Is this a miscarriage?

A place to feel free to talk of loss and sadness......

Moderator: Administrator

Bea2020

Is this a miscarriage?

#1 Post by Bea2020 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi, is there anybody out there who has had a similar experience? I had a FET and got a BFP - totally overwhelming and nervous as I waited for the 6 weeks scan. I was dreading the scanner saying there was nothing there.

I got to the scan and was told there was nothing to see in my womb, it was empty. It was my worst fear and I was devastated, she made me do a pregnancy test and it came back BFN. She said it could have stopped developing early on and the meds were just keeping it all going. She told me to stop taking my meds and wait for a bleed.

The bleeding started yesterday, brown spotting turning to light bleeding. Then last night I woke up in pain, like my stomach was on fire. I was in bed all morning curled up in pain with a hot water bottle. Then around midday I got a big pain managed to get to the bathroom and passed what looked like a sac - it was about 2 inches and was made of tissue and covered in blood and mucus (sorry if tmi!) then later on I passed some clear liquid and a long blood clot thing.

I’m in bed again this evening with cramps and pain, I can barely walk to go to the bathroom and feel exhausted and traumatised. I don’t know if this is a miscarriage or what because the scanner said there was nothing in my womb and the BFN. Then again I did get a BFP initially, so maybe I was pregnant for a few weeks but it didn’t develop properly so this is a delayed miscarriage. I feel angry that I was told to wait for a bleed without any information what to expect - that it might be painful- or I might pass tissue not just blood. I feel let down by the lack of support and information in this respect.

I have a call with care tomorrow - I don’t even know what to ask or where to start with questions. If there is anyone reading this who might have experience of the above or an insight into what is happening please get in touch.

Miracle78

Re: Is this a miscarriage?

#2 Post by Miracle78 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:46 pm

Bea2020 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 pm
Hi, is there anybody out there who has had a similar experience? I had a FET and got a BFP - totally overwhelming and nervous as I waited for the 6 weeks scan. I was dreading the scanner saying there was nothing there.

I got to the scan and was told there was nothing to see in my womb, it was empty. It was my worst fear and I was devastated, she made me do a pregnancy test and it came back BFN. She said it could have stopped developing early on and the meds were just keeping it all going. She told me to stop taking my meds and wait for a bleed.

The bleeding started yesterday, brown spotting turning to light bleeding. Then last night I woke up in pain, like my stomach was on fire. I was in bed all morning curled up in pain with a hot water bottle. Then around midday I got a big pain managed to get to the bathroom and passed what looked like a sac - it was about 2 inches and was made of tissue and covered in blood and mucus (sorry if tmi!) then later on I passed some clear liquid and a long blood clot thing.

I’m in bed again this evening with cramps and pain, I can barely walk to go to the bathroom and feel exhausted and traumatised. I don’t know if this is a miscarriage or what because the scanner said there was nothing in my womb and the BFN. Then again I did get a BFP initially, so maybe I was pregnant for a few weeks but it didn’t develop properly so this is a delayed miscarriage. I feel angry that I was told to wait for a bleed without any information what to expect - that it might be painful- or I might pass tissue not just blood. I feel let down by the lack of support and information in this respect.

I have a call with care tomorrow - I don’t even know what to ask or where to start with questions. If there is anyone reading this who might have experience of the above or an insight into what is happening please get in touch.
Hello Bea2020

I am really sorry about your miscarriage. I know how devastating it is. Following an ivf treatment in November last year , at my 8 week scan I found I have blighted ovum. The gestational sac was empty. They had to give me a pill to have the miscarriage. Slightly different than you. I had period pain , bit stronger. But my pregnancy test was still showing BFP for 2 weeks after miscarriage.
In June , after second IVF I had a chemical, so miscarriage just a day after I saw BFP , so following day I start to have some brown spotting and test was BFN. I spoke with my clinic and they say was biochemical pregnancy.
No major pain .
Just take it easy . Speak tomorrow with your clinic but unfortunately they can’t do much .
I know how devastating can be , but we can’t really control this . Try to remain positive. Is a sign you can get pregnant!
Sending you all positive vibes !!
😘😘😘😘🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Bea2020

Re: Is this a miscarriage?

#3 Post by Bea2020 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your own experience. I didn’t think to put this in a positive light in that I shows I can get pregnant. That’s something I need to focus on - thank you for your positive vibes sending back to you too xxx 💕