Single starting IUI

Trying for a family as a single parent?
donnielime

Re: Single starting IUI

#151 Post by donnielime » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:20 am

I have been very lucky and had a very smooth pregnancy so far. I felt a bit iffy up to about 10 weeks but not bad enough that it stopped me doing anything. Since then all has been good, despite the randomness of life these last few months. No antenatal classes etc have been running, I don’t think I would have done NCT anyway. I have done a couple of online antenatal and breastfeeding courses which have been really useful. I am also in a couple of whatsapp groups with ladies I have met on here, a mix of SMBC and not, including a small group of ladies who all had treatment at the same time as me so with similar due dates, which has been a great support network. I have also had great service from my local midwifery team with all appointments continuing to be face to face so I really can’t complain.

It’s all just an unknown when you start as everyone reacts differently, which is so hard as some people have instant success and others take a bit longer. Good luck with your first cycle. Let me know how you get on. Did you find a donor and are you a member of ‘The Stork and I mum tribe’ group on Facebook? There is also a Manchester WhatsApp group linked to it.
Nicola
me : single lady 40 - donor sperm
1st cycle - ICSI - Sept/Oct 2019 4 eggs, 2 fertilised, 2 3day embryos transferred = BFP <3
Due date 17/07/20

RedF

Re: Single starting IUI

#152 Post by RedF » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:24 am

Glad to hear you've had a smooth pregnancy overall and brilliant that you have a support network. Yes I'm in the Stork and I FB group and mancs whatsapp chat :) Best of luck with the birth I can't wait to see a pic of baby!