Success over 40s

For our over 40's crew!

Moderator: Administrator

Apricat

Re: Success over 40s

#126 Post by Apricat » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:57 pm

Mcdowellray it’s now the norm not to give an update till day5 it was the same for us, they used to update daily. It is so they do t keep disturbing the potential growth, the wait I’m sure we go quickly, fingers crossed for great news.
We still have another 2 weeks to wait for the biopsy tests (takes 3 weeks! Not sure why it takes so long) this wait is harder than the one waiting for growth updates...
keeping busy with work and went for a 5mile walk this morning:)

Mcdowellray1

#127 Post by Mcdowellray1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:01 pm

Ah thats ok then ad its normal makes sense feeling very anxious and emotional what is going be ok to freeze.

I went out walking with the dog and we cooked homemade byirani which was delicious await the call tommorrow afternoon.

Get my head into work too and keep busy got few loose ends to sort out ready for my transfer xx

Mcdowellray1

#128 Post by Mcdowellray1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:16 pm

All 7 reach blastocyst stage 4 frozen today 2 left developing 1 not the quality they would freeze. So all good news...

Louise007

#129 Post by Louise007 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi ladies

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in I’ve read some of your updates have fingers crossed for you all too 💖

Just a little about myself we have a little girl from DE 2014 after a long journey and finding out my eggs weren’t great quality 😔

We were going to start our journey for a sibling again in 2018 but hubby changed his mind... I wanted to try again before turning 40 I don’t know why I don’t know if it’s the number or I felt older I don’t know just had it in my head.

Anyways fast forward to now hubby wants to try again as he knows what it means to me and I would love if possible to give our little one a sibling, however I feel completely blessed to have her. We have been for all our checks and been given access to egg bank and are in the waiting list I just keep thinking am I to old will people judge me I know i shouldn’t care I don’t know if it’s because I got it in my head earlier on about being 40 🥺 sorry to go on and lovely to virtually meet you all and again good luck to each and everyone of you xx

Baby123

#130 Post by Baby123 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi Louise007

Welcome! & hope your journey this time is successful again to get a sibling for your little girl.

I used to think the same about age. I was too busy stressing what other people would think about me. But then just thought its what makes me happy.

Ive not told anyone about my choice in IVF as I dont want 1001 questions all the time. Ive decided I will let them know when & if we get a BFP.

Everyones journey is different but we can all gain support from each of our individual experiences so again, welcome & good luck with your journey too 🥰xx

Louise007

#131 Post by Louise007 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Thank you Baby123 appreciate your advice! I totally agree that only when/if you are ready to tell people. I only told a handful of friends and that was only in the last few years. I find it hard dealing with my own emotions never mind anyone else’s !!

It’s early days for us but my head is already started spinning as a lot has changed since our last journey so just getting my head around everything too.

Thank you again for your warm welcome 🥰

Teddybears2017

#132 Post by Teddybears2017 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi ladies,
Just to add a little thing on the age. I'm 46 and when I had my daughter I also thought I be judged but when I was in and out of hospitals (long story) I got to speak to all different ages of ladies and most was 40+. I met one lady she was on her 9 kid and 41. Well I'm still going strong and to say push the age thing to the back of your mind and don't let it worry you and I wish you ALL the very best of luck BIG HUGS XXX PS I also don't tell people I'm doing ivf as its to do with me and my partner and I have to make sure I keep a healthy mind and body and that's all that matters.. What others don't know, won't harm them as my old mum use to say x
🐻
Me 46...Partner 46

IVF DONOR FEB 2018 #1=BFN :(
CHANGED CLINIC
IVF DONOR OCT 2018 #1=BFN :(
IVF DONOR NOV 2018 #2=BFP My little girl :D
IVF DONOR OCT 2020 #3=BFP Sadly ended in CP :(
IVF DONOR DEC 2020 #4=BFP :D

Apricat

#133 Post by Apricat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:29 pm

Mcdowellray great news on the numbers :)

Welcome to the group those who have just joined.

Just to add to the age thing, it’s just a number and it’s what you feel that counts (my other half is a little younger than me 😆)

We’ve chosen not to tell anyone unless we get that positive result - not because we are concerned about what is said or thought but because our IVF journey is personal to us and we are enjoying it being just ours.

On other news breasts are completely back to normal following AF :)

Louise007

#134 Post by Louise007 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Thank you Ladies I think it’s in my head about my age and as you say Just a number and need to put to the back of my head for now thank you so much ☺️ xx

Apricat

#135 Post by Apricat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Can’t believe it’s Friday again!

We’ve had our PGA test results back and unfortunately for us all 3 embryos were abnormal so there will be none put back on this cycle.

We need to make a few decisions now about how we proceed and a new protocol is going to be written up for us so we can decide on our options.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend, I’m going to have a glass of wine - I feel I deserve it x

Baby2

#136 Post by Baby2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:23 am

Welcome Louise. Age affects us as we hear so much about egg decline etc but I’m hearing of more and more 40-50 year olds having children. It’s possible but I really get what you’re saying as it played on my mind too. Friend’s manager is 52 and doing IVF. Hope it all goes well.

Everyone I’ve been missing the thread, I’m glad it’s all going well, it’s so reassuring as a group to get this far. It’s a chances game in itself but we should be proud we keep the resilience to keep trying.

So was doing well with my diet but due to AF I got lazy the last few days, so back to it tomw. After my failed ivf my first menstrual cycle was horrendous but this time it was really light and hardly any cramps. Not happened before. I’ll hold out till next month and see what happens. Might be because I’m more active and eating less crap.

We’ve not told anyone still as the pressure just adds up. It’s private like people trying naturally don’t always tell people. Lol
Baby123 I’m glad you’re giving another go. My husband said this is the last one. :( I feel like I just want to keep going until it works. But will see how it goes, it’s so hard not knowing.

Have a good weekend ladies! Take it easy and find some time for yourselves to relax xx
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN
•ICSI Success BFP 👶🏼 Our true blessing!

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN
•IUIs x3 BFNS / Biochemicals
•ICSI Long Protocol- Sept 2020 at Care - BFN + None to freeze
•Next Cycle: March 2021

Louise007

#137 Post by Louise007 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:21 pm

Apricat sorry to hear that hun about embryos you totally deserve a very lashes gals sod wine 🍷 enjoy and hope things work out for you

Baby 2 - thank you, I just feel like people will judge I know I shouldn’t care but all my life I’ve always hated people judging other people and it’s something that gets to me 😔 I really hope this works for you and all the lovely ladies on the thread we are so lucky to have a perfect princess which I am so grateful for she made our long IVF journey worth it I would just live to give her a sibling 🙏🏽

As for us waiting on match or egg bank which seems none empty at the min 😭 hopefully not forever though

Enjoy your weekend everyone xx

Baby123

#138 Post by Baby123 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi ladies

Sorry not responding to any comments recently. For some reason I haven’t been receiving notifications.

Apricat. So sorry to hear about your embryos 😢. Big hugs 💗💗 xxx

I can’t remember if any of you said you were taking supplements or not.
Ive been taking mine for 2 weeks now ( DHEA, Ubiquinol, Vit D &E, folic acid & melatonin)

Im due my period in 11 days & normally by now ( generally 2 weeks prior) I start to get PMS symptoms. Without fail I get sore boobs & backache.

This month Im getting the back ache, nausea after ive eaten but my appetite has gone so having to force food down. I keep going dizzy but dont have the sore boobs. Not even a niggle. Normally they are so heavy & sore by now.
Dont know if it’s coincidence or not that these changes are due to the supplements but my head us in a right tizz.
I definitely need my period to start so my next cycle falls in time.

Just wondering if you are taking any supplements thats had any affect on you or heard of it.

As per Ive googled the life out of it & the only thing Ive found is that some people say taking DHEA has delayed their period.

Any advice/ experiences welcome 💗💗xxx

Miracle78

#139 Post by Miracle78 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Baby123 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:17 pm
Hi ladies

Sorry not responding to any comments recently. For some reason I haven’t been receiving notifications.

Apricat. So sorry to hear about your embryos 😢. Big hugs 💗💗 xxx

I can’t remember if any of you said you were taking supplements or not.
Ive been taking mine for 2 weeks now ( DHEA, Ubiquinol, Vit D &E, folic acid & melatonin)

Im due my period in 11 days & normally by now ( generally 2 weeks prior) I start to get PMS symptoms. Without fail I get sore boobs & backache.

This month Im getting the back ache, nausea after ive eaten but my appetite has gone so having to force food down. I keep going dizzy but dont have the sore boobs. Not even a niggle. Normally they are so heavy & sore by now.
Dont know if it’s coincidence or not that these changes are due to the supplements but my head us in a right tizz.
I definitely need my period to start so my next cycle falls in time.

Just wondering if you are taking any supplements thats had any affect on you or heard of it.

As per Ive googled the life out of it & the only thing Ive found is that some people say taking DHEA has delayed their period.

Any advice/ experiences welcome 💗💗xxx
Hello ladies!
Sorry to jump in ! I m 42 and going to this terrible ride .
My first IvF was November last year , BFP but to good to be true. In the beginning I thought is the luck of any beginner but had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks .
Was the only cycle founded by NHS .
We went to Care we start again in June , fresh transfer-BFP but in 2 days BFN -chemical pregnancy.
July , FET transfer- failed
September again 3rd time IVF , fresh transfer - failed
We have one frozen , we want to put back in January.
October I had a hysteroscopy to remove 2 polyps.
Now I found my progesterone level is to
Low . Waiting to have a call with my consultant to see what medication I can take in order to improve success.
@ Apricot- sorry to hear about your little embryo! But is good as you checked. We couldn’t afford to do additional checks as we already paid almost 15k for treatment, medication and hysteroscopy.
Ladies don’t worry to
Much about what people says about age . Age is how you feel ! Unfortunately when comes to fertility it has a huge impact but everything can be possible!
@Baby123 - I have been taking DHEA and all sorts of vitamins and supplements but period was not affected. After the last treatment I had in September it las messed up . Last month came 4-5 days late . This month looks like is late as well .
If you stressing because you want to come it won’t come .
Try to relax . The stress has a huge impact on our hormones.
Eat pineapple, and I heard as well about parsley tea...
Good luck everyone in your journey! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😘😘😘😘😘

Apricat

#140 Post by Apricat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:45 pm

Hi all,
Hope you are all well. Just checking in to say we are still here and catching up with all the goings on. We are awaiting a consultation appointment but can’t get anything until January which is a bit frustrating. Both me and my OH are doing ok we have some emotional days but also looking forward to giving it our last shot. Hope everyone else is doing well. I am here to listen and support you in your journeys

Thank god it’s almost the weekend again :)

Louise007

#141 Post by Louise007 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi miricle

Sorry to hear about your journey so far it’s so hard to be on this rollercoaster ride and rubbish that we’ve had to go on this journey. I am hoping the consultant can give you some answers and a way to move forward 🤞🏽

Hi apricot hope your doing ok, and am sending all the positive vibes in the world for your last shot hun 🥰

Baby123 hope you are doing ok too ❤️

We are still waiting and reviewing the DE bank which is bare at the minute so just trying to go with the flow at the min it’s all we can do xx

Apricat

#142 Post by Apricat » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:37 pm

Hi Louise - I have considered the donor egg route but OH is not so sure. Just wondered how you are finding it? My OH is not so sure because it wouldn’t my DNA I’m quite open to alternate ideas and routes to a positive outcome.

Miracle78

#143 Post by Miracle78 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:50 pm

Apricat wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:37 pm
Hi Louise - I have considered the donor egg route but OH is not so sure. Just wondered how you are finding it? My OH is not so sure because it wouldn’t my DNA I’m quite open to alternate ideas and routes to a positive outcome.
Hi Ladies! 😘😘😘
How you all doing well .
Apricot- January is almost here. Hopefully new year , new life 🙏🙏🙏.
Louise- thanks for the positive thoughts. Hope you will get your donner egg as soon as possible.
I have a call with my consultant on Thursday. See what they suggest. But desapointed as they never did a blood test to check my hormones level in order to prescribe you correct dose of medication. I might request this.
Sending you positive vibes! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Louise007

#144 Post by Louise007 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:00 pm

Apricat wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:37 pm

We have a beautiful daughter from DE and she’s now 6 I had the same thoughts years back but she grew inside me, I fed her and carried her and kept her alive for 9 months she’s 1 million percent my little girl and it’s funny because she very much looks like her daddy but I have very long legs and she has long legs too 💖 I found out after two rounds of IVF with my own eggs that my eggs didn’t fully ever mature so although I was on all the protocol to help every collection they were all immature 🙁 I wanted to be a mummy and this was our only viable option. We went for councilling but i’d got my head around things pre that anyway and read a few really good articles I’ll try to find and share.

It’s a very personal thing and only you guys can make the decision but from going through it already I have no reservations to do it again other than I get hung up on my age xxx

Baby123

#145 Post by Baby123 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi Ladies

Hope you all have had a lovely Christmas.
We will be starting our last cycle this month once my AF starts. (Due tomorrow 🤞🏻)
I have been taking the supplements suggested by my consultant so hopefully they will have helped this time around 🤞🏻🤞🏻
I guess time will tell....... hope you all have a fab New Year! 🎅🏽🧑🏻🎄xxx

Louise007

#146 Post by Louise007 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Hey Baby123 exciting times and sending positive vibes your way too ! we have selected a donor and not waiting game so not sure when our journey will start maybe February or March lots of mixed emotions to start again but we will see xx

Baby123

#147 Post by Baby123 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi Louise007, thank you!
Exciting times for you too. 💙. I think I under estimated how much of an emotional roller coaster journey this is but how strong we become to get through it too.
Sending positive vibes your way too for when your journey starts again xxx