FROZEN EGG BANK

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in egg donation or egg sharing. Warning!!! please remember confidentiality at all times.

Moderator: Administrator

Lukepriest

Re: FROZEN EGG BANK

#1201 Post by Lukepriest » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Hey everyone! Our 20 week scan today went really well. Everything looked perfect so over the moon with that. How’s everyone doing?

Louise our surrogate is really feeling movement now and her partner also felt it last night too. Our surrogate is still sick everyday so has lost all hope that it’s going to ease tbh. Louise did they tell you what little man was measuring on the precentile? Hope the iron infusion gives you your energy back!

Love to you all 🥰

Louise007

#1202 Post by Louise007 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:39 pm

That’s fantastic news Luke! Did you all get to go in? No I don’t think they did I’ll have a look in my green notes I know natalie was on the 5th did you get told? I go for growth scans so maybe then they will advise ? Your poor poor surrogate still being so sick I really feel sorry for her !

Amanda how’s things going? How you feeling ? Hope your doing well x

Ceejay hope your doing well after your little scare and are feeling better !

We are going to book for a 4d scan at 28 weeks we did with Our daughter so want to with little man too so on count down to that !! Xx

ajzlucas

#1203 Post by ajzlucas » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:41 pm

Great news about your 20 week scan Luke! Your poor surrogate still being sick!

Ceejay I hope you are ok?

Louise how are you doing? Feeling lots of movement now I guess?

Well I had my lining scan today. It was the lovely nurse who was with me for the bad news last time (Bev). I think she was relieved to see me not crying my eyes out lol.
Scan went really well, my lining was the best it’s ever been! 12-13mm!! Nurse said that was great and hopefully this is the time! 🤞 I’m sure they say that all the time but it has made me a little more excited to start.
Transfer day is next Friday 16th!

Louise007

#1204 Post by Louise007 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:12 pm

Amanda I love Bev ❤️ She’s so lovely and yeah for that lovely fluffy lining too I’m so excited for you ! Next Friday and you will be PUPO how exciting !! Is hubby allowed to go in with you next Friday ? X

Yes lots of movement now and can’t believe I’m 23 weeks crazy how time has flown by !

Ceejay hope your doing ok? When do you find out 💗💙 x

Luke hope your doing well and surrogate ajd you guys are buying and getting excited x

CeeJayPea

#1205 Post by CeeJayPea » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:04 am

Ahhhh Amanda that's fab news! I was trying to remember when you were going in for your scan. Ooo next Friday is going to be here before you know it! 💚

I'm doing okay, last day at work today for a week - am very much needing the break. Have had terrible sickness this last week. Can't seem to keep anything substantial down and head is killing me. Midwife thinks it's an iron deficiency so picked up my extra drugs yesterday and fingers crossed they do the trick. It's just so weird how it's come out of no where this last week. Anyway, keeping fingers crossed the new tablets plus the break will help things along.

We have our private scan on Wednesday evening. Will be the first one hubby has been to - he's beyond excited. Hoping we get to hear the heartbeat and find out 💙💖 I'm still leaning towards 💖 but my friends are 50/50 and hubby refuses to guess.

Louise how was the iron infusion? Has it given you some energy back? Can't believe you're 23 weeks already, really doesn't feel that long ago you were going for your dating scan. Is the 4D scan a private thing? I take it, it's done differently to a normal US?

Luke how's things your end? Have you been buying loads? Hope your surrogate is starting to feel better. Is it affecting her at work a lot? Mine this week has totally screwed me at work and I've only had to deal with it for 1 week. Feel so sorry for your surrogate. Have you been able to feel the baby move yet or is it a bit early for that still?

Cx

Lukepriest

#1206 Post by Lukepriest » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:51 pm

Amazing news about your lining Amanda. Got everything crossed for you for next Friday! Hopefully your husband can go in with you! So glad you’re a little excited!

Louise how have you been feeling? 23 weeks already how fast has that gone!! Have you bought much yet? How did your iron infusion go?

Oh Ceejay sorry you’ve been feeling so sick this last week hopefully it eases for you soon 😖 how excited must you be for next Wednesday! Let us know Wednesday!! Our surrogate is doing well, she’s starting to show now and said yesterday when she felt little lady move she saw her belly move too. She’s hardly sleeping at the moment as she’s up constantly in the night for the toilet and last night said he calf kept cramping! x

Louise007

#1207 Post by Louise007 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:01 pm

Oh Ceejay bet you can’t wait for Wednesday and hubby too can’t wait to find out ! Exciting ! Hope the tablets help I honestly feel brand new after my infusion and am not shattered all the time and I had bad headaches too ! Yes I’m booking in for a 4d scan private ajd going to do that at 28 weeks can’t wait!

Luke - actually do have a bump now little but it’s a bump ! Iron infusion made me feel so much better less shattered and less headaches ! How are you guys doing? How’s your surrogate doing? Will you be booking in for a 4d scan?

Amanda - how you feeling about this week? Bet your wishing your time away until Friday hey ! Eeek not long now hun keep us posted xx

Louise007

#1208 Post by Louise007 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:55 pm

Ceejay dying to know 💗💙 eeek 🥰

Amanda good look for tomorrow too huni keep us posted !

Luke hope your ok ans all doing well

6 months today for me 😱 crazy hey ! Xx

ajzlucas

#1209 Post by ajzlucas » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:16 am

Yeah we are dying to know ceejay!!

6 months Louise! Wow!

Hope you are well Luke?

Well here goes, I’m on my way guys. 🤞

CeeJayPea

#1210 Post by CeeJayPea » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:49 am

Oooo good luck Amanda! Sending lots of sticky vibes from me and my little boy 💙💙💙 😀😀😀

Sorry for not updating sooner guys it's been an emotional few days.

All my bloods and screening tests came back & it was mixed news. Good news is I'm not anemic so don't need the iron tablets and there is a low risk of Downs. Apparently my increased sickness was jyst a bug. Not so good news is one of my hormone levels (AFP I think) was elevated which can be an indication of spina bifida, placenta issues, or growth issues. This all meant that we had to cancel our private scan and go to the hospital instead.

Hubby could still come with me thankfully as I was a complete wreck. Scan was good. Baby boy looks the right size (really long legs) and they could see no obvious issues. We still have to wait for the 20 week scan before being completely out of the woods.

I'm under consultant care now & have to have a doppler at 24 weeks to check the blood flow in the placenta.

It's been an emotional few days topped off with my sister being an absolute b**ch to me yesterday that got me so upset that I couldn't stop being sick. Have decided to cut contact with her for a while as we have too much on our plate already without her stressing me out as well.

For now we are focusing on our little boy and trying to think of names! We had soooo many girls options - boys names are hard! 😂

Hope you are all okay - sorry for the brain dump above. This journey is never straightforward is it? 😍 Cx

ajzlucas

#1211 Post by ajzlucas » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:09 pm

Oh gosh ceejay! That sounds like a lot to go through! I think you’re right just to focus on you and your little boy now!! I’m glad the scan was all ok! Plenty of time to come up with a cute name!! Will you have those hormone levels tested again now then or just scans etc now?

Well I’m in my little PUPO bliss stage!! Hope it last la a good few days!! Hehe

Louise007

#1212 Post by Louise007 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:32 pm

Oh Ceejay firstly congrats team 💙 I had a feeling you were having a boy, did they give you your numbers on the downs like 1 in *** I’ve read some really interesting articles about this that’s all and if helps I’ll send links. Depending on age it can be increased but the majority of time things work out fine, I totally get this is added worry ans stress you don’t need so can totally imagine the heart ache hun! We are all here for you always 🥰 I had the dopler with eat too they did mine at 20 week app and all was ok, it’s good your consultant lead extra checks and scans too ❤️ What’s going on with your sister being the way she is so sorry to hear you really don’t need that !!!

Amanda - whooooop PUPO girl yes yes yes ! What date is your official test date huni? How you feeling so excited for you 🥰❤️

Luke - hope your surrogate sickeness is easing and you guys are doing well x

Louise007

#1213 Post by Louise007 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:33 pm

PS Ceejay totally agree re boys names we have to 4 names not 100% on any yet so gonna see what he looks like 🤣

Lukepriest

#1214 Post by Lukepriest » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Louise 6 months that’s absolutely crazy how fast it’s going! Hope pregnancy is treating you well!

Ahhhh Ceejay congratulations on the boy how exciting for you. I’m sorry things didn’t go exactly how you planned on finding out but I hope everything is okay and it’s good news that the scan went well! I totally agree. If your sister is only causing you stress at the moment then you need time away for a while because it’s the last thing you and your little boy need and like you said you’ve got enough to deal with at the moment!

Congratulations Amanda. How do you feel? Did you just transfer 1 embryo and how did the thawing process go for you. I have everything crossed for you both!! ❤️

We’re doing well. Our surrogate is still vomiting every day. There’s hasn’t been a day since being pregnant where she hasn’t been sick at some point. She said most of her sickness is through the night now which obviously is making her extremely tired during the day. We’re going to be in her debt for the rest of our lives. She’s a trooper! x

CeeJayPea

#1215 Post by CeeJayPea » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:06 am

Morning all! Hope everyone is safe & well.

Amanda first week done, how you feeling? Am sending you lots of positive sticky vibes 🤞💚🍀 Are you still in the cafe atm or have you taken a few days off?

Louise how you doing in the heat? I am completely melting so I can only imagine how you're feeling. 4 names sounds good. I like the idea of seeing which suits him when he arrives. Has your daughter come up with a name? I remember my eldest nephew being very upset when his brother was born and they didn't call him Robin like he wanted. Our Downs result was super low risk (can't remember the exact numbers) so that is very reassuring. Totally agree about being consultant led - I'd rather have the extra checks & scans to know little man is doing well.

Luke am so sorry to hear your surrogate is still suffering. I bet this heat is not helping at all. I think she is going to need an epic holiday once little lady has arrived. Has she thought about trying acupuncture? I've heard that can really help with sickness. How you doing? Have you started the nursery yet? I've got a meeting next week to start talking leave dates with HR - makes it feel sooo much more real. Have you started thinking about parental leave yet? I'm finding it hard trying to find the balance between wanting as much time with the baby as possible and knowing that a good chunk would need to be unpaid which is not ideal.

Thank you all for your kind words about the situation with my sister. It's been a week and I've heard nothing so that has allowed me to relax again. Unfortunately I think I need to keep her at arms length for the duration now. It's hard when it's family but I have a new family member to think of now and he is 100% the priority.

We have our rescheduled private scan on Wednesday. Can't wait to see little man again and get a video of him that we can share with our parents. Am 18 weeks now, still no bump or flutters but I am told this is normal for a first pregnancy (& when mum already has a donut belly) so I am trying not to read too much into it.

Hope everyone's Friday goes quick and you have a lovely weekend xxx

ajzlucas

#1216 Post by ajzlucas » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:31 am

Morning everyone!
Sounds like you are much more relaxed now ceejay, without your sister to deal with. How exciting talking leave dates! Can’t believe you are 18 weeks already! Gone so fast!
And you are 6 months Louise! Mad! Hope you are coping with the heat ok!
Sorry your surrogate is still suffering Luke! She definitely deserves lots of treats!!

Well I’m a week in! Only 6 days to go.
The first few days I was fine. More relaxed than last time. But now I’m obsessing again. Checking my daily symptoms list from last time and being upset if I’m not feeling the same. Which is just ridiculous. I’m not gonna feel the same things on the same day!! Lol but you know how it is. Trying to distract myself. I’m only working 3 days a week at the moment so having plenty of relaxing time off.
We are having a day out on the boat today so that will distract me!
🤞🤞🤞🤞

Louise007

#1217 Post by Louise007 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi everyone

Luke can’t believe your surrogate is still being sick bless her ! Has she got much of a bump yet? I’ve got a little bump it seems to have popped all of a sudden ! Have you bought much more yet?

Ceejay - I’m not managing to well in this heat to be honest I just feel uncomfortable at the min ans night time is the worst but I love my dyson fan thank god for that! How exciting that you get to see little man again next week ! We are booking in for a 4d scan in a few weeks I can’t wait ! With names we have spoke with our daughter ajd we have all agreed until we are all together (3 of us) we won’t name him so she feels involved ☺️ Have you got any names yet?

Amanda only 6 days left oh gosh I bet the wait is killing you and it’s hard not to compare isn’t it! How have you been feeling? How was your day on the boat? Hope you had a lovely day !

Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

Lukepriest

#1218 Post by Lukepriest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:37 pm

1 week down Amanda. I hope it’s going nice and fast for you, I know it’s probably hard to not compare to your previous transfer. We’ve got everything crossed for you!! Do you plan on testing any earlier than the 2 weeks? x

Ceejay I think you have made the right decisions keeping your sister at arms length. You and your little man have to be the priority at the moment! How exciting to be discussing your leaving dates makes it feel so much more real. My parental leave is sorted. I’ll be having 9 months off how about you? Nursery has started very slowly. Need to keep it moving and try get it finished. How about you? Have you any ideas of nursery ideas? x

Louise how’re you feeling lately? Our surrogate also has a small bump and said her kicks are getting stronger now. Is your little man still moving all the time? That’s lovely to involve your daughter in picking his name 🥺 we’re really struggling for names tbh x

ajzlucas

#1219 Post by ajzlucas » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:38 am

Ok so I caved………..
Another BFP!!!! 10dp5dt!!!
I was at my wits end and haven’t had many symptoms at all!!
I was naughty and have done it while hubby is in the cafe!!! Dying to go over and tell him!! Pmsl!!! Never ever done it without him before!!
I am very very happy but obviously a little scared to get carried away this time. ❤️

Louise007

#1220 Post by Louise007 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:05 pm

Amanda mahoooosive congratulations what test did you do a digital I bet your over the moon aren’t you? One hurdle down I had a feeling you’d test early I am so so so happy for you guys ❤️❤️❤️ Your bound to be a little scared too but just take each day as it comes huni xxx

ajzlucas

#1221 Post by ajzlucas » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:39 pm

Thanks Louise 😊
I just took a clear blue normal one not digital. Just one that I had leftover from last time. Def wasn’t planning to test early but I was starting to lose the plot! Lol
Yeah will def just take it one day at a time. 🤞
I’ve ordered some at home blood tests to check the blood hcg levels and check they are on the right track while waiting for the scan. It will give me something to focus on.
We are both very smiley tonight 😊

Lukepriest

#1222 Post by Lukepriest » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Oh Amanda that’s incredible news!! I’m so so happy for you both. Praying this little embryo is the one for you. Like you said take each day as it comes but just enjoy it too. Take it easy, oh that’s just made my day. Congratulations! 💖

ajzlucas

#1223 Post by ajzlucas » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 am

Thanks Luke 😊
OTD today and did the care test. Nice positive still. Although from experience I know this doesn’t mean anything! Felt good to leave the message as positive again though! Wondering when scan will be and I can’t do many days! My birthday is 18 August so am thinking it may be around then. Or week before. I am SO not doing it on Friday 13th!! Sod that!! 🤣
Hope you guys are all ok?

ajzlucas

#1224 Post by ajzlucas » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:10 am

Scan is 19th August guys! I’ll be 7w+4 then! They said 17th aug at first but I couldn’t make that!
Long time to wait but hopefully I won’t go too insane!!
🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞

Louise007

#1225 Post by Louise007 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 pm

Amanda this is amazing and not long at all it will hopefully go quick for you ! Will you just wait for care scan or book an earlier scan? How you feeling?

Luke / Ceejay hope your both ok lovelies 🥰

As for me sooo much movement I think he’s learnt to do backflips in there my stomach has been moving like crazy this last week got some fab videos ! Ha ha