It’s oh so quiet...

For our over 40's crew!

Moderator: Administrator

Miaims

Re: It’s oh so quiet...

#51 Post by Miaims » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Smudge75 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:33 am
Glad you're taking time out for you. I was going to ask about hair colouring during this process actually. I've read mixed reviews. During lockdown I decided to bleach my hair as my highlights were looking ghastly (as were the pesky greys). My first appointment back at the hairdressers when they reopened didnt go to plan and she wouldnt darken it for me, she just added some low lights whereas I would have preferred a balayage (spelling?!) or something as my roots are really dark when its growing out but she wouldnt do it. I'm booked back in in a couple of weeks and feeling reluctant to have any chemicals on it but my roots are really bad, they look almost black against the blonde and have a good 10 weeks of growth :|

Definitely keep in touch xx
I actually called Care to ask if it was okay. They said it was but I have read that it’s not brilliant for egg quality etc. This will be my last time for the next 3-6 months. Luckily winter is coming up and I can wear bobble hats 😂
First transfer Feb 2020 - BFN
FET Aug 2020 - BFN
Embryo banking Nov 2020 - Mar 2021

Smudge75

#52 Post by Smudge75 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:29 pm

:lol: :lol: I’ll dig mine out too :lol: :lol:
02.08.16 BFP = miscarried
09.10.17 BFP = chemical
12.11.17 Natural IVF#1 = cancelled
03.12.17 Natural IVF#2 = cancelled
13.02.18 Natural IVF#3 = cancelled
15.04.18 BFP = miscarried
13.08.18 BFP = miscarried
01.08.20 ICSI with CARE - long protocol

Mrs_C

#53 Post by Mrs_C » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:43 pm

Hi, hopping on as a newbie to say Hello. I'm 41 and just started a fresh IVF cycle today.

I am using my own eggs with donor sperm, I asked my consultant about egg quality. He was adamant that there is nothing you can do to improve the quality of your eggs so I am just taking a prenatal.

Teddybears2017

#54 Post by Teddybears2017 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:13 pm

WELCOME Mrs c Im having to use donor eggs due to premenopausal. Wish I could of used my own eggs but womb having none of it. BEST OF LUCK HUN :-)
Me 46
Partner 46
IVF#1 FEB 2018 DONOR FRESH=BFN :(
Changed Clinic
IVF#1 OCT 2018 DONOR FET=BFN :(
IVF#2 NOV 2018 DONOR FET=BFP :D

VikkiC

#55 Post by VikkiC » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:02 pm

Just wanted to say hi, I'm 41 in 2 weeks time and following 4 natural conceptions, all of which miscarried by 10 weeks, we are now doing our first cycle of IVF with Care. I was quite blase about it at first but now I'm knackered, grumpy, bloated and i have bruised thighs. Looking good. Hope you're all doing well and wishing all of us the very best of luck.

Mrs_C

#56 Post by Mrs_C » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi VikkiC, we are similar age. I turned 41 this year. Why are your thighs bruised? Don't tell me I've been injecting in the wrong place... 🤦🏼‍♀️ is it the drugs making you feel bloated and tired?

Hi TeddyB, best of luck to you too. X

Jasper1

#57 Post by Jasper1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Hello all,

I wonder if I could join you please? I turned 40 this year. I think I’m a little bit in denial about that though to be honest. Lockdown big birthdays are quite something!

I have been on the forum for years and finally had my little girl in 2017 after 7 years of ttc and 7 rounds of ivf. We actually left Care and went to Reprofit in Brno. It was much cheaper and easier than we imagined and I got my BFp on our second try out there. I’ve had two more goes since our DD was born but they were sadly both bfn.

I am desperate to try again but finances are a real issue. I’m hoping once my lo starts school and I go back to work full time there might be a chance of us doing it again but who knows.

I just wanted to join and say hi and don’t give up and also to meet some similar aged women still battling away.

Good luck to everyone xx
Ivf one march 2013 BFN
Ivf two July 2013 BFN
Ivf three Sept 2014 all destroyed
Ivf four Oct 2015 BFP...CP
Ivf five April 2016 BFN
Ivf six Aug 2016 off to Czech! BFN
Ivf seven Dec 2016 BFP!!! Miracles happen!

Teddybears2017

#58 Post by Teddybears2017 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Hi Jasper1, I have seen/read your posts while I been on theses boards. I sort of started looking on these boards since 2016 but was only brave when I knew I would be starting ivf back in 2017. I had my little girl in 2019 and going to give it a try with my remaining embryos. Its not been easy finding the money for the last few goes but I so needed to give it this last shot as im 46 and i just could not leave this chapter in my life open without giving my little embryos a try. Im one of these ladies that once got something in her head I wont leave it alone. I really hope you get to cycle again hun BIG HUGS :D xxx
Me 46
Partner 46
Changed Clinic

Jasper1

#59 Post by Jasper1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi Teddy,

Thank you for your reply. Congratulations on you little girl. It really is the best thing ever isn’t it! And all the luck in the world with your Frosties. Are you able to cycle at the mo? I don’t know how the virus has changed things in the ivf world at the moment.

I tired again when my lo was only 15 months old and again about six months after that. Both were top grade blasts so I don’t really understand why it didn’t work.

Have you ever had the scratch?? I had a hysteroscopy a month before my only successful cycle so I’m convinced it was the ‘damage’ to my womb lining that helped my little one stick. I was initially pregnant with twins but sadly baby b’s heartbeat stopped quite early on. I dealt with it well at the time and focussed on the one surviving baby. I’m finding it more tricky now as part of me knows if we’d been successful at having them both then I wouldn’t still be pining for a second child. It’s hard.

I agree about not closing the book too early. I don’t feel my ivf journey is over at all. I’m just in a forced break at the mo.

Keep us up to date then with your treatment etc. Good luck!! X
Ivf one march 2013 BFN
Ivf two July 2013 BFN
Ivf three Sept 2014 all destroyed
Ivf four Oct 2015 BFP...CP
Ivf five April 2016 BFN
Ivf six Aug 2016 off to Czech! BFN
Ivf seven Dec 2016 BFP!!! Miracles happen!

Teddybears2017

#60 Post by Teddybears2017 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi Jasper1 im hoping to start my fet this year but since starting ivf know that in a blink of an eye things change so talking 1 day at a time and seeing what happens. I started ivf back in late 2016 early 2017 but on my very first scan found I had fluid in my tubes. I then had to put ivf on hold while I had things looked at but turns out I had a very large cyst and tubes was ok i had my tubes clipped in 2009 as I do have 2 a lot older boys (ones now a grown 20 year old ) with my ex husband. Fast forward divorce and meeting my partner of 6 years I wanted to give it a go to have a much longed for baby. Sadly I also found out at first meeting I would have to use donor eggs as premenopausal. HOWEVER time I found the right donor it was 2018. After my small op to remove fluid etc my womb was good to go or so I thought. Me being silly thought I fall pregnant on my first go. That first bfn shocked me to the core. I changed my whole outlook of ivf and what I now do with my health etc. It took changing clinics put on different meds and I got my bfp on the 2 go. Sadly just before my bfp i lost my mum to cancer then after a scare (bleeding) also i found out I was pregnant with triplets (my 1 embryo spilt into 3) but sadly 2 never developed.... However as soon as I had my baby girl I knew I had to try again for a sibling for her. I nearly died giving birth ( long story) but im going to give it a go with my frosties as I just cannot leave it there. I think you know that feeling that I mean. I have had to borrow the money as last time went with Access fertility on a package deal but this time I got no safety net I just got to roll that dice and see :-) BIG HUGS HUN XXX
Me 46
Partner 46
Changed Clinic