Awaiting first scan

For the in-betweenies, fingers crossed everybody!!

Moderator: Administrator

DRobinson

Awaiting first scan

#1 Post by DRobinson » Wed May 08, 2019 9:48 am

HI,

Just wondering if anyone on here was awaiting their first scan?

Its my first cycle of ICSI and we had a positive test on bank holiday Monday (absolutely overjoyed and in shock) Our first scan is set for 23rd - does anyone know what to expect at this stage?

:)

CSInAStrangeWorld

Re: Awaiting first scan

#2 Post by CSInAStrangeWorld » Thu May 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi!

I got a positive on the 26/4... also after my first round of ICSI! My first scan was booked for the 21/5 (was meant to be next week but I’m due to be away)

However, I had a bleed yesterday :( As I pulled out my pessary applicator! Haven’t had any more since but naturally I feel so low and worried. I’m going in tomorrow for a scan to see what’s going on.

Wishing you all the luck and a happy and healthy 9 months xx

DRobinson

Re: Awaiting first scan

#3 Post by DRobinson » Mon May 20, 2019 11:53 am

How did you get on with your scan?

Sadly I experienced exactly the same issue yesterday when I pulled out my pessary applicator. It was spotting initially just when I wiped but towards the evening it became a bit more and started to appear in my liner. When I woke this morning I had more on my liner but hadn't had to change. I was however getting some mild cramps and my breast tenderness and sickness had also suddenly disappeared.

We were due our scan on Thursday but contacted them to advise and they fit me in this morning.
Devastingly the scan showed nothing and I did a test and that too was negative.

I am absolutely devasted as we truly thought we'd been so lucky. To think about having to tell those that knew that I am no longer pregnant fills with me dread as it makes it all more real. Then the thought of just having to go back to normal is heartbreaking, along with the thought that you have to wait 3mths before trying again.

It's such an emotional journey and I guess I'd just gotten so happy. We are moving house and had started to plan a nursery and make a list of baby names. We kept trying not to get excited but then I couldn't help it and I allowed myself to get happy.

The fear now is that it will never happen for us. It's just such a different experience to those able to concieve naturally. They can just try again whenever they want as many times as they want but we have to wait, save up again and then you get 1 shot.

Sorry for the negativity, I'm still in shock and think I just need to sound off. I am totally numb.