Natural killer cells

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

Message
Author
KeepOnTrying
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:20 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#76 Post by KeepOnTrying » Sat May 08, 2021 6:30 pm

Thank you so much for your reply,

We ‘blindly’ treated for blood clotting on our last cycle, taking Aspirin and Inhixia, so had hoped the change would help - unfortunately not for us :( We also transferred two on the last cycle (pre-PGTA) so was gutted this time when we got the negative.

There’s definitely a lot to think about for us, but I’m trying to remain optimistic given we have some options.

I’ll keep everything crossed for you too and would love to know how you get on with your treatment.

I’ve not used this form before, but am really grateful to learn from others facing similar challenges.

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#77 Post by ITG » Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 pm

Hie Keepontrying. I am sorry to hear that you just had your bfn. I think it’s a good idea to have the level 1 and 2 test, that way you know you are treated for everything. I am on my fourth transfer and just got a bfp with the immune cycle so I really believe it has made a massive difference for me. Wish you all the best on your next transfer.
How are you Givingitatry. Hope you found your answer about lubion.
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#78 Post by Givingitatry » Sat May 08, 2021 7:11 pm

KeepOnTrying wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:30 pm
Thank you so much for your reply,

We ‘blindly’ treated for blood clotting on our last cycle, taking Aspirin and Inhixia, so had hoped the change would help - unfortunately not for us :( We also transferred two on the last cycle (pre-PGTA) so was gutted this time when we got the negative.

There’s definitely a lot to think about for us, but I’m trying to remain optimistic given we have some options.

I’ll keep everything crossed for you too and would love to know how you get on with your treatment.

I’ve not used this form before, but am really grateful to learn from others facing similar challenges.
Sorry to hear the blood thinners didn’t help last time. Hopefully either the testing or discussions with your consultant on other options can help you get your BFP. There is still hope 🙂 the forums are very helpful to get real life experiences and help us make sure we all the right questions too! Good luck with your next step of the journey and will happily post back here on how it went this time round x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#79 Post by Givingitatry » Sat May 08, 2021 7:16 pm

ITG wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 pm
Hie Keepontrying. I am sorry to hear that you just had your bfn. I think it’s a good idea to have the level 1 and 2 test, that way you know you are treated for everything. I am on my fourth transfer and just got a bfp with the immune cycle so I really believe it has made a massive difference for me. Wish you all the best on your next transfer.
How are you Givingitatry. Hope you found your answer about lubion.
Hey, I’m ok thanks! Just taking my meds and waiting for the time to go by (!) as lubion isn’t anything other than progesterone (ie no other hormones etc) I think I’m going to stay with doing the tests and adding it in if needed. I am on a higher dose this time round and I had a high test before so think I need to stop panicking. But am sure I’ll change my mind tomorrow 😂 is late in the day to be asking to change things and already bought the pessaries so think adding it in vs swapping would be a good compromise. Will have a chat with the nurses. Also have my intralipids next week so wish me luck 😉 hope you’re doing ok and all is going smoothly x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#80 Post by ITG » Sat May 08, 2021 7:59 pm

You will be fine with the intralipids, I can assure you that. I am on 3 pessaries a day and lubion so it’s possible to be on both. I have had so painful cramps most of the the day but I am not complaining, if the babies are growing. I am supposed to have 3 more intralipids.
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#81 Post by Givingitatry » Sat May 08, 2021 8:15 pm

ITG wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:59 pm
You will be fine with the intralipids, I can assure you that. I am on 3 pessaries a day and lubion so it’s possible to be on both. I have had so painful cramps most of the the day but I am not complaining, if the babies are growing. I am supposed to have 3 more intralipids.
Thanks for the reassurance ITG. Sorry you’ve had painful cramps but I think that’s a great attitude and think of it as the embryo nestling in nice and tight and the body stretching to make a good home for it to grow 🙂 3 more is good, not too arduous in that case and hopefully making all the difference 🙏🏻 x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#82 Post by ITG » Thu May 13, 2021 8:57 am

Morning Givingitatry. Hope you ok. Just want to wish all the best with intralipids today. Afm, no symptoms yet just the tiredness.
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Lastchancesaloon
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#83 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Thu May 13, 2021 9:21 am

Good luck with the intralipids I had mine two weeks ago and now in the two week wait, I had a hatching blastocyst transferred on Tuesday so am anxiously waiting, the immune cycle worked for me 10 years ago as I had my beautiful twins after two previous failed cycles, so I believe the level 2 tests really made a difference.
I had no side effects from the intralipids this time either so that is all good, nice to know some others are going down the same route.
Sorry For your bfn keepontrying it is so deflating when you put so much time and emotion into it all, but be kind to yourself and definitely get the tests done, I swapped to Manchester care after my two files cycles because the clinic I was at just kept saying it was bad luck... Manchester recommended the level 2 tests straight away and I definitely feel that change to an immune cycle was what made the difference xx
2009 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFN
2010 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFN
Changed clinics: level 1 + 2 tests
2011 Immune cycle 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFP —- its twins
2021 May - frozen donor eggs 2 frozen and 1 5 day hatching blast— BFP

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#84 Post by Givingitatry » Thu May 13, 2021 9:03 pm

ITG wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:57 am
Morning Givingitatry. Hope you ok. Just want to wish all the best with intralipids today. Afm, no symptoms yet just the tiredness.
So nice to hear from you ITG! I’m glad you’re only having tiredness 🙂 hopefully it’s nicely bedding in but workout you having to endure nausea!!

Thanks for the good luck wishes! Intralipids wise, it is all done but it was a bit of a palaver... basically a month or so ago they asked for doctor proof that I wasn’t allergic to the ingredients. I couldn’t get a print from my doc as they’ve lost the results from an allergy test I had when diagnosing causes of my eczema 🙄 they tested for over 200 things including dairy, soy, nuts etc. but my docs are awful, close to being shut down if they don’t improve and have just gotten new management so their filing etc leaves a lot to be desired as people have moved on. I mentioned it when booking my appointment and thought it was all ok not to have the physical proof and just trust my word + a consent form but then 2 hours before I was due to have my session today they called to say they couldn’t see my allergy test results on the portal. So as we were driving on the motorway (30mins into our 1hr 45 trip to Brum) was trying to understand if they would even do the infusion at all. I said I am happy to sign any form of waiver / disclaimer as I know I’m not allergic and after talking to their director they allowed me to proceed but was an anxious 20mins waiting for the call back, while still driving there. So a rocky start. Then for the veins - I have great veins but took 5 attempts to get one to work. I think a mix of a kink, hitting a vein valve, something being stuck and going through one so collapse. I lost track though. The 5th one was ok but I was so emotional at that point that I had a mini tearful moment - the silent kind that with the mask on must have made me look absolutely pitiful. Anyway, no adverse reactions at all, just a long time (about 2.5hrs all in all) with constant monitoring of my temperature, blood pressure, o2 stats and pulse. So it’s officially done and let’s see if this protocol makes any difference to my ‘embryo assassin’ of a uterus. If I need more though, I’ll be in for quite the experience travelling to and from!

Lining scan tomorrow then hopefully ET in a week or so x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#85 Post by Givingitatry » Thu May 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:21 am
Good luck with the intralipids I had mine two weeks ago and now in the two week wait, I had a hatching blastocyst transferred on Tuesday so am anxiously waiting, the immune cycle worked for me 10 years ago as I had my beautiful twins after two previous failed cycles, so I believe the level 2 tests really made a difference.
I had no side effects from the intralipids this time either so that is all good, nice to know some others are going down the same route.
Sorry For your bfn keepontrying it is so deflating when you put so much time and emotion into it all, but be kind to yourself and definitely get the tests done, I swapped to Manchester care after my two files cycles because the clinic I was at just kept saying it was bad luck... Manchester recommended the level 2 tests straight away and I definitely feel that change to an immune cycle was what made the difference xx
That’s kind of you, thank you. My results were borderline so although in abnormal, they weren’t hugely out... within a few % but they set the boundaries where they do for a reason I guess. But means I’ve wondered if that’s the big thing - I still feel it’s a clotting issue mainly for me but possible it’s a few different reasons!

I’m sorry you had to deal with some failed cycles but that’s so good they recommended the tests and great to hear you had success with the protocol previously. I’ll keep all crossed for the same again this time! A hatching blasto is great to have popped in too! We have 4 frosties and doing a double transfer. So will have 2 out of our 1 early, 1 expanded and 2 hatching (assuming none are lost during the thawing). I expect they’ll do early and hatching but mostly I’d probably rather they went with the 2 hatching 😂 although controversial, I genuinely would love twins. They run in my family (non identical) and know it’s hell on earth for about 5 years initially, then downgrades to ‘tough’ (!) but the thought of it makes me so happy. I don’t know if you have any thoughts from going through it from an ivf perspective? I know the pregnancy is meant to be more challenging and aware of the premature / lower birth weights etc but I just can’t help but be in love with bringing twins into the world like my grandparents and her side of the family have done multiple times (!) waffle over, I would love 1 of course as not greedy 😉 but kind of wish they’d put 2 good ones in, in the hope this is the miracle we have been hoping for. I’d would feel like the reason we ended up here, to have the twins that people have joked about me having since I was young.

Hope you’re surviving the 2WW, it’s not the easiest time but I’ll have all crossed for you 🙏🏻🍀🤞🏻 x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#86 Post by ITG » Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 pm

Glad the intralipids went ok for you Givingitatry. Keeping everything crossed 🤞 for you on Friday. Hopefully the embryos they are transferring will both stick and have your twins. I have been really tired the past few days, hopefully it’s a good thing.
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#87 Post by Givingitatry » Sun May 16, 2021 8:34 pm

ITG wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 pm
Glad the intralipids went ok for you Givingitatry. Keeping everything crossed 🤞 for you on Friday. Hopefully the embryos they are transferring will both stick and have your twins. I have been really tired the past few days, hopefully it’s a good thing.
Thanks ITG! Am thinking lots of sticky thoughts and really hoping this protocol has made the difference. I feel like all the emotions at once and sadly been nauseas and bloated for a while. The side effects have been real!

I’m not surprised you’re tired, you’re growing a baby inside of you! Does it feel surreal or real? I know it must be a nerve wracking time for you but I have a really good feeling 🍀 x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#88 Post by ITG » Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 pm

Hie Givingitatry. I hope you ok. Just popped in to say good luck tomorrow. Praying for you.
I had spotting on Tuesday and a bleed last night. After Tuesday spotting the clinic said I should come in for blood test yesterday. The results came back at 68 825, so hopefully they will be no bleeds before scan.
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#89 Post by Givingitatry » Thu May 20, 2021 4:02 pm

ITG wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 pm
Hie Givingitatry. I hope you ok. Just popped in to say good luck tomorrow. Praying for you.
I had spotting on Tuesday and a bleed last night. After Tuesday spotting the clinic said I should come in for blood test yesterday. The results came back at 68 825, so hopefully they will be no bleeds before scan.
That’s so sweet of you to remember ITG 😊 Can’t believe it’s my turn for transfer and 2WW. 20ish hours to go not that I’m counting...

I’m sorry you had spotting and a bleed but that result sounds really good! All points to a healthy growing embryo and hopefully the scan puts your mind at ease too. Is it next week? You sound so strong, which is amazing, I’d have been a little wreck at the sight of blood but it seems to be quite common sadly so something to get used to. I’ll be keeping all crossed your scan is soon and you can see your little one nicely tucked up with the cutest little heartbeat pounding away 🙏🏻🍀🤞🏻 x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#90 Post by Givingitatry » Fri May 21, 2021 1:35 pm

ITG wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 pm
Hie Givingitatry. I hope you ok. Just popped in to say good luck tomorrow. Praying for you.
I had spotting on Tuesday and a bleed last night. After Tuesday spotting the clinic said I should come in for blood test yesterday. The results came back at 68 825, so hopefully they will be no bleeds before scan.
Hope you’re doing ok ITG 🙂 had my transfer now but has been a really difficult morning. Turns out my progesterone was low (16.9 vs 50+) so I’ve been concerned since finding out about whether an embryo could do its thing. I’ve had lubion added to my protocol now to try and get it moved up but also a test today to register my level on day of transfer vs day before. They said if we were concerned we could re-freeze the embryos but of course can’t guarantee how well they’d cope with the thaw and refreeze. But their advice was to go ahead and just up my progesterone. There isn’t anywhere that has lubion today but would you believe my friend that had twins a year ago has one vial left of lubion that expires July 2021 so adding that in today and my meds will arrive tomorrow on a next day delivery. But bottom line, I have had my transfer and test day is 3rd June. Not feeling as positive what with the progesterone situation but I’ve done all I could now and the rest is science/fate. x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#91 Post by ITG » Fri May 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Congratulations Givingitatry on being PUPO, wishing you a speedy 2ww and BFP. That’s good your friend had some lubion, try not to worry too much, am sure the progesterone will be on right level soon with the lubion added. As for me, I bled the whole of last night, heavy and some clots. Care booked a scan and there was a heartbeat and baby measuring right on track. They spoted where the bleeding site is and will go back for my original scan on Tuesday. I am so grateful to God for this gift. Have a good rest so the embryos are nicely comfortable
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#92 Post by Givingitatry » Fri May 21, 2021 3:30 pm

ITG wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:25 pm
Congratulations Givingitatry on being PUPO, wishing you a speedy 2ww and BFP. That’s good your friend had some lubion, try not to worry too much, am sure the progesterone will be on right level soon with the lubion added. As for me, I bled the whole of last night, heavy and some clots. Care booked a scan and there was a heartbeat and baby measuring right on track. They spoted where the bleeding site is and will go back for my original scan on Tuesday. I am so grateful to God for this gift. Have a good rest so the embryos are nicely comfortable
Oh my goodness!! Although a horrific experience with the bleed, you saw your little miracle, what an incredible moment 🥳 I get goosebumps even thinking about what that must have been like. Make sure you rest up, you’ve got a precious one on board and I can see is a fighter despite a few pesky bleeds 🙏🏻 I’ll be doing the same in the hope I get to experience the same thing in due course. My booster of progesterone is in and have more arriving tomorrow too so feel a little better than before but it’s out of my hands now x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#93 Post by Givingitatry » Tue May 25, 2021 5:55 am

ITG wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:25 pm
Congratulations Givingitatry on being PUPO, wishing you a speedy 2ww and BFP. That’s good your friend had some lubion, try not to worry too much, am sure the progesterone will be on right level soon with the lubion added. As for me, I bled the whole of last night, heavy and some clots. Care booked a scan and there was a heartbeat and baby measuring right on track. They spoted where the bleeding site is and will go back for my original scan on Tuesday. I am so grateful to God for this gift. Have a good rest so the embryos are nicely comfortable
Wishing you lots of good luck with your scan today ITG 🙏🏻🍀🤞🏻 x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#94 Post by ITG » Tue May 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Hie Givingitatry. How are you feeling in the 2ww, hopefully time is moving fast for you. I had heavy bleed on Saturday night, but the baby is doing well. It’s measuring 1 day ahead now. The bleeding site has cleared so hopefully no more bleeds. Thank you for thinking of me.
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#95 Post by Givingitatry » Tue May 25, 2021 6:16 pm

ITG wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:37 pm
Hie Givingitatry. How are you feeling in the 2ww, hopefully time is moving fast for you. I had heavy bleed on Saturday night, but the baby is doing well. It’s measuring 1 day ahead now. The bleeding site has cleared so hopefully no more bleeds. Thank you for thinking of me.
What a relief, am so pleased they’re looking good! Imagine you are signed off from Care now? If so how exciting and you’re over half way to your 12 week scan!

My 2WW is neither here nor there what with my negative outlook from the low progesterone. But I’ve done all I can, I just won’t get my hopes up as was off to a shakey start. I’m convinced I naturally have a hostile environment so lacking progesterone for ages in the run up and on transfer day hasn’t done anything for my feelings. That said, I now know what an immune cycle is and how to cope (ish 😉) and there is nothing I can do to make this happen or not. Out of my hands and in 9 days I’ll know (!)

Sending so much good luck, positivity and baby dust for your growing embryo! I’m genuinely so happy for you, you seem like such a lovely caring person and deserve your little miracle 🙂 hopefully one day I’ll celebrate my own too x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#96 Post by ITG » Wed May 26, 2021 4:59 am

Yes it was a relief to see the baby. I am discharged from Care now, so will go to Surgery today to collect so midwife forms. I wouldn’t worry too much about the progesterone because you are on high dose, am sure your levels are good now. Please try to stay positive, I know it’s easy said than done. This cycle everytime negative thoughts start i try to cast out the negative thoughts and focus/meditate on positive thoughts, and it has has really helped me by giving me peace. I didn’t realise you were also at Northampton. Wishing you all the best and hope both your embryos have sticked
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#97 Post by Givingitatry » Wed May 26, 2021 6:23 am

ITG wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:59 am
Yes it was a relief to see the baby. I am discharged from Care now, so will go to Surgery today to collect so midwife forms. I wouldn’t worry too much about the progesterone because you are on high dose, am sure your levels are good now. Please try to stay positive, I know it’s easy said than done. This cycle everytime negative thoughts start i try to cast out the negative thoughts and focus/meditate on positive thoughts, and it has has really helped me by giving me peace. I didn’t realise you were also at Northampton. Wishing you all the best and hope both your embryos have sticked
That’s lovely you’ve been discharged now, what a moment to enjoy! No more ivf stuff and just regular NHS pregnancy stuff to enjoy 🥳 I’m feeling brighter now, think it was hormone overload that tipped me over. Whatever will be will be though and i will pop a message to you in 8 days so you know how my cycle ended and what’s next for me 🙂 yes I have been at Northampton, plus Birmingham for intralipids as Northampton said they weren’t doing them. 🤞🏻 For sticky embryo/s 🤞🏻 Wishing you lots of good luck with your pregnancy, you got there and your little miracle is growing inside you as we speak. What an absolutely wonderful thought and proof all of this is worth it - it can and does work! Take care ITG x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

ITG
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: Natural killer cells

#98 Post by ITG » Mon May 31, 2021 2:11 pm

Hie Givingitatry. Just checking on you on this 2ww, almost coming to an end. How are you getting on with the lubion? Afm, I have had spotting on and off, mostly old blood. I am booked for midwife on the 15th(phone call) and 16th face to face. Am hoping the scan will not be too far otherwise I will have to book a private one. Can you believe I am already showing, don’t know how I could show up so quickly. I met 2 of my friends in the 6th week and both said you look pregnant. Wish you all the best on your OTD, I have a positive feeling that it’s BFP
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 1x 5 day blastocyst: miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 1x 5day blastocyst: BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 2x 5 day blastocyst:BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle) 2x 5day blastocyst: BFP💕
2 Frost

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#99 Post by Givingitatry » Mon May 31, 2021 2:25 pm

ITG wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:11 pm
Hie Givingitatry. Just checking on you on this 2ww, almost coming to an end. How are you getting on with the lubion? Afm, I have had spotting on and off, mostly old blood. I am booked for midwife on the 15th(phone call) and 16th face to face. Am hoping the scan will not be too far otherwise I will have to book a private one. Can you believe I am already showing, don’t know how I could show up so quickly. I met 2 of my friends in the 6th week and both said you look pregnant. Wish you all the best on your OTD, I have a positive feeling that it’s BFP
Hey! So lovely to hear from you 🙂 sorry you’ve been having spotting on and off - am seeing a lot of that at the moment from the ladies, it seems so common in early pregnancy. I’ll be keeping all crossed the midwife appointment goes as planned though as hopefully the spotting is behind you! I have a really good feeling about your embryo too and am sure it’s nicely tucked in.

As for me, can’t wait for the 2WW to be over. 3 more sleeps and not done a test so proud of myself for not caving. Hoping for a more definitive answer ie strong enough to get to “4 weeks” vs tried and failed. Can’t bear the thought of seeing a line fade. It’s enough of a rollercoaster as it is. Progesterone wise I had another test and was still lower than they wanted. So went from 17 to 21 to 42 but they ideally wanted 50+. So I’m on 6 pessaries and 2 lubion. Not having another test as won’t change anything now but I’m a walking ball of progesterone 🤦🏼‍♀️ Means I’m having every side effect under the sun but of course means nothing. Could be super dooper pregnant with twins, pregnant with a singleton or not pregnant. Am feeling more and more nervous as so much has been invested in this cycle, I really hope your feeling is right. I could really do with this having worked (!) will let you know on Thursday though of course x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

Givingitatry
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Natural killer cells

#100 Post by Givingitatry » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:45 am

ITG wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:11 pm
Hie Givingitatry. Just checking on you on this 2ww, almost coming to an end. How are you getting on with the lubion? Afm, I have had spotting on and off, mostly old blood. I am booked for midwife on the 15th(phone call) and 16th face to face. Am hoping the scan will not be too far otherwise I will have to book a private one. Can you believe I am already showing, don’t know how I could show up so quickly. I met 2 of my friends in the 6th week and both said you look pregnant. Wish you all the best on your OTD, I have a positive feeling that it’s BFP
Morning ITG - I really hoped to be able to give you some good news this morning but looks like it wasn’t meant to be I’m afraid.

We have a faint line on FRER and nothing on the care one so believe we may have had a chemical as really should have been a darker line than it was on FRER. I’ll therefore be staying on meds and testing tomorrow morning too in the hope we get our definitive answer but I know the answer deep down already. It just wasn’t ready for the world but this is the furthest we have ever gotten so maybe this protocol could work with a stronger embryo. We can only dream and hope can’t we.

As much as we all wish everyone could get their BFP, that’s just not how things go. In my case, I’ve always said it’s better that the embryo stops now than later down the line as saves some of the heartache so that’s what I’m focusing on right now. Is kinder this way even if it’s difficult. I’m so glad you got your BFP though as know this was the end of the line good you as gives me hope that next time it could be the right time for me.

Thanks for your wonderful support, I’d still love to hear how your journey goes if you ever fancy posting an update! I’ll be hoping everything goes super smoothly and you’ll be holding your baby in your arms late this year/early next year 🥳 who knows, maybe I will too. Take care x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

Post Reply