July viability scans...

For the in-betweenies, fingers crossed everybody!!

Moderator: Administrator

Lyd

July viability scans...

#1 Post by Lyd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:56 am

Hey guys

Anyone here having their viability scan in July?

I have mine booked for 25th July.

I've been feeling ok, just sore boobs at the moment but yesterday and today, seemed to have a little brown on the pessarie and wondered if anyone else has had the same to ease my concerns?

:)

Dalex1

Re: July viability scans...

#2 Post by Dalex1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Hiya Lyd,

I have mine on Monday - feel sick at the thought of it! I keep retesting I’m obsessed. & I don’t really feel any different which is making me more paranoid... funny you mention about “brown” discharge... I haven’t had any bleeding or discharge at all until Monday when I had visible brown discharge on a pad but nothing when I wipe & nothing since!? It’s so weird!

Dani

Lyd

#3 Post by Lyd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Hey Dani

Lovely to hear from you.

Yeah its odd isn't it. I literally have had nothing when I wipe (sorry TMI) but just a bit on the pessarie when used. Seems to be gone the last couple of days though.

I have only got tender boobs and feel a bit swollen - but apart from that nothing!!

I bet you cannot wait for Monday!!n I have still another 2 weeks to go and it is killing me!

Are you are Care? xx

Dalex1

#4 Post by Dalex1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Likewise!

So odd, can’t make sense of any of it! I knew IVF was going to be a challenge but I wasn’t at all prepared for just how hard it was going to be! Every step feels like it just gets harder as well! I can’t help but be a negative ass at the moment.

Above anything else the waiting is the worst part feels like it’s constant doesn’t it!

I’m constantly starving if that counts for anything...literally eating us out of house & home...& some!!!

Can’t wait for Monday but at the same time I don’t want it to come around because I’m convinced it’s an empty sac as don’t feel pregnant at all.

I am with Care! Care Northampton to be specific! What about you? How have you found the whole process? Are you doing IVF? Is it your first go? Sorry 101 questions!

Dani xxx

Lyd

#5 Post by Lyd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 pm

It certainly is a challenge!

Oh my god I am starving too! I have never really been a massive eater but I am hungry all day! Just trying not to over eat, but crazing constantly!! And my boobs definitely feel "full" if you know what I mean?!

I am at Care Tunbridge Wells - they are great.

I started the journey in Jan 2018 but it has actually taken us this long to even get to egg transfer - long story - long journey! Managed to get a BFP on our first transfer though, which was a frozen. We have 4 day 5 blastocysts still frozen should we need them too, which is v v reassuring.

I have everything crossed for you for Monday. xxx

Lyd

#6 Post by Lyd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Sorry _ in all that rambling I totally forgot to also ask about your journey....

Quimble

#7 Post by Quimble » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:40 am

Hi guys I tested positive yesterday at 13dp5dt (FET) my scan is a week on Monday so I should be 6 weeks (22nd July) I’m a nervous wreck again as feel no different at all. Had missed MC 3 yrs ago at my 12 week scan which was horrible!! Since then I’ve had another 7 transfers (this being my 8th) so I be had 4 cycles altogether (this 1 is a private one at Care Manchester)

Lyd

#8 Post by Lyd » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:46 am

Congratulations Quimble that is fantastic news!!

You've managed to get your scan so early!!! I am very jealous. I am having to wait 3 weeks from my OTD which was on the 4th and my scan is not until 25th!!! Its killing me!!

Sorry to hear of your journey. I also had a Missed MC in 2016 - I foun out at my 12 week scan that I lost it at 6-7 weeks but my body didn't reject it. had to have a D&C in the end,.

This is the next time I have actually been pregnant since so i am very nervous about the scan.

I am Care in Tunbridge wells and they have been really lovely.

I have no symptoms either except very tender boobs and hunger.

Lovely to here from you. xxx

Quimble

#9 Post by Quimble » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Gosh Lyd just like me, the scan showed it was 8-9 weeks and I had to have a d&c!! Also this is my 1st pregnancy since then!! I had the PGS test this time so that I wasn’t wasting time on bad embryos that would never last!! I asked the clinic for an earlier scan because of my miscarriage and they agreed, also I am gonna have consultant led care at the hospital, that way I can have more scans than going through a midwife.

Emma xx

Lyd

#10 Post by Lyd » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Hey!

Oh wow... that is craxy how very similar our experiences have been so far... But nice to share with someone, even if it is only over a PC!

I had a 5day FET this time round. They said it looked a "good one" but I guess you never know if your body feels the same!

Yeah my hospital suggested I could have extra scans when I go to them because of the MC so i guess I just need to remember to ask!! How did you go about getting consultant led treatment? Is it something I could potentially request do you know?

Thanks for the info... have a lovely weekend and rest easy. xxx

Quimble

#11 Post by Quimble » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm

When you go to your GP to confirm your pregnancy just tell them you want consultant led care and he will refer you to the hospital. I’m a nurse in theatre so I am asking for a specific doctor but any obstetric doctor is fine, then you just want to ask for regular scans, I’m gonna ask for every 3 weeks x wishing you all the best it must be our time surely!!!!!!! I’m just nervous and scared as is my other half!! 😩😩

Lyd

#12 Post by Lyd » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:47 pm

It's a natural feeling I guess... we are the same!

I have everything crossed for us! XXX

Quimble

#13 Post by Quimble » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Lyd don’t know if it’s you on the other thread?? But today I am 15dp5dt and have been getting a brown when I wipe (TMI) and some mild cramps, last time I had this was 5dp5dt and thought it was implantation bleed, I’m so worried now 😫😫

Emma x

Lyd

#14 Post by Lyd » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi!

Erm I think i’m In the July Testing group too?

So I had some brown on my pessaries about the same sort of time and it’s stopped now.

I ha ent called the clinic as I keep thinking there’s nothing they can do till the scan, but maybe give them. Ring if it might help?

I get cramps quote a lot still also but I am just having to keep hopeful. Xxx

Quimble

#15 Post by Quimble » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Mine has stopped now but still getting a bit of cramping, like you said might as well wait for scan, mines a week tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏

Lyd

#16 Post by Lyd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:40 am

Yeah. I keep looking up symptoms but my OH is very level headed and just says to me there is no point stressing. Can't change anything and it's best to relax at the moment.

I get cramping quite a lot too.

Good luck for your scan.

Mine is a week on Thursday. xxx

Quimble

#17 Post by Quimble » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Well I rang up care today and said I was stressing, so i have been in for a blood test then I have another on Wednesday and it will tell me if I’m going in the right direction!! Just think it will stop me stressing out!!!

Emma x

Lyd

#18 Post by Lyd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Ahh cool ok. I hope it all goes well for you!

Let me know how you get on. xx

Quimble

#19 Post by Quimble » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:48 pm

Well my results today were HCG of 3250 so she said that’s on track go 5 weeks, got another one tomorrow and it should go up by at least 60% 🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏 hope everything’s going ok for you lyd?

Emma xx

Lyd

#20 Post by Lyd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:40 am

Ahh Emma that's really great news!! Well done you! I hope your test today goes ok too - let me know.

Do you have to travel far to your clinic? Mine is over an hours drive - it's a nightmare when I do need to go as it is pretty much a whole morning off work. My boss is brillliant but it is still such a long process.

I am going to hold out until my scan next Thursday - 1 week and 1 day to go!

Feeling quite bloated today - not sure if that is the pessaries.

I keep having dreams about pregnancy too - its really odd!

xxx

Lydia xx

Quimble

#21 Post by Quimble » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:27 am

I live in Bolton and I am having treatment at Care Manchester but they have satellite clinics and there is one in Bolton about 20min drive. I had 3 rounds at Saint Mary’s (Manchester) on the NHS with one pregnancy (1st go) but MC. This one is private using access fertility and having the PGS test. (Expensive but hopefully worth it!!) where is your clinic

Emma x

Lyd

#22 Post by Lyd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 am

oh that's quite a journey then when you do have to go to Manchester.

I live in Gillingham in Kent and travel to Tunbridge Wells clinic. We do have a satellite clinic a bit nearer but only for scans and I have actually only ever manged to go there once, so not really worth it!

I am on NHS at the moment so feeling very lucky that we are not having to pay. I have 4 blastocysts still frozen so hopefully, one of them will be a success.

Good luck again today.

xxx Lydia

Quimble

#23 Post by Quimble » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Bolton to Manchester is not that far only 10 miles but sometimes traffic is bad in the mornings so can take an hour. Bloods cane back today at 5750 so on track, just fingers crossed 🤞 for the scan Monday!!!! 🙏🙏🙏 still scared 😦

Emma x

Lyd

#24 Post by Lyd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:50 am

Oh well done that is great news. xx

The BEST of luck on Monday and I hope the weekend doesn't drag too much for you!

I'm feeling ok today. Very swollen at the moment and can't do up my jeans properly - I think it might be the pessaries? Did you get that?

xx

Quimble

#25 Post by Quimble » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:00 am

Yes, I’ve started wearing dresses!! Think it is pessaries, my OH working all weekend too so will drag!! Booked midwife today for next Wednesday too so can get referred for consultant led care

Emma x