Anyone else on the waiting list to receive donor eggs?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in egg donation or egg sharing. Warning!!! please remember confidentiality at all times.

Moderator: Administrator

Ljcindie

Re: Anyone else on the waiting list to receive donor eggs?

#51 Post by Ljcindie » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Bit of a spanner in the works today 😩. I’ve got a follicle cyst on my ovary so I haven’t down regulated properly. This happened to me on my last OE cycle. I’ve had to take a trigger injection today and hope that it will release the follicle etc. I’m worried the buserelin isn’t working properly now! I obviously don’t seem to respond very well to down regulation. Anyone else ever had this problem?

X

MommyKenny

#52 Post by MommyKenny » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:18 am

Sorry to hear that, I hope things will get better soon.

Myra11

#53 Post by Myra11 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Any news Ljcindie, hope it gets sorted for you very soon!

Ljcindie

#54 Post by Ljcindie » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:34 pm

No, I had an injection of hcg on Tuesday which is supposed to induce ovulation and another bleed but no sign of anything yet... not sure how long I wait until nothing is happening. I think of nothing happens from this point on, the cycle may get cancelled, but I’m not sure. I’ll have to wait it out and see. Quite frustrating when I’m all geared up and now it might not happen!

Thanks for asking x

Dee3008

#55 Post by Dee3008 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:41 am

Ljcindie, I hope everything happens as it should for you over this weekend and you can continue with your cycle. Dee x

Myra11

#56 Post by Myra11 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 am

Hi ladies, just wondered if you have taken extra supplements (apart from the usual prenatal etc) or done any treatments to help prepare you for ivf. I want to do the best I can to improve our chances that this will work!
I’ve ordered Zita West ivf diet book, I’ve had fertility acupuncture in the past and keep wondering whether to start this up again. Fiancé hasn’t got sperm issue but got him on conceive plus vitamin, he takes extra vitamin c and zinc. He has recently stopped doing shift work (coincidence at this time) and doing ‘normal’ day shifts so I’m cooking us both proper healthy dinners, as on shift his diet wasn’t great.
I’ve decided i will cut out my beloved wine at the weekends, and switch to decaf tea/coffee.
Just curious if any of you have made changes for treatment x

Dee3008

#57 Post by Dee3008 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:21 am

Hi Myra, I have just taken the normal prenatal vitamins and am trying to eat as healthy as possible and exercise. I did take an extra supplement when I did my last OE round of ivf which got us the best results so far but as we are using DE this time I don’t see it necessary. I’ve not read up about supplements to help implantation etc but probably should really. Dee x

Ljcindie

#58 Post by Ljcindie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:13 pm

I’ve just taken standard pregnancy vitamins (I think Asda brand) and my husband has been taking Condensyl tablets - they’re quite expensive bit they’re meant to reduce incidences or sperm DNA fragmentation. On my first OE cycle I did acupuncture and the cycle didn’t work at all, so I’m not really under the belief that it actually does anything.

So other than eating healthily- fruit/veg, nuts, smoothies etc. And trying to walk the dog every day, I’m not doing a huge amount differently. I heard pomegranate juice is meant to help with the lining and I might try some fertility yoga on YouTube (that’s if I actually get to that stage! 😩)

X

Dee3008

#59 Post by Dee3008 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Ljcindie is your cycle still ok to go on? When is your next scan to find out how things are progressing? Xxx

Ljcindie

#60 Post by Ljcindie » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:26 pm

I’ve got to wait probably about another week as I should have another withdrawal bleed by then and then hopefully after that, we’ll be okay to continue. I spoke to them on the phone and they reassured me that everything should still be okay with the cycle, it’s just putting everything on hold for now. So fingers crossed it won’t have any negative effects and that things will go as they should after this. Just difficult waiting for so long... coming up to 5 weeks on buserelin!! when will you start your treatment, is it after Christmas now? X

Dee3008

#61 Post by Dee3008 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Five weeks is a long time on buserelin, I feel for you!

We were due to start in January but have now been moved to February unfortunately. I was a bit disappointed but hopefully Christmas will make time go faster.

I hope everything goes ok for you and you have a successful cycle. Keep us informed how you’re doing. Dee x