June/July Cycle Buddies

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

ZoeS

Re: June/July Cycle Buddies

#26 Post by ZoeS » Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Hopeful - It got to 7.1mm then my consultant said he remeasured the scan picture and put it at 8.3mm before transfer...I am not sure how much I will be on, protocol has been done but waiting for it to be uploaded for me to view, all I know is I will be adding in vaginal progynova too. I am willing to try anything though to help! Last time I did 3 days of 2mg x 2, then upped to 2mg x2 twice a day and finally 3 times a day. I assume that might be the same and I'll just be sticking an extra one up my who-ha!

Pizza girl- I am doing both pessaries and intramuscular injections!! Hubby does the injection for me, I don't dare 🙈

I started slimming world again on Monday and already down 5 lbs, feeling healthy and very optimistic!
Carrier of X-linked genetic condition
Me 29 Husband 33
ICSI PGD #1 April/May15 - BFP - Early miscarriage - No healthy frosties
ICSI PGD # 2 Aug15 - BFP - Due May16
FET #1 April 20 - Chemical - 2 frosties left
FET #2 - June 20?

Ire1

#27 Post by Ire1 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:58 pm

ZoeS - I am trying to loose a bit of weight before I start and just recently joined slimming world as well!!

I got a update and my referral is still on the nhs side but we are on her workload to be completed :!: .... Does anyone know how long it roughly takes from referral To funding to starting etc? Xx

annabelle25

#28 Post by annabelle25 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like everyone is getting stuck in - We will be seeing Dr Francis, but I originally had Dr Krishna when we had our little girl back in 2016 - she was so kind and really good throughout the entire process, especially after our first failed transfer and then I had quite a few bleeds with my FET which led to our daughter.
I'm a bit worried about my weight as I am heavier than the last go and we're starting from scratch as we do not have any embryos left. Fingers crossed for next week. Looking forward to getting started as soon as we can :)

Definitely need motivation with the weight loss - slimming world was amazing when we first did it all - I lost nearly 4 stone, unfortunately it all went back on with some extra after I had my daughter and I'm struggling to loose any now so I really hope it doesn't stop us. Well done Zoes - amazing effort!

Ire1 - I think it depends on you CCG - I had massive fights to push ours through - Tamworth which is where we were didn't need any checks on me as the problem is male factor and we have to use a donor. Unfortunately, the NHS made me have the xray where they inject the dye to check my tubes and a few appointments before they would refer. But that was my doctors - I think it depends on your local CCG - Fingers crossed they get it sorted soon. I had an amazing lady at the clinic who was pushing for the funding for us, and she really helped get it through quickly.

SLA - good luck - you'll be fine with it, they're not nice but remember why you're doing it :) Remember to stay nice and hydrated on the buserlin to prevent headaches - but I never found it too bad.

pizzagirl - good luck, exciting to have a date to work towards :)

Hopeful - so sorry to hear about the miscarriage, sucha cruel journey. Got everything crossed for you.

Fideeks - we're thinking about the 2 cycle one, I'm hoping we only need 1 cycle but if we did get pregnant it would feel like we'd hit the jackpot any way.

ZoeS - definitely hope we can give them siblings. It's all I've wanted to do for her so she has someone to share her origins with.

xx

Fideeks

#29 Post by Fideeks » Fri May 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Happy Friday evening everyone!

Sorry for the lack of contact, crazy week working and parenting 🤪.

I think AF will be here soon, if my mood is anything to go by!

I hope you are all well and not going to crazy in this state of limbo

Mynana

#30 Post by Mynana » Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi ladies...
can I please join in? I am with care London. Did a fresh cycle in December and had to stop after egg collection to deal with hydrosalpinx which ended in a surgery.

Well that is out of the way now. Was supposed to start in April. Thank God the clinics are opened. AF was supposed to come on Sunday but for once it came 2!! Days earlier. I’ll start estrogen pills tomorrow and will have my first scan on the 01/06. Hoping for a transfer By 9/06.

Good luck and all the best.

Fideeks

#31 Post by Fideeks » Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 am

Hi mynana,

Sorry to hear about the complications you have been through. It sounds very much like we are on the same short protocol and congratulations.... looks like you are going to be our first transfer! I’ll be a few days behind you 😊

Hopeful10

#32 Post by Hopeful10 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:10 pm

Pizzagirl – Not sure if the yoga helped but certainly not the worst of things to give a try. I tended to do one of two YouTube videos by YogaYin. It’s not IVF specific so there might be others you prefer but it was basically about getting blood flowing to the uterus. It encourages lying on the floor with your legs up the wall. I’ve definitely faced bigger challenges with IVF. Thanks for your kindness and wishes x

ZoeS – Mine kept getting to 6.8mm then stopping so I had several cycles cancelled, investigations and extra meds. For whatever reason my lining then got to 7.9mm for my last transfer. If yours got to 8.3mm that’s not a problem. Last time I was oral progynova 2 x once a day (days 1-5), 2 x twice a day (days 6-9) then 2 x three times a day. I was also on vaginal progynova twice a day and patches as well! When I get to transfer, I’ll need to take progesterone injections (either intra-muscular or sub-cutaneous) which I can’t say I’m looking forward to. I’m a real wimp and completely reliant on hubby to do the injections as there is no way I could do them myself. If that’s how much I’d loose I need to join Slimming World – well done!

Ire1 – Another Slimming Worlder! Hoping your treatment can start soon. We were referred about 2 years ago but I think my first appointment was 6-8 weeks after referral. We started treatment about 3 months later but we needed to wait for our PGD test to be made.

Anabelle25 – Hope your appointment goes well next week. That was an amazing weight loss Anabelle! Thanks for your wishes x

Fideeks – Hope your period is here too. My mood was all over before my last period. I must say I did feel sorry for hubby and all I could think is that that was with no drugs!

Mynana – Welcome! It’s exciting that you can get started today and shouldn’t be long until your transfer.

Daisy2206

#33 Post by Daisy2206 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 am

Tentatively joining you all. Due to start FET cycle on 31st following a failed FET in Feb. Not sure quite how I feel about it in the circumstances but know I have to try for my little no. 1 who just turned 2.
Febs cycle resulted in a BFP which never became darker than a pale line then period came. I think that’s what you call a chemical pregnancy. Probably due to chromosomes despite grading of the embryo being very good.
Fortunately still have frozen embryos being taken care of 💓
We shall see!
Thankful to be able to join you all

ZoeS

#34 Post by ZoeS » Sun May 24, 2020 9:46 am

Welcome Daisy! I have just had a chemical also following an FET. I have nothing but positivity fornus this time round. Are you doing a medicated cycle? I am waiting for AF due 30th to begin BCP for my FET.

Hopeful, I hope the vaginal tablets do the trick for me too! I never had an issue with lining before but my previous cycles were fresh not frozen. I am with you on the injections, I can't do them myself no matter how much I psych myself up, I just can't do it! Also do recommend slimming world, it is SO easy to follow and isn't a diet really it is just reminding you to make health decisions but also room to enjoy little treats.

Mynana welcome!! How exciting for you, first transfer of the group. I hope all goes well and on track for you!

Fideeks not long to go for you either!!

Annabelle I also have Dr Francis, he is lovely and does seem like he knows what he's on about (obviously) haha but I mean he seems to be knowledgable and check for any other issues I previously hadn't had looked at.

Ire - Yay to slimming world! We can do it!

AFM - I had an awful mood yesterday and such a migraine. I have also had a breakout. I don't know if that means AF is imminent as I haven't been off the pill for years so no idea what my luteal phase length is. I went on an average 14 day to be due on 30th but I guess it could be anywhere from 10 days.
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Mynana

#35 Post by Mynana » Sun May 24, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi guys!!! I feel like I have to make a good leader as I’ll hopefully be the first to have a transfer. Keeping everything crossed at the moment.

Started estrogen pills 2mg 3 times a day on Saturday and I don’t even know what to expect. Any advice??

Hoping to be in track on the scan appointment. I work with NHS so I’m fairly busy and won’t have time to stress about this(hopefully 😩😩).

I know God will answer our prayers. And He knows how much we have been preparing and praying for a miracle.

Daisy2206

#36 Post by Daisy2206 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:40 pm

Sorry to hear that Zoe, brilliant to have a positive mind about going forward😃 I’ll be on short protocol, starting around the same time as you 30th. Migraine sounds suspect of imminent AF tho, hope you feel better soon.

Mynana do you mean what to expect of the oestrogen tablets? If so, they should make you feel at your most loving and kind😅 Quite the opposite to buserelin in my experience! I didn’t have any negative side effects from them at all. Wishing you the very best 🙏🏻

Mynana

#37 Post by Mynana » Sun May 24, 2020 6:52 pm

@Daisy2206 feeling loving and kind will definitely be the best to hope for😄😄.

Daisy2206

#38 Post by Daisy2206 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:50 am

So how are you feeling Mynana after starting the medication?

Fideeks, Zoe did you make a start on 24th?
Zoe 3 hours for appointments eurgh! Is there nowhere nearer that you can get scans and then they send the report through for your consultant? At least the roads are nice and clear at the moment, which makes driving a much more pleasant experience 😊

Annabelle, is this a full cycle you’ll be starting or a FET. Can totally understand you following your consultant. Trust is so important in this, especially in these times.

Ire1 hope you get your appointments through very soon and the wait time is bearable for you. You can get all the inside info following each of the ladies here. I watched a lot of YouTube videos when preparing for the initial Cycle, it was really useful both on a practical and an emotional level😍

Hopeful10 we meet again, my last FET was jan/Feb too. Onward and upward. Made me wonder whether to do PGD before proceeding but since they’re all frozen already the consultant suggested not to. As for losing weight during this lockdown...I’m sure a side effect of this pandemic is that clothes shrink in the wardrobe 🤣

SLA how are you feeling on the buserelin? Side effects on that one weren’t too nice but as soon as you start the stimulation meds, they’ll reduce💓 Also at Northampton here!

Pizzagirl 🙏🏻this will be the one🥰

ZoeS

#39 Post by ZoeS » Wed May 27, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi ladies...no AF yet 😩 Hopefully in the next day or 2. I got my drugs ordered and have my protocol now. Aspirin has also been added as well as vaginal oestradiol. Anyone know of any success with these changes?

Also think I miscalculated approx transfer...looking like 20th July, 5 days before my 30th!!
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

ZoeS

#40 Post by ZoeS » Wed May 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Scratch that AF just arrived 🤣🤣🤣
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Fideeks

#41 Post by Fideeks » Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Congratulations Zoe 😂

Period arrived Sunday, then stopped... good job as it turns out there is no one you can call at care on a Sunday or bank holiday Monday... which was worrying as my protocol has me commencing prognova from day 1. I assume they would have just started me on day 3- I’ll never know.

After a reappearance today I have spoken to the team and I have a scan on 5th June. (I had a choice of the fri or Monday). So I’m off the starter block!

I hope every one is well and enjoying some sunshine

Jo S

#42 Post by Jo S » Fri May 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi there - similarly starting a FET cycle in a couple of weeks. Quick question - did anyone get to egg collection and have to have a freeze all before the clinics shut?

I am sure at the time Care’s policy was they would do the FET for free and pay half the medication costs. We have a free FET with Access but the medication is being charged at full price.

Has anyone in this position only been charged half the medication costs? I will obviously ask them the question but want to make sure I’m remembering correctly.

Good luck everyone x

ZoeS

#43 Post by ZoeS » Fri May 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Thanks Fideeks! Hope your scan next Friday goes well!

Jo, I remember them stating if they had to cancel transfer they would pay 50% of the medication for FET. Not sure if they have retracted that or what though so definitely ask!

I am SO impatient now but have worked out all going well my test date will be roughly my 30th birthday. Praying I get to celebrate my birthday happy with a BFP and not heartbroken ... 😔🤞
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Daisy2206

#44 Post by Daisy2206 » Sat May 30, 2020 6:26 am

Hello Jo, welcome! Yes I definitely remember seeing that. It doesn’t apply to me but when I had a freeze all for clinical reasons (OHSS) the FET that I should have had was done later for the price already paid. Hope that helps😊

Fideeks will that be your lining scan? Might be similar date here as I also started progynova yesterday.
Zoe are you doing a long protocol? I mean with the buserelin? Hope you’re feeling ok

Enjoy the weekend everyone 😁

ZoeS

#45 Post by ZoeS » Sat May 30, 2020 8:53 am

Hi Daisy, yes long protocol for me unfortunately :( As I did PGD they don't want to risk a natural pregnancy so I have to shut down my ovaries with buserelin. I am on a high dose of estrogen though so hopefully on my first lining scan I will be ready. July transfer for me. Not long for you though, how exciting!! How much progynova are you on? I am being put on 12mg for 10 days....
Me 29 Husband 33
FET #2 - June 20?

Fideeks

#46 Post by Fideeks » Sun May 31, 2020 9:44 am

Daisy2206 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:26 am
Hello Jo, welcome! Yes I definitely remember seeing that. It doesn’t apply to me but when I had a freeze all for clinical reasons (OHSS) the FET that I should have had was done later for the price already paid. Hope that helps😊

Fideeks will that be your lining scan? Might be similar date here as I also started progynova yesterday.
Zoe are you doing a long protocol? I mean with the buserelin? Hope you’re feeling ok

Enjoy the weekend everyone 😁
Hi Daisy, yep lining scan, then should find out transfer date after that, it’s unbelievably quick. I’m happy with that, the sooner I get through these tries and can move on with my life the better- or end up with a baby- either way!

When is your lining is scan?

MaNanna- I hope you are doing well and good luck for your scan tomorrow.

Thinking of everyone and I hope you are keeping well

Daisy2206

#47 Post by Daisy2206 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:01 pm

Zoe - ah I understand. Hope the side effects aren’t troubling you too much. Hot flushes in this weather wouldn’t be fun! I’m on an increasing dose of progynova...day 1-5 1 tab, 6-10 2 tabs etc. When do you get your lining scan?

Fideeks I need to call in on Monday to get my lining scan date. I think it’ll be either Friday or next Monday then like you say ET the week after😳
I understand what you mean about the moving on. I feel similarly. 3 embryos remaining and I feel a duty to try for my LG to have a lifelong friend. After that, no more. Hope it will work out for all of us 🙏🏻

Hopeful10

#48 Post by Hopeful10 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:28 pm

Daisy 2206 – Welcome! It must be hard to cycle following a chemical pregnancy. I can appreciate having mixed feelings following a negative cycle. Hopefully you’ll be successful in getting a sibling for your little one. I’m not sure that we met before as I don’t think I came on here for my last cycle but it feels like a long time ago now so I might be mistaken! Gad you’ve been able to get started on the progynova. How are you feeling now?

ZoeS – I know that my lining was thicker at our last egg collection but as we need PGD we can’t have a fresh transfer. I might consider slimming world in the future following your rave reviews! It is hard when you’ve been on the pill so don’t know what to expect from your body naturally. I also took aspirin with the estrogen. Glad your period got started so that you know where you are. Hoping you’re able to celebrate more than just your birthday x

Mynana – How are you doing after starting the estrogen pills? I work for the NHS too so understand being busy at work!

Fideeks – That’s annoying with your period starting and stopping. Great you could get started and have your scan booked in. I can’t believe how quick short protocol can be when I’ve always been on long protocol which feels like it takes an eternity.

Jo S – Welcome! Hope you were able to get your medication charges sorted out. I wasn’t in your situation.

AFM – Can’t believe that I’m due to start down-reg on buserelin on Tuesday! I challenged myself to do more running in May (which wouldn’t have been hard as I barely did any before!) and managed to do 22 x 30 minute runs over the month. I think I am feeling a bit fitter for it and have lost a bit of weight but would have liked to have lost some more. Need to be more flexible with food and exercise this month to give myself what I need to get through the cycle. Need to find ways of keeping well and calm and focusing on the here and now. Any help much appreciated! x

Ire1

#49 Post by Ire1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:11 pm

Just popping on to say hope you are all okay!! Hopefully soon I’ll be at the same point as some of you :) x

Mynana

#50 Post by Mynana » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi everyone.... hope you had a lovely weekend.

@fideeks- I haven’t had any issues with the estrogen pills apart from the fact that I have either over dosed or under dosed because I just couldn’t remember if I had taken them and it happens especially in the afternoons ☹️.

Anyway I had my scan today and my linning is 11.9mm. So I’ll be expecting a call from the lab on Thursday to let me know how many eggs fertilized.(I am using frozen eggs and sperms) then they will let me know timelines for transfer. Everything is becoming real and moving faster than I imagined.

I will start the progesterone pessary on Wednesday morning too.
Hopefully I’ll get a transfer date before 10/06.