Success over 40s

For our over 40's crew!

Moderator: Administrator

43 low amh

Re: Success over 40s

#26 Post by 43 low amh » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi Baby 123,
I’m exactly the same! I know I’ll never wait the full 2ww! I’m sorry it’s a bfn right now, this is such a hard journey. You right though you can never be sure until OTD or AF so hold on to some hope. I’m praying your levels are just not high enough! Keep us posted! X

Baby123

#27 Post by Baby123 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi 43 low amh
It is difficult & such a rollercoaster of a journey. I wont test again until Tuesday now 🤞🏻
I will keep you posted x

43 low amh

#28 Post by 43 low amh » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:59 pm

Baby 123 I just can’t help myself...I’m going to test every day from Monday 19th if I can even wait that long! I will be sending positive vibes to you till your OTD!
I’m really aching today I think it’s where they had to clean out the excess pessary before transfer. It was not comfortable! X

Baby123

#29 Post by Baby123 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:16 pm

43 low amh.
Its so difficult isnt it this 2WW😫😫
Yeah you will probably be aching from that. Take it easy & rest ( easier said than done I know 🙈)

Try & hang in their for testing 🤞🏻X

43 low amh

#30 Post by 43 low amh » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:16 pm

I’ll try!! X

Baby2

#31 Post by Baby2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:04 pm

It’s such a roller coaster for sure and I think testing early is to help our anxiety. To be honest my last cycle I was good and waited until OTD but the BFN felt disappointing.
Things can change and have heard of slow HCG levels rising until the OTD so never know I just hope it’s all okay for you.

43low amh - hope you’re feeling as okay as can be after the ET, sending you lots of luck to you too.

@mcdowllray1 starts meds tomw!! Exciting! 😬

Fantastic to have all got to this stage of the journey. 👏

I’ve got my consultation 27th so will see what dr suggests.
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN
•ICSI Success BFP 👶🏼 Our true blessing!

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN
•IUIs x3 BFNS / Biochemicals
•ICSI Long Protocol- Sept 2020 at Care - BFN + None to freeze
•Next steps - Multi-cycle round 2 tbc.

Baby123

#32 Post by Baby123 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Think its the end of the road for me 😢😢
Started bleeding last night & cramps. Again this morning & still continuing. Feels like AF is here!

Ive phoned the clinic but they have said to continue with pessaries and to still test on Tuesday as planned.

Theres no point in convincing myself otherwise as I know it will be a BFN.

Not sure whether to withdraw my 2nd cycle & accept its not meant to be as I dont think I could go through this journey again 😢

43 low amh

#33 Post by 43 low amh » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Baby 123- I’m so so sorry to hear this 😞 sending hugs. Its bloody shit! It’s so heartbreaking 😢 Don't give up hope, keep trying hun x Each cycle is different it’s a tough journey, that’s for sure, but I think try till the bitter end. You deserve a good outcome and it’s not possible at all if you don’t try. I do understand though maybe take some time out or hit it again running. Make sure you allow yourself a damn good cry too x We’ll be here for you what ever you decide to do!

I’ve felt different today too, more like normal so trying not to read into it x The odds aren’t stacked in our favour but least we’re trying xx

McD- Hope starting your meds goes ok, good luck x
Baby2- keep us posted x

Mcdowellray1

#34 Post by Mcdowellray1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Baby 123 sorry to hear this keep positive!!! Its hard i guess when you have a gut feeling.

Had my appointmment tonight my meds not arrived yet due to start 18th!!!

2ww guys must feel like forever and ever!! Positive vibes heading your way.

Sunday to start 1st cycle Of meds .......

Baby123

#35 Post by Baby123 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Thank you Baby123 & Mcdowellray1
Its so difficult to stay positive & pure torture still continuing with the meds when I know im bleeding heavy.

Ive just got to see it through the weekend & the nurse said I could test early ( on Sunday) rather than Tuesday but im not going to bother.
Think I will do it Monday morning so I can ring the clinic with my results so its all done in one go rather than having to wait another 24hrs before ringing them.

Ive been none stop googling to find anyone in my situation and have found a couple and they still got a BFP.
Im not going to kid myself though.
As they say, prepare for the worst & expect the best.

Other than talking to you guys Ive not told any family or friends about our IVF as I didn’t want the stress of 1001 questions but I could do with them right now 😢
So thank you for your encouraging words & support 🥰

Mcdowellray1 - good luck with the start of your cycle... sending lots of baby dust your way xx

43 low amh - after I read your reply I did have a good cry. Id Kept it all in since then.
Sit tight in your 2WW & sending lots of baby dust to you too xx

43 low amh

#36 Post by 43 low amh » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:48 pm

McDowellray - Dont panic your meds will come! Sending you much luck!

Baby123 - I wish I could give you the biggest hug right now! I understand not involving family and friends and I also know how difficult it is not to have the support of them too. I would have scrawled google to find some hope too and would still hold out a little hope till OTD. You just never know but at least your prepared if not.
Don’t think of it as the end, this it’s a very difficult and emotionally torturous journey but you never know what time will bring x

I’m not feeling positive at all today I no longer feel an aching sensation and I’m not tired like I was either. I know it sounds weird but my belly button goes red when I’m pregnant and there’s no sign of that either ( I’ve been pregnant 8 times, miscarried 7 of them). So I’m preparing myself from now. I think I’m going to go for a donor egg next time and I’m going to go to the Czech as I’d get two goes for the price of one there. A friend of mine had 8 failed cycles here but on her first there (reprogenis) she got her baby girl. I’ll test daily from Sunday and see what’s next on our journey.
Make sure you have a very naughty weekend and pamper yourself excessively. Xx

Baby123

#37 Post by Baby123 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi 43 low amh

Thank you so much for your supportive kind words.
I sooo could drink several bottles of wine right now but know that will just make me feel worse. Plus until ive officially got passed my OTD I wont forgive myself if I have a drink.

Just hang in their. You know your own body and previous pregnancy symptoms you have had. But bare in mind this one could be different
Wow! Your friend did really well 🥰🥰.
Ive not even considered going abroad, not sure if we will have the money or time given my partners job.
We will probably see the 2nd cycle through at some point, after all its been paid for now & I know if I dont try I will always be thinking what if.
I guess if we go for our 2nd cycle we will know what to expect now & all the emotions that come with it. I will be able to mentally prepare that this will be our last chance & gave it our best shot.
Im still all over the place & cant switch off but I know in time I will ( thats what I keep telling myself).

Good luck with your 2WW. I will have my fingers crossed for you & always here to talk 🥰xxx

43 low amh

#38 Post by 43 low amh » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Baby123- Im sure wine would help but as say you’ve got to wait till OTD to truly enjoy a glass or five lol!
Exactly, the second cycle could be a whole different ball game and if not, like you say, you’ve tried your best x

I’ll hold on to a fragment of hope until the OTD but am more prepared for failure these days. I hadn’t considered abroad either but it soooooo much cheaper and really easy to access. You only have to go there for 1 week the rest is done via Video call. I’ve contacted them in case it doesn’t work and they are so efficient they always respond the same day which I really appreciate!

Baby123

#39 Post by Baby123 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:05 pm

43 low amh - lol! Definitely 5 🤣🤣.

Im sure which ever route you go down you will be an excellent loving mum 🥰🥰

Have a lovely weekend & let me know how you get on xxx

43 low amh

#40 Post by 43 low amh » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Baby 123- 🤣😂
I hope so! I’m not opposed to adoption either! One way or another xx
Have a good weekend too xx

Baby2

#41 Post by Baby2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:20 am

Hi ladies

Baby123 - how are you feeling today? It’s so much of our time and emotion invested in this process that we just wish it would just work for us like others. Whichever way it does go tomw on OTD (unless you test today) I hope you can pamper yourself with what you want to do and get some healing from the drugs etc it takes a lot more toll on the body. Really tough stage to be in and no one talks about the feelings after BFN. I know they say they have the counselling but it didn’t cut it for me as personally if I knew it didn’t work I just know I have to take a break and think of the next steps. Sending you hugs and healing today x

Low amh - is your OTD on Tuesday? Do you feel like these last few days just drag on? Hope you’re feeling well in yourself (as much as possible with all these drugs) Are you using DE for the next cycle? I was looking at IVF Spain on YouTube and even contacted them just to see how it works on my 2ww as I was just obsessed with this whole process and they emailed really responsively and explained the steps. With all this Covid drama I’m unsure about going abroad yet. Hope you can enjoy your Sunday and wishing all the best for this cycle.

McDowellRay - good luck for starting meds soon. 🤞 ✨

I have another week until consultation. I’ve been eating utter crap for two weeks since my BFN. 😂 just having carbs if I want. But said to myself I’m on a healthy lifestyle from today having fresh celery juice to start the day. Although I crave my decaf coffee! Also been doing things I couldn’t like lift up heavy items and I sorted and cleaned the house like a mad woman the last two weekends so I feel like I’ve organised myself so it doesn’t bug me when I am on another round. I feel like how much of this can I handle as it’s exhausting. Used to the BFNs as it feels no surprise. But don’t want to give up either. I’ve got hardly any annual leave until Christmas week so unsure about doing any IVF until Jan maybe. I’ve not told work or family either we prefer to keep this private as possible because it’s all the chat. I find telling work really difficult as if it don’t work then it’s awkward for me as work with people who need me there. I did notice they have fertility leave on the HR system but just can’t face telling my boss as then all his bosses have to be made aware. Instead last week told some friends I did this and it didn’t work as I just needed to talk. But oddly not sad more annoyed because science & Mother Nature just wasn’t on our side.

Wishing you all the best and sending virtual hugs and strength for the next steps xx
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN

Mcdowellray1

#42 Post by Mcdowellray1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Happy day 18 to me !!!! Never had so many meds to look through!!

I cant belive its here to be honest!!

Hope eveyone had a nice weekend?

43 low amh

#43 Post by 43 low amh » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:08 pm

Oh I remember the first day of meds! I read everything! I was so nervous! But...I promise after a few days you’ll be a dab hand at it! Good luck lovely! The journey begins! Xx

Baby123

#44 Post by Baby123 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi

Good luck with your meds. Hope its going ok for you?

It was a BFN this morning as I expected. Im just having a couple of weeks me time now to process it & to work out what we are going to do if anything going forward.

We have our follow up consultation in 3 weeks time so going to enjoy my body feeling normal again.

Hope you are all doing well ladies. Its a massive rollercoaster of a journey & who knows, maybe if we do go for our second cycle I know I will be more prepared to what to expect ect if that makes sense.

Stay in touch & Im happy for you to ask me any questions if you have any whilst on your journeys ( i can only speak from my experience) but sometimes that does help.

Take care all of you & I will let you know the outcome of our consultation xxxx

Baby2

#45 Post by Baby2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi Baby123

Sorry to hear of today’s result. You are right to take some time to regroup and see what the consultation says. Stay well and always here if you need any support afterwards too.

Take it easy x
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN

Baby123

#46 Post by Baby123 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi Baby 2

Thank you 😊 , you too xx

43 low amh

#47 Post by 43 low amh » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi guys! Please just call me 43 saves typing the rest!
Baby123 - so sorry youR result wasn’t what we all hoped for 😞 get that wine out and enjoy the next few weeks. Re-Grouping is really good and we are here for you what ever you decide to do. As you say least if you do try again you’ll have more idea of what to expect xx
Baby 2 - My OTD is 27th I’m not good at waiting so am going to start testing tomorrow. Yes going to go for a DE next time in Czech they are so on the ball! And loads cheaper! But Covid is likely to delay it!
Glad you’ve had a blow out can’t beat utter crap and decaf coffee! It’s good also to get all those jobs done you couldn’t do too! So your all ready for the next try! Oh it’s so hard to handle and sadly you do get used to the bfn but I’m the same I don’t want to give up either! Fertility treatment should be covered but I get that you don’t want to tell work! Glad you told some friends, hope it helped to talk. I’ve told all my close friends, family and work as I personally find It easier to talk about it x keep me posted hun x

Baby123

#48 Post by Baby123 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi 43.

Thank you so much. Definitely getting on the wine this weekend 😂🙈.
I know once ive had a few i will get upset but at least it’s coming out rather than keeping it all in.

Good luck with the remaining if your 2WW 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Its been so helpful speaking to you ladies & will keep in touch 😘xxx

43 low amh

#49 Post by 43 low amh » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:37 am

Baby 123 - It’s always best to cry it out it really helps get the stress and pain out, embrace it, your allowed to feel sad x
I tested this morning it was a BFN. I’m not reading into anything too much yet as it’s still early days but if it’s still a BFN by Thursday I’ll know I can open the wine lol!! X

Baby123

#50 Post by Baby123 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:04 am

Hi 43

You are right! Letting it all out will definitely help 😊
You may have tested a little too early, are you feeling any different?
Some people get symptoms & others nothing at all so that can be confusing.
Try hold out a few more days before testing again or have you decided to test every day from now?

Good luck, I will have everything crossed for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻Xxx