze all due to OHSS
FET 1 - BFN
FET 2 - Chemical pregnancy
Bloods showed APS - started clexane.
2nd IVF - 1 blastocyst transferred - BFP!! DS born 2018
2 frozen embies on ice

Jay_burdy89

#84 Post by Jay_burdy89 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys :D I've never done an FET. Has anyone else and can they remember the side effects. Sorry for the TMI but seem to have a lot of ewcm, so I'm assuming from the estrogen? Any Ideas? XX

Clairebear1984

#85 Post by Clairebear1984 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Welcome Jay, I’m at Tunbridge Wells too. Hope all goes well with your next scan, do you know when your ET is?

Mine is a fresh cycle, 2nd fresh one. I’m on the short protocol, so now it’s time to grow the foliclies, looking at egg collection on the 24th of all goes well.

Hope your consultant goes ok tomorrow Smithk, will yours be a FET or fresh? How are you feeling?

Mrsg how are you feeling? Still feeling sick?

Keep positive ladies 💪💪😘😘

MrsG2013

#86 Post by MrsG2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:07 am

Hi smithk11! Good luck today, I really hope it goes well and you can get back on treatment again. It’s such a long process.....I have everything crossed for you 🤞 xx

Jay it’s my first FET too so new to the side effects. Nurse told me last week that I would feel sick, tired, sore boobs etc. I haven’t got EWCM, but it’s more watery than usual, but I have just finished AF so it may be that (again, sorry TMI girls!). How are you feeling on the Progynova? I am taking zumenon, 6mg a day xx

Clairbear how are you getting on with the injections? Hope they are not causing too much discomfort xx

How is everyone else? Xx

I’m ok, sickness comes in waves. Tends to be worse late afternoon/evening. It is what it is, I can deal with it if this works!!

Have a great day all xxx
Much love to all xxx

Rossel

#87 Post by Rossel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Hi ladies, nice to see others in the same boat, sending lots of luck to you all.

So I have a 3 year old daughter Elsie who I am so blessed to have from a fresh cycle in 2015. We only got 3 embryos on that cycle and luckily they were all grade 1 so I had one put back which resulted in my bfp and the other 2 frozen at day 5 blasts. We have started the process again and I have just done 2 weeks of buseralin and started Progynova on Monday 2x2mg a day and I’m supposed to increase to 4 on Saturday and then 6 a few days later.

My problem is that since I started Progynova I have been nauseous, dizzy, bloated and sorry if it’s tmi but terrible diarrhoea aswell. Dr Joy has now said that due to the way I’m reacting Im not allowed to increase and either cancel the cycle and do a non medicated cycle instead or try taking one tablet AM and one PM and see how I get on. I’m still really struggling and determined to carry on but I’m just so worried about how long it’s going to take my lining to thicken if I can’t take the right dose! Has anyone else been through this? Any tips to help with the sickness?

I feel like I need to chat to someone going through the same thing before I take everything out on my other half, I know it’s not his fault but I get so frustrated that I feel like this and he can just carry on as normal... I think the hormones are sending me loopy 😂

MrsG2013

#88 Post by MrsG2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:42 am

Hi Rossel,

Welcome, and sorry you're not feeling too great :(

I am 6 days into 6mg/day zumenon and have similar side effects. My bowels are ok, but i feel really sick and have banging headache and bloatedness. I try and drink as much water as possible (to help with nausea and bloating), and sometime drink ginger tea (nausea) or peppermint tea (bloating). I also try and eat little and often as I have found when I am really hungry, the nausea is worse!! But mine comes on from around 2pm and gets worse throughout the afternoon - I'm assuming its because I am taking more tablets throughout the day. When are you taking your tablets at the moment if Dr Joy has recommended one am and one pm? Do you take them with food?

This is my first FET so I'm sorry if its not much help. When have you got your scan to check lining?

Much love xxx
Much love to all xxx

Rossel

#89 Post by Rossel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks for your reply MrsG2013, it is helpful just to know others feel the same ☺️

I have my scan next Friday at Manchester, I am just praying that only being on 4mg is going to be enough to thicken the lining. I am taking them with food and I tend to feel worse at night, I’m not sure if it is because I’m not moving around so the trapped wind feeling is worse.

When do you have your scan? Are you just having one embryo put back? I didn’t realise the protocol was different with a FET than a fresh cycle, I think I have been a bit overwhelmed by it all and not really took it all in.

Hope you start to feel better soon xxx

MrsG2013

#90 Post by MrsG2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:15 am

I have my scan on 19th and provisional implant date of the 25th if lining is responding well. As its my first FET they are only putting one back in (clinic protocol). I'm at Manchester too (but at St Mary's - not with Care).

Are you going to up your dose on Saturday regardless, or just see how you are? I have eaten chocolate digestives in the evening, that seems to help!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you're not feeling too bad today xxx
Much love to all xxx

Rossel

#91 Post by Rossel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 am

Iv been told I’m not allowed to so I’m a bit unsure what to do! I might just add one more in at lunchtime and see how that makes me feel. I may also see if I can get some anti nausea tablets from the pharmacy today, I feel like I could cope with everything else if I could just stop being dizzy.

How exciting for you, I’m only allowed 1 too as I have naturally conceived twins before they said it would be too risky.... my implant date was supposed to be between 26th and 29th but I’m unsure now.

Maybe I just need to go and get some chocolate digestives and everything will be ok... any excuse for chocolate 😂

MrsG2013

#92 Post by MrsG2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:48 am

Absolutely, chocolate digestives are the cure for everything!!

Or try ginger biscuits - ginger is supposed to help with nausea. My sister used to eat ginger nuts or drink lemon and ginger tea when she was suffering with morning sickness with both of her children and it really helped her. I think you can get ginger tablets from Holland and Barrett too??!!

I really hope it settles soon for you, it would be awful if they had to cancel your cycle :( xxx
Much love to all xxx

Rossel

#93 Post by Rossel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:15 am

I’m going on a mission today to buy anything and everything, I’m determined not to cancel the cycle.

Good luck with your transfer, keep us updated how you get on xx

MrsG2013

#94 Post by MrsG2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks lovely, will do xxx
Much love to all xxx

smithk11

#95 Post by smithk11 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi everyone

Rossel welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having such horrible side effects. My last FET was a couple of years ago but i don't recall having that many side effects. I remember feeling bloated like I was due on and being tearful but I think that was it. But I didn't have to do buserelin first. I just took oestrogen tablets and then progesterone suppositories. Is there not a different brand of drug they could try because maybe it's just that particular drug that isn't suiting you? FETs in general are meant to be much easier on the body so I think you've lucked out with the side effects

Well I had my first consultation yesterday and my baseline scan and everything is ready for me to start my FET. I will be taking oestrogen tablets and then progesterone suppositories. I had my baseline scan in the exact room that I had my scan to confirm I was pregnant with Joe which was very strange! Only thing I have to decide now is whether to start on my next cycle or the cycle after bearing in mind I'm also starting a new job in a few weeks lol! I've decided to just have 1 put back as with joe he was graded a 1:1 expanding blastocyst and one of the ones frozen up is a 1:2 expanding blastocyst so don't want to risk twins!

Hope everyone else is getting on well xx
1st IVF - freeze all due to OHSS
FET 1 - BFN
FET 2 - Chemical pregnancy
Bloods showed APS - started clexane.
2nd IVF - 1 blastocyst transferred - BFP!! DS born 2018
2 frozen embies on ice

MrsG2013

#96 Post by MrsG2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi smithk11, thats great news, I'm really happy for you :)

Starting a new job?! Congratulations! I am not familiar with the terms 1:1/1:2 expanding blastocyst - they don't use that grading at St Mary's xxx
Much love to all xxx

missl

#97 Post by missl » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Welcome rossel😀. Smithk11 that’s great news, we r on the same protocol.i can’t remember having any side effects from my drug on last fet, it was as quite straight forward for me,so I suppose I was lucky, now my pregnancy was a different story lol.x

Clairebear1984

#98 Post by Clairebear1984 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi

Injections are going well thank you, I’m on day 2. How you doing Mrsg?

Welcome Roswell, hope your feeling a bit better.

That’s fantastic Smith11, I bet you are getting excited now.
Hope everyone else is doing well

Xx

Jay_burdy89

#99 Post by Jay_burdy89 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Hi guys,

Scan tomorrow is to check my lining and hopefully it is thickening up to start the progesterone. No set date for ET but hopefully after tomorrow the will be something in place.

Great news Smithk11, do you know when ET will be or is it similar to mine where all dependant on lining etc?

Rossel, sorry to see your side affects are so bad. Mine has only really been a bit of acne, loads of ewcm and feeling like my period is coming. I'm taking 8mg of Prognyova, and I 2 x morning and 3x evening.

Xx

MrsG2013

#100 Post by MrsG2013 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:11 am

Good luck today Jay - let us know how you get on xxx

I'm doing ok thanks Clairebear, glad its Friday! On a half day and off away in the caravan for the weekend for a bit of r&r - just need the weather to pick up a a bit!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xxx
Much love to all xxx