Autumn 2019 Babies

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies and children.

Moderator: Administrator

Liaka2

Re: Autumn 2019 Babies

#76 Post by Liaka2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:36 am

That’s really exciting Jo! Good luck with it all! That must mean you can stop the pessiarys soon to?! I’ve been told I can stop all meds at 12 weeks which I’m really looking forward to as the blood thinner injections I’m on are really painful, feels like the needles are blunt...or maybe my belly is just going hard from repetitive injecting ... I unlike you have had such mild morning sickness, some times I don’t get any at all which I no I should be so thankful for but it’s really hard not to think somethings wrong. Hard when it’s taken so long to get this far to keep the possitive mental attitude, still not long behind you, hope all goes well today, will be thinking of you.

ML18

#77 Post by ML18 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:45 pm

Jo1984 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:24 am
ML18 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Thanks Jo for the tips, now that the weather is getting better will definitely be getting outside more. How have you been feeling?
Still sick but the cyclizine tablets from the hospital are keeping it at bay and I am able to eat! Got a scan today as I’m 12 weeks. It’s a private one because my NHS one is at 13+6 and we want to tell family over Easter and have reassurance and a picture! Got the pre-scan nerves right now which is adding to my nausea. I was so very very unwell 2 weeks ago I am worried about the baby. I’m not bleeding though and I know medically my body will prioritise baby over me, but I’ll be glad of the reassurance today for sure! Becoming harder to keep it secret - I have a small bump in my Lycra running gear already so wearing a really baggy running jacket, and shows how much your body stretches and doesn’t recover first time! I don’t mind though as I’m hoping a bump = baby is growing ok!!!
Hope you got good scan pics today, it is so amazing to see the tiny baby growing inside you, am totally in awe of it all. I keep wearing baggy jumpers to hide my bump, don't think I'm showing much at the mo, i think i just look really bloated lol. Glad that your medication has helped with your sickness, can't imagine how poorly you have been feeling.

Hope13

#78 Post by Hope13 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 am

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice.
I missed my progynova tablets last night, I'm on 2 tablets, twice a day. I've taken my normal dose this morning. Is this really going to mess things up?
I got my positive test last weekend so I think I'm only about 5 weeks, so really early days. Really hope I've not jeopardised it now :|

Jo1984

#79 Post by Jo1984 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:04 am

Saw baby kicking around which was lovely - pictures are quite low resolution which is a shame but it’s clearly baby! The video I took on my phone is actually better 😂. Feeling very nervous about telling family now - I’ve enjoyed no one knowing...
ICSI cycle started 25/12/16
ET 02/02/17 - BFP! DS born 21/10/17 :D
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

Jo1984

#80 Post by Jo1984 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:06 am

Hope13 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 am
Hi all,

I missed my progynova tablets last night, I'm on 2 tablets, twice a day. I've taken my normal dose this morning. Is this really going to mess things up?
I got my positive test last weekend so I think I'm only about 5 weeks, so really early days. Really hope I've not jeopardised it now :|
Sorry for slow response Hope, you will he totally fine. I missed a dose around that time as well it just means your levels drop a little lower but the next dose starts to catch you back up. I missed a progesterone too which scared me a lot more tbh, and towards the end of my 12 weeks I got really scatty about it 🤦🏼‍♀️. It will be fine :)
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

Hope13

#81 Post by Hope13 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:04 pm

Jo1984 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:06 am
Hope13 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 am
Hi all,

Sorry for slow response Hope, you will he totally fine. I missed a dose around that time as well it just means your levels drop a little lower but the next dose starts to catch you back up. I missed a progesterone too which scared me a lot more tbh, and towards the end of my 12 weeks I got really scatty about it 🤦🏼‍♀️. It will be fine :)
Thanks Jo, hopefully it will be fine. Keeping everything crossed x

Jo1984

#82 Post by Jo1984 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 pm

Well, we told our family. Husband’s parents happy... my mum? Really cross I didn’t tell her. I’ve really hurt her and it’s left me feeling super down about everything. I was already struggling with the fact the embryo took when we had been told not a chance (multiple times) and I’ll be honest, I wasn’t ready after having my son not 18 months ago. I feel really horrible to be feeling negative about a pregnancy because I know so so so many people are desperate, and I’m not really negative about it, I’m more just tired of feeling like everything I do is wrong. I’m always upsetting someone and I’m so exhausted. Sorry, just needed to vent 😢
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

ML18

#83 Post by ML18 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:00 am

Jo1984 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 pm
Well, we told our family. Husband’s parents happy... my mum? Really cross I didn’t tell her. I’ve really hurt her and it’s left me feeling super down about everything. I was already struggling with the fact the embryo took when we had been told not a chance (multiple times) and I’ll be honest, I wasn’t ready after having my son not 18 months ago. I feel really horrible to be feeling negative about a pregnancy because I know so so so many people are desperate, and I’m not really negative about it, I’m more just tired of feeling like everything I do is wrong. I’m always upsetting someone and I’m so exhausted. Sorry, just needed to vent 😢
I'm sorry Jo that your mum reacted that way, try not to let it get you down, you have to think about yourself and your little one growing inside. I hope your mum comes round to it soon once it sinks in and you shouldn't feel like everything you do is wrong, screw everyone else! Be selfish and look after you and enjoy your pregnancy. I was really worried about how people at work would react to me being pregnant as previously pregnant women haven't had a good reputation because 3 women really took advantage of their situation and caused problems and it had a really negative impact on the work environment. But I thought sod it, it's taken nearly 4 years for this to happen and I don't care what they think, I'm nothing like the 3 women who used to work at my place. Thankfully everyone at work has been really nice and supportive and I don't worry now particularly as people were surprised I was already at 4 months and they hadn't suspected anything as I have been lucky that I've not had nausea to try and hide.
Take care of yourself, don't let the negativity get you down.x

MrsF1988

#84 Post by MrsF1988 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 am

Jo1984 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 pm
I’m sorry this has happened, but you really need to know that you’ve done absolutely nothing wrong. Lots of women don’t tell anyone other than their partners until 12 weeks and that is TOTALLY acceptable. Nobody has a right to know anything about your body and your pregnancy until you’re ready to tell them, just because she’s your mum doesn’t mean she gets to react this way and make you feel bad! It’s sadly a very selfish thing for her to do and I hope she reflects and apologises to you for spoiling what should have been a lovely surprise for her and other family members.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I just think as a mum you should on certain occasions put your own feelings to one side - and this is one of them! You shouldn’t be feeling sad about something like this and especially after everything you’ve been through to get to that 12 week point. It should have been a happy experience to tell your mum and I’m sorry it’s been spoiled for you - but it’s not your fault whatsoever x
3 x gorgeous stepkids courtesy of Mr F
December 2018 - first attempt IVF/ICSI - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 onboard, 1 in the freezer... BFP 😊

Jo1984

#85 Post by Jo1984 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:05 pm

I’m ok now, was just overwhelming! Sorry for the vent!
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

Newbie88

#86 Post by Newbie88 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:34 pm

How are you all getting on ladies? :) xx

Jo1984

#87 Post by Jo1984 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:12 am

Newbie88 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:34 pm
How are you all getting on ladies? :) xx
16+2 now and got a really tiny bump. I am surprised I didn’t show earlier as second pregnancies usually do apparently but nope lol. I’ve been able to feel the baby moving for about a week, just little bubbly movements and one more substantial jolt. That’s strange for me as last time my placenta was on the front so I didn’t really feel much all pregnancy!

I’ve told work and they’ve been much more supportive than the last time (which wouldn’t be hard). Advert is out for my maternity cover so we’ll see how that goes! Sickness and nausea is much reduced, I’m off the cyclizine so I feel less like I’ve been hit over the head with a brick as well. I’ve managed to do a couple of runs and back to around my usual parkrun time on Saturday which was lovely!

Moving house in the next few weeks (waiting for a completion date) and a bit stressed about that. It’s a bit of a ‘project’ house. Liveable in but in need of a LOT of decoration. This scares me a bit but we’ll be ok and the space upgrade is phenomenal!

How’s everyone else? When are people’s due dates? Mine’s 25th October :)
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

veronimo

#88 Post by veronimo » Wed May 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi Jo, I’m glad you are ok and baby is happy and bouncing around. So lucky to experience it so early. Are you going to wait to 20weeks to find out the sex or you want to be a surprise?
Take it easy with the house move it is a hard job, i’m struggling to get to the top of my house sometimes.
I will be 16 weeks tomorrow and can’t wait to be able to feel the flutters and kicks and also to find out the sex. I have a midwife appointment next week and i’m sure she will mention vaccines again as she did at 12 weeks. I’m not sure if it’s the right thing to do there is so many controversial opinions online and it’s scary to think what can happen if i decide to go for it or what could happen if i don’t.
Ladies what are your options and experience with previous pregnancy? Would you do the flu jab as well as the whooping cough one?

Jo1984

#89 Post by Jo1984 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm

veronimo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:31 pm
Hi Jo, I’m glad you are ok and baby is happy and bouncing around. So lucky to experience it so early. Are you going to wait to 20weeks to find out the sex or you want to be a surprise?
Take it easy with the house move it is a hard job, i’m struggling to get to the top of my house sometimes.
I will be 16 weeks tomorrow and can’t wait to be able to feel the flutters and kicks and also to find out the sex. I have a midwife appointment next week and i’m sure she will mention vaccines again as she did at 12 weeks. I’m not sure if it’s the right thing to do there is so many controversial opinions online and it’s scary to think what can happen if i decide to go for it or what could happen if i don’t.
Ladies what are your options and experience with previous pregnancy? Would you do the flu jab as well as the whooping cough one?
Hi Veronimo: no we’ll have a surprise at the birth again :) fun that way, but I do see the advantages to finding out in terms of planning!

Absolutely 100% get the vaccinations, and get everything you can for baby when they are born. The ‘conflicting evidence’ is written by non-scientists and a lot of it comes from the deep conservative religious area of America. Vaccination saves millions of lives and is so important for protecting you and your child. I’ve done every jab, and will continue to do so for all my children. There aren’t really any dangers to most most people, and even the absolutely tiny majority of people who have some sort of reaction are protected from these fatal diseases. Measles etc can cause life changing damage or even kill. Please get you and your baby vaccinated xxxx
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!

veronimo

#90 Post by veronimo » Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 am

Hi Jo, thank you for your message. I’ve been doing my research on the vaccine subject and so far i don’t think i will be going ahead. Here’s my reasons - i personally haven’t had any vaccines since i was a child, i don’t get flu and i actually know people that get ill more often after they had flu jabs. I know it is a risk but i don’t believe it’s completely save to do vaccines while pregnant, there is risks in that too although they say there is no evidence. They can not test on pregnat women and there is a reason why medicines are not given to pregnant women. Surely there is got to be a way to get vaccinated once baby is born.

Jo1984

#91 Post by Jo1984 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:38 am

veronimo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 am
Hi Jo, thank you for your message. I’ve been doing my research on the vaccine subject and so far i don’t think i will be going ahead. Here’s my reasons - i personally haven’t had any vaccines since i was a child, i don’t get flu and i actually know people that get ill more often after they had flu jabs. I know it is a risk but i don’t believe it’s completely save to do vaccines while pregnant, there is risks in that too although they say there is no evidence. They can not test on pregnat women and there is a reason why medicines are not given to pregnant women. Surely there is got to be a way to get vaccinated once baby is born.
It is, absolutely, your choice :) I am a huge advocate for people having freedom of choice over their own bodies! Have a read here if you haven't found this site already: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy ... -pregnant/

It is possible for the baby to be vaccinated - once they reach 8 weeks. The vaccine in pregnancy minimises the risk of the disease in the first 8 weeks, after that baby can be protected by their own vaccinations :)

I suppose everything is a balance of risk - I thought you were asking whether or not to get the vaccinations for your baby once they arrive! Sorry if I came across rather insistent; as a scientist I get supremely frustrated by social media claims that have no scientific evidence, or that skew the risk chances to cause more harm. The anti-vaccination movement in the US scares me...
FET 06/02/19 - BFP!