April/May 2018 cycle buddies

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

Moosestar

Re: April/May 2018 cycle buddies

#1301 Post by Moosestar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:32 pm

So lovely to hear from Lisa Maria and Zacharysmum! Thankyou both for you kind words, we are still in disbelief, but unbelievably happy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Lisa Maria, I feel like we are on one of those TV shows - โ€˜One year on..โ€™ ๐Ÿ˜Š I love that Theoโ€™s favorite word is โ€˜dogโ€™! Sounds like youโ€™ll be getting a puppy very soon! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ฑ It sounds like you have the perfect 1st birthday party planned! Iโ€™m sure Christmas will be special this year too ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ’•

Zacharysmum, really good to hear from you! Glad all is well. All these parties, your boys are going to grow up little socialites! ๐Ÿ’•

Char, I hope youโ€™re getting on OK?๐Ÿ’•

Jade, would love to hear an update, I think you must be due to have, or have had your scan ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•

Iโ€™m now 11+4 and I got to announce to my sister and BIL this last weekend at my sisterโ€™s 40th. It was a really big party and the expectation was to drink, as it was a cocktail party after all! Therefore, announcing to them could not wait until Christmas! I decided to announce by giving them a Christmas gift box with gingerbread men - one labeled with OHโ€™s name, one with mine and one tiny gingerbread man with โ€˜This one is arriving June 2020โ€™...they were over the moon - tears of joy- as they really have lived this journey with us. I know itโ€™s a bit early to announce, but it really was special.
๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
Me 42, DOR, blocked tube, thyroid antibodies. DP 36, TTC since 2014-15.
6 failed OE IVF cycles between 04/2017 And 04/2019
10/2019 DE IVF 1; 2ww ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Luckybabe37

#1302 Post by Luckybabe37 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Thatโ€™s lovely moonstar what day is ur scan? Mine is this Friday. Are u feeling any flutters or anything? X

Moosestar

#1303 Post by Moosestar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Hey Luckybabe, I have my dating and NT scan on 16 Dec - next Monday! So Iโ€™ll be 12+4 by then. What about you? Not feeling anything other than some nausea! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคข I think weโ€™ll have to wait another few weeks to feel the flutters? I do feel like I need to get some maternity bras though!
๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Luckybabe37

#1304 Post by Luckybabe37 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:14 pm

My scan this Friday I will be 12 weeks 2 days lol i am feeling flutters and odd werid things now and then this is my 2nd pregnancy so apparently can feel them earlier I thought was goin out my mind but my Partner put is hand on my belly pressed in a little and cud feel baby himself I know weโ€™re baby is sat cos got a heartbeat monitor thing as well lol so check heartbeat each day itโ€™s well worth the money too. I feel sick now and then my boobs not too bad at min on and off 12 week wed x

CharB

#1305 Post by CharB » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi all,

Sorry, I haven't been ignoring you, I haven't had any notifications so i didn't know that there had been an replies.

We have our review with Dr Francis on 16th January, it will be interesting to see what he says. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling again.

Glad things are going well for you ladies, Jade hope you are ok?
Cycle 1 - EC - 6 eggs. 5 fertilised - 1 blastocyst
Cycle 2 - EC - 13 eggs, 7 fertilised - 2 blastocysts
Cycle 3 - FET - unable to transfer :(
Cycle 4 - FET - BFP 08/10/19 ๐Ÿ‘ผ 17/10/19 :cry:

Creativemjg

#1306 Post by Creativemjg » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:55 am

Such an exciting time when the scans start and you get to those 12 week milestones! I am peeping every now and then and look forward to reading more lovely news in the new year!

Char like zm said it is so hard to read others news when they are positively moving forwards with their bumps but do know just not to give up hope. Albert was our third attempt after one horrific blighted ovum journey followed by a chemical, I had actually lost all hope as he was blast 4/5 of 8 so not deemed as good quality. But hey here he is... never give up, know you are doing everything and that is enough. Sending love and magic for 2020 xxx
Me 40 DH 44 - unexplained infertility
Fresh cycle Oct 2017, BFP blighted ovum (8 5-day blasts)
FET - May 2018, BFP chemical
FET - Aug 2018, BFP Due May 2019

CharB

#1307 Post by CharB » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Thanks Creative, I really appreciate your kind words.

We are NHS funded so we are limited with how many attempts we can have. Think we can have 2 more bit will check with Dr Francis next month.

I saw a nice verse on Facebook last night called My Star in Heaven. I balled my eyes out when I read it. I haven't cried for a while but that really got me.

Hope Albert is doing well?

Moosestar

#1308 Post by Moosestar » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi ladies,

Creative, itโ€™s good to hear from you ๐Ÿ˜ Are you all ready for Christmas? ๐Ÿ’ž

Char, sounds like your starting to be able to look forward a little bit, even if there are things that upset you. If you still have 2 more cycles, thatโ€™s amazing! I donโ€™t expect youโ€™ll need to, but Iโ€™m guessing there in no way you can carry on out of pocket? We begged and borrowed to afford our 7 cycles. Keeping everything crossed for your next cycles ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•

Iโ€™ve just had my next scan, yesterday at 12+4. All was well, and it really was amazing to see baby looking so much more baby-like! I have to go back tomorrow though, as they couldnโ€™t get the NT measurement, as baby wouldnโ€™t stay in position. Iโ€™m not complaining, itโ€™s great to have another look at baby so soon! ๐Ÿ˜

Jade and Lisa Maria ๐Ÿ’•

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to Christmas ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ‰
๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

CharB

#1309 Post by CharB » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi Moosestar,

Glad everything is ok and now you get a bonus scan tomorrow :D

There would be no way we could continue, with me only working an hour or two here and there we are already struggling a lot and hubby's parents already help us out.

We'll just have to see how things go. As you say 1 or 2 more attempts might be enough. If not there is always adoption.

Jade_L

#1310 Post by Jade_L » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:48 am

Hi lovely ladies!

So sorry I dropped off the face of the earth. Between working, decorating and Christmas prep I've barely found the time for anything else.

Pleased to report all is well here, thanks for asking after me. We finally got our scan last Friday at 13 weeks. Both babies have strong heartbeats, and appear healthy and a good size. It's was the most magical moment having that scan, they're so much more baby like now. 'Twin 1' on the bottom bunk was probably fast asleep and didn't move a muscle, and 'Twin 2' on the top bunk was having the best time doing somersaults for us, got some great scan photos.

We'd already told those closest to us as we had been open about our IVF, but we've started to tell a few more people now. I'm most looking forward to telling my grandparents on boxing day via a christmas cracker - cheesy I know.

Feeling really good. Other than the occasional bout now and then my nausea pretty much dissapered at 9 weeks and I've only actually been sick three times (all of which took me by surprise). Appetite is coming back, I went through a stage of struggling to eat at night and was completely off all meat. I could only really face mashed potato, bread and pasta, which has only made my constipation worse, in fact I've really been struggling with constipation since the start of our IVF cycle with little improvement - sorry tmi. The tiredness/exhaustion seems to hit me every couple of days but I'm pushing through it. I have bad coccyx pain again today especially when I walk (can't believe how many changes your body goes through in pregnancy).

Moosestar & Lucky how you been feeling?

I've been in maternity jeans for 2 weeks already (so comfy, not sure I'll ever want to go back to normal jeans). I doubt I'll be able to hide my bump for much longer it's well on its way.

I have our next midwife appointment mid Jan, we meet our consultant at the end of Jan and then our next scan is the 6th Feb, I'll be 20week+6. It's going SO fast!

Lovely to read everyones updates, glad you're all doing well and I hope you're looking forward to the festive season. Char, it sounds like you're making real progress, I will be keeping everything crossed for your next attempt and I hope you get a couple more goes on the NHS.

X
Age 29, the dreaded 'unexplained' fertility, ttc for 5 years
05/2018 Cycle 1 - ICSI - 10 eggs, 7 fertilised, 1 blastocyst - BFN
08/2019 Cycle 2 - ICSI - 11 eggs, 2 fertilised - 2 blastocysts - BFP!!!!!!! :D

Luckybabe37

#1311 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:23 pm

Aww jade thatโ€™s brillant to hear love good news wen I wake up feeling rough lol am pretty same to u jade only live on mash potatoes pasta and bread lol off all meat too and also struggling with the toilet ha ha. I also get the pain wen I walk and am only carrying one lol. Had my 12 week scan baby is 2 days ahead so my due date has changed now but all is well apart from high blood pressure now and then. Am 14 weeks Monday have my midwife on 30th dec dose anyone know what they do at this appointment? I have a little bump on itโ€™s way boobs are killing and leg cramps are the worse at nite so hardly sleeping! Are u finding out what ur haveing jade? X

CharB

#1312 Post by CharB » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi all,

Jade, glad all is well and really pleased that your scan went so well. Love the cracker idea! Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Lucky glad you are doing well too.

Try and stay off the carbs if you can particularly mash as it does thicken stool, so won't help the constipation.

Have you both finished the meds now?

Looking forward to Christmas though I feel a bit bitter sweet about it at times, as we should be in the same position and making the announcement on Christmas Day.

Glad we decided to try eating out this year as our oven packed up yesterday so wouldn't be able to cook Christmas Dinner ๐Ÿ™„. Now a wheel has broken off our hoover. The lovely Gtech are sorting the parts and I can still use it so not much of a problem. But annoying nevertheless. Can't help but wonder (dread) what the 3rd thing will be ๐Ÿ˜–. Will keep you posted!

Luckybabe37

#1313 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Aww char ur due some good luck and ur time will come trust me itโ€™s took us 10 years. 17 years if include past before currant partner. I stopped the meds on 11th dec feels great not to be on them no more especially the pas series horrible things they was. Christmas goin to be a quite one for us just mum dad over Xmas eve for snacks and alcohol am on the cola and raspberry carton drinks lol buzzing! My 18 year son and mate on the bud while mummy on pop itโ€™s goin to be a great time lol . Good luck char in future with whatever ur plans are xx

CharB

#1314 Post by CharB » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Thank you Lucky.

We will be trying again in the new year.

I'll be on glitter berry j2os and sparkling non alcoholic wine!

Luckybabe37

#1315 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Aww thatโ€™s good to hear ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž xx I will be trying again but not for like 2 years after this one need a break from all this now xx

CharB

#1316 Post by CharB » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:41 pm

I'm not surprised Lucky it's not easy. Plus your body will need a break ๐Ÿ˜Š

Moosestar

#1317 Post by Moosestar » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:33 pm

A sudden rush of action! Really good to hear from you all ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Š

Jade itโ€™s wonderful to hear that all is going well with you and both babies ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜ My experience has been pretty similar to you, nausea lessened by week 11 and all I want to eat, even now, is carbs ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I was already veggie, but I did eat fish occasionally, really not interested in it now! I love the cracker idea too - We are doing something similar with our families, with gingerbread men, as we wonโ€™t see them in person.

Weโ€™re all so close together time wise!

Luckybabe, glad all was well with your scan too, it sounds like youโ€™ve been on quite a journey to get to this point. Totally wishing you all the best with this pregnancy. I will also be 14 weeks on Monday!

Char, sorry to hear that youโ€™ve had some challenges, but eating Christmas dinner out is really fun - and whatโ€™s even better is there is no washing up! I hope 2020 brings you some much due luck and success ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ€

I had my second scan and they managed to get the NT reading, which was thin and the nose bone was present. Just got to wait for the blood results to confirm high or low risk - but looking good so far ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™ The scan is so amazing, even saw the chambers of the heart and the bladder filling up, I just had no idea we would see that level of detail. I also measured a few days ahead, so my due date has moved to 22 June. We also saw some โ€˜dangly bitsโ€™, so early indications are weโ€™re having a boy! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ’™

Have a fabulous Christmas everyone ๐ŸŽ„
๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Jade_L

#1318 Post by Jade_L » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Char B I can imagine how bittersweet it feels. I always found this time of year particularly hard when it came to infertility, it's all about kids and that can be difficult when your in our position. We spent 5 years saying 'next Christmas will be different' and before we knew it Christmas had come back round and we were still in the same boat. Feeling very fortunate that next Christmas will finally be everything we've ever dreamed of.
Are you deliberatly staying off the alcohol over Xmas in preparation for the next round, or are you just not much of a drinker?

Lucky, I've barely had any back pain yet although I had an uncomfortable night last night. Saying that I was actually off work last Monday because my back was unbearable. I thought I'd got the onset of kidney stones again as I've had them twice before and always this time of year and the pain was very similar but luckily after 2 days of resting I felt fine. I get lots of little stabbing pains very low down, particularly if I bend a lot. My body definitely reminds me to slow down!

Hubby would like to find out the twins sex, but I don't and luckily he's ok with that (for now). Figured we've waited 5 years for this, what's another 5/6months now to find out who they are, I love a surprise. How about you and moosestar?
Although I always said I wanted three children, I feel extremely blessed and content that we've finally fallen and with two, so I can't see that we will want to try again.
To be honest, hubbys words were 'when they're here I'm getting my d**k chopped off!' not entirely sure he understands how anatomy works haha, very drastic. He only ever wanted two, and I most certainly will not be putting myself through the emotional, physical and financial toll of IVF again.

Moosestar, glad to hear all was well at your scan, we too were surprised by the level of detail at the 12 week scan. Also waiting for the blood results for low or high risk, we were told we'd get a phone call within 4 days if high so looking good as we've not heard anything.
My due date never changed at the dating scan, they told me they don't change it if it's IVF because it's usually so accurate. I'm 14 weeks today and due date is 19th June (this was actually my mum's due date with me, how's that for fate). That being said they won't let me go full term so likely to be early June.

We're at the in-laws Christmas day and then we have round 2 with my family on boxing day so luckily I don't have to cook, which is a good job because I suck at it, and like you Char our cooker has also been broken! We have finally had it fixed now.

I took annual leave today, was planning to have a clear out and move all my clothes back into our newly decorated bedroom, but instead I've been out for lunch and then napped for 3 hours, I'm exhausted today. We did also pop to my husband's grandparents to tell them our news as they're away for Christmas, I get so nervous telling people in person.
Last edited by Jade_L on Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Age 29, the dreaded 'unexplained' fertility, ttc for 5 years
05/2018 Cycle 1 - ICSI - 10 eggs, 7 fertilised, 1 blastocyst - BFN
08/2019 Cycle 2 - ICSI - 11 eggs, 2 fertilised - 2 blastocysts - BFP!!!!!!! :D

Luckybabe37

#1319 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Aww moonstar that what happened to me I was due 24th but my scan baby was too days ahead so my date is now 22nd lol x

Luckybabe37

#1320 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Didnโ€™t think cud see anything so early especially dangly bits lol did they tell u owt at scan about it bein a boy x

Moosestar

#1321 Post by Moosestar » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Luckybabe, yes, I asked the sonographer when we would find out the sex and she said not until 20 weeks - which seems ages away! So, she said I can usually give you my opinion- so we went to that region...and it was very clear! Dangly bits! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ Her exact words were โ€œif thatโ€™s a girl, Iโ€™d be worried!โ€. I think she only looked, because we both said we wanted to know ๐Ÿ˜Š

Are you going to find out?

Jade, youโ€™ll have the best surprise if youโ€™re waiting! Glad to hear your it sounds like youโ€™re low risk ๐Ÿ’• Did they do the NT measurement for you too?
๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Luckybabe37

#1322 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Aww so a little boy sooo Cute yeah am finding out on the 7th jan I canโ€™t wait am hopein for a girl xx but u canโ€™t take that answer for deffo can u? What if u start buying things for boy and find out 20 weeks itโ€™s girl lol Ano that has happened to few people x

Luckybabe37

#1323 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:41 pm

Didnโ€™t find much out at my scan only what baby measured thatโ€™s it did t hear no heartbeat or anything. Baby was havein rite wiggle thou so am saying she a girl lol x

CharB

#1324 Post by CharB » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Jade, we started trying just over 5 years ago as well. Every Christmas I would say to hubby hopefully this is your last Christmas with just the two of us. But gave up with that.

I can't drink due to the anti-depressants I'm on. Alcohol can stop them working apparently. Don't know if it would it not, but the risk isn't worth it to me. I haven't had a drink for ages now so I'm used to it.

So glad you are all doing so well. I hope I join you soon ๐Ÿคž

Moosestar

#1325 Post by Moosestar » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:16 pm

Oh, Char, I so hope you can join us soon too ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

All of us here have been on our own journey to get to this point, all we can do is support each other in the good times and hard times ๐Ÿ’•

Iโ€™ve found a really nice alcohol free Prosecco, if you like it? Itโ€™s called Eisberg I think.

Big hugs
๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–