First appointment at qmc

Discussion group for all IVF topics.

Moderators: CARE Support, Administrator

loulou123

Re: First appointment at qmc

#101 Post by loulou123 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:52 am

Oh DK, sorry to hear that, sending massive hugs! This is only your first attempt, and they’ll be better at working out the medication etc next time. It’s taken me 3 months on clomid, 3 goes at IUI, and 6 embryo transfers to get to a positive pregnancy test but we’ve got there in their end!

MommyKenny - how are you holding up?

Ire - I can bore you with all the details on IVF timelines but I’m sure if you google it you’ll find plenty of info. There are two versions - a short protocol and a long protocol. I’ve always been on long protocols where you have a few different steps: down-regulation (I.e. switching off your natural hormones), stimulating as many eggs as possible, then fertilising the eggs, waiting a few days to see how they grow in the lab and putting one or two back. I think the short protocol is similar but without down-regulation.

As for me, I’m really good thanks, I’m on cloud nine! I called Care with my result this morning and now I’m booked in for a scan on 9th September. I don’t think my parter will believe it’s real until he sees something on a screen, I thought he would be delighted but he’s worrying that something could still go wrong. I’m not telling anyone else about it until after the scan as I don’t want to jinx anything, but I’ll come back on here and let you know how it goes.

Sending love xxxx
Last edited by loulou123 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

MommyKenny

#102 Post by MommyKenny » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 am

Dear DK, so sorry to hear your news. But we have to keep going. I've been there and I know it is not easy.

My testing is in two more days! Getting a bit jittery here, both fear and excitement. To tell you the truth I don't want to go all the way to Cyprus again for another round. So I really pray I get blessed with this one.

loulou123

#103 Post by loulou123 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi MommyKenny - was today your test day? are you okay? I’ve been thinking about you xx

MommyKenny

#104 Post by MommyKenny » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:16 am

Loulou I got my BFP! Sorry it took nearly a week for me to post but was so excited!

loulou123

#105 Post by loulou123 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:11 am

MommyKenny - congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you!!!
I was worrying because you’d gone quiet that things hadn’t gone well, it’s so lovely to hear good news. When is your due date? I used an online calculator that said mine is 20th April, but I’m trying not to get too far ahead of myself, I just want to see a heartbeat on the scan to make sure it’s viable.

DK - I’ve been thinking about you too. How are you holding up? xxx

MommyKenny

#106 Post by MommyKenny » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:51 am

I might be due May 2020 but Dr. Berk over at Dunya IVF said its best to wait for my first scan my OB can give me the right due date.

dk123

#107 Post by dk123 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:15 am

Mommykenny! How amazing I’m so happy for you!

You’re both so lucky! I hope you’re both feeling ok :)

I’m ok. I decided to take a break this month from another cycle and am just eating lots of kiwi and avocado as I’ve heard it helps with fertility. I’ve also tried some essential oils that are said to help, so I’m trying a more natural approach this month to see how things go.
We’re away next week for our wedding anniversary so we’re focusing on that rather than another cycle.

We will book another when we get back, but I have no faith in IUI really, but am just going through the motions.

Keep me updated on your progress ladies, it’s nice to have some positivity on here :) xx

Ire1

#108 Post by Ire1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:40 am

Congratulations MommyKenny!!!

Hope all is well with everyone else :D x

Keeping you in my thoughts dk123 xxx

MommyKenny

#109 Post by MommyKenny » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:29 am

Thank you Ire and Dk!

DK congratulations on your anniversary, how many years?

dk123

#110 Post by dk123 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Thank you! We’ve been married 2 years next week 😊 so we’re celebrating in Italy.

loulou123

#111 Post by loulou123 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:38 pm

DK - I hope you have a lovely holiday in Italy to celebrate your wedding anniversary. It’s not easy getting over a negative result and you must take care of yourself. I think IUI is less likely to work than IVF so keep going and don’t lose hope, there’s still every chance you’ll be successful in the end.

MommyKenny - when is your scan?

As for me - I’ve just had my 8-week scan and saw one healthy baby with a strong heartbeat! Neither of us cried during the scan but then our wonderful consultant came over to congratulate us in the carpark just as we were about to leave and we both burst into tears because we’re just so unbelievably grateful to him. He must get that a lot!

Sending love and baby dust to you all xxx

MommyKenny

#112 Post by MommyKenny » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 am

Hello loulou, my first scan will be on Sept. 26, I guess we don't expect to hear a heartbeat then but it would be great to confirm the number of days. It must be a wonderful experience hearing the baby's heartbeat. I'm happy for you :)

DK I hope you have a lovely time in Italy. Don't scrimp on the eats too :)

loulou123

#113 Post by loulou123 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi MommyK - we didn’t actually hear the heartbeat, we just saw a little line wiggling on the screen, it’s really surreal! I’m sure you’ll be able to see the same thing when you go for your scan xxx

MommyKenny

#114 Post by MommyKenny » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:41 am

Hi loulou oh yeah 8 weeks still a bit early for that. Yeah I guess I will!

loulou123

#115 Post by loulou123 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:59 am

Hi ladies,
I just wanted to let you know I had my 12-week scan yesterday and everything looks good so far. I can’t believe it! My other half had a little tear in his eye, I think he’s still expecting something to go wrong.

DK/MommyKenny/Ire - how are you all? I’d love to hear an update on how you’re getting on.

Sending much love xxx

dk123

#116 Post by dk123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:50 am

Hi loulou

How exciting, I’m so glad everything’s going well. It must feel so surreal.

I am still no further ahead. I had a break to go on holiday, was actually 6 days late so got excited, I took a test on my birthday, but was negative 🙄. I rang to book an IUI when my period had started but they didn’t have any space for me this time, so now I’m waiting for my next period so I can book another round. I’m having the worst luck.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Xx

loulou123

#117 Post by loulou123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:13 pm

DK,
You really are having the worst of luck!
If you wanted, could you skip IUI and go for IVF instead? It really feels like the gods are against you having a proper go at IUI...
I’m still keeping everything crossed for you xx

dk123

#118 Post by dk123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Lou Lou,

I am seriously thinking about skipping iui. I’m giving it until Christmas then moving on to ivf.
I’ve also been trying a lot of natural things too so still hoping things could happen naturally. It’s a long shot, but I’ll try anything.

I’ll keep you posted.(with my slow progress haha)

Xxx

Ire1

#119 Post by Ire1 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:59 am

Awww bet that is such an amazing feeling!! :D wishing you all the love xx

Dk123 oh no don’t give up! It will all be worth it in the end! Please may I ask what are you trying in natural thing wise if you don’t mind! Any little helps :)

I’m okay! Just plodding on waiting until next year trying to get my body/mind baby ready! But so looking forward to our holiday and then knowing we start treatment after!

Lots of love to you all xx

dk123

#120 Post by dk123 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:48 am

Hi ire1

I’m eating lots of berries and kiwis, and drinking pomegranate juice. Also eating avocado and Brazil nuts. However what I’ve had the biggest change with is using essential oils, I’ve used a combination of German chamomile, frankincense and rose Otto. I’ve been putting it on the soles of my feet every night up to ovulation. And a drop on the inside of each ankle. It says not to use it after ovulation. Obviously I’m not pregnant yet, but it’s meant to regulate your cycle, I’ve used it for 2 cycles and I’ve ovulated on the same day both months! It has made my cycle longer but if it’s regular I’ll take it.
Also after ovulation I eat pineapple with the core as this is meant to help with implantation.
I’ve been doing the obvious things too like taking folic acid each day. There’s no results yet but I’m staying positive!

You never know by next year you may be pregnant without the help! Xxx

Ire1

#121 Post by Ire1 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Oh wow that’s really helpful thank you ! My main problem is ovulation! I have low progesterone and my cycles are so irregular and long’ Never know , keep going your body may be getting used to it! Got my fingers crossed for you! Sounds like it is doing something though if you are ovulating on the same day! Xxxx

dk123

#122 Post by dk123 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:30 pm

I’d say anything was worth trying, my friend swears by acupuncture too. Which I am thinking of trying actually. From reading various articles natural remedies work wonders.
Also I’ve heard a lot of ‘eggs make eggs’ so maybe worth introducing more eggs into your diet and see if that helps?

Let me know how you get on. Xxx

loulou123

#123 Post by loulou123 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:05 pm

I think try whatever makes you feel better about the whole process!!!
I did read a book called “it starts with the egg” which is all about what you can do to improve egg quality. I ended up taking a supplement called Ubiquinol just before our last cycle and I have no idea if it helped or not! I left my copy of the book on the Care Nottingham waiting room so other ladies could read it.
xxx

Jens1984

#124 Post by Jens1984 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:28 pm

loulou123 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:05 pm
I think try whatever makes you feel better about the whole process!!!
I did read a book called “it starts with the egg” which is all about what you can do to improve egg quality. I ended up taking a supplement called Ubiquinol just before our last cycle and I have no idea if it helped or not! I left my copy of the book on the Care Nottingham waiting room so other ladies could read it.
xxx
I have also read this book and tried so hard to follow it but all the supplements were so expensive after spending a fortune on the first lot I realised I needed 3 months worth before my next cycle.
I’m on 2 week wait so not sure what helped and what hasn’t but I’ve done a lot better on eggs in number and quality this time. But my meds also slightly changed so I guess it’s more likely that!
Every little bit of hope helps tho

loulou123

#125 Post by loulou123 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 am

Haha Jens I agree, I didn’t follow all the advice in the book, just ate a healthy diet, cut out alcohol and caffeine, and added the ubiquinol as I think you could spend a fortune and drive yourself mad!

The only difference between my previous unsuccessful cycles and this successful one was an extra intrilipid infusion before starting stimulating drugs (so 2 this time instead of 1), and the ubiquinol.

We’ll never know what made the difference this time, perhaps it was just luck (it was our 9th embryo to be transferred after all!)

Good luck for the 2ww, I’ll cross my fingers for you!
xxx