So nervous about the scan

For the in-betweenies, fingers crossed everybody!!

Moderator: Administrator

Louise90

Re: So nervous about the scan

#51 Post by Louise90 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi all,
We also had our scan today and saw our little baby and heartbeat. Even though we saw it last Monday, it felt different as that one felt more of an emergency scan as I was bleeding and expecting the worst. So managed to relax and enjoy it. So crazy to see some defined features growing so early! Measured perfect for dates which is so reassuring.

So pleased to hear your scans went well too!

LisaTouhig

#52 Post by LisaTouhig » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Hi Louise, so glad that the scan went well. Hope the bleeding has stopped for you. I had a scan at 7 and 8 weeks and couldn't get over the difference. I've got my 12 week scan 2 weeks today.

Claireabell

#53 Post by Claireabell » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:34 am

Hi Ladies,
I’ve been reading all your posts about the scans, mine tomorrow and I’m quite nervous, more than I thought I would be. Over analysing everything, this pregnancy paranoia is something else!
I am hoping for pictures too, would be a lovely record, I am at Tamworth and they are a lovey bunch, so if they don’t offer I may just ask :wink:

Luckily I have a full day today to keep me busy.
So pleased for you all with your lovey results x

Tatty-Bow

#54 Post by Tatty-Bow » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Good luck for tomorrow Claireabell. Let us know how you get on.
I'm sure they'll give you pictures. Is your OH allowed in? X

Claireabell

#55 Post by Claireabell » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Thank you Tatty -Bow, yes I believe he is, he was for transfer and I think for this one too, I’m sure I checked when I booked.

LisaTouhig

#56 Post by LisaTouhig » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:14 pm

Good luck Claire, I was also at care in Tamworth. They are so lovely there. They gave me 4 pictures and my partner was allowed in with me too.

Claireabell

#57 Post by Claireabell » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:33 pm

All was well at the scan, we have 3 pictures and it was so wonderful to see the heartbeat. We feel so grateful to get to this point as I know it doesn’t happen for everyone. Fingers crossed for the next stages.
Sending virtual hugs to you all x

LisaTouhig

#58 Post by LisaTouhig » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:28 pm

Thats great news Claire, so pleased for you. Have they discharged you now? What did they say about your progesterone. Can you stop taking them now? Xx

Claireabell

#59 Post by Claireabell » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:19 pm

Thank you! yes to the discharge but I have to keep the medication until week 12. I was frozen transfer, so 4 weeks 6 days of the pesseries and Tablets left but it’s a small sacrifice for the long term outcome :D

AnnaBC

#60 Post by AnnaBC » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 pm

LisaTouhig wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:25 pm
I have everything crossed for you Anna, please keep me posted x
Hi Lisa,

I have been going for scans 3 weeks in a row now, and they could only see the sac all 3 times, so yesterday they confirmed I have had a miscarriage and now I need to wait for the body to get rid of the tissue either on its own or with medication. hopefully this will happen quickly and won't be too painful..

LisaTouhig

#61 Post by LisaTouhig » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi Anna, im so so sorry. Ivf is such a hard and emotional journey. Make sure you rest up and give yourself time to heal, sending big hugs.

KBroughton6

#62 Post by KBroughton6 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:44 pm

Tatty-Bow wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:21 pm
I've been taking x3 200mg pessarries a day. I'll have 2 weeks left of them so I think I'll finish them too. Like you say they feel like a safety net. I may reduce them to twice a day when I hit 8 weeks. She said the placenta takes over at 3 months from the yolk sac so not sure why we stop the pessaries earlier compared to the FET.
I was going to just stop taking mine but now I’m wondering if I should keep going? I think I’ll have an extra 2 weeks of them when I finish on Tuesday too. The nurse said there was no harm in stopping. I absolutely hate them and wondered if they were causing awful side effects?

Lisa - what’s your opinion on them?

AnnaBC

#63 Post by AnnaBC » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:12 pm

LisaTouhig wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:19 pm
Hi Anna, im so so sorry. Ivf is such a hard and emotional journey. Make sure you rest up and give yourself time to heal, sending big hugs.
thank you xx

LisaTouhig

#64 Post by LisaTouhig » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:13 am

Hi KBroughton, I was told I could stop taking them at 8 weeks and felt very nervous about this. I had about 2 weeks worth left so decided to finish them off. I just reduced them over the 2 weeks. I went from 800mg to 400mg, down to 200mg, then stopped. They said the placenta takes over around 8 weeks but if you do decided to continue taking them its not going to do any harm.

Hows everyone doing?

LisaTouhig

#65 Post by LisaTouhig » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:18 pm

Hows everyone doing? Xx

Tatty-Bow

#66 Post by Tatty-Bow » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi Lisa, sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm doing okay. Sickness and tiredness has been though the past few weeks but if all is going okay with the little one then I dont want to moan.

How are you? Have you had any further scans?

LisaTouhig

#67 Post by LisaTouhig » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi Tatty-Bow, glad to hear you are doing well. How many weeks are you now?
I'm doing well thank you. Sickness has stopped but still getting tired. I had my 12 week scan at the hospital last week. Im now 13 weeks + 2 days. We are having a gender scan in 2 weeks time xx

KBroughton6

#68 Post by KBroughton6 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi Lisa! That’s very exciting! Any guesses on the gender? Some people have told me that they can tell the baby’s gender at the 12 week scan.

Tatty-bow - how’s the sickness and tiredness?

I stopped taking the progesterone and felt better from it at 8 weeks. My sickness seems to have gone away. I’m just very tired and finding it difficult to sleep through the night (I’m either uncomfortable or I need to use the restroom). I’ve put on so much weight too. I ordered some maternity clothes but they’re still a little large so I’m kind of in between now. I’m 11 weeks today and my next scan isn’t until the 6th (I’ll be almost 13 weeks then).

LisaTouhig

#69 Post by LisaTouhig » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi KBroughton, I'm also struggling to sleep at night too. I spent most the night trying to get comfortable. My friend said a pregnacy pillow really helped her so ive order one from amazon. I already have a bump and also had to buy maternity jeans as nothing fits me haha. I have no idea what I'm having. A lot of friends think its a boy. How you feeling anout your 12 week scan? Xx

KBroughton6

#70 Post by KBroughton6 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:38 pm

Hi Lisa - Ahh a pregnancy pillow sounds like a good idea. I’ll look into that too. I feel pretty good about the next scan. I had a little bit of spotting at 8 weeks so I had an early scan and they said everything looked great (and the spotting stopped).

I definitely can’t hide the bump, especially at fitness class. When people ask, I just tell them the truth. I’m honestly so excited, I wish I could just shout about it. One more week to go.

Do you think it’s a boy? x

LisaTouhig

#71 Post by LisaTouhig » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 pm

My pillow comes tomorrow and I'm so excited 😂. I really have no idea what I'm having. Think my partner would like a boy as he already has 3 beautiful girls from his first marriage. Are you going to find out what your having? Glad the spotting has stopped and everything was ok.

Tatty-Bow

#72 Post by Tatty-Bow » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:26 am

Hi ladies,

Sickness is subsiding although I felt terrible this morning but thankfully it didn't last long. Tiredness is still a constant feature. Crazy how tired I am at about 8pm :lol:

I am also uncomfortable at night. Either need the loo or just a fidget. I show after I've eaten and feel bloated most of the time. Gave up on jeans when we went into lockdown so its been joggers or leggings.

Ended up having a 9week scan as I think the hospital didn't realise it was an IVF baby so thought I was 14 weeks. Nice to see our little one and have my OH with me. First time he's been allowed in to an appointment. Next scan is the 7th so we will be just under 13 weeks.

KBroughton are you going to find out the gender?

Lisa let us know how the pillow is and send the link if its a good one :D

Applecart

#73 Post by Applecart » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Hi everyone, Hope you don’t mind me joining. I have my first scan next week and have been getting more and more anxious over the past week. My only symptoms are feeling more tired than usual and more hungry. I can’t help but think the lack of any other symptoms can’t be a good sign. The scan seems so far away still and it’s hard to stay positive! Has anyone else had a lack of symptoms?

xx

Tatty-Bow

#74 Post by Tatty-Bow » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:17 am

Hi Applecart,

Firstly congratulations on your BFP! Secondly dont worry about symptom spotting. I know its hard not to, I remember I just kept feeling to make sure my boobs still hurt :lol: tiredness and hunger are the main symptoms I had in the early stages. Nausea didn't come until a few weeks after the CARE scan.

Before you know it you'll see your little one on screen.

Keep us updated :D

LisaTouhig

#75 Post by LisaTouhig » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:47 am

Hi Tatty-Bow, the pillow was lovely. Still woke a few time but I was much more comfortable. I'll send the link lol. Its nice that you got an extra scan.

Hi applecart, congrats your bfp. Like Tatty-Bow said try not to worry about symptoms. My sickness didn't really kick in until about 7 weeks. I was so nervous the closer I got to my scan but I told the nurses and they were so lovely and reassuring. What date is your scan?