BFP and awaiting October six week scan

For the in-betweenies, fingers crossed everybody!!

Moderator: Administrator

Flash19

Re: BFP and awaiting October six week scan

#151 Post by Flash19 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi Luckybabe,

Which care clinic are you at? I know how you feel I'm nearly 15 weeks and you are always focusing on the next scan or milestone but 12 week scan is a buggy! I had to wait til 13 weeks for mine! I had the care one at six weeks then two at nine weeks due to a bleed and then 13. Been having some sharp twinges over the weekend so may well be sent back for another this week!

If it's any help my sickness tended to ease off at around 13.5 weeks although I was lucky and only had permanent queasy sickness and never actually sick. Comes odd days now but generally gone but it's replaced with tiredness and headaches 🙄🙄

Oh the joys. Congratulations though very exciting time after such a long journey!

Fx

Luckybabe37

#152 Post by Luckybabe37 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:47 am

Care Sheffield am with flash they have bein brilliant thou cant fault them had scan with them at 7 weeks that’s it but had scan at 5 weeks local hospital due to bleeding I thrn paid for private scan at 9 weeks which showed us baby growing well. My 12 week scan is 13 th dec I will be 12 weeks 2 days lol wow ad love to be 15 weeks now I wil be 14 weeks Xmas day. Twinges? Growing pains maybe ? I am not feeling too bad at min As now sickness eased off odd gas pains at min that’s it. Odd pullin I get but think it’s stretching ect normal. Did they tell u wat bleed was? It’s one big stress ball isn’t it I will be happy wen at 20 weeks that’s it lol x

CharlotteB87

#153 Post by CharlotteB87 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi Flash,

wow your got your letter really quickly. I haven't anything as of yet so hoping that means the high risk phone call isn't coming. I'll just sit tight and wait for the letter.

which books did you go for? there are so many! A lady at work has recommended one so I might get that.

That is great you have been given so much stuff... so far I have nothing :lol: but I haven't actually seen anyone since we started telling people so maybe over xmas we will start getting some hand me downs.

Thanks Lucky, glad to be passed the scan, just waiting on the screening results now.

x

Flash19

#154 Post by Flash19 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi Charlotte,

I thought that the longer I heard nothing the better it was 😁😁. Paid for a reassurance scan earlier today and saw such a difference even in 11 days since dating scan! The babies arms and legs had grown so much and think they're taking after my other half as he has really long legs! We could see the baby kicking me and lying on its head! We also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time which was amazing!!

Feeling a lot better now and won't be doing any moving things that are too big like I did before my sharp pains - hence the scan! So relieved!

Lucky it is always a worry. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and will be 18 by Christmas!

Fx

CharlotteB87

#155 Post by CharlotteB87 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 am

Hi Flash,

yes definitely, the longer I hear noting the better.

That's great news and how lovely to finally hear the heart beat. I think I am going to pay for a reassurance/gender scan just before Christmas, they can go gender from 16 weeks apparently. It will be lovely to be able to tell people the gender over Christmas plus I would also really like to hear the heart beat and would mean waiting until my 20week scan otherwise.

It's amazing how quickly they grow isn't it and I am so glad you are ok and the pains were nothing to worry about :D :D

Yes keep leave all the big heavy jobs to your other half.

So according to my treatment dates I will be 14 weeks tomorrow, original estimated due date was 4th June, but now that I have had my dating scan my due date is 2nd June, does that make me 14 weeks today?!?!?

xx

Flash19

#156 Post by Flash19 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:51 am

Hi Charlotte,

Yes I moved my dates according to the dating scan so consider my self 15 weeks today. Makes me chuckle that you're exactly one week behind me -with your due date too 😁😁

We've started ripping out cupboards for the nursery and got a wardrobe off my sister so bit by bit I'm getting there 😁😁😁

Fx

Luckybabe37

#157 Post by Luckybabe37 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:08 pm

And am only 11 weeks Tomaz lol feel likes behind ur too wish I was as far lol I am also havein gender scan 59 pound package as I can’t wait lol . Bought of them things to check baby heart away each day for ressurance it’s awsome only 13pound. Wen did ur guys get ur bumps? Xx

CharlotteB87

#158 Post by CharlotteB87 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Flash19 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:51 am
We've started ripping out cupboards for the nursery and got a wardrobe off my sister so bit by bit I'm getting there 😁😁😁
that's exciting, our spare room has been empty other than a spin bike since we moved in a year ago so it's a nice blank canvas. Recently had the room plastered so in the new year we will think about painting it and getting bits to go in it.

I don't really have a bump, I am certainly getting bigger but not really a definitive bump yet. First pregnancies take longer to show as your muscles need to stretch first. Most of my friends who have had babies did show until around 16 weeks.

x

Luckybabe37

#159 Post by Luckybabe37 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Aww I got quite a bump but like u said this is my 2nd one so stretch quicker I just can’t relax til get past 12 weeks anothe milestone passed. It stil not sunk in x

CharlotteB87

#160 Post by CharlotteB87 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am

and just like that bump has popped over night! Had to wear maternity jeans today!

Luckybabe37

#161 Post by Luckybabe37 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Wow 😮 my bump is sticking out a mile in all my clothes am on holiday at min and can’t fit in to nowt rite lol. Wen do u find out what ur havein?

CharlotteB87

#162 Post by CharlotteB87 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Well my 20 week scan is on the 20th January (ill be 20+6) but if I do opt to have a private scan then I will probably have that around 17weeks. My birthday is Christmas eve which is when I will be 17 weeks according to my dating scan so was thinking of going then.

Oh and Flash, my screening all came back negative thank god.

x

Luckybabe37

#163 Post by Luckybabe37 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Aww that’s Awsome char am 14 weeks Xmas day. Have u got ya heart set on boy or girl? X

CharlotteB87

#164 Post by CharlotteB87 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:18 am

Well I have a step son so would be nice for my husband to have one of each but of course I'd be happy with either.

have you?

x