Pgd journey starting

Forum for those considering or embarking on Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis or Aneuploidy Screening

Moderator: Administrator

CharB

Re: Pgd journey starting

#26 Post by CharB » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi Hopeful,

I hate waiting for smear test results, just like any other test results really. Luckily im not due one until late next year. I haven't had to have one repeated so far, i have been warned that its a possibility though as i tend to get contact bleeding.

I was only off work today which sucks. I haven't had a full week off work for 8 months and its quite wearing. I've had to use the rest of my holidays

Kind Regards

Char
Last edited by CharB on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cycle 1 - EC - 6 eggs. 5 fertilised - 1 blastocyst
Cycle 2 - EC - 13 eggs, 7 fertilised - 2 blastocysts
Cycle 3 - FET - unable to transfer :(
Cycle 4 - ?

Hopeful10

#27 Post by Hopeful10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi Charlotte,
Just to let you know I've got your message and email address. Thanks x

Keepthefaith

#28 Post by Keepthefaith » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi everyone

I hope you don't mind me joining the group. I have been waiting for a PGD group to pop up for a while.

I'm now on my second attempt of PGD IVF. My first cycle resulted in 2 embryos that were tested but neither were suitable for transfer.

I currently have 1 frozen embryo and I am on the down regulation phase leading up to transfer. The down regulation has taken longer than expected (32 days so far) as my body has fought of the drugs so it will be a few more weeks until transfer.

I'm happy to answer any questions about IVF. It's nice to speak to people going through the same thing :D

CharB

#29 Post by CharB » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:13 am

Hi Keep the faith,

I've had 1 cycle as well. 7 eggs were collected, 1 wasn't mature enough and if the remaining 6 only 4 fertilised. 2 made it to day give and care were hoping that by sending all four there would be enough material to test them. But the chromosomes hadn't developed properly so like you we are left with one good frozen embie, which hasn't been tested as not enough material. I am starting cycle 2 soon, just waiting for my period, then the countdown to day 18 can begin. I'm on the short protocol so no down reg.
Cycle 1 - EC - 6 eggs. 5 fertilised - 1 blastocyst
Cycle 2 - EC - 13 eggs, 7 fertilised - 2 blastocysts
Cycle 3 - FET - unable to transfer :(
Cycle 4 - ?

Hopeful10

#30 Post by Hopeful10 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:32 am

Hi keepthefaith! Welcome!

We've had our initial appointment and are waiting from contact from genetics so we can move towards getting our test made. We're going to be on the long protocol. The waiting is just so frustrating when you're keen to get started.

Hoping your transfer goes well and that you'll be ready to have it soon.