Mid to late October testing

Tense, Nervous, Want to strangle your DH??? You are not alone...

Moderator: Administrator

StephieE91

Re: Mid to late October testing

#1051 Post by StephieE91 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:28 pm

Lovely to hear off you patience and glad your ok!! Well both of you... what a journey we have been on together ❤️ Obviously all worth it, but we have come so far, last little stretch for us now and will all be over. Then the real fun starts haha.

So I’m still in hospital, contracting strong & regular I’m having 4 contractions every 10 mins just not dilating. They’re trying to get me to 34 weeks (just over a week) then will do a review and look at inducing labour if nothing has changed before then anyway. I’m so f***ed from no sleep & pain constantly. Had pethadine and codeine helping me but not taking the pain completely off. Feel like a zombie never mind anything else. Miss my family now and hate being away from them, but hopefully not much longer to go now. And each day is an extra day baby is inside getting stronger bless her! 💝

Hopefully going through the worst now will make my labour easier or should I say quicker. At least I’m
Hoping haha!

Hope your scan goes well tmo too Lucky!

Wow patience that’s a long time isn’t it but I’m
Sure everything will be fine and will make that 36 week scan extra special.!

Let me know how you both get on anyway...
we got this girls, last bit - we can do this 💪🏼 Sending love xx ❤️

Luckybabe37

#1052 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:33 am

Hey glad to here from u patience glad all ok and hopein the wholeness large belly thing is normal did they say anything about extra fluid? I can’t believe they have stopped all scans til then! Anything cud happen at my hospital they Givein me more scans! I had test done to see if owt up with baby kidneys as normally that’s cause of large belly. Hope all is good we come so far!!! Ur stil hanging in there Steph must be hard alone this can ur other half vist? Am dreading day I go in labour lay coupe days my blood pressure has bein like really high bein checking at home but test Midwife’s they ain’t replying bk to me. Lucky I got doctor today and my scan at 910! Also noticed red patches on legs and one of them swollen looks like fluid or blood so god knows. 34 weeks Monday hopefully I find out more today xx good luck ladies xx

Luckybabe37

#1053 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:08 pm

Nitemare this hospital of mine! Got there no reception here so waited for someone to get me, 15 mins later gose in to scan and tells me can’t do growth scan as had one last week well they news this! But this is my proper growth scan last week was placenta check! So didn’t do measurements just checked fluid! Then one girl was goin me a pic And other one rushed me out to clinic so didn’t get it! Waits in clinic 20 mins 4 of us there 3 nurses down out and asked why am I there !! Am like are u kidding!!!! Told them to see doctor and get results from last tests had so they end up sending me to another ward!! Day unit one nurse there like said wait few mins went spoke to another’s was goin send me home am like no ! Told her had high blood pressure lastnite as I did it wasn’t 141 over 116! Told her less movements and bein leaking. So they checked me over had the test to check if waters gone was negative so that good. Blood pressure was ok and baby didn’t move much with belt on but didn’t after. Was up there 4 hours spoke to a doctor she was nice busked me to go bk next Friday to check baby growth and see my doctor x

Luckybabe37

#1054 Post by Luckybabe37 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Bein on hospital today due to constant itching that won’t stop had bloods done to check liver come bk normal but stil waiting for another one Tomaz. Also my health visitor rang me today I told her about Midwife’s not gettin bk to me so she rang them today and told them lol my midwife rang me sayin I here ya not happy with our care lol I was like well I have 7 Midwife’s not one gets bk to me am fed up if gettin fobbed off and not having a birth plan yet am almost 35 weeks. She the said will know Friday after ya scan what’s what as in c section or normal I will get a date she said so will see won’t we. Baby is till breech at min she said by 36 weeks need to be head down so may be c section Friday will tell all. Hope all ok am ready just to have him out have had enough x

Patience36

#1055 Post by Patience36 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Luckybabe and stephie how are you both doing?

Nothing to report from me apart from achey legs!

Xx

Luckybabe37

#1056 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:25 am

Well just nite I was in pain from 10 pm to 12 pm really bad tight pains cramps. I was hittin the wall lol anyway eased of went bed but up most nite bein sore. Scan this morning showed he gone head down!!! So maybe that’s why all the pain lastnite. Not sure if fully engaged though til midwife checks wed. Belly stil on big side and weighs just under 6lbs they told me belly is fine I fed him well lol fluid is high again though no idea why so got to have last scan in 2 weeks on 29th May and they will choose what to do either way said inducein me so if scan shows fluid stil high or baby big they will send me to get induced there and then at 37 weeks if scan all ok try get me to 38 39 weeks then induced me so I hope my waters go natural I don’t want to be induced tbh. Not sure if he will flip thou this baby is a bludy wiggler owt possible. Just bucked a private scan for Thursday as can’t wait 2 weeks lol here to check fluid and if he stil head down. I really have had enough now need him out . How’d u patience? Any news Steph? X

Patience36

#1057 Post by Patience36 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Luckybabe, that’s fantastic that he has gone head down. That is my biggest worry at the moment as I don’t feel like baby is in right position. I have had two homebirths before so would love one with this one. (Although they are currently suspended due to coronavirus).

Sounds like you will get to meet your baby very soon!

Stephie - how are you doing?

Luckybabe37

#1058 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Yeah he just got to stay head down lol as he has flipped a few times from sidewards to breech so makes me wonder if he will again lol pressure and pain is not good wen there head down I can barley walk at min . Aww I doubt home birth be allowed now with all this crazy ness I can’t even have c section! Just got to get next 2 weeks out of way and my fate Will be said lol x

Luckybabe37

#1059 Post by Luckybabe37 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:48 pm

Are u feelin restless patience? More movements? Forgot what ur havein now I have got proper baby brain lol can’t remember if u found out it not lol. U got scan due to check baby growth ect? C

Patience36

#1060 Post by Patience36 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:48 pm

No don’t know what we having, already have 2 boys so a girl would be great but who knows, hopefully I will find out soon enough (although not too soon). Currently 33.5 weeks.

Had a scan at 28 weeks but now nothing until 36 weeks, most growth scans have been cancelled down south due to coronavirus. Got midwife on weds.

Organised I think with most things. At least this lockdown has meant I have had plenty of time to put my feet up, although homeschooling my boys has not been fun.

Stephie - are you ok? X

Luckybabe37

#1061 Post by Luckybabe37 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Aww I don’t know why they cancel scans as we need them!! None of mine are if anything am havein more. Only midwife appointments got cancelled. Aww be nice surprise for u not long to go eeeek. Don’t seem real to me yet or sunk in yet that in about 3 weeks my baby cud be here. Havein pains at min thou each day not sure what are as am struggling to go toilet too so not sure which it is. Text my midwife no reply as usual yet lol. How are u Steph is this baby here? Xx

StephieE91

#1062 Post by StephieE91 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:53 pm

Sorry ladies been a mad week or so with one thing and another. Baby is doing well and still cooking nicely! I have to attend hospital twice a week to see midwife and go on monitors & have obs done due to waters being broken. Then had growth scan and consultant review today. Princess is growing lovely although is on the smaller side (not worryingly small though - apparently I just carry smaller babies) she’s weighing 5.2lbs to date. And estimated to weigh 6.4lbs at delivery (obviously that’s just an estimate) but still good as my first weighed 5.6lbs. Anyway, been booked in for induction on 7th June eeeeeeeeek!! So this time in 3 weeks I will be holding my baby girl !!! Thank god. Felt so emotional when she gave me a date. Excited, anxious, happy so many feelings.! Just glad she’s hung on in there & doing so well bless her. Not long now for us all!

Hope your both doing ok and babies are cooking nicely! Not aching too much I hope - dreadful isn’t it trying to get comfy!!

We will all soon have our babies now girls... almost there xx

Luckybabe37

#1063 Post by Luckybabe37 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Aww nice to here Steph glad hanging in there I bein told wen I go next Friday on 29th May I wil be gettin induced either that day or week after eeeek so scared but said no later then 38 weeks. They told me different ways of induction said try balloon one 1st u heard of it? Am not likeun that one thou rather it happen natural tbh. Baby head is down but not engaged yet so hopin by next wee will be. Good luck to us all we come so far 💙❤️💙❤️

Luckybabe37

#1064 Post by Luckybabe37 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:09 pm

Had scan he’s now back breech! Bludy baby lol. Also bein told he has headfull if hair loads spiky hair at front they said lol that explains the heartburn then. 1st thing they saw was hair ha got wait too next Friday now to see what goin to do x

Patience36

#1065 Post by Patience36 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Oh no luckybabe.

I had midwife yesterday and she said my baby breech too. Started talking about csection if not moved by next scan in 2 weeks.

Managed to book myself a private scan on Sunday as haven’t seen baby since 28 weeks and midwife is useless and really negative. Basically said baby may have hip issues etc because of positioning.

Never had a c-section before and scared stiff go be honest.

Stephie, good to hear from you, such good news baby is still cooking! Not long for you now. Xx

Patience36

#1066 Post by Patience36 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Why would they induce you lucky babe?

I have had heartburn too this time and never had it with my other two. At least you know he can go head down. All of my scans this one has been breech but haven’t exactly had many!

StephieE91

#1067 Post by StephieE91 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:26 am

Aw sorry to hear it patience... but glad you have a private scan booked for reassurance, especially if midwife was a bit of a div!! Some of them really are stupid.! Try not to worry, I’m sure all is perfectly well & hoping baby moves into position for you.!

Same for you lucky - not quite sure why they would be inducing you if your breach too? I thought they only induced if there was something wrong etc. Won’t you be going for section too if your still breach?

I’ll be having tablet form of induction then after 6hrs of that being in I will be taken down to delivery suite and put on the drip - which I’m bit miffed about but the good thing is that it puts you in to labour quicker than usual ways of induction. Apparently got to have it done like that due to my waters gone so early. It can apparently be more painful too as they give you artificial contractions 😩 great haha! So uncomfy now though and so low! My consultant told me a few weeks ago at an internal that she felt baby’s head and she has lots of hair too... so mad isn’t it that they’re just right there waiting lol.

Wish you all well anyway xx

Luckybabe37

#1068 Post by Luckybabe37 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:05 pm

They told me inducein me wen they said is head was down at last scan but since then he’s moved again and by now Shud be engaged. So this Friday they Shud have a plan I wud have thought c section thou but they were against it all but surely no choice now if breech as I be 37 weeks! I also think they can induce u even if not head down as I read it can help them to go head down but am not comfy with that tbh. My midwife is the same complete waste of time! Useless I know how u feel I don’t bothe contacting them now if have s problem I go hospital. She told me not to check blood pressure no more am like why wen last time I had problems cos of it they don’t care that cud be a risk to me and baby! Patience I think urs May have hair soooo cute 😃 am terrified of the whole labour thing it’s bein so long and even worse if section as hate needles. Good luck Steph least she down and waiting mine ain’t no we’re near lol think he’s comfy tbh cos I read all these ladies havein babies or signs of labour from early as 28 weeks I ain’t had a sniff that he even wants to come out lol x

StephieE91

#1069 Post by StephieE91 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:12 am

Ohh ok well hopefully you will know more towards the end of this week and all will be well.

My midwife has been brilliant, so have all the consultants tbf I can’t fault them.
I’ve managed to get 5x syringes filled and frozen too of colostrum ready to take into hospital with us, so I’m happy about that too now.
Can’t believe in 13 sleeps i could have my baby by now! So mad and so close now, just can’t wait to see her little face 💝
Hospital today for obs and on monitors again then growth scan tomorrow to check she’s still growing nicely...

I’ve not heard of anyone being induced if they’re breech, as it could be dangerous for both mommy & baby can’t it? Worth asking about if they do still go on about inducing you if he’s still breech. And if your not happy with anything lucky - don’t let them do anything. It’s your choice no one else’s regardless so stand your ground with it. They have to listen to you.

Hope your well patience xx

Patience36

#1070 Post by Patience36 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:17 am

Good luck with the scan today stephie, 13 days, that is not long is it. How exciting.

That is amazing re the colostrum, I haven’t noticed any!

I had private scan yesterday and my exercises to turn the baby have worked as he/she is now head down! Fingers crossed they stay that way, first time I have seen them in that position. Sonographer said again baby’s belly was large (on 80% centile) compared to rest of baby which is on 50%. Asked if I had been tested for gestational diabetes. I said I hadn’t. She said fluid and everything else was ok so just hoping it’s just a big baby? Would there be any other obvious symptoms of GD or just a big belly? Babies Belly was measuring 1.5 weeks ahead of rest of baby. Trying not to worry as it’s not completely off the scale big and my last two babies were pretty big. 8lbs 2oz and 9lbs 2oz both born around 39 weeks.

There is always something isn’t there?! Baby is currently weighing 6lbs 2oz which I think is fairly big considering I am not 35 weeks until weds!

Keep me posted ladies, it’s lovely to stay in contact.

Xx

Patience36

#1071 Post by Patience36 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:19 am

Ps I would re-iterate what steph said lucky. Only do what you feel comfortable with. There are certain things I just know I wouldnt consent to, one would be manually turning the baby if needed And the other would be a sweep, also not a fan of inductions either unless their is a medical reason. Just personal opinion but do what feels right for you and your baby and question anything that doesn’t feel right.

Keep us posted. X

Luckybabe37

#1072 Post by Luckybabe37 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:28 pm

Aww not long now Steph eeeek ❤️ And patience I think maybe just big baby nowt to worry about did they offer u that test They told me my baby belly big and a week in front so think it’s normal I find out Friday. had private scan Thursday and he’s breech again so surely they can’t Induce me I gave got midwife wed so I wil speak to her see what she has to say not that she much use! Good luck ladies we come long way. ❤️

Luckybabe37

#1073 Post by Luckybabe37 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:33 pm

Ended up hospital today after midwife as she said he stil breech and today they wud sort a plan gets there waits hour and they say why am I here! She said she felt his bum in my pelvis as was wide! So they did 3 scans today 3 different people all day head is down!!! Not quite 100 percent engaged but gettin there! Midwife convinced me cis have section but now I know won’t but what I don’t get he was breech other day at other scan and never bein head down this low so hope there not wrong like midwife is today. Stil got go Friday for scan and final word is doctor am so fed up confused and lot so not sure what goin happen Friday now with him up down now head down but not 100 percent x

Luckybabe37

#1074 Post by Luckybabe37 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 pm

Midwife sent me up a cudnt feel the head but said bum was there down and breech! How wrong was she bit today I started with diarrhoea and feeling sick so told me at hospital cud be my body gettin ready now but am worried as he not 100 per cent down. She convinced me it’s my choice for what birth I want but Ano doctor will say different Friday . Really fed up c

Luckybabe37

#1075 Post by Luckybabe37 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 am

My life can’t get worse at min had call from care they said have to speak to doctor 230 today as eggs we used cud be problem. Donor as helped another last and there’s a problem with baby it worse died won’t tell me they can’t doctor has to. Said something bein dected or happened and I may not be able to use my other eggs! Or something may happen to this one am terrified now don’t know what to expect! X