Anyone trying for a sibling (2018)

For those trying for baby number 2+

Moderator: Administrator

shiru

Re: Anyone trying for a sibling (2018)

#76 Post by shiru » Fri May 31, 2019 11:25 am

Teresa how are You? I'm in my 2ww longest weeks EVER. It seems the made them longer just for me. Struggling to sleep. Hope you are okay

valentine

#77 Post by valentine » Fri May 31, 2019 8:52 pm

hi shiru, the 2ww is so hard, it never gets any easier. hang in there, keep busy only a test will tell you what's happening. although not being able to sleep was a good sign for me. I still have trouble now.

i'm 35 weeks and off work at the moment. my dd was an early arrival so I've been on high alert. I've gone past the point when dd started to make her arrival known. so now the next decision I have to make is about when to get things started as they won't let me go over 40 wks. they want to do a stretch and sweep from 38 wks and not near my edd like you would expect. my waters broke early last time and I fear that may happen again even if it is brought on by a sweep. so now I think I need to know what they plan to do medically if so required.

teresaM great news you are trying again. sorry to hear about what the clinic has done. you had your hopes set on the same donor. you need time to process that. maybe see their counsellor. I found it really helpful seeing the counsellor when dealing with donor issues and how to deal with the issues this whole process brings up.

x

shiru

#78 Post by shiru » Fri May 31, 2019 9:50 pm

Valentine it's great to catch up with you...sorry to hear you are high risk. You must be so excited to be welcoming your second little one. Is your first excited. So happy for you. Have you got everything ready? Do you want what you are having?

Although not sleeping I feel like the embie is implanting..keep feeling like there's pulling and twinge in my belly..i feel positive I'm pregnant. I've felt consumed over the last 1 weeks. Thing is after 2 weeks the next milestone is heart beat and from memory that was another difficult too many weeks..😣😣😣🙄. It's like time stops. Incidentally the clinic called me today. They were checking if I'm okay and if I've got any questions or concerns. The interesting thing is the lady that called me sounded like she was in such a hurry and was just ticking the list that she needed to call🤔.. hope you get to 38 weeks

Teresa my heart is hurting for you. I used donors and that would have torn me apart :? ..thinking of you. I don't even know what to say. My clinic has been very good to be fair..a few mistakes at the start but the 4 cycles have been relatively okay.

TeresaM

#79 Post by TeresaM » Fri May 31, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi shiru the 2ww is agonising x I hate it and I’ll be heading for my 11th 2ww next week - hoping it will be my last and I will be successfully pregnant with a healthy baby at the end x just keep yourself busy - mind occupied - and try to relax x even if you’re not sleeping relax
I’m still trying to get my head around my drama and this all seems to Have happened so quick for me! I’m blessed and what will be will be!! :)
Valentine I think my clinic start stretch and sweep at 38wks too as they don’t want you anywhere near 40wks!! Good luck with it all x
6x IUI 6 x BFN :(
1x IVF/ICSI - 24/3/14 BFP MM/C 9wks
1x frozen transfer 2/9/14 BFP and beautiful boy
2x frozen transfer 14/6/18 BFN after faint +
Starting again with ICSI - 24/5/19

shiru

#80 Post by shiru » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:15 am

Teresa
I'm sending you a medal. 11th 2ww :shock: ...you are strong and don't ever doubt it. I'm just a wimp..i think by 7th I'd be jumping off...i had iui for my first cycle but my fertility was as low as 2% but I have it a go just in case I feel in the 2%. Wasn't meant to🤔..lets hope this is it for us..🤗....the emotions invested in ivf are like nothing else in the world really..when does it all happen for You? Stay strong and yes keeping busy does help but uve honestly felt like my mind is on it all day and as long as I'm awake the thoughts appear. I even wake up in the middle of the night holding my belly 🤔😐😆

hannahk

#81 Post by hannahk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm with you... We also have a baby from previous FET and now going back for egg collection, both to freeze embryos for a sibling later and trying for baby nro 2. I'm 35 so also worried about age.
Do you feel it's harder to try again, once you have been successful? I find it creates this expectation that it will work now too.