Any advice?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in egg donation or egg sharing. Warning!!! please remember confidentiality at all times.

Moderator: Administrator

Applecart

Any advice?

#1 Post by Applecart » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi,

My husband and I think we are going to go down the fresh donor route for treatment so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for what we can start doing to help (diet, supplements etc, alternative therapies etc) when we are matched and can start treatment?

Thank you

xx

Luckybabe37

Re: Any advice?

#2 Post by Luckybabe37 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:21 am

I have done this and now my little boy is 5 weeks old, tbh not a lot you can do it’s down to ur body and nature ice the egg is Bk in. All this about food to eat and tablets to take don’t make no difference it’s just luck and ya body. All I did was take pregna care vitamins that it I ate junk takeaways and it stil worked it all comes down to quality of egg my egg was too grade it cud not get no better! I also have 4 frozen. This was my 4 th cycle but 1st attempt with donor at care I had 3 failed cycles with own eggs x

SLM

#3 Post by SLM » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 am

I think everyone is going to have a different opinion on this. I’m inclined to beat myself up if things don’t work so I wanted to give myself nothing to feel guilty about. I gave up alcohol 3 months before, did prenatal vitamins, ate a healthy balanced diet (with the odd takeaway obviously- I’m not a saint!) and I would definitely recommend fertility acupuncture - 3 sessions (including day of transfer) - developed a much better lining than last time (failed) without it and it’s really relaxing.

One thing I personally would do differently if I had another donor cycle - I would get them to freeze everything and have a FET (frozen embryo transfer) when the time is right for my body, rather than trying to sync with the donors (and poss someone else’s) cycle to do a fresh transfer. I’ve done it twice and I’m always ready way before they are and it didn’t work with either. Had my boy from a FET and just had another FET - fingers crossed!

Good luck. This is a tough process and you’re gonna find strength that you never even knew you had, but it’s so so worth it. SLM x

Applecart

#4 Post by Applecart » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:08 am

Thank you both for your replies.

SLM, I’m similar to you. I don’t want to be thinking I wish I had done this etc. That’s a really interesting point about the freezing. Makes sense to get ready in your own time doesn’t it.

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you and a positive result!

Teddybears2017

#5 Post by Teddybears2017 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi just to add my ten cents worth, I too at first never took much notice in my diet etc when I had my first ivf Donor transfer, but when I got my BFN my gods that was a kick in the gut. From then onwards I said I would try ANYTHING just to make sure I gave it 100%. I bought the Zita West books and read all what good etc. When I went for my second and Third transfer I was eating the right foods. No burnt, roasted food. No diet stuff just good wholesome foods. NO ALCOHOL in ANY PRODUCTS I use on my body eg deodorant. And I do NOT USE ANY household products with toxins. Just natural plant based. I take Pregnacare before conception tablet. Eat 3 Brazil nuts daily and pomegranate juice and good old plane water LOADS.. . I tried to eat/drink beetroot but YUCK CANNOT DO IT.. I tired acupuncture but it never worked for me, to be honest it spun my body out. As the ladies said above we all have our ways but your in it to win it so look around for helpful information from ivf books, online apps, youtube etc and before you know it you found your balance. I had my little girl who just turned 1 on my 3rd go and im trying again hopefully soon fingers crossed. Xxx ps I too felt better having FET more than FRESH but keep an open mind to what your clinc offer you at the time and with this virus going around, time may NOT always be on our sides so timing also the key :-)
Me 46
Partner 46
IVF#1 FEB 2018 DONOR FRESH=BFN :(
Changed Clinic
IVF#1 OCT 2018 DONOR FET=BFN :(
IVF#2 NOV 2018 DONOR FET=BFP :D

Teddybears2017

#6 Post by Teddybears2017 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Ps also forgot to say my partner also joined me on the healthy eating plan and took the mens vit for healthy sperm. He also stopped smoking so we changed A LOT to gain A LOT to get our BFP and our little girl :-)
Me 46
Partner 46
IVF#1 FEB 2018 DONOR FRESH=BFN :(
Changed Clinic
IVF#1 OCT 2018 DONOR FET=BFN :(
IVF#2 NOV 2018 DONOR FET=BFP :D