Cycle Buddies August/September 2020

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

PloofHope

Re: Cycle Buddies August/September 2020

#201 Post by PloofHope » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Thanks for your kindness everyone, I have never cried so many tears! I really can't believe we had 5 days of positives and then they started to fade. Genuinely can't get passed it, but I know I will. Sadly that was our only hope - we had no other embryos to freeze so we have to start everything again. I am sitting here with my prescription in my hand to collect more bloody progesterone pessaries tomorrow - joy. All for nothing.

Sorry for being so doom & gloom. I knew it was a small chance with our numbers but in a way getting a positive and losing it feels worse. Will still check in from time to time but definitely need to grieve. Just when I'd allowed to get my hopes up... :( xxx

Tashtash

#202 Post by Tashtash » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 pm

PloofHope wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:43 pm
Thanks for your kindness everyone, I have never cried so many tears! I really can't believe we had 5 days of positives and then they started to fade. Genuinely can't get passed it, but I know I will. Sadly that was our only hope - we had no other embryos to freeze so we have to start everything again. I am sitting here with my prescription in my hand to collect more bloody progesterone pessaries tomorrow - joy. All for nothing.

Sorry for being so doom & gloom. I knew it was a small chance with our numbers but in a way getting a positive and losing it feels worse. Will still check in from time to time but definitely need to grieve. Just when I'd allowed to get my hopes up... :( xxx
Its cruel it really is. Im sorry you don’t have any frosties. Will you be having another go in the future? Give yourself time not sure if you have been through this before or not but you will get there we booked a couple of nights away afterwards and I would say after a couple of weeks we were ready to start again we still had the odd thought about what if etc but you will get them. Do things you enjoy, take some time for yourself and be kind to yourself. Sorry you are going through this its rubbish and yes you can’t get your hopes up at all we have a FET cycle coming up and just can’t get excited at all its crap that we can’t get excited whatsoever. Take care 😊x
1st ICSI cycle June 2020, EC 24.06.20, 9 eggs all mature, 7 fertilised, 3x 5day blastocysts
1x Fresh transfer 29.06.20 and 2x Frosties
12.07.20 BFP 😊 25.07.20 BFN 😢 Chemical Pregnancy
FET - Sept/Oct ??? 🤞🏼

Lworl1509

#203 Post by Lworl1509 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

Ploofhope I am so so sorry. I know there are no words. This really is so cruel. You will get through this and you will get what you deserve, just wish it was this time for you. Take care of yourself and hope you get the answers soon to understand what happened. Thinking of you and sending you lots of love and strength xxx

Lworl1509

#204 Post by Lworl1509 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 pm

Thank you Tashtash ❤️ We are not testing early, maybe the day before to come to terms with the result. I know it’s going to be tough fighting the temptation but reading through here and the confusion and worry seems very stressful, I am anxious enough as it is. I hope you are ok? X

Mrs_C - seems crazy to say I’m PUPO... exciting but frightening all at once. I think the last one wasn’t quite good enough quality just yet, so they are waiting until tomorrow to see if it is by then, and they’ll call us to update us. Yes definitely need to try and think of some good distractions between us!! Have you got anything planned so far? I am excited to be around people who don’t know to be honest because it doesn’t give me a chance to think about it. Here’s wishing you all the luck in the world for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Please let us know how you get on x

katiehx

#205 Post by katiehx » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:36 am

I hope everyone is doing ok, thinking of you all 😊.

As I'm officially obsessed with testing each morning, I tested again with a CB digital (how many weeks) and got 'pregnant 2-3' at 11dpt. Roll on Friday OTD and I can stop being an anxious mess!

Mrs_C

#206 Post by Mrs_C » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:03 am

Lworl1509 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 pm
Thank you Tashtash ❤️ We are not testing early, maybe the day before to come to terms with the result. I know it’s going to be tough fighting the temptation but reading through here and the confusion and worry seems very stressful, I am anxious enough as it is. I hope you are ok? X

Mrs_C - seems crazy to say I’m PUPO... exciting but frightening all at once. I think the last one wasn’t quite good enough quality just yet, so they are waiting until tomorrow to see if it is by then, and they’ll call us to update us. Yes definitely need to try and think of some good distractions between us!! Have you got anything planned so far? I am excited to be around people who don’t know to be honest because it doesn’t give me a chance to think about it. Here’s wishing you all the luck in the world for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Please let us know how you get on x

Thanks Lwori - I will do. Didn’t have the best nights sleep as my daughter woke up at 2am then the house alarm decide to let me know we had a low battery at 3 am 🤦🏼 I don’t have any plans during the 2ww other than work! But it is busy enough that it should keep me distracted during the week. I know what you mean about being around people that don’t know, though sometimes I am desperate to talk to some one which makes me f very grateful for this group.

Katie - that does sound promising, did you do a clear blue Digital one before? X

katiehx

#207 Post by katiehx » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 am

Mrs_C No, I used the CB ultra early ones, the ones that say they can be used 6 days before expected period. It was first time with a digi this morning.

I was up most of the night with period type cramps, on and off. It is the first time I have contemplated paracetamol, I know they're safe to take, but I don't want to really be taking anything if I can help it. I usually have crippling period pains, but the cramps weren't as bad as that. AF would be due tomorrow.

Lworl1509

#208 Post by Lworl1509 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:51 am

Oh no Mrs_C 🤦🏼‍♀️ Had to go off last night!! Definitely thank god for this forum especially because I have no idea what to expect at all through my first cycle, but also for the support 💕 well good luck today. Not long for you lovely. Keep us posted xxx

Oh katiehx - that sounds promising 😁 everything crossed for you. Home stretch now for OTD, not long to go 🙌🏼 What day did you start testing from? X

Has anyone been getting back ache through this process? Over this last week since before/around EC my back has been aching like mad, so I’ve been rolling around in bed all night! Don’t know if it’s just completely unrelated xx

katiehx

#209 Post by katiehx » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:23 am

Lworl1509 I started tested from 8dpt and everyday since. Haha. I'm a really anxious person so I thought I would be better to emotionally prepare for the outcome gradually rather than it all just hitting me on Friday x

Mrs_C

#210 Post by Mrs_C » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:54 am

Lworl1509 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:51 am
No back ache for me. Ironically I struggle with a bad back normally as I’ve got damaged discs in my lower back, but throughout this process it has been ok. I wonder if it could be your kidneys? Are you drinking enough? X

Millie2020

#211 Post by Millie2020 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:29 am

I just wanted to send some love to you all wherever you are ❤️

Mrs_C

#212 Post by Mrs_C » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Hi. I’m back from the clinic and now officially in the 2WW. Feels quite surreal really and I actually think I feel more calm at the moment, mainly because all the process stuff has been dealt with now and all we can do is wait - how hard can that be right????

Of our 6 Embryos, we had 2 transferred - clinic didn’t even challenge this and I assume due to my age (I’m 41) - 1 was to be watched for another day to see if it might be suitable for freezing (find out tomorrow) and the other 3 looked like they wouldn’t be as they were ‘starting to compact’. Not a clue what that means!

Anyway, I’m now trying to switch my attention back to work in hope that the next 2 weeks pass quickly and with a positive result.

Hope everyone is ok x

Lworl1509

#213 Post by Lworl1509 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:15 pm

Yay Mrs_C welcome to the 2ww 🥰 so pleased you were able to make the decision yourself on the number you transferred. Definitely, just need to look after yourself and try and keep positive ❤️ You are officially PUPO 🙌🏼 Really really have everything crossed for you... OTD 28th? I drink soo much so I don’t think my back ache will be that, I’m going to keep an eye on it and mention it to them if it carries on. Hopefully it’ll just go!

Millie2020 how are you coping with the 2ww so far? How are you feeling? 💕

Katiehx - I totally understand that about testing early. It really is personal preference isn’t it. I just feel so frightened about the result I just want to stay in the PUPO bubble forever. Sounds very promising for you 🥰 Have you been having any symptoms? X

katiehx

#214 Post by katiehx » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Lworl1509 I have cramps, they feel the same as my period pains, but less intense (I have bad period pain) and they come and go, it's not constant. I'm getting that 2 - 3 times a day, lasts about 5 mins and then passes. It woke me last night in the early hours. I'm also tired, but that's it really x

Mrs_C

#215 Post by Mrs_C » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi Lwori - yes OTD is 28th. Feels like ages off yet! I am guessing they didn’t see anything during your ET that would explain your back ache? My ovary pain seems to have subsided which I am thrilled about. In fact I think today is the most normal I have felt during the IVF process which is a relief! I still get some cramps when I put the pessaries in but I am thinking this will start to ease off over the next few days now.

X

Charlotte00

#216 Post by Charlotte00 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 pm

Baby2 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:51 am
Charlotte00 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:21 pm
Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me joining. Its taken this long to get set up and approved by CARE webmaster.
We started our first IVF cycle at the end of August after 4 previous miscarriages. I've been following different stories on here and trying to find some comfort as we haven't told anyone about anything really. It's a pretty lonely existence so its been really helpful to hear all your stories and not feel alone in our journey. We had a bit of a shocker to discover at 37 that my AMH was a lot lower than expected but got 4 eggs at EC which was more than expected. We had ICSI and two fertilised and made it to blasto and are currently on ice.
As we have lost babies previously we are having PGS and are now patiently waiting for our results to come back from the lab. Is anyone else having PGS and currently waiting for results? x
Hi Charlotte
Good to see you on here, and what a journey you’ve had. Hopefully this is your lucky cycle. Fingers crossed you’ve done what you can. Is PGS when they genetically test their embryo? Not had it done but would be interested in knowing how you bet on with this, if can only all help our back the best embryos for success. Hope it all goes well. :)
It's certainly been a challenging few years. A lucky cycle would be The Dream! I definitely feel as though now we are undergoing IVF we are taking
charge of the situation in some way. Hoping and praying just didn't seem to be cutting it for us. Hopefully science can kick 'hoping and prayings' butt!
(Although we'll definitely still be doing lots of hoping and praying too.)

Yes, PGS or PGT-A is genetic testing of the blasts before implantation to check all of the chromosomes are present and correct as uneven or fragmented
chromosomes are a common cause of miscarriage. As miscarriage takes you out of the game for a good few months and i'm already 37, hubs and I just
wanted to try and reduce the chances of that happening again as much as we can.

Interested to hear about these 1 blast Vs 2 blast ET stories. I guess the clinic will advise everyone differently depending on circumstances.
Mrs_C hoping your two grow big and strong in there and to all the rest of you currently PUPO, Millie2020, Katiehx, Anabelle.

Ploofofhope my heart goes out to you. This journey is such an emotional roller coaster with so many hurdles and hoops to jump through to get all the way to the last hurdle and almost make it over is just devastating. Hope you are taking time for yourself and you have good people looking after you. A trip away definitely helps to clear the head and reset. I really hope next time is your time xx

Baby2

#217 Post by Baby2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi everyone

So much has happened since the last login. Absolutely gutted for Ploofhope. It’s an emotional rollercoaster this whole journey. It can take it’s toll. Having had 4 biochemicals the other year I understand the need to take time out and regroup self. Mindset is key.

MrsC - ET today? Yay. Got mine tomw. How are you feeling? Good luck 🍀 Also what’s the stance do we bed rest or be active to get oxygen to the uterus? On my successful round 9 years ago I wasn’t at Care but the nurse was on it to rest. So I did. But since then articles state to be gentle but remain active to get oxygen about? Can’t tell what’s best will check tomw if I remember.

Backache here!! I do get aches anyways but feels like I need to book a nice massage treat, but can’t yet. Might put that in my list of things if this doesn’t work. I’m switching moods from negative nancy to positive, it’s so hard to be middle ground with moods... when we are full of hormones!

Think I say it everytime but it’s so good to have this group on here. We’re all sharing such a big part of our lives. My close circles don’t even know about this!! 🤫

Lworl1509

#218 Post by Lworl1509 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Mrs_C what a day hey ☺️ That’s great that you are feeling good today. I’ve joined the 2ww waiting room for September to ask for any tips etc to keep us distracted. I’m scared I overdid it today but we only did (quite a bit of) walking but the weather was so hot. Just going to take it easy now.

Katiehx - Ah 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 how early did the cramps start? Nearly test day 🥰

Baby2 - the back ache is horrible isn’t it, just so restless. Exactly the same here Baby2 🤫🙊 ahhh sending all the luck In the world on your transfer tomorrow, will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on. How are you feeling about it? What time is it? 💕

Charlotte00 - wow I hadn’t heard of PGS before now. How long does the testing take before you can have the FET? Really hope this is your time now and your dreams come true with a little bit of science 😊

Millie2020 and Annabelle25- hope you are coping ok during the 2ww. How are you doing? X

nids2020

#219 Post by nids2020 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:33 pm

I missed most of the post in between.Sorry for that..
Not feeling okay. Today was the 5th day of stims(Gonal f dosage 450IU) along with Buserelin (0.5) and i am feeling a lot of discomfort.
Trying to sleep, but not able to, as my tummy is too bloated and feels tight. Unable to sleep on side, as it hurts. Too much of discomfort. Not sure what to do😔😔

Mrs_C

#220 Post by Mrs_C » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 am

nids2020 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:33 pm
I missed most of the post in between.Sorry for that..
Not feeling okay. Today was the 5th day of stims(Gonal f dosage 450IU) along with Buserelin (0.5) and i am feeling a lot of discomfort.
Trying to sleep, but not able to, as my tummy is too bloated and feels tight. Unable to sleep on side, as it hurts. Too much of discomfort. Not sure what to do😔😔
Hi nids - sorry to hear you aren’t feeling great. When is your first scan? I got quite bloated during stims too which was pretty uncomfortable and also found I was incredibly tired for the first week. Make sure you get plenty of rest. If it’s really bad, I’d give them a ring and see what they can advise. Big hugs x

Mrs_C

#221 Post by Mrs_C » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 am

Baby2 - just wanted to wish you lots of luck for your transfer today. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted. Nurse gave me a sheet full of things to do and not do, and keep active was definitely on the to do list. X

Lwori - how was your night away? I doubt you have over done it if you’ve only been walking. I am usually quite active and train and lift weights 5 times a week. I stopped when we started IVF, mainly because I was so exhausted and then too sore. I don’t think I dare start it up again now so walking and cycling is all I will be doing for a bit. We’ve got 2 dogs who like a 2 mile walk in the mornings and then I walk to pick my daughter up from school too. The nurse did say walking is good for blood flow to the uterus so I am going to be doing lots. She also said to keep well hydrated and drink 2-3 litres of water a day! I think if you do that, especially when it is warm, then you will be fine x

Hope everyone else is ok x

katiehx

#222 Post by katiehx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:52 am

Lworl1509 The cramps started 7dpt, I had felt pretty normal except some tiredness before then x

Lworl1509

#223 Post by Lworl1509 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:33 am

On Nids2020 - bloating is so uncomfortable. I was bad from my first scan until a day or so after EC, then it went down. Now from the pessaries I’m so bloated again and it’s impossible to get comfortable isn’t it. Are you constipated at all? A few people on here have been uncomfortable and it turned out to be that and you are allowed to take lactulose (double check with the clinic). When are your stims scans? You seem ready to get those eggs out. If it’s unbearable make sure you call a nurse and see what they can advise ❤️

Mrs_C - oh the night away was so lovely thank you, exactly what we needed. We probably walked about 5 miles but split up as we had a little picnic in between, and had lots of water. But that’s reassuring to hear about the blood flow, so hopefully all ok, I just felt exhausted 🙈 I think it’s because I’m so achy everywhere. How are you lovely? It’s so surreal isn’t it x

Katiehx - that’s good to know thank you . Sorry for all the questions - was just wondering, I know I’ll be analysing every single twinge but know it can mean different things. X

Baby2 good luck today 💕💕💕

Mrs_C

#224 Post by Mrs_C » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 am

Hi Lwori - I am feeling ok, just trying to keep my over active mind in check and not read too much into success rates etc. My age is my biggest concern. Also waiting for the call today to find out if our last embryo is suitable for freezing. And I can’t help but try and imagine what the 2 we had back might be doing. I just hope and pray that they stick. How are you doing?

Just an FYI, I bought some cheap hcg strips and have tested out my trigger shot. It was 9 days ago and the test was negative this morning x

nids2020

#225 Post by nids2020 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am

Thanks ladies i feel little better in the morning🤗

Baby2 good luck for the transfer today.

Belated Anniversary wishes Lwori💐💐Hope you had a fun day.

Lwori &Mrs_C - Really happy for you both on being PUPO. How are you feeling ? Good luck with your 2ww wait period.

My first stim scan is on Friday.Lets see if is really uncomfortable tonight also will give them a ring tomorrow.

Xx