FET June/July

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

MrsG2013

Re: FET June/July

#326 Post by MrsG2013 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Claire I’m so so sorry lovely. Am sending you massive hugs. If you want to talk I’m here for you. Lots of love xxxx
Fresh Cycle Feb 2019 BFN :(
FET June 2019 BFN :(
Much love to all xxx

Clairebear1984

#327 Post by Clairebear1984 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Thanks ladies

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Mrsg, hope your ok, I would god to 2 next time but it’s up to you as high possibility could be twins. I had 2 transferred on this cycle but they were day 3 and poor quality xxxx

Rossel

#328 Post by Rossel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 pm

I’m really sorry Claire, sending you hugs 🤗 it is such an emotional rollercoaster that we are all on. Have you got any frozen? Xx

Clairebear1984

#329 Post by Clairebear1984 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Thank you, no we haven’t got anything. We have had a bit rough time as although this is our 3rd round, this was the 1st transfer. Found the waiting very hard, think I’m going to ask for some counselling.

How are you feeling? Xx

Rossel

#330 Post by Rossel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Oh I remember now, you have had such a long journey haven’t you. I would 100% ask for counselling. I had it after I had 2 natural miscarriages and I was really struggling, it was the best thing I did. Hope it helps you too xx

I’m ok, just struggling with these last few days and the fact that I don’t feel anything. I’m terrified of af starting out of the blue but I’m also terrified of testing early. I suppose time will tell xx

Clairebear1984

#331 Post by Clairebear1984 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Yeah I difantly think I will. I’m surpose to be going Thorpe park tomorrow with hubby and his kids, not sure what to do as not a good idea to be at home on my own as I just cry all day and cannot cancel cause the kids.

Remind me when your test day is? I’m sure it be fine lots of women get no symptoms so take that as a good sign. I have everything crossed for you. Xxx

smithk11

#332 Post by smithk11 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Think my post got lost....

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but been busy settling into a new job!

MrsG in your situation I would probably have 2 put back but maybe talk to the consultant. Has anyone mentioned any tests to you? I had 2 unsuccessful attempts and because I was only 32 at the time the consultant said that was either really bad luck or something underlying so I had some bloods done and it showed lupus anticoagulant. The next cycle I took clexane and it worked so that could be another thing to consider. If you do decide to go again next month I'll be able to keep you company as that'll be when I start x

Clairebear so sorry to hear you've got AF. It's such a horrible journey isn't it. Still take the test tomorrow just to be sure. Do you have any others frozen up? Make sure you look after yourself and take time to grieve xx

Rossell good luck for testing at the weekend. Try to stay positive. I had really veiny boobs in the 2ww with my successful pregnancy and then they just went completely back to normal and I freaked at that but it was all ok xx

Jay and Lyd not long until your scans now! It's so hard this waiting all the time and symptom watching. Try not to worry about the symptoms (easier said than done!) But when I was pregnant I had horrendous morning sickness from the start and then at 8 weeks it suddenly disappeared. I googled it and of course totally panicked as thought baby had died so booked a private scan and he was still there happy as larry. I think pregnancy is just crazy and designed to cause you 9 months of worry!!
1st IVF - freeze all due to OHSS
FET 1 - BFN
FET 2 - Chemical pregnancy
Bloods showed APS - started clexane.
2nd IVF - 1 blastocyst transferred - BFP!! DS born 2018
2 frozen embies on ice

Rossel

#333 Post by Rossel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Thankyou SmithK ☺️

Claire I would go, it might be just what you need to have a bit of fun and take your mind of everything. My test date is Monday but I might do it one saturday/Sunday as I’m off work. Iv arranged to go to my mum and dads holiday home on the Sunday for the day so either way I will be busy with the family xx

Clairebear1984

#334 Post by Clairebear1984 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:42 am

Just to let you know as suspected was BFN xxx

MrsG2013

#335 Post by MrsG2013 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 am

Claire I’m so so sorry 😢 I want to give you a big hug. Sending lots for you. Definitely go out today, don’t stay on your own. It might be the best thing to go out and have some fun. Here for you lovely xxx
Much love to all xxx

Clairebear1984

#336 Post by Clairebear1984 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:15 am

It’s rubbish isn’t it.

Thanks hun, will ring the clinic today. Hope your doing ok and sending lots of love to you.

😘😘😘

Jay_burdy89

#337 Post by Jay_burdy89 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:25 am

Oh Claire, Im so sorry 😢 big hugs. I would go to the theme park and try to enjoy yourself. I've said to my partner if this doesn't work I'm going for counselling because I don't know how I can cope with another fail. It sounds a bit dramatic but I think I would really hit a wall knowing this is our last chance and we won't be able to afford another go for a long time xx

Clairebear1984

#338 Post by Clairebear1984 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:33 am

Thank you.

Yes that’s the thing getting through it all, the support on here is amazing but it’s just heartbreaking and sometimes professional help is what you need. We are also paying and didn’t sign up to access as we thought it would only need a couple of cycles so we will have to save up. So much pressure.

Wishing you the best of luck for your journey. When is your OTD? Xxx

MrsG2013

#339 Post by MrsG2013 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 am

I would definitely recommend going for counselling of it is offered to you. I was really dubious as I have never done anything like that before and am not very good at talking, but I went after our first failure in Feb and she was amazing. It was amazing how she went though things with me and helped me think about it in different ways. Also being told that feeling like this is NORMAL!! And that we are allowed to be sad and grieve. It’s amazing how many comments I have had from people who think they are being kind but don’t realise how hurtful some things are. My favourite this week has been “Oh well, don’t beat yourself up about it Mel, you’ve got loads more tries!”.......what?!

We need to be kind to ourselves so if it will help you, definitely go. I am considering going again before we decide what to do next.

Thanks for al of the advice re putting 2 embies in, I think I am leaning towards that decision now xxx
Much love to all xxx

Clairebear1984

#340 Post by Clairebear1984 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:15 am

Some people just do not have a clue do they. Thank you for the advice I certainly will be asking for the counselling and I also think in the next 2ww I will make sure I rest a lot more I was like a mad women this time.

I hope you have a nice day If you need to chat or anything I’m here, I have FB now so feel free to look me up I’d you want to chat. Claire Marston

Take care xxxxx

Lyd

#341 Post by Lyd » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:54 am

Morning Ladies.

Sorry to hear the confirmation Claire. Life properly sucks ass sometimes doesn't it.

I went for the coucelling session at Care half way through my treatment as I was really struggling with the positivity and the worry of another miscarriage. They were brilliant and really really helpeful - I definitely recommend going for it.

I hope you all have a nice weekend and keep yourselves occupied as best you can. xxx

smithk11

#342 Post by smithk11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:39 am

Morning everyone

Really sorry if I've said anything to offend anyone

I definitely agree counselling is a good idea. People don't understand how devastating it is and that it is a bereavement of sorts and a loss of hopes and dreams for the future. It also makes you so anxious for the future and any future pregnancies because you are constantly worrying about what could happen. It's such a traumatic process. All the pessaries, scan, injections and then it's all for nothing when it fails :cry:

Stay strong everyone and I'm here for you all xx
FET 1 - BFN
2 frozen embies on ice

MrsG2013

#343 Post by MrsG2013 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 pm

Smithk11 I don’t think you have offended anyone here!!! You certainly haven’t offended me anyway! You have been wonderful and supportive to everyone, no matter their outcome so I wouldn’t worry. You know what this process is like and what we are all going through xxx

The person who made that comment to me was an old family friend. She probably thought she was being supportive and trying to say the right thing to make me feel better.

Lots of love ladies, hope you have a great weekend xxx
Much love to all xxx

smithk11

#344 Post by smithk11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi MrsG glad to hear I haven't upset anyone! Yes definitely know how you're feeling. I remember my 2nd attempt was a CP and I lost it on the day of my parents renewal of vows ceremony. I remember standing in the Church with everyone there biting my lip trying not to try because it was my parents happy day! It certainly takes its toll and tbh makes me wonder if I want to start going through all that again! Xx
FET 1 - BFN
2 frozen embies on ice

Mommyhopes

#345 Post by Mommyhopes » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi every1 am new to this thread hav been on this forum since feb 2019 had a failed fresh cycle , now have got myself together and ready to try Again have got a frozen blasto hope all goes well jus wanted to knw what would be the rough cost for FET ?, mine was IVF with icsi, if any1 could share there thots that wid be grt . Thanks

MrsG2013

#346 Post by MrsG2013 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi mommyhopes,
How are you today? I also had a failed IVF/ICSI cycle in February and now a failed FET. I’m afraid I am on the NHS this time so I can’t help with the cost side of it, but I didn’t want to just read and run. Glad you feel up to another round, it’s a hard journey. Lots of love XX
Much love to all xxx

smithk11

#347 Post by smithk11 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi mommyhopes
Welcome to the forum! Cost is very variable depending on medication needed and any extras e.g. endometrial scratch, blood tests. But for the me the basic FET was £1800 and then the drugs will probably be around £300 but I have to have clexane which makes it more expensive. Have you just go the one blasto frozen up?
FET 1 - BFN
2 frozen embies on ice

smithk11

#348 Post by smithk11 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Rossel have you tested yet? Good luck,keeping everything crossed for you xx
FET 1 - BFN
2 frozen embies on ice

Rossel

#349 Post by Rossel » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi everyone,
Claire - im really sorry how everything turned out, hope you decided to go out and have some fun

Mommyhopes, welcome ☺️ I have just had a FET and mine was £1800 plus the drugs and the consultation and scan fee I think in total we have probably paid out about £2400.

SmithK - I certainly don’t think you have offended anyone either, we are all in the same boat here ☺️ No Iv still not tested... I’m too scared! No other signs and no af as yet. I think we are going to do it in im morning and then take Elsie out for the day to keep busy. I will keep you all posted 🤞😘 xx

Mommyhopes

#350 Post by Mommyhopes » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi every1,
MrsG ya i remember we were in the same cycle in feb , yes its a very tough journey thats drains us physically and emotionally..I wish u all d best .
Smithk11 -yup we jus have single one left frm the last so am pretty scared 😟..thank u fr lettin me knw abt the costs . Wish u all d best again
Rossell -thank you so much fr lettin me knw the costs , gives us an idea , all d best to u too fr the test ,hope u have a BFP!!!