Trying for Baby No. 2 - July 2019

For those trying for baby number 2+

Moderator: Administrator

Janeg79

Trying for Baby No. 2 - July 2019

#1 Post by Janeg79 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi there ladies and gents! Is anyone about to start trying for baby no 2? We are just waiting for our protocol and then hopefully we can start in Aug/Sept. We are a same sex couple and we had our little boy Harper Jude, who I carried, back in March 2018. We had ICSI using donor sperm. We are going to be using sibling sperm for our second try, however my Partner is going to be the one carrying this time. It would be nice to speak to people out there who are trying again. It feels just as scary as the first time and I'm sure it will be nice to chat to other people in the same situation. :D xxx

laurab4s

Re: Trying for Baby No. 2 - July 2019

#2 Post by laurab4s » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi there
🙋‍♀️ Another one over here going for number 2! We had DS from our 2nd attempt in October 2012 and the injections have started tonight 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Wishing you and your partner all the luck in the world!

Lx

Janeg79

#3 Post by Janeg79 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:52 am

Hi Laura,

I hope all is well and attempt number 2 resulted in a BFP? We are starting injections tomorrow for our sibling cycle. I am so nervous and excited all at the same time!

Jane
xxx

Lincoln99

#4 Post by Lincoln99 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi there im trying for baby number 4.. but after a failed icsi cycle last year we have now switched to CARE Sheffield to see if we are suitable for iui before going on donor egg list . Bit of a long shot but will try absolutely anything!

How did you get on jane?? And yourself laura where are you at the moment??.. hope you dont mind me asking . Be nice to speak to people going through the same things. Everything is so uncertain and so costly ! X

Lincoln99

#5 Post by Lincoln99 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Sorry laura just read that you start injections tomorrow for your little ones sibling. It is nerve wracking isnt it but so so exciting too. I would. Be all over the place lol 🙄x

laurab4s

#6 Post by laurab4s » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:59 am

Hi Jane/Lincoln99

Our 1st attempt did result in a BFP!!! We had our early scan at Care yesterday and everything is doing fine :D

Jane-Good luck to you both with starting your injections tonight. Keep me posted on how it’s going and if you need to chat keep posting

Lincoln99-Good luck on your journey too! It is so costly and uncertain but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it is worth it for you in the end

Sending you both my love and best wishes

Laura xx

Lincoln99

#7 Post by Lincoln99 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi laura, thanks for replying.. and massive congratulations to you both you must be made up. Its such a massive relief isnt it to see you little bean on that screen i think the wait for your early scan is so nerve wracking isnt it? But you made it so well done xx
Our appointment is next Thursday so feeling a bit anxious/excited now hopefully they wont put us off the iui all though dont hold out much hope that they wont lol. I am trying to be positive 🤞. I feel so scared each month that goes by that that it isn’t going to happen for us. Iam so so grateful for the children we have already but cannot shake off the burning desire to have one more child to complete our beautiful family. Please dont judge me anyone. Xx so pleased you got your bpf x

Janeg79

#8 Post by Janeg79 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:44 am

Hi Laura & Lincoln

Yay well done Laura on your BFP that's amazing. Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

It doesn't matter if you already have children (we have 1 boy) Lincoln treatment is still stressful.

So we've been doing our injections for the last 6 days and we had a scan today which was a little mixed tbh. There are 8 follicles on 1 side and 3 on the other, however there is also a growth where the best ones are (the side with 3). The doctor said the growth may stop them being able to reach the best follicles so they are going to concentrate on the other side and growing them. We have another scan booked for Thursday and they think egg collection will be Saturday. Do you think egg collection is early on day 11?

Best wished to you both and I look forward to hearing form you.

Jane xxxx

laurab4s

#9 Post by laurab4s » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi Jane

Fingers crossed for your Thursday scan. Remember a lot can happen in a few days. I don’t think day 11 is early for egg collection. That was about right for me and I was on a short protocol so you must be too?

They only managed to retrieve 5 eggs from me which they said was a little low but must be my magic number as they got 5 last time when we were lucky enough to get DS! So if they don’t get many don’t worry, it’s quality not quantity-we had another 2 survive to freeze as well as the one we had transferred.

Even one good one will give you the chance you need. I’m keeping everything crossed for you both.

Xxx

Lincoln99

#10 Post by Lincoln99 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi jane and laura , how are you both doing??.. laura how are you feeling, bet you still have to pinch yourself?!.. any sickness or anything, 🤞you dont get it, i have always been lucky in that department.
Jane I would try not to worry about them retrieving your eggs on day 11, on my last to cycles they did ec on days 11/12.. better to get the follicles whilst they are a good size than risk leaving them for too long. I only had 6 follicles in the end last time after we thought initially we had 8.. but like Laura said you only need one for you to get your little miracle. It’s horrible that everything to do with ivf is like a game of roulette!
We had our appointment at care Sheffield, really impressed with all aspects, staff lovely very caring and supportive and fantastic consultant . But unfortunately we have been adviced against iui or ivf (with our own eggs).. due to age related poor quality eggs.. absolutely gutted, knew it was a long shot but wanted to edge our bets.. cried all the way home on the train 😞.. consultant said we would be best off saving our money for a donor egg. He did say i was still young enough and healthy enough to be pregnant although the chances naturally are only 5%.. we both feel a donor egg is are only chance, and im more than happy to go down that road as is my partner. The financial cost is the issue at the moment so we have put a plan in place to as much as we can as and when. It may take 18 mth to 2 years realistically worst case senario. 😢.. obviously will keep trying naturally too but I just don’t think it will happen now. Sorry to go on xx

Lincoln99

#11 Post by Lincoln99 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Sorry forgot to say good jane thinking of you let us know how your ec goes and laura let us know how your getting on xx

Lincoln99

#12 Post by Lincoln99 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi jane how are you? How did your ec go hope your feeling ok and not to sore today, fingers crossed that it all went to plan 🤞x

Janeg79

#13 Post by Janeg79 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:48 am

Hi Ladies,

So egg collection wasn't great. They founds lots of cysts and only managed to get 5 eggs of which 2 fertilised. We are just waiting for the call this morning to make sure they survived to day 2. I think they will possibly do the transfer tomorrow (day 3) with the best embryo.

Sorry to hear your news Lincoln but at least there is still a chance. Just a thought my friend had IVF with an egg donar in Greece and it was a third of the cost. She paid 5.5k all in and now has a beautiful daughter and 2 frozen embryos ready and waiting for her which is included in the price. Would you like me to get more information from her about the clinic over there? I think she dealt with an agent over here that sorted it all out for her and it was all super quick.

Jane xxx

laurab4s

#14 Post by laurab4s » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi Ladies

Mixed news for you both but while there’s hope there is a chance!

Lincoln-Sorry to hear IVF/ICSI isn’t the best option for you but try to concentrate on the positives, you’re young enough and healthy enough to carry a baby so egg donation sounds the right option for you. I hope you manage to save what you need soon and wishing you all the luck in the world with your treatment when you get there

Jane-fingers crossed for those little embryos, I really hope they’ve survived and are maturing nicely ready for your ET. Remember quality not quantity! My fingers and toes are crossed for you both too.

I’m doing fine. 10 weeks now and our 12 week scan is booked for a fortnight today. No sickness at all! Feeling very happy and grateful to be in this position. I know there’s a long way to go so we’re taking it a day at a time

Take care both of you and keep us updated with your stories