August Scans

For the in-betweenies, fingers crossed everybody!!

Moderator: Administrator

AngB

August Scans

#1 Post by AngB » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:25 pm

Hello,

Is anyone waiting to have a viability scan in August? Mine is on the 6th and feeling very nervous about it as I don’t feel pregnant at all.

I had a missed miscarriage 3 years ago and only made it to 6.5 weeks. I am currently nearly 5 weeks.

Just thought I’d see if anyone is in the same boat xx
miscarriage 2018
First IVF cycle April 2021- freeze all cycle, 14 embryos frozen
FET July 2021 - BFP 💗 - chemical pregnancy 😢

Smatty

Re: August Scans

#2 Post by Smatty » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Hi yes I'm currently 5 weeks and waiting for an early scan. I dont have an appointment as of yet as the clinics systems are down so hopefully ill no a date next week.
I also had a missed miscarriage in April this year, I was 9 weeks pregnant so hard to feel excited about this pregnancy.
So far I've had alot of morning sickness which started the day after embryo transfer, my boobs have just started to slightly ache but it comes and goes and could be because I'm always squeezing them to see if they hurt :lol: and I'm always hungry.
I did read online that some ladys dont have any symptoms at all so I wouldnt worry and try not to read to much into it everyone is different. When did you have you transfer? xx

AngB

#3 Post by AngB » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:58 am

Well those sound like good symptoms! Have you got a scan date yet? I really hope it goes well for you.
I had my transfer on the 6th of July. I’ve had some pink discharge and still no symptoms really so not feeling hopeful.
Xx
miscarriage 2018

Smatty

#4 Post by Smatty » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:09 am

No scan as of yet. I had my transfer on the 8th July so I'm assuming my scan date will be just after yours.
The nurse at care did tell me on my last pregnancy that the suppositories can cause irritation to the cervics which could cause a bleed. Have you spoken to care about the pink discharge ? Or EPU ?
I have read lots of story's of ladies not having any symptoms at all and then went to the scan to see everything was fine. It's so horrible this journey of ivf I've been through it 4 times now and it doesnt get any easier xx

AngB

#5 Post by AngB » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:45 pm

You are very strong to have done it 4 times, even the thought of another embryo transfer makes me tired. Just all the waiting and hoping and the let down, it’s really hard.
I haven’t spoken to care, it wasn’t much so I think they will just tell me to call if it gets worse. I’ll see how it goes. My sister had bleeding at 5 weeks and she was fine, it’s just that this is exactly how my miscarriage started, so it’s hard to feel positive.
Anyway, I suppose there is still a chance. I’ve got fingers crossed for you xx
miscarriage 2018

Smatty

#6 Post by Smatty » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:30 pm

Tbh the first time I went through ivf was a few years back, I found it really difficult coming to terms with getting two BFN in a row. This time I've took more the of the approach of if it happens it happens and to stop being so hard on myself.
I know what you mean after my miscarriage I think I'm expecting it happen again and looking out for any signs of it to panic. My morning sickness seems to have gone for the past two days now so trying not to worry 😞 I've never wished so much to feel vomit lol
Bleeding in early pregnancy is very common so try not to worry about I'm sure you will be fine. I will be keeping everything crossed for you and hoping you scan is the good news next week xxx

AngB

#7 Post by AngB » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Well they say symptoms come and go, and even people with severe symptoms have symptom free days. You just don’t know until the scan I guess.
I’ve got more spotting which is the same as last time so feeling like that’s it now. I know people do bleed but just from my previous experience I feel like I know how my body works. Im glad we have more frozen embryos so at least we can try again xx
miscarriage 2018

Smatty

#8 Post by Smatty » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:49 pm

Oh bless you I'm sorry your going through this :(
It's so heartbreaking, have you thought about getting an early scan done through the hospital? If anything it may put your mind at ease knowing whats is going on.
I must say you have alot of frozen embryos pretty impressive xx

AngB

#9 Post by AngB » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:16 am

I phoned Care today and left a message, so I’m sure they will call back and maybe they will bring my scan forward or just advise what the best thing to do is.
Yes it was quite a lot! I had 23 mature eggs collected and couldn’t put any back due to OHSS risk.
Anyway, thanks for talking to me about all this stuff. It does help to talk to someone who’s also been through it. I hope things are going well with you. Do you have a scan date yet?
miscarriage 2018

Smatty

#10 Post by Smatty » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:06 pm

Oh bless you, I really hope things work out for you. Have you had anymore pink discharge ? Wow 23 embryos :shock:
I just feel really fed up at the minute and feel like crying everytime someone asks me if I'm ok.
I dont have a scan date apparently all the care clinics systems have gone down. The nurse told me early on it would be around 16th July but that doesnt make sense if I had my embryo put back 2 days after you.
Yeah it's been nice talking to you to ivf is not easy.
Let me know how you get on I'll be thinking of you xx

AngB

#11 Post by AngB » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:44 am

Yeah i totally get feeling annoyed. I know care has had problems with their systems but I didn’t think that would stop them from booking you in, and the 16th does sound quite late! 10 days after me. I hope they book you in sooner because it sounds like you would be closer to 8 weeks then, I will be 7 weeks on mine.

I heard back from them at 7pm last night (they are obv trying really hard to catch up on everything with the systems being down) and the nurse said that I could come in early but it might be too early which would also be worrying, and said that spotting etc is quite common etc etc. So I said I’m happy to wait until the 6th…if I’m going to miscarry going in early won’t stop it, so I’d rather go when we can see for sure and it will be a yes or a no and I can move on. I haven’t had any more pink but I’ve had a bit of brown spotting and a streak yesterday morning. I’m starting to feel hopeful again which is annoying because it’s such a rollercoaster of emotions. SIGH!

Anyway, one more week to wait, I’ll let you know how it goes and let me know if you get a date xx
miscarriage 2018

Smatty

#12 Post by Smatty » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:35 am

Hi yeah apparently it's because they cant see who is already booked in etc so wouldnt want to double book. So I get that, I just want a date to aim for :(
I've worked out I would be 8+2 on the 16th August. The mid wife called me yesterday and booked an appointment for the 17th August so I'm really hoping the scan is before that so I know for sure what is going on.
Care sent a prescription out last week for more medication which didnt arrive so I had to drive an hour to the clinic to pick one up yesterday :shock: hopefully they short the systems out soon.
I'm glad to hear there is no more pink discharge, try to relax you only have a week to go and then you will know.
I'm praying this works out for both of us xxx

Smatty

#13 Post by Smatty » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:57 pm

I have an scan appointment :D
11th August. Even though I'm highly pleased I'm absolutely petrified this is were it went wrong last time xx

AngB

#14 Post by AngB » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:22 pm

Yay! It is scary, but all your signs have been so good so far, this really could be the one!
I had an almost negative pregnancy test today, so I had a scan and it didn’t look good but wasn’t conclusive enough for them to let me stop taking progesterone :( they’ve taken bloods and will hopefully know tomorrow. I know in my heart what is happening and just want to get it over with so that I can try again!
Will be thinking of you on the 11th, really hope this is the one for you xx
miscarriage 2018

Smatty

#15 Post by Smatty » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:19 pm

Oh no I'm so so sorry to be reading this, heartbreaking news.
It's so difficult when you have to wait but you already know what's happening. Be kind to yourself and take some time out. It will work for you and you will have your baby one day. Sending you lots of hugs xxx

AngB

#16 Post by AngB » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:01 pm

Thank you. 2 miscarriages in a row is quite distressing but trying to stay positive. Please let me know how it goes on the 11th, it will be great to get some positive news xxx
miscarriage 2018

Smatty

#17 Post by Smatty » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:12 pm

Oh Angb I have been thinking about you alot over the past few days, I'm so sorry your going through this again really am heartbroken for you.
I'll let you know how I get on I'm praying it's good news. Last time it was very difficult as we saw the baby moving with a strong heartbeat which sadly stopped the following scan not sure I could go through that again xxx

DarceyDoo

#18 Post by DarceyDoo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:05 pm

Hi ladies, I’m looking for some advice please. Last weekend I got a positive result after a 5 day FET in July. A previous cycle in April sadly ended in a chemical. On Wednesday whilst staying with my parents in wales I started spotting dark brown blood. It was light & only lasted a couple of hours. Yesterday morning however I had a gush of fresh blood & lost a couple of very small clots. I was in quite a lot of pain. I couldn’t get hold of care so my mum called the EPAU at their local hospital who asked me to come in. I was admitted and examined, the doctor confirmed my cervix was still closed & the blood looked old so I should be optimistic. I was kept overnight & scanned this morning. They couldn’t find a gestational sac, they said it could still be too small, I could have passed it already but unlikely because my cervix was closed or it could be in the wrong place I.e. ectopic. My HCG level was 4994 which I believe is high for 5weeks +2. I now have to wait for repeat bloods tomorrow to see if they are rising or falling then a scan on Wednesday when I’ll be 6 weeks. I feel so sick with anxiety & my heart is broken. Has anyone had a similar experience? Xx
Stage 4 Endometriosis
2013: 3 x IUI = BFN
2014: IVF = BFP 💗 plus 6 Frosties
April 2021: FET = BFP chemical 💔
July 2021: FET = BFP Loss at 5w2d 💔
October 2021: FET

Smatty

#19 Post by Smatty » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:23 am

Hi Darcey I'm sorry to hear what your going through. I can imagine your quite distressed it so heartbreaking and worrying. Unfortunately I havent experienced bleeding whilst waiting for scans, my last pregnancy early this year was a missed miscarriage so wasnt picked up until my scan. When I did have my miscarriage It was extremely painful to the point where I couldn't hear what my partner was saying to me and I was bleeding large clots for a good couple of hours were I just sat on the toilet, the bleeding went on for around 6 weeks.
I do agreed that 5 weeks is way to early to see anything so try and think postive. If your cervics are closed this is good sign. Has the bleeding stopped now?
I've got my scan on Wednesday to so I will be thinking of you xx

DarceyDoo

#20 Post by DarceyDoo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:14 am

Hi Smatty,

Think you so much for taking the time to reply, I’m so grateful. I just feel in a constant state of high alert and anxiety, I really don’t deal well with uncertainty & I can’t eat or sleep & feel sick all the time. I know deep down I have already lost the baby and this process is just prolonging the inevitable. From what I’ve read at 5 weeks you should at least be able to see a gestational sack if nothing else. Perhaps if it wasn’t an IVF pregnancy there might still be hope as the dates could be slightly out but not in this case.

I’m sorry to hear that you have suffered a loss yourself recently, it sounds like a terribly painful experience both physically and emotionally. I wish you every luck for your scan xx
Stage 4 Endometriosis

Smatty

#21 Post by Smatty » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:29 pm

I'm so so sorry, losing a baby is the worse feeling ever there are no words. I think as women we know, I knew it was over 2 weeks before my scan so I completely understand what your feeling right know. I know it's easier said then done but try and take your mind of it by doing something you enjoy. What I learnt before is nothing you have done and nothing you can do can change the outcome but try and find reassurance that you became pregnant and it will happen again. I'm praying that everything works out for you on Wednesday please let me know how you get on xxx

DarceyDoo

#22 Post by DarceyDoo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:03 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really is the worse feeling & not one you can understand unless you’ve been through it so it’s comforting talking to someone who has, although I wouldn’t wish this feeling on anyone xxx
Stage 4 Endometriosis

AngB

#23 Post by AngB » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:01 am

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Smatty! Really hoping for the best outcome for you!!

DarcyDoo, I’m so sorry for what you are going through. I also started bleeding after my FET and it didn’t end well for me, I did so much reading about it and some women have healthy babies and sometimes it is not good news, I don’t think there is any way to tell until a later scan or blood test.

I haven’t heard from the clinic yet so still waiting to see when I can try again. Lots of love to you both xx
miscarriage 2018

Smatty

#24 Post by Smatty » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Thank you for thinking of me AngB. I'm struggling today with worrying what will happen tomorrow, already cried twice today. I hope you are starting to feel a bit better ?
Hopefully you dont have to wait to long. I started again after 1 normal menstrual cycle xx

DarceyDoo I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. What time is your scan? mines at 9am xxx

Smatty

#25 Post by Smatty » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:15 am

Unfortunately not good news. They couldn't find a heartbeat so another missed miscarriage xx