New to IVF and wanted to see if anyone else is new or waiting to be matched

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in egg donation or egg sharing. Warning!!! please remember confidentiality at all times.

Moderator: Administrator

Tony11

Re: New to IVF and wanted to see if anyone else is new or waiting to be matched

#176 Post by Tony11 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:07 am

Thank you smudge 😘😘

I will have a look on their website thank you. Did you have any counselling and if so did you feel it helped?

Keep me up to date with what’s happening with you!!

Lots of love to you xxx

Smudge75

#177 Post by Smudge75 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Sorry Tony, I didnt realise I hadnt responded to your last message.

I had a counselling session after our last IVF attempt, it was dreadful. I've never had counselling before, didnt really know what to expect, I thought I would walk out walking on air, feeling better and cured. She started with what do you want to talk about? erm I dont know, how does this usually go, arent you supposed to coax this stuff out of me while I lay on a couch or something (thats what they do in the films right!).

However, dont let that put you off, with Care if you are using donor eggs you have to have a counselling session first, she was so lovely and put you at ease, I felt I could really open up to her and started to, even getting upset but my husband cut across me, not intentionally, I think he was trying to diffuse my tears but it made me realise its something I need. If we get a BFN on Monday I will 100% be making an appointment.

Hope you're doing ok xx
02.08.16 BFP = miscarried
09.10.17 BFP = chemical
12.11.17 Natural IVF#1 = cancelled
03.12.17 Natural IVF#2 = cancelled
13.02.18 Natural IVF#3 = cancelled
15.04.18 BFP = miscarried
13.08.18 BFP = miscarried
01.08.20 ICSI with CARE - BFP 😍

Tony11

#178 Post by Tony11 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi Smudge

I totally get what you mean and Iv heard so many people say that counselling always depends on the person giving it!

Gosh is your two weeks up on Monday, that seems quick!! How have you got on with it? How do you feel?

I hope to god this is it for you, you so deserve it!!!

I’m doing ok had bad day Tuesday but had scan and bloods yesterday so feel back on the wheel again!

Hope you’re ok xxx

Tony11

#179 Post by Tony11 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi Smudge

How are you? Have you done a test yet?

Sending lots of love xxxx

Smudge75

#180 Post by Smudge75 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi Tony,

How are you doing?

My test was positive, all feels like a dream still at the moment.

I know you were having bloods and a scan to get going again, hope you feel better with the new company, I wish you all the very best, keep in touch, I’d love to know how you get on xxx
09.10.17 BFP = chemical

Tony11

#181 Post by Tony11 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:54 pm

Oh darling I’m so happy for you ❤️😍❤️😍

Such lovely news!! I bet you’re both over the moon!!

It’s a couple who have been through ivf and eventually had two children and started their own agency to help others. They work with a clinic in Brno.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on 😘😘

Smudge75

#182 Post by Smudge75 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:41 am

Morning Tony

I stumbled across your new IVF agency while calculating my due date, looks good and promising. How exciting to get going again :)

xx
09.10.17 BFP = chemical

Tony11

#183 Post by Tony11 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:49 am

Morning Smudge

Yes they have been very thorough so far and when we go to clinics for tests, the clinics do praise them! My husband getting his semen tested again today. For some reason even just having tests feels like you’re moving on!

Hope you’re doing well and feeling good lovely xxxx

Rachyboo

#184 Post by Rachyboo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in. Ive read most of your posts and can see your still cycling. Im thinking of cycling again with CARE Manchester! Abit of history about me we did 3 x IUI all BFN, 2 x IVF with OE didn't make it to transfer because of poor quality eggs. This came as a great shock because all my pre IVF tests were good and i was only 30. I accepted it pretty quickly because i was just so desperate to be a mum. We got matched pretty quickly and went with an egg share cycle. That cycle we were given 4 eggs and only 2 fertilised. We had the 2 put back but it failed. We went again and got matched with a different donor ( massive twist of fate on how we got matched with the donor but that's another story) and it was the best cycle we ever did. She gave us 5 blastocysts!! We were obviously ecstatic but with our long history we decided to put 2 back which ended in a chemical. On our next cycle CARE allowed us to do an immune cycle with steroids and intralipids without having the test to check for NK killer cells and we were finally successful. We now have an amazing little girl who is nearly 4. We have decided on trying for a sibling for her however Care are unwilling to do the immune cycle without having the test due to covid. Im currently on the waiting list for the test. I guess my question is would you try again with the embryos i have left which is 2. Ive had my consultation with Dr Joy and she says i absolutely should as they are good grades. They are a hatching 2/2 - my daughter was the same grade and a hatching 2/3. Im just abit worried that because i didn't have the immune drugs on my chemical, that's why it was a chemical so in theory the embryos i have left won't be any good? My other option is to start again fresh but my daughter and sibling will only be half siblings. Help, what would you do? Really sorry for the long post and thanks if you got to the end. X

Rachyboo

#185 Post by Rachyboo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Tony,

I also forgot to ask how are you doing with your treatment? Ive looked into my IVF journey and going to the clinic they use. Ive heard good things about that clinic, quite a few friends of friends have been successful there. How do you find having treatment abroad? Is it abit of a nightmare? If i was to start again, i would have reatment abroad because i would want to give myself more goes at it with how long it took to get my daughter X

Tony11

#186 Post by Tony11 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi Rachyboo

Of course I don’t mind you jumping in... lovely to meet you!

I don’t know what the immune test is sorry? Did the clinic suggest it for you?
Me personally I’d give the frozen embryos a go as they’re there ready for you but how much do care charge for frozen embryos to be transferred?
Yes I would recommend going abroad I don’t know anyone who has ever said they have preferred the uk once done it abroad but I suppose everyone is different and some may find it daunting but we did it on our own last time and had to work everything out ourselves (how to get there, where to stay, transfers, medication) but ivf journey help so much they tell you everything and no barrier to understanding anything! They make you feel so much at ease! The wait for donor is the reason we went abroad as it was quick and being that bit older I didn’t want to wait because who knows how many times you’re going to have to do it so time isn’t on our side!!
My reason for choosing this clinic in Brno is because when I was in hospital having my miscarriage on my own due to Covid the nurses obviously feel for you having nobody there they sent a nurse to me who had had a baby with this clinic and she was pregnant again and so she was reassuring me and telling me someone recommended this clinic to her and everyone who had been recommended to them had been successful and then we decided that was a bit of fate speaking to her and looked into them and found ivf journey who speak so very highly of this clinic who were also successful twice. If you decide to go abroad I would definitely recommend them.

I hope I have helped you... this process is a horrible journey and nobody understands the hardship unless been through it so I get how you feel and here if you need any help at all about anything ask away I will answer anything!!

Hope you are ok and not stressing about it all xxx

Tony11

#187 Post by Tony11 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Dear Teddybears

I have just noticed you had messaged me after my loss and having my head up my ass I had totally read wrong and crossed wires with my reply!!! So sorry 🙈

I did ask where in the country you are but crossed it with smudges reply 🙈 so sorry and thank you so much for you message and wondering if I was ok!!!

Do hope you see this message feel so rude, just goes to show where my head was!!!

How are you?? What’s happening with you??
Xxxx