Wanting number 2

For those trying for baby number 2+

Moderator: Administrator

Jasper1

Wanting number 2

#1 Post by Jasper1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m Jasper and have been a member of the board for a long time and used it when I was trying for a baby before. After seven long years I finally had a little girl.

I am absolutely desperate for another baby and it’s becoming all consuming a bit like it did when I was trying for the first miracle. I know I’m truly blessed to have her but I always wanted a big family. I feel like I’m right at the start of the fight all over again.

I can not get pregnant naturally and never have. I’ve been told my eggs are rubbish. I have endo too and suffer from horrendous period pain so I have to be in the pill to control them. This means trying naturally is off the agenda even if my eggs were ok!

I’ve had two tries since my little girl was born and both failed. I’m in the very difficult position of having no way of saving for treatment as I currently work part time. Funding day to day living is tricky enough and there’s just no spare money to save.

Basically I’m desperate for number two but there’s no way I can even save to start trying again until I return to work full time in two years time. I’m struggling with being so out of control of things and wondered if anyone else is in a similar position.

My friends are all on their second or third babies and some and currently having their first naturally. I’m delighted for them all but back to feeling why can’t it be me. I’ve even started entering money competitions on the radio in case I win. Crazy!

How do other people cope? Secondary infertility or whatever it’s called is just as horrible as the first time!! Xx
Ivf one march 2013 BFN
Ivf two July 2013 BFN
Ivf three Sept 2014 all destroyed
Ivf four Oct 2015 BFP...CP
Ivf five April 2016 BFN
Ivf six Aug 2016 off to Czech! BFN
Ivf seven Dec 2016 BFP!!! Miracles happen!
Ivf eight and nine BFN

Baby2

Re: Wanting number 2

#2 Post by Baby2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:49 am

Trying for second baby here too. I see there was success above from the signature. Always like a happy story. Is there anyone else struggling with secondary infertility?
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN
•ICSI Success BFP 👶🏼 Our true blessing!

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN
•IUIs x3 BFNS / Biochemicals
•ICSI Long Protocol- Sept 2020 at Care - BFN + None to freeze
•Next steps - Multi-cycle round 2 tbc.

Jasper1

#3 Post by Jasper1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi! Sorry I didn’t get a reply notification!

Yes success here eventually. We had our little girl in August 2017 so she’s just turned 3. I love her beyond words but I’m still desperate for another. I want a baby for me but also so she has a sibling. It’s hard isn’t it.

I see you also have had success too. Have you got plans to try again?
Ivf one march 2013 BFN
Ivf two July 2013 BFN
Ivf three Sept 2014 all destroyed
Ivf four Oct 2015 BFP...CP
Ivf five April 2016 BFN
Ivf six Aug 2016 off to Czech! BFN
Ivf seven Dec 2016 BFP!!! Miracles happen!
Ivf eight and nine BFN

Baby2

#4 Post by Baby2 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi Jasper1

Congrats on your daughter. :) Yes I had my son in 2012 via a second ICSI treatment. Lots of tries in between without any joy.
I’ve just recently joined Care but had a BFN last week. I wasn’t even upset this time but more so annoyed. How our emotions take us. I feel frustrated that it is such a task for us but easy for others. However absorbed myself in work and focussing on child but like you I want him to have his sibling and there is that personal human desire of wanting another. I hope to try again soon I have a consultation booked end of the month so hoping the dr can offer some steps to help.
How are you getting on? Trying naturally or going for a treatment option?
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN
•ICSI Success BFP 👶🏼 Our true blessing!

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN
•IUIs x3 BFNS / Biochemicals
•ICSI Long Protocol- Sept 2020 at Care - BFN + None to freeze
•Next steps - Multi-cycle round 2 tbc.