So nervous about the scan

For the in-betweenies, fingers crossed everybody!!

Moderator: Administrator

Lworl1509

Re: So nervous about the scan

#251 Post by Lworl1509 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Ah thank you Jusam, really feel for you experiencing this for a couple of weeks.
CARE phoned and she was so lovely and reassuring that it is common after an internal scan and that yesterday's scan gave no indication of a problem/bleeding, so it's old blood potentially from implantation/the pessary applicators. She didn't seem concerned at all and said not to worry... easier said than done as you know. Feeling better as the day has gone on but it's just something you never want to see isn't it, and I guess I just have to wait and see what happens.
Glad you have another scan Monday for peace of mind... It really does mess with your head doesn't it. I think until we are out of the first trimester this worry isn't going to disappear, and even then I am sure it never goes completely. Your plans sound lovely, hope you can relax a bit, you deserve it. Tomor I have some retail therapy and lunch with my friend, but she doesn't know so hopefully it'll be a good distraction. To be honest I just want to curl on the sofa and watch films haha. X

Tatty-Bow

#252 Post by Tatty-Bow » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while I've just been so tired. Glad all of your scans have been going well. I totally understand those of you who are having private scans. We need to put our mind at ease as much as we can and if a scan helps then do it. Its been a long journey to get here.

Lowl1509 sorry to hear about your bleed but it really does sound like it was an irritation caused by the scan. Just rest and relax this weekend as much as you can. Hopefully your scan on next week will show all is well.

No change with me 14 weeks now and still get the odd bit of nausea but grateful that my appetite seems to have come back and I can finally drink more water. It was a real struggle in the first trimester. Cant belive im in the second trimester.. the worry doesn't go but it gets slightly easier. Not sure if the worry will ever fully go...

Hope you all have a lovely weekend x

Kelly1982

#253 Post by Kelly1982 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:01 pm

Lworl Hi darling am sorry I have only got in here now !! How are you now. Has the blood stopped !! Am so sorry to hear this. It’s such a worry for any of us. Is it possible to go private. Isn’t possible to get any appointment before wed. It seems to far for me. I honestly don’t think I could manage a night or hours without going for scan to check. Is it possible. I hope you have family around you to support you. But above all I hope the bleed has stopped and it was just the scan or passeries that caused it. 🤗 you are in my thought right now.

Applecart If it will help you I never had any symptoms apart from slightly bigger boobs with my first. So you should just count your self lucky. I am wishing you all the best for the scan tomor 🤗

Jusam Thankyou So much yes I hear bleeding it’s quite common but don’t mean anything is wrong. But I can imagine you have been so worried who wouldn’t be. I don’t have the bleed but am still extremely worried so I can’t even start to understand how you feel. But am glad everything is ok with baby regardless of the bleed

Tatty-bow well done for reaching second trimester. !! I didn’t know I have started second trimester until I went to doctors today and he asked me if am still using first trimester vitamins am like yes !! He went no you are on the second trimester now ! So even though it’s an achievement it don’t mean I can start to relax and worry less. The worry don’t stop. I still worry for my boy who is 3years. !! We just have to find a way to deal with it. Don’t know how yet. But am happy for you for reaching this stage. 🤗great that your appetite has picked up. I went out with a friend today for lunch when I got back had to rush to hug the toilet. It seems every time I go in the car I have to get sick. !! Good that it’s starting to get better for you.

LisaTouhig Hi 🤗 yes am very happy to hear we are having a girl. Originally my first I thought it was a girl already had a name but it ended up to be a boy which I was soo happy about too. So it’s such a blessing to have a girl 🤗 I think with time I will get to relax more and be happy I hope. Children are such a blessing regardless of their gender. It’s such a unique and amazing thing to happen to anyone. I just pray and hope all of us with pregnancy for it to continue well and healthy. And for those who are trying to succeed. With God anything is possible. Destiny can be delayed but not denied. I hope you are doing well 🤗
Last edited by Kelly1982 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
(ICSI cycle July/August 2016) OTD 10.08.2016 BFP
Baby boy born March 2017
Low sperm c hubby
ICSI fresh cycle May ??

Lworl1509

#254 Post by Lworl1509 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Thank you Kelly1982 you are so sweet. It has stopped thank god... there was only a little bit this morning and it faded through the morning. I’m going to try and stay positive and hopeful, and if there is any more blood I will move the scan forward before Weds as it does seem forever away right now.
Hope you’re ok xx

Tattybow 14 weeks 🙌🏼 That’s fab about your appetite... hopefully the waves of nausea will continue to fade now for you. The scans are really reassuring aren’t they. I just hate being in the dark with what’s happening inside us. Hope you’re ok xx

Kelly1982

#255 Post by Kelly1982 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Lworl So sorry I didn’t get to read all your messages before I responded. Was just panicking I think. What a fantastic news to hear the bleeding has stopped. That’s really reassuring. And Ofcourse if you can get to move the scan next week just do it. Why not. Xx the fact we both have the sickness issue you had me soooo worried 🤗🤔 glad all is well. In general how are you feeling now.
Baby boy born March 2017
Low sperm c hubby
ICSI fresh cycle May ??

Lworl1509

#256 Post by Lworl1509 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:31 pm

Ah Thanku xx I’m feeling ok... just tired and want to have a lazy weekend on my own with my hubby. It is a worry but just trying to hold on to hope that everything is ok but scared that it might not be. Haven’t felt as sick today but probably the worry of everything taking over. How are you? 💕💕

Kelly1982

#257 Post by Kelly1982 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Lworl am ok tired from throwing up though ! And my mouth feel so sour. Just sitting down in the sofa trying to take it easy. Will see if there is a film on Netflix I can watch. Something to occupy my evening. And possibly try and drink some water !! The joy. Good that all is well with you x yes we need to stay hopeful and all will be well. I have such a strange mood swings one min am so positive about everything the next i don’t know if am coming or going lol. I just had a glass of warm milk and it can right out after. Hahah. 🤗
Just relax with your hubby and hopefully he can make something nice for you to eat. I had lambshark this afternoon I wish I didn’t. My mouth smells it now and am hating it.
Baby boy born March 2017
Low sperm c hubby
ICSI fresh cycle May ??

Lworl1509

#258 Post by Lworl1509 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Ah film night sounds perfect! You really aren’t having a good time with the sickness are you. I find it’s worse too after a car journey. I said to my hubby last night I have a constant horrible taste in my mouth 🤢 even after nice food. I do keep crying today 🙈 your body has gone through so much in the first trimester - it’s incredible - you’re bound to be going through all of the emotions but it is going to be worth it all 😍 xx

Kelly1982

#259 Post by Kelly1982 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Lworl I know right. The horrible taste doesn’t go away no matter how many chocolate I eat. Hahah. Last week I was eating sweets to get the awful taste away nope it didn’t help. As once you stop the taste is back. I tried picke but they didn’t help !! I went out with a friend earlier for lunch and she said to me I don’t think your belly is just bloating. What have you eaten. You are definitely preg. Am like yes I am hence I came to meet you to tell you in person. !! She was shocked. My stomach is still so big even after stopping passeries. !! I don’t seem to manage to hide it now unless I wear very big jacket !!! And am only 12plus !!
On the other note do you know if it’s ok to use shaving cream down there while pregnant!? As I can’t imagine shaving without it.
Baby boy born March 2017
Low sperm c hubby
ICSI fresh cycle May ??

Lworl1509

#260 Post by Lworl1509 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:26 pm

I’m still managing chocolate too 🤣🙊 but it’s not the same after 😫
Ahhhhh you must be glowing 🥰 how lovely... are you going to start telling everyone now as you see them? Ita great that it’s gotten colder so we can hide under baggy jumpers and jackets a bit more!
Tbh I don’t actually use a shaving cream anyway but looking online they are fine to use while pregnant but as you’re more sensitive during pregnancy it may cause irritation - hopefully others can confirm this for you? X

Kelly1982

#261 Post by Kelly1982 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:39 pm

Lworl glowing haha I wish nope !! I think I won’t be telling many people just now I will just try to hide as much as I can get away with it. I jus want to enjoy this with my family for now. Em how do you get to shave down there without cutting yourself lol. Haha. Normally if I shave with blade I cut myself. Lol so I prefer cream 🤗 I think I will try and not do it so often for now !! I did it going for 12weeks scan but was annoyed she didn’t need my below just my stomach. So I needed not to !!
Baby boy born March 2017
Low sperm c hubby
ICSI fresh cycle May ??

Lworl1509

#262 Post by Lworl1509 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Oh no, what wasted effort 😂😂 I’m hoping my scan on Weds is on my tummy. I dunno really, just a decent razor seems to do the job... cream is probably much nicer tho! Ahhhh yes just enjoy it with your close family and friends in your little bubble. Such a special time 💕 x

Millie2020

#263 Post by Millie2020 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi everyone, just checking in!

Nothing too new with me, feeling a bit drained after a week of nausea, fatigue and work. Started to feel quite sorry for myself this morning but my mum is here now For a short visit and has perked me up. I’m wfh which is fab for having the right snacks to hand, staying in comfies etc, but so boring and lonely after all these lockdown months, and when you are feeling rubbish and queasy you need distractions I think! Awaiting my 7/8 week scan on Tuesday.

Lworl OMG 😭😭 what a nasty shock. I’m so glad I read all your posts in one so have seen that it was only short and that you’ve been reassured by Care. Makes total sense that it’s irritation from scan. Or just one of those things, because it is so common! All the signs are perfect lovely, even with a little blood. I hope you can rest easy over the weekend xx I’m sure you are right about feeling less sick due to the worry. It’s all hormones rushing around your body and if stress hormones are dominating, you will feel less sick. I had an interview on Weds and my adrenaline was pumping for an hour. When I finished I felt no nausea and I actually felt HUNGRY and ordered saag aloo!! 😀 didn’t last long 😂 sending love to you xx

Congratulations to everyone on successful scans and gender news- so lovely! 🥰

Sorry to everyone feeling sick, it is kind of nice to share it though!
Applecart my mum never had symptoms (apart from tanning like crazy!) and I definitely have friends who didn’t 😊

Exercise... Jusam were you asking about this? I have been doing yoga on Bettina Rae’s YouTube channel throughout. She is fab and has classses and meditations for all stages. I need to try her morning sickness one! I normally run a lot and swim a bit, as well as yoga. I pretty much dropped everything except brisk walking from stims onwards and it has made me feel a bit out of myself as it is usually my stress reliever, and I have been feeling quite pudgy too. Not that it should matter, but it would be nice to feel yourself and relatively fit and strong going into pregnancy. So, I have started doing a short swim each week, a short pregnancy work out (body fit with Amy on YouTube) and a few little strides of jogging on my walks, although jogging is the bit I am missing most, but most anxious/uncomfortable about!

In general, they do say gentle exercise is not a risk and is a good thing.

Anyone else any tips/thoughts on exercise? Xx

Lworl1509

#264 Post by Lworl1509 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:15 pm

Haha Millie the sag aloo made me lol :lol: how did the interview go? Well done for doing that during this time!! The sickness is still definitely lingering in the back of my mind today but nothing like it has been. Just have the worry now but I guess we won’t truly know until Weds 🙏🏼 I was posting on here in real time as I didn’t know what to do 🤦🏼‍♀️ Just hope the nurses are right 🙏🏼
Re exercise I really have just had no energy! I think mentally though it is so good for you... just check with your doctor/midwife re jogging if you are worried. I’ve only been walking about 20 mins each day due to where I have to park for work, and try and go on a longer walk at least once a week. I’ll take a look at the meditation for sickness too 😊 sorry you’ve been feeling sick and tired - it’s so draining mentally and physically isn’t it. Bet you can’t wait until your scan on Tuesday now, really excited for you 🥰 it is so magical. Is your partner able to go with you? X

Millie2020

#265 Post by Millie2020 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Yes I am excited/nervous... You keep overtaking me, can’t believe you’ve had 2 scans! 😂 so lucky you’ve already had yours before you had the little bleed though, to reassure you xx yes I believe he can be there 🙂

Lworl1509

#266 Post by Lworl1509 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Haha I know I don’t know why my CARE scan was a week earlier than yours too. Doesn’t seem fair. It’s so nice to have them at the appointment, after going to the rest bar transfer alone. X

annabelle25

#267 Post by annabelle25 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 am

Hi everyone,

It’s been a bit of a week again! Hope you’re all doing well.

Lworl1509 - glad to hear your scan went well but sorry to hear about your bleeding. I’m still bleeding and I’m now at the point I’m on complete rest as it keeps happening. I stupidly went to work and immediately got sent home as the clinic rang and told me off for being there, complete breakdown in the office in front of everyone...was awful. Have you stopped now? It’ll be so good when you’ve finished all your meds. Hopefully that will settle things down. Feel like I had the same day as you yesterday, just wanted my pjs on and the window cleaner didn’t come until 3pm 😭😭😭 the bleeding is hopefully just some irritation which will go as easily as it came. I’ve read all sorts about irritated cervix’s, apparently there’s a huge increase in blood flow and they’re sensitive anyway so all quite normal.

Jusam - glad your scan went well! It’s good they gave you the heart beat too, they didn’t tell us but we could see it. I can’t wait to hear it, such a magical moment. I’ve got a scan Monday as I’m booked in with the early pregnancy unit for my bleeding but we’re going to book a scan in for probably 11 weeks as My nhs scan isn’t until 13 weeks.

LisaTouhig - thank you, it’s such a relief when you can see everything is fine. Glad you got to hear the heartbeat. So lovely to hear that. Bet you’re looking forward to the 20 week scan. All very exciting. Will that be your last one all being well?

Applecart - thank you. And there is definitely something to be said about the crisp obsession 😂😂 love a big bag of salt and vinegar atm. It’s not far from your 12 week scan now...I am just counting down the weeks to get to the 12 week mark.

Smudge75 - congratulations again! I’m so pleased for you. The 5th of November seems like ages away but just remember at that point you’ll be 8 weeks which is getting close to the 12 week stage. I struggled with waiting but it is all worth it. Hope the recurrent miscarriage clinic have booked you in, you definitely need some extra reassurance, but this is a different pregnancy, different embryo so just remember that. The midwives work so differently all over, I had my first appointment at 7 weeks, more luck than anything as I had a day off. Hope you’re feeling well.

Kelly1982 - thank you. It’s definitely a very special blessing. Hope you’re doing well. Congratulations on having a girl! That’s so exciting. I can’t believe they could tell the gender at 12 weeks that’s amazing. It’s all very exciting.

Tattybow - lovely to hear from you. It’s good the nausea is subsiding now and I bet it’s lovely to want to eat again. The worry doesn’t go but soon enough you start to feel them and there’s proper signs everything is ok. Hope you’re all well.

Millie2020 - good luck for the scan on Tuesday! It’s good you’re still managing to do some exercising. I dropped everything like you when I started stims. I’m now that shattered after work I do very little. Amazing you did an interview this week! I don’t think I could pull myself together enough for that at the moment! When will you find out how it has gone?

So I thought I was all good after my scan, managed 2 days back at work, had another lot of bleeding on Friday morning, went in whilst trying to ring anyone who may be able to help and then got sent home within 15 minutes. It’s all hit me this week as I know how fragile it all is. I’m on complete rest now, not doing a thing. I’m booked into the early pregnancy unit Monday at 9. They’re going to scan me but have said a full bladder so I’m assuming abdominal and not TV like the rest of the scans. They did say they wouldn’t have seen me Friday as they wouldn’t scan twice in the same week.
I constantly feel like I’m going to pass a massive blood clot, even though there’s no sign when I go to the loo and wipe, just getting some dark discharge again. I just want it to all be ok but I am worried as I had a little bit of cramping pain, I don’t know if it was my bowels or baby related and I felt less sick, I haven’t gagged at brushing my teeth for the past two days so I’m worried that that’s a bad sign. My boobs are still achey at times though.
This whole situation just drives you crazy.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Xxx

Lworl1509

#268 Post by Lworl1509 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:32 am

Oh Annabelle25 Sorry to hear you are having such a stressful time. It sounds like bed rest is well and truly needed. I’m scared to write it and jinx it but it has stopped so I’m praying it was just the scan that dislodged old blood. Impossible not to think the worst though and not be worried isn’t it. Glad you are going to the early pregnancy unit Monday for some reassurance. I prefer the abdominal scans, that’s what my 6 week one was and what I’m going to ask for next week 🙏🏼 I felt less sick yesterday but I honestly think the worry just took over... I mentioned it to my doctor and she said that the nausea can come and go and it doesn’t mean anything when it goes, so try not to read into it so much. Crazy how awful the sickness is but it gives us that reassurance doesn’t it. Are you still on the pessaries? As they can cause cramping too can’t they. It’s so hard to know. Take it easy lovely and keep us posted ❤️ Xxx

Applecart

#269 Post by Applecart » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Thanks for the reassurance about the lack of symptoms Kelly and Millie. You hear about people that don’t have any but don’t really expect that to be you do you.

Had our scan earlier. All ok ❤️ Baby was measuring one day behind but was curled apparently and he explained that stretched out the dates could change by a couple of days so not to worry.

Was so lovely to see baby again. We could see the arms, legs and toes. And the heartbeat flickering away!

Phew now to try and not worry for the next 2 weeks and 2 days till our 12 week scan 😂

Annabelle sorry to read you have had more bleeding. Good that you are resting now though. Will have fingers crossed for you on Monday.

xx

Kelly1982

#270 Post by Kelly1982 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Annabelle How are you feeling now. Has the bleeding stop I do hope so. Good that you have to just rest and take it easy for now. Monday isn’t far so you can get to see your baby. I do hope you are ok. So sorry to hear about the bleeding.

Applecart good to hear scan went well for you and you were rest assured that all is well. Yes i didn’t have any symptoms no sickness apart from lack of appetite with my first but now ha the opposite. So good to not occupy yourself with symptoms and just enjoy being preg. So nice that you got to hear the heartbeat. So special 🤗 yes the midwife could tell the gender however she said not 100percent !! Lol.

Millie Bless you the sickness is awful isn’t it. I woke up this morning sneezing none stop and worrying if the baby is ok !! Every smell in my house is awful at the min but I seem to like lemongrass smell in everything. Haha. You must be excited for Tuesday scan. Am wishing you all the best 🤗
I haven’t been exercising apart from walking twice a week when I can manage it. Been quite lazy on that angle. But does carrying hover and hovering up and down the house and mopping part of exercise then count me in 🤗🤔
Baby boy born March 2017
Low sperm c hubby
ICSI fresh cycle May ??

Lworl1509

#271 Post by Lworl1509 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:18 pm

Applecart so glad the scan went well today ❤️ A day here and then doesn’t matter, we had the same at the CARE scan the other day being one day ‘behind’ and she said it doesn’t matter at all 😊 oh my, how cute, seeing the little toes 😭 how adorable. Is that at 10 weeks? Xxx

Haha Kelly1982 I reckon the hoovering counts 🤪

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend xxx

annabelle25

#272 Post by annabelle25 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:34 pm

Lworl1509 - completely understand the feeling that it could be jinxed with the stopping of bleeding. I’ve got to the stage I don’t believe it’s stopped when i has. Haven’t had anymore spotting since yesterday morning. Definitely glad to be getting checked tomorrow, just hoping for some proper guidance on what to do, I struggle on what I should and shouldn’t do in terms of work as there’s no taking it easy being a teacher at the moment.
Felt so sick for the past 2 days now! It is crazy the reassurance it gives you. I’m on the pessaries until 12 weeks so just under 4 weeks left of them!

Applecart - so glad your scan went well! I wouldn’t worry about a day. We were measuring a week behind at 6 weeks and now I’m a day ahead so I wouldn’t worry about it. I bet you can’t wait to get to 12 weeks. I see it all as another week down. I just want to get to 12 weeks I feel a bit more calm about it all.

Kelly1982 - I’m just getting fed up more than anything. I so desperately want the baby to be ok and it’s just really hit me this week and starting to feel so much more real. Hopefully it’ll all be fine tomorrow. The housework definitely counts! I’m not doing anything until I’m the other side of the bleeding! Feel so lazy.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend

Xxx

Lworl1509

#273 Post by Lworl1509 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi annabelle25 aw don’t feel lazy, you are carrying a baby which is physically and mentally exhausting and absolutely incredible 🥰 do what your body is telling you. I can’t imagine being a teacher allows you to take it easy! Hopefully at your apt tomorrow you can get some clarity on what you should and shouldn’t be doing. Roll on stopping the pessaries - I am so conscious with the applicator at the moment 🤦🏼‍♀️ Glad you have stopped bleeding and fab that your scan is first thing. Will be thinking of you.
Today I’m having such a weird day, not felt as sick which is good but I’m sooo tired I have no energy to do anything, and feeling a bit emotional. Dragged myself out for a little walk for some fresh air. Just going with it though but does make you feel guilty doing nothing. Still just so worried for Weds and can’t think of anything else.

Hope everyone else is ok ❤️ X

Millie2020

#274 Post by Millie2020 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi ladies

Hooray about the scan Applecart, so pleased for you. Aww toes..! 🥰🥰 seems you really are just one of the lucky ones re symptoms so do try to enjoy if you can. I had a friend who weirdly got sick quite late in... so make the most of this time just in case! It does feel funny though when all the websites and things pretty much assume you will be feeling a certain way and you don’t. Like you’re not part of the club or things aren’t right! I felt like that before I started to feel absolutely crap 😂 however so glad everything looks perfect for you and you can save your energy for rockier parts of the road later on!

Annabelle, oh I’m sorry. Sounds like rest is the way forward though, and scan tomorrow.. is it at all reassuring that you experienced bleeding with your first and all was well?

I should find out next week about interview, but tbh not sure it’s the right time for new job. Quite unhappy in my current one so thought I should try but probably better the devil you know at the moment!

Kelly thank you, yes hoovering counts I’m sure! 😂

Lworl, Lisa, tattybow, Smudge hope you all had a lovely weekend.

I can’t keep my eyes open for long at the moment, nausea is no worse, probably a bit better More just a lack of appetite now, but tiredness has hit me big time. My mum came to stay and made lots of food I wouldn’t have thought I could stomach but when placed in front of me fresh and homemade actually went down well so I think that’s helped a lot. Also finding it hard to keep warm, and when I took my temp it was 35.5 so I need to take care on that front. Won’t be doing any interviews and probably not much exercise this week I don’t think! Wondering if I will make it through the work week, but all may change tomorrow.. that’s the joy of the rollercoaster! xx

Lworl1509

#275 Post by Lworl1509 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Millie2020 reading how you feel is exactly how I’ve felt last few days. No energy whatsoever and just keep napping. I am worried for work tomorrow as I have lots of meetings and I genuinely don’t know if I can stay awake 🤦🏼‍♀️ Sounds ridiculous but the tiredness is reducing me to tears 🤣🙈 ahhh so lovely your mum helped out - they know exactly what to do don’t they, and homemade meals are the best ❤️ Tomorrow is a new day and week and hopefully you wake up with a new lease of life out of now where haha! 2 sleeps left until your scan now 😁 Bet you can’t believe it’s almost here xxx

Is anyone else not sleeping as well through the night due to being so conscious of the side they are sleeping on? Until IVF I’ve slept like a baby, but now having to get up once or twice for a wee but also alwayssss slept on my back or right side - trying to train myself to sleep on my left is a task! X