Worried about sperm sample on day of egg collection

Male issues surrounding Assisted Reproduction.

Moderator: Administrator

louisajane80

Worried about sperm sample on day of egg collection

#1 Post by louisajane80 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:46 am

My husband is really anxious about doing his sperm sample on egg collection day. He has found providing samples from home for the purpose of sperm tests really difficult and is dreading having to do it at the clinic and under time pressures too. We felt relieved when we were told we could do a frozen sample before the day as a 'back up' but have since discovered that this would need to be done at the clinic too (which he's really not keen on) or delivered there within 20 minutes (which isn't possible as we live about an hour away and I'm not sure a hotel stay would make it any easier). So my question is has anyone else experienced this and what can be done to make it easier on the day? We're expecting egg collection to be around mid November. Thanks in advance.

Flash19

Re: Worried about sperm sample on day of egg collection

#2 Post by Flash19 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:23 am

Hi Louisa,

My OH worried about doing his very first one but if you line up something on his phone to help a video message so that he feels like you're there and seeing you may help ?

Good luck!

Lx

louisajane80

Re: Worried about sperm sample on day of egg collection

#3 Post by louisajane80 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Thanks Flash 19. Unfortunatey I think this would make it even worse - my hubby preferes to be discreet - even providing a sample whilst we're both at home he's felt awkward about it. I'm sure he'll be fine but having a back up if things don't go to plan on the day would be peace of mind for us both.