2 week wait October

Tense, Nervous, Want to strangle your DH??? You are not alone...

Moderator: Administrator

Louise79

Re: 2 week wait October

#126 Post by Louise79 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Smudge - your scan is the day after mine 😃 here’s hoping to a fast few weeks to go by!! 👍 how are your symptoms? I’ve been cramping a little bit today which always worries me but I also no it can just be a side effect of pregnant! It’s draining all of this symptom spotting!!! I’m tempted to book a private scan at 6 weeks to put my mind at rest but then keeping asking myself if it actually would help or not, I don’t think I’ll relax through the whole pregnancy!

cici19

#127 Post by cici19 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:40 am

Congratulations smudge so so pleased for you 🥰 amazing news!!! You are officially pregnant!

Welcome hopeful10 really hoping it’s third time lucky for you 🤞

So after my cramping on Sunday I started bleeding a bit yesterday just a bit of spotting from pale pink to brown to nothing in the evening and nothing this morning. I know it could be implantation bleeding but feel like it is a bit late for that as I’m 10d post transfer today. I’m assuming the progesterone will delay your period coming anyway so feel like it is my period starting in an odd way 🙁 soooo tempted to test when I woke up this morning but decided to wait as might confuse things more - feel like I might have this battle with myself every morning until Friday ....

Hopeful2021 how are you getting on? One more day after waiting this long will be worth it so you can test together 🙂

Xx

Smudge75

#128 Post by Smudge75 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 am

Louise79 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 pm
Smudge - your scan is the day after mine 😃 here’s hoping to a fast few weeks to go by!! 👍 how are your symptoms? I’ve been cramping a little bit today which always worries me but I also no it can just be a side effect of pregnant! It’s draining all of this symptom spotting!!! I’m tempted to book a private scan at 6 weeks to put my mind at rest but then keeping asking myself if it actually would help or not, I don’t think I’ll relax through the whole pregnancy!
It feels such a long way away doesn’t it. Symptom wise I’ve got mild cramping which is to be expected while it snuggles down, gets comfy and grows, my breasts are really tender, I’m having to sleep in a bra and small waves of nausea eased by ginger nuts.

When we had ET, the nurse said the scan would be 2 weeks after OTD so I was a bit surprised when she said 6 weeks after conception which takes me to 8 weeks.

If you feel you’ll get comfort from an early reassurance scan, go for it 😊 xx
02.08.16 BFP = miscarried
09.10.17 BFP = chemical
12.11.17 Natural IVF#1 = cancelled
03.12.17 Natural IVF#2 = cancelled
13.02.18 Natural IVF#3 = cancelled
15.04.18 BFP = miscarried
13.08.18 BFP = miscarried
01.08.20 ICSI with CARE - BFP 😍

Smudge75

#129 Post by Smudge75 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 am

cici19 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:40 am
Congratulations smudge so so pleased for you 🥰 amazing news!!! You are officially pregnant!

Welcome hopeful10 really hoping it’s third time lucky for you 🤞

So after my cramping on Sunday I started bleeding a bit yesterday just a bit of spotting from pale pink to brown to nothing in the evening and nothing this morning. I know it could be implantation bleeding but feel like it is a bit late for that as I’m 10d post transfer today. I’m assuming the progesterone will delay your period coming anyway so feel like it is my period starting in an odd way 🙁 soooo tempted to test when I woke up this morning but decided to wait as might confuse things more - feel like I might have this battle with myself every morning until Friday ....

Hopeful2021 how are you getting on? One more day after waiting this long will be worth it so you can test together 🙂

Xx
Thank you cici, I’m sure implantation bleeding occurs around the 7-10 days mark and the pink/brown sounds like it is. Hang in there, you’re doing great, you got this xx
09.10.17 BFP = chemical

Smudge75

#130 Post by Smudge75 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:39 am

Morning all,

cici/hopeful2021, how are you doing? One day closer to test day, have either of you been tempted, how is the side effects/symptom spotting going?

hopeful10, you must be half way through the TWW now, how are you getting on?

Louise/Robyn, hope you're both doing well. Anything to report?

Harj/Hopeshines/Sims/Carly, hope you're all taking care.
09.10.17 BFP = chemical

Hopeful2021

#131 Post by Hopeful2021 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:10 am

Hi all,

So husband and I tested yesterday morning before he left to work up north... was day10post 5 day transfer... faint line FRER, negative CB and negative cheap dip tests... probably wasn’t a good Idea considering we are now in the dilemma that either it slightly implanted and is not sticking around or it’s too early. Either way it was faint baby pink (done so much reading to see if it is evaporation lines but I don’t think so-or is it?)

It’s obviously triggered something in me- I wasn’t meant to but tested again today without him (even though we both agreed wait until sat) and it’s still faint not any darker If anything marginally fainter than yesterday but only marginally... I feel guilty I tested without him. But I guess I just feel crappy now... 😔

cici19

#132 Post by cici19 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:53 am

Hopeful2021 as far as I have read a positive is a positive doesn’t matter how faint and false positives are rare.
Is the line there within the time it says to read the test? I think the evaporation thing only happens if the test is left for ages afterwards then you try and read the result.
It might be the first response test is only positive because it is still early days and your hcg level is low
🤞🙂 fingers crossed for you! Maybe test again on Friday and see if a different test is positive or the line darker . Good luck!!

Smudge how are you? has the good news sunk in yet!? 😀
I have had no more cramping but spotting brown blood since Monday that isn’t getting any worse or better no sign of a proper period.
Have a first response test and almost tested this morning but got scared at the last minute and changed my mind 😬 At least without testing I still feel like there’s a chance

Xx

Hopeful2021

#133 Post by Hopeful2021 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi cici thanks for the reply ❤️ The faint line is light pink and was there within the time frame (FRER says wait 3
Mins then read but it was there within 3mins and after). I am trying to stay hopeful but I really thought would be a bit darker today not slightly lighter. Anyway I am hoping it is just too early (but it’s hard battling with ur own mind).

I wish I did wait till sat like we planned but it’s done. U r strong and sometimes it’s safer in the PUPO bubble 😂👍🏻 Well done for staying strong there is no right or wrong u got to do what’s best for u... I’m glad the brown spotting hasn’t worsened- loadsss of stories of women bleeding heavier and its all fine still. Fingers crossed for u OTD buddy xxx

Smudge75

#134 Post by Smudge75 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:25 pm

Hopeful2021, FRER are the most sensitive and are really easy to read, as cici said no matter how dark the line, it can only register hcg if you’re pregnant. 10dp5dt still seems early to me. I’ve read stories of people not getting their BFP until OTD despite getting a bfn the day before so please don’t lose hope, I have everything crossed for you 🤞🏻🙏🏼🍀

Cici, it’s not really sunk in, my boss contacted me yesterday for “news” which I thought was a bit wrong to be honest but anyway, i eventually confirmed the treatment had worked but telling her made me feel I’m going to jinx it. It’s mental what this does to your head. I felt safe in the PUPO bubble and so pleased I resisted testing early but I know how difficult it is and it’s all personal choice. Everything crossed for Friday (or tomorrow if temptation gets the better of you) 😀

Xx
09.10.17 BFP = chemical

cici19

#135 Post by cici19 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:13 am

Morning everyone feeling pretty rubbish 🙁 my period has pretty much started today not completely normal but it’s getting heavier. Took a test this morning and got a BFN - I will still recheck tomorrow but think I already knew this wasn’t our time when had the cramping on Sunday.
Feel sad but also a lot of relief that this wait is over and we know the outcome it was getting pretty tough.

Hopeful2021 how are you feeling have you tested again today or are you going to wait for Saturday? Have fingers crossed for you !! 🤞

Xx

Hopeful2021

#136 Post by Hopeful2021 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:09 am

Hi All thanks for ur positive messages!

Oh cici I’m so sorry :( i am glad you are going to test for certain tommorow -please Remind me was this ur first ivf? And was it a fresh transfer? the fact that you started spotting early may be progesterone related... worth asking for that to be monitored and tested in any subsequent cycles? Tbh I completely get what u mean- it’s hard when u get a bfn and AF doesn’t come and it’s a waiting game for that... have u got an Frosties left for future cycles? Thinking of u- and who knows... miracles do happen...so there is still a tiny chance of a positive tommorow but if not I feel like you are being logical however we are all here to chat as it takes a lot out of u...

I haven’t tested again since going to wait until Saturday - I get positive moments and down moments but I will know for sure on sat when I test with my OH...

Smudge I know that feeling Of not wanting to jinx it lol I’m really like that and I would be the same wanting to tell but not wanting to tell 😂🙈 I hope u r keeping well otherwise xxx

cici19

#137 Post by cici19 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:32 pm

Thanks for your message hopeful2021 yes this was our first cycle ICSI fresh transfer. I will make sure I ask about the progesterone at the review I know there isn’t always a simple answer but there might be some things we can learn from this cycle. We have one frozen embryo so trying to accept the outcome and look forward to our next chance 🙂

Stay strong until Saturday it will be nice for you to retest together and doing more tests won’t change anything - massive good luck and fingers crossed for you 🤞🥰

Xx

Hopeful10

#138 Post by Hopeful10 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:13 pm

Cici19 – It’s a blooming difficult journey. My fingers are crossed that despite the odds, you get that BFP tomorrow. You never know until OTD x

Hopeful2021 – You can make it until Saturday to test again with your OH! But the ups and downs are very trying. What a mix of results from the early tests.

Smudge75 – Congratulations! Hope the gingernuts are easing the nausea. Glad you’ve got your scan booked in. Thanks for asking after me x

Louise79 – Did you decide to book a private scan? The worrying doesn’t stop x

Robyn9988 – Sorry to hear about your scare. Glad you could get checked out. How are you doing?

AFM – Work has kept me busy for the last few days which has helped time to pass. It’s impossible to know what’s going on. It messes with your head but I’m still scared to test. The lubion means my tummy is sore but and I’m sleeping dreadfully but I guess that’s just part of it.

Sarah237

#139 Post by Sarah237 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:40 am

Hello all. New to this thread but has been really helpful to hear your stories (the highs and lows) as gives a feeling of being not totally alone and see how others are coping.

Cici and hopeful 2021 - in particular I’m so sorry to read your news but really thinking of you today and tomorrow for OTDs! Fingers crossed and sending positive thoughts.

I’m on 6dp5dt with OTD a week today (1st fresh cycle). The wait is horrendous and I thought I would be fine getting back to work and keeping busy. Keep wondering if I should test early and when is appropriate (if it is ever). Had lots of mild cramping the last few days which I would ordinarily think is AF inbound but I am hoping it is just the medication and progesterone.

Fingers crossed for those with upcoming OTDs and scans x

Edie27

#140 Post by Edie27 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:23 am

Hi ladies. Jumping in here, I’ve lost track of who’s who I’m sorry, but I will catch up! I’m testing on 24/10/20. This will be day 11 following 5d FET- I was told we didn’t need to wait the ‘full two weeks’ as technically you’re already 5 days into it at transfer. Have you been told the same time frames? Not sure if the ‘tww’ is just term for ‘11 days wait’ if that makes sense! I’m on progesterone tablets three times daily & injections of lubion twice daily. This will be our 3rd transfer after x2 failed natural cycle transfers of IVF (Egg collection in January)

Fingers crossed for you all. Xx

Hopeful2021

#141 Post by Hopeful2021 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:25 am

Hi Hopeful10! Sorry ur getting a sore stomach :( fingers crossed for u and glad u have been keeping distracted and busy! I keep peeing every morning quickly so I can’t test and have to wait until tommorow- I’m really praying I get my bfp tomorrow 😔❤️💙🙏

Welcome Edie27- lots of people are doing different things - testing early or waiting until OTD- truth is doing it early still means u need to wait until OTD to call care officially and early positive is scary either way and a negative doesn’t mean it’s over so it’s such a taboo, sorry for ur two earlier BFN. This is my 4th transfer (2 fresh and 1 previous frozen- last fresh in July was a bfp but a chemical pregnancy).
Wishing u all the luck :) have u decided To test early?

Hi Sarah 237 - yep this 2ww is harder than anyone thought and ur not alone that’s main thing ❤️ Feel free to chat to us about anything - mood symptoms craziness!

cici19

#142 Post by cici19 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 pm

OTD today and got a negative. Just waiting for call back from care to arrange review. Really hope everybody on here still waiting gets their BFP!! 🥰
(Welcome Edie and Sarah)
Thankyou all so much for your support ! going to come off the forum for a bit to forget about IVF for a bit until the next try 🙂.

Xx

Hopeful10

#143 Post by Hopeful10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:45 am

Cici19 – I’m so very sorry to hear of your BFN. This is a hard journey. Take care of yourself and take the time out you need to heal before you can get going again x

Hopeful2021 – I have my fingers crossed for you this morning lovely. I love the peeing quickly on a morning trick to stop yourself from testing early! Perhaps that’s the advice the clinics should give! X

Edie27 – Welcome. I really feel for you with the lubion twice a day – you must be so sore! I think it’s called the two week wait but is in fact a little different for everyone. It depends on if you transferred a 5 day blastocyst or a 3 day embryo. I think it also depends if you’re having a blood test or urine test. There seems to be a bit of variation from clinic to clinic too. I’m testing 13dp5dt. How are you doing?

Sarah237 – Welcome. The waiting is really difficult. It’s normal to have thoughts that come about whether it’s worked or not that play with your mind. A lot of people seem to test early but I’m so scared to test I’d prefer to stay in the pupo bubble as long as possible. Whatever an early test shows, I think it would be hard to believe it until OTD but it’s up to you if you are brave enough to test early and feel it may help you to cope better. The medications can cause cramping x

AFM – I was up stupidly early and had to just get up and have breakfast in the end. Things continue much the same. I’m having thoughts about whether it’s worked or not. I’m too scared to test as I would only want to know if it has worked and not if it hasn’t and know I wouldn’t trust the result until OTD.

Louise79

#144 Post by Louise79 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 am

Morning ladies

It’s lovely to see this group growing and all of us supporting eachother through the rollercoaster of the 2 week wait! Welcome Eddie27 and Sarah237, I hope the wait goes quickly for you and that you get your BFP’s!! There are so many different opinions about testing early, it really is an individual choice and there is no right or wrong answer. Personally I tested a day early on each of my cycles as I felt I needed to prepare myself for OTD! I always felt better testing with an early detection test before the Care test as the care ones are rubbish and only ever seem to show faint lines, it adds extra anxiety that we could all do without on OTD!

So sorry to hear of the BFNs recently, look after yourselves and allow yourselves time to heal, it’s so gutting when you don’t get the result you want but hopefully next time will be the one that sticks.

I did a digital test on Thursday, a week after my OTD, just for peace of mind! It was one of the tests with the weeks indicator and it said 3+ weeks which is what I wanted to see 😄 my boobs are getting sorer and I’m battling with nausea and tiredness every day, I’ve never been so greatful to be feeling rubbish! 😂 counting down the days to scan date and praying things don’t go wrong for me this time round. How are my fellow BFPs doing? Are any of you still testing for reassurance? How are you feeling?

Edie27

#145 Post by Edie27 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:34 am

Cici19, I’m not sure if you’re still on the thread but either way, be kind to yourself, take some time out, have a glass of wine! I hope you feel ready to tackle it all again soon xxx

Hopeful2021, good luck this morning. I have equal measure of cannot wait for test day & dreading it as like Hopeful10, I want to know (but only if it’s positive). Good luck sweetie.

I had x2 episode of light red/pink spotting yesterday when I went to the loo (day 3 following 5 day transfer). I AM NOT READING INTO THIS EITHER WAY!! Today I have UTI symptoms so am drinking SO much water & regular paracetamol.

Hang in there girls xxx

Hopeful2021

#146 Post by Hopeful2021 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi all unfortunately BFN on 3 types of tests- shows the previous frer on tues/weds were positive and not evaporation lines as they are pink and as these tests today are truly negative 💔

I wish you all the best of luck on ur 2ww xxxxx
Last edited by Hopeful2021 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah237

#147 Post by Sarah237 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Hopeful2021 - So so sorry to hear this. Take some time, rest up and look after yourself xxx

Louise79

#148 Post by Louise79 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Hopeful2021 I’m so so sorry to hear this, how devastating for you 😢 sending you big hugs and I hope you take care of yourself and give yourself time to grieve xx

Edie27

#149 Post by Edie27 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Hopeful2021. I’m so sorry to hear this. What a crappy journey this is that we’re all on. Look after yourself. Take the time that you need & hopefully you can try again when you’re ready xx

Robyn9988

#150 Post by Robyn9988 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Welcome to all the people joining the 2ww, Edie27, Sarah237.. hope your all doing okay?? It is such a personal decision about testing isn't it.. there are positives and negatives to both, they can both mess with your head, its genuinely just what you feel is right.. personally I think you either go for it and test every morning or wait until OTD or day before. Either way it feels like the worst 2weeks of life!

Cici19/ hopeful2021 - i'm so sorry about your bfn's, all the love to you both.. sometimes this journey is just so shitty, there are no better words for it its just shit! I wish nobody had to go through that, really hope your both okay xx

Louise79 - Glad to hear you are doing well ❤️ Lovely you did a Digi and got 3w+, that's super reassuring isn't it.. I join you in feeling so symptomatic, im sleeping 10-12hrs a night, yet im yawning and practically falling asleep on my feet, have no energy at all, boobs kill - and seem to have grown substantially! all lovely symptoms tho aren't they! xx

Smudge75 - how are you doing?? ❤️ I'm counting down the days until my scan, feel like that's the next milestone, thankfully no more bleeding tho, when's your scan booked for, have you been tempted to have a private scan?? xx

Hopeful10 - Sorry to hear your tummy is sore and sleeping bad, you really need your sleep don't you!! have you tried any aromatherapy oils, I have a little roller thing I put on my pulse points, also the evoke meditation app has a sleep one, that's got me off back to sleep in the early hours a few times xx
1st cycle of Shared Motherhood IVF June 20.. x3 5day Blastocysts ❤️
x1 fresh cycle 23/07/20.. BFN 05/08/20 😢
x1 FET 23/09/20.. OTD 06/10/20! BFP!!! 😆❤️
x1 Frostie left in the freezer