May 2021 TWW

Tense, Nervous, Want to strangle your DH??? You are not alone...

Moderator: Administrator

Sam5

Re: May 2021 TWW

#1301 Post by Sam5 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Oh wow lastchance! What injections do you have to do now?

Glg & I have scans on Tuesday, I cant remember anyone else's, they might have even happened already 🙈

My sickness is a lot better but still occasionally sickness & nausea.

How is everyone else getting on??
1st IVF April 2021 - 2 blastocysts, 1 transferred, 1 frozen. 4th June 2021 5am = BFP!!!

Lastchancesaloon

#1302 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:34 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Glg & I have scans on Tuesday, I cant remember anyone else's, they might have even happened already 🙈

I have to have Fragmin injections they are similar to the inhixa but seem to have blunter needles and sting more but will speak to the gp and see if they can give me an alternative. Ooo how exciting for your scans I bet you can’t wait, it is another milestone and such a lovely experience. We had our results from the downs tests today and we are ver low risk so that was another hurdle and now have my date for my 20 week scan on the 20th September, it seems to be passing so much quicker now x
2009 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFN
2010 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFN
Changed clinics: level 1 + 2 tests
2011 Immune cycle 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFP —- its twins
2021 May - frozen donor eggs 2 frozen and 1 5 day hatching blast— BFP

Sam5

#1303 Post by Sam5 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:34 pm
Sam5 wrote:

I have to have Fragmin injections they are similar to the inhixa but seem to have blunter needles and sting more but will speak to the gp and see if they can give me an alternative. Ooo how exciting for your scans I bet you can’t wait, it is another milestone and such a lovely experience. We had our results from the downs tests today and we are ver low risk so that was another hurdle and now have my date for my 20 week scan on the 20th September, it seems to be passing so much quicker now x
Yes they are similar, I don't think there is an exact alternative but perhaps they will switch you to something very similar.

Yes it is exciting, but I'm also very nervous about it.

Wow, congrats on the downs test & getting the 20 week scan date... it certainly is going fast!

Do you have the energy that everyone talks about? I cant wait for that to kick in!
1st IVF April 2021 - 2 blastocysts, 1 transferred, 1 frozen. 4th June 2021 5am = BFP!!!

Lastchancesaloon

#1304 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:09 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:40 pm
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:34 pm
Sam5 wrote:

Yes they are similar, I don't think there is an exact alternative but perhaps they will switch you to something very similar.

Yes it is exciting, but I'm also very nervous about it.

Wow, congrats on the downs test & getting the 20 week scan date... it certainly is going fast!

Do you have the energy that everyone talks about? I cant wait for that to kick in!
I certainly feel more energetic but get tired very quick I am sleeping loads and then having one or two naps on the sofa in the day, so I don’t think I have gotten to the point of this ‘blooming’ phase yet lol but I am looking forward to it!!
I was very nervous for the scan but as soon as I could see the heart beat I felt more relaxed, but we have all gone through so much to get here that we are bound to be nervous xx

Lastchancesaloon

#1305 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi All
Just wondering how you got on with your scans today
Sam and Gig, been thinking about you and how you have had a lovely experience.
Has anyone heard from Amz? Do we know of she is ok and had her scan her?
X

Sam5

#1306 Post by Sam5 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:08 pm
Hi All
X
Literally just came out! Everything is fine!! I'm not even lying I think I have the most perfect little baby!

Lastchancesaloon

#1307 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:26 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 pm
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Hi All
X
Literally just came out! Everything is fine!! I'm not even lying I think I have the most perfect little baby!
Aww what wonderful news, I’m so glad everything was good, it’s such a beautiful experience isn’t it :-) it made us more eager to know if we have a girl or boy on board.
Hve you told everyone yet or were you waiting for this scan?
Such an exciting time 🥰

Sam5

#1308 Post by Sam5 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:13 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:26 pm
Sam5 wrote:
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Hi All
X
Aww what wonderful news, I’m so glad everything was good, it’s such a beautiful experience isn’t it :-) it made us more eager to know if we have a girl or boy on board.
Such an exciting time 🥰
I was waiting so an exciting week ahead for me.
Honestly, I saw its little mouth opening & closing.... moving around in all sorts of ways. It is amazing & measuring 1 day over so pretty good.

Lastchancesaloon

#1309 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:27 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:13 pm
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Sam5 wrote:

Such an exciting time 🥰
Honestly, I saw its little mouth opening & closing.... moving around in all sorts of ways. It is amazing & measuring 1 day over so pretty good.
Aww what a lovely week you will have, it feels so nice once things don’t have to be secret anymore, also my bump definitely has increased in size quite a bit this last 2-3 weeks and I would be unable to cover it up, my normal clothes do not fit properly now, I can get away with some dresses but non of my trousers fit 😂😂x

Sam5

#1310 Post by Sam5 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:27 pm
Sam5 wrote:
Lastchancesaloon wrote:

Such an exciting time 🥰
Aww what a lovely week you will have, it feels so nice once things don’t have to be secret anymore, also my bump definitely has increased in size quite a bit this last 2-3 weeks and I would be unable to cover it up, my normal clothes do not fit properly now, I can get away with some dresses but non of my trousers fit 😂😂x
None of mine have fit me since stims!
Ive ordered some mat jeans & shorts & some work trousers but all the work trousers are disgusting so I need to keep searching.
I have lots of flowy tops though so I can hide my unbuttoned trousers quite easily!

I actually cant wait to be massive 😂 which people keep saying they will remind me of in January!

Has your sickness completely gone now?

Lastchancesaloon

#1311 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:32 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:47 pm
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Sam5 wrote:

Ive ordered some mat jeans & shorts & some work trousers but all the work trousers are disgusting so I need to keep searching.
I have lots of flowy tops though so I can hide my unbuttoned trousers quite easily!

I actually cant wait to be massive 😂 which people keep saying they will remind me of in January!

Ha ha yes I think having a noticeable bump is nice though think about 24-28 weeks is the idea size as long as it’s not too hot like it has been this last few weeks as it’s been so hot, I have ended up with an awful rash under one boob and struggling to get it to clear up but that’s just because they have gotten so heavy and then it’s been so hot 🙈🙈
Yea I don’t feel sick now unless I eat too much in one go so I try to eat little but very often my craving at the minute is hot and sour soup from the Chinese and cheese, crackers, chillis and picked onions 😩😩
How about you, has your sickness improved and what are you enjoying eating? X

Sam5

#1312 Post by Sam5 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:32 pm
Sam5 wrote:
Lastchancesaloon wrote:

Ha ha yes I think having a noticeable bump is nice though think about 24-28 weeks is the idea size as long as it’s not too hot like it has been this last few weeks as it’s been so hot, I have ended up with an awful rash under one boob and struggling to get it to clear up but that’s just because they have gotten so heavy and then it’s been so hot 🙈🙈
Yea I don’t feel sick now unless I eat too much in one go so I try to eat little but very often my craving at the minute is hot and sour soup from the Chinese and cheese, crackers, chillis and picked onions 😩😩
It's better but I'm still sick.
I keep eating mince... so burgers, cottage pie, bolognese ... & also still just carbs, pasta, potatoes, bread etc!

The thought of chicken makes me instantly nauseous so that'll be off the menu for the foreseeable. It's do strange really isn't it?

I have bought a tshirt that says "it's not a food baby" - I might just wear that non stop for the next few weeks 😂

& I am still exhausted as well... really cannot wait for this burst of energy in a few weeks!

Lastchancesaloon

#1313 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:19 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 pm
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:32 pm
Sam5 wrote:

It's better but I'm still sick.
I keep eating mince... so burgers, cottage pie, bolognese ... & also still just carbs, pasta, potatoes, bread etc!

The thought of chicken makes me instantly nauseous so that'll be off the menu for the foreseeable. It's do strange really isn't it?

I have bought a tshirt that says "it's not a food baby" - I might just wear that non stop for the next few weeks 😂

& I am still exhausted as well... really cannot wait for this burst of energy in a few weeks!
It is all so strange I can manage chicken but no other meat at the min, I am cooking full meals for everyone else at the min but I can’t face eating them lol but at least I can cook most of the time now :-)
I think cheese is definitely my fav food at the min ans keep finding myself in the fridge cutting another block to nibble on 🙈🙈 the alt shirt sounds like a good one 😂😂

Sam5

#1314 Post by Sam5 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:47 pm

I've had worrying news today...
My baby has 1/9 chance of Edwards or pataus syndrome (this is normally 1/2000) so I've been offered either a further blood test which is more accurate or an invasive test... I cant decide which to go for.

Also, 1/34 chance of downs but same options for that.

Does anyone have advice?

Lastchancesaloon

#1315 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:43 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:47 pm
My baby has 1/9 chance of Edwards or pataus syndrome (this is normally 1/2000) so I've been offered either a further blood test which is more accurate or an invasive test... I cant decide which to go for.

Does anyone have advice?
Bless you, I was so worried waiting for those results, we discussed what we would do if our results came back high and said we would do the further blood test but then felt the risk of miscarriage of the amniocentesis was just too risky for us but it really is a personal decision and how much having a disabled baby would affect your decision to continue with the pregnant. We decided that we would not terminate anyway so felt there was no point on putting the pregnancy at further risk. I feel for you so much, is there any family history which could help you decide? X

Sam5

#1316 Post by Sam5 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:08 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:43 pm
Sam5 wrote:

Does anyone have advice?
Bless you, I was so worried waiting for those results, we discussed what we would do if our results came back high and said we would do the further blood test but then felt the risk of miscarriage of the amniocentesis was just too risky for us but it really is a personal decision and how much having a disabled baby would affect your decision to continue with the pregnant. We decided that we would not terminate anyway so felt there was no point on putting the pregnancy at further risk. I feel for you so much, is there any family history which could help you decide? X
For edwards & pataus they mostly become miscarriages or still birth. If they are born alive they could be born with all sorts of thing included no eyes & they can only live up to 1 year (unless it's partial & then they can rarely live past 1 year).
I'm going to have additional blood test tomorrow which gives a 90% outcome, they take about 2 weeks to come back.

Lastchancesaloon

#1317 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:08 pm
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Sam5 wrote:

Does anyone have advice?
For edwards & pataus they mostly become miscarriages or still birth. If they are born alive they could be born with all sorts of thing included no eyes & they can only live up to 1 year (unless it's partial & then they can rarely live past 1 year).
I'm going to have additional blood test tomorrow which gives a 90% outcome, they take about 2 weeks to come back.
Gosh that will be another hard two week wait but I think your right to try and find out more and 90% accuracy will give you a much better idea of what you are dealing with. It seems so cruel doesn’t it to have such a lovely experience in your scan to then have this to deal with, I feel so much for you right now :-( x

Sam5

#1318 Post by Sam5 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:46 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 pm
Sam5 wrote:
Lastchancesaloon wrote:

Gosh that will be another hard two week wait but I think your right to try and find out more and 90% accuracy will give you a much better idea of what you are dealing with. It seems so cruel doesn’t it to have such a lovely experience in your scan to then have this to deal with, I feel so much for you right now :-( x
Yeah, just keep your fingers crossed for me.

Lastchancesaloon

#1319 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:29 am

Sam5 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:46 pm
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 pm
Sam5 wrote:

Yeah, just keep your fingers crossed for me.
I will indeed have everything crossed for you, hopefully the results will come back quicker than 2 weeks and that the 2 weeks is only a maximum 🤞🤞
Hope gig and amz are ok too as they haven’t been on for a while,
We get the keys for our new house today so this next 2-3 weeks will be quite mad but then we can take our time to get straight and make it a home, I’m sure it won’t be as straight forward as I would like but I’m looking forward to more space x

Glg

#1320 Post by Glg » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:38 pm

Hi ladies
Hope your good so sorry I’ve been sooo busy with work just feeling quite stressed at the minute!

Lastchance glad to hear everything is a good with you… we hadn’t heard from you so was getting worried!! But great news about the scan! Shame about the injections but at least it’s good for baby xxx you going to find out what your having?
Congratulations on the new house!! Exciting busy times ahead! Xx

Sam… lovely news about your scan… im sure your baby is perfect xxI’m so sorry you’ve had the scary news about the screening news… I’m praying for the best for you xxx

We had our scan Tuesday… had a mini scare where I was bleeding so totally panicked out but luckily the scan came at the right time. Babies are good.,, just waiting on the screening tests… you got yours back quite quickly Sam x
We are actually measuring abit bigger so I’m 14 weeks on Sunday which was a surprise.
Other than that I thought I would get more checks etc with having twins.., but I guess it depends where you live and your circumstances!!
I’m having a scan at 18 weeks rather than 20 weeks but I don’t need a special consultant or anything so hopefully all good xx

This whole worry lark never ends does it!! I just feel like I’m going to be worrying for 9 months! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sam5

#1321 Post by Sam5 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Glg wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:38 pm
Hi ladies
Hope your good so sorry I’ve been sooo busy with work just feeling quite stressed at the minute!

Lastchance glad to hear everything is a good with you… we hadn’t heard from you so was getting worried!! But great news about the scan! Shame about the injections but at least it’s good for baby xxx you going to find out what your having?
Congratulations on the new house!! Exciting busy times ahead! Xx

Sam… lovely news about your scan… im sure your baby is perfect xxI’m so sorry you’ve had the scary news about the screening news… I’m praying for the best for you xxx

We had our scan Tuesday… had a mini scare where I was bleeding so totally panicked out but luckily the scan came at the right time. Babies are good.,, just waiting on the screening tests… you got yours back quite quickly Sam x
We are actually measuring abit bigger so I’m 14 weeks on Sunday which was a surprise.
Other than that I thought I would get more checks etc with having twins.., but I guess it depends where you live and your circumstances!!
I’m having a scan at 18 weeks rather than 20 weeks but I don’t need a special consultant or anything so hopefully all good xx

This whole worry lark never ends does it!! I just feel like I’m going to be worrying for 9 months! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Ahh, good to hear from you! Glad everything is going well.
No news is good news... they said to me if its bad they'll ring this week if its good they'll just post the results next week.

I basically have 75% that everything is fine, 22% that the baby has one of those awful conditions & 3% chance its downs instead, so just another awful 2 week wait but with better odds really.

Lastchancesaloon- yes 2 weeks is the max I think. I had the bloods done at 9am this morning after phoning the midwife at 840 ...perks of working at the hospital!
Wow moving day 🥳 congratulations! Make sure you don't do anything too strenuous! Enjoy nesting!!

Sam5

#1322 Post by Sam5 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Good news... I got my results back today, all clear for those awful conditions!!

I am high risk of all sorts though due to low papp, so under consultant care now.

Glg

#1323 Post by Glg » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:01 am

Hey Sam

Oh wow that’s great news I’m so happy for you xxx
How is everyone?

Sorry I’ve been quiet I’ve been in hospital!! So just recovering at home now… very long story short… my right ovary is giving me
Pain… still large from the stims.., I honestly thought I was miscarrying… what a week,,, just so glad we are ok xxx

Sam5

#1324 Post by Sam5 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:13 am

Glg wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:01 am
Hey Sam

Oh wow that’s great news I’m so happy for you xxx
How is everyone?

Sorry I’ve been quiet I’ve been in hospital!! So just recovering at home now… very long story short… my right ovary is giving me
Pain… still large from the stims.., I honestly thought I was miscarrying… what a week,,, just so glad we are ok xxx
Aww. That sounds terrible!!
Is everything all OK now? Did they manage to reduce your ovary?

Glg

#1325 Post by Glg » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:47 am

Honestly it was the worst pain ever. Both of ovaries are still very bulky but the only thing they can do is remove them which at this stage is too risky for the babies. Basically when they are too heavy they twist and turn with the weight which causes the pain.

Stayed in hospital for a week on various drugs etc so it had eased and now off sick for two weeks and I hope it just settles down!!

Honestly I thought we had done the hard bit.,, it seems never ending with worry.

How are you?
How’s your belly? Xx