Immune meds banned due to Covid

Further investigations and immunology issues.

Moderator: Administrator

Givingitatry

Re: Immune meds banned due to Covid

#26 Post by Givingitatry » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:07 am

Rachyboo wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:07 pm
Wow, your a braver woman than me 😂. I was like you before i had my daughter. I had 2 donor egg blastocysts put back on round 7 because i just couldn't keep going through IVF. The clinic strongly recommended against it but i was adamant that's what i wanted so thats what we did. Sadly we miscarried but knowing what i know now after having a child, im thankful every day that they didn't both stick. Having my daughter was truly a massive shock to the system and i had no clue how hard it was going to be. I remember, when we first brought her home - we needed to go to asda and decided we would all go. We started getting ready at 10 am, by 4pm, we still hadn't left the house 😂.

I've always been told that the NHS dont treat embedded infections and i would need to continue paying privately however ive just found out there is 1 NHS clinic running in London so im trying to get a referral to that clinic so all my treatment will be free. At the moment im paying £450 every 3 mths so will be a massive help if i can. Only an NHS consultant can refer you so im waiting to see if my NHS Urologist will do me a referral 🙏. It will be abit of a nightmare travelling down to London every 4 weeks if i get pregnant especially when heavily pregnant. Im only small but had a massive belly with my daughter.

Just out of interest, where are you sourcing your IVF medications?
I can imagine it was quite a shock when you had one child and felt you had no time, energy etc so the thought of two must have filled you with fear of what could have been! I also have a dog so it’d be like 3 kids really 😂 I find you just make things work and focus on what’s important, like any time in life. I watch my friends tie themselves in knots over doing all the right stuff and it’s just not possible to achieve perfection. This is not the same but over a 6 month period I was a bridesmaid to 3 friends and organising their hen dos (1 was 4 days abroad in Lisbon, a nightmare in itself!), doing dress shopping and fittings, helping them plan their weddings and dealing with all the drama of family feuds, suppliers pulling out etc, plus planning my own wedding and honeymoon, changing jobs and the company (and getting promoted unexpectedly into a new, much bigger role shortly after I joined that quite honestly I was not ready for at that moment in time), relocating 50 miles away from friends and family, buying a house and welcoming a 9 week old puppy into my life. This was all on top of usual day to day drama of some ongoing health issues I have, life admin etc and I’m sure you feel the same and you just take each day and you get it done, somehow 😂 life isn’t easy and looking back you think you must have been bonkers to even consider doing what you did but the reward afterwards is so worth it! Now if I ended up with triplets, then I will openly admit I’m completely done for and what was I thinking! Think I’d need to get the mother in law to move in permanently 😂

That’s annoying about the lack of NHS support but great to have found one that may be an opportunity! I’ll be keeping all crossed they have room for a small one as it isn’t cheap having to pay for this and ivf / meds etc. Even if it takes a few months, it’d be a great saving for the times they can see you on the NHS.

Meds wise we go through the Care recommended provider. I think they were called Stork fertility? We researched before and although you can get supermarkets to dispense the meds for cheaper, we struggled to find everything you needed like needles, free returns sharps bins etc so wasn’t worth the hassle in the end for us. Very pleasantly surprised to learn my FET is a bargain at about 1/3 of the price of my fresh though! Or about 50% if you include the intralipids, which is invoiced separately. Treating myself to some reflexology before I start and will still be under budget 🥳 that’s the type of maths I like x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct 20 - ICSI fresh (long): 2x day 5s - BFN, 4 frosties
Feb 21 - L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
Apr 21 - immune FET (long): 2x day 5s - BFP chemical, 2 frosties

Rachyboo

#27 Post by Rachyboo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Hey,
I typed out a long message and just realised its not posted 🙄.
I can't believe you took all that stuff on, i cant imagine finding the time to do all that and work. All that is 2 full time jobs! The thing that gets you with having a baby is the sleep deprivation and how relentless it is when you are so overwhelmed with tiredness you can't think straight. Unfortunately, i got really bad postnatal depression with my daughter through lack of sleep when she was 5 mths old. What made it worse was no one was listening to me when i was telling them i wasn't coping. My partner now realises he should of listened and done more and this time i will be more of a priority.
I know the baby/babies will be top priority but make sure you are aswell because without you, the wheels really do fall off.

Ive just seen on your signature that your starting on 17th April 🥳🥳🙌. Are you excited? Have you been able to work out when your having the transfer? Those 9 days after you've had the transfer done and your waiting to test are the worst. Will you be having any time away from work? I knew i was pregnant both times but weirdly enough i had completely different symptoms both times. The first time, i kept going dizzy every time i bent down and that's not like me at all. The second time, i had extreme tiredness. I literally couldn't stop yawning or keep my eyes open. I started with it on day 7 after the transfer so kind of knew prior to the test but that didn't stop me shaking when i did the test! My friend who got pregnant with the twins had absolutely no symptoms at all from the drugs or from being pregnant until she hit the 7 week mark and then she started with extreme sickness which carried on until the twins were born. She spent almost all of her pregnancy in bed sadly 😭. Its so strange how pregnancy effects people differently.

I had no clue that CARE won't provide my needles if i didn't get my drugs from them 😱. I started to panic because im getting my drugs from ASDA because CARE wanted £691 excluding the intralipids up until i get a positive pregnancy test and ASDA its £335 so a massive difference. My friend ( she's a social worker who has worked on the drugs team) has suggested getting my needles and sharps bin from the local Needle exchange for free so im going that. X
3 rounds of IUI BFN
2 rounds OE nothing to transfer
3 Rounds DE
1 X BFN
1 X chemical
1 X BFP 🥳🥳
trying for sibling
FET June 21 🤞 BFN 😭

Givingitatry

#28 Post by Givingitatry » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 pm

Rachyboo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm
Hey,
I can't believe you took all that stuff on, i cant imagine finding the time to do all that and work. All that is 2 full time jobs! The thing that gets you with having a baby is the sleep deprivation and how relentless it is when you are so overwhelmed with tiredness you can't think straight. Unfortunately, i got really bad postnatal depression with my daughter through lack of sleep when she was 5 mths old. What made it worse was no one was listening to me when i was telling them i wasn't coping. My partner now realises he should of listened and done more and this time i will be more of a priority.
I know the baby/babies will be top priority but make sure you are aswell because without you, the wheels really do fall off.

Ive just seen on your signature that your starting on 17th April 🥳🥳🙌. Are you excited? Have you been able to work out when your having the transfer? Those 9 days after you've had the transfer done and your waiting to test are the worst. Will you be having any time away from work? I knew i was pregnant both times but weirdly enough i had completely different symptoms both times. The first time, i kept going dizzy every time i bent down and that's not like me at all. The second time, i had extreme tiredness. I literally couldn't stop yawning or keep my eyes open. I started with it on day 7 after the transfer so kind of knew prior to the test but that didn't stop me shaking when i did the test! My friend who got pregnant with the twins had absolutely no symptoms at all from the drugs or from being pregnant until she hit the 7 week mark and then she started with extreme sickness which carried on until the twins were born. She spent almost all of her pregnancy in bed sadly 😭. Its so strange how pregnancy effects people differently.

I had no clue that CARE won't provide my needles if i didn't get my drugs from them 😱. I started to panic because im getting my drugs from ASDA because CARE wanted £691 excluding the intralipids up until i get a positive pregnancy test and ASDA its £335 so a massive difference. My friend ( she's a social worker who has worked on the drugs team) has suggested getting my needles and sharps bin from the local Needle exchange for free so im going that. X
It was a busy time that’s for sure but I got through it 🙂 my job is a 60+ hour week too which doesn’t help but I’m trying to pull back a bit as feel a bit in a tailspin with a cycle on the horizon. Just having to ask my team to do a bit more at the moment but they seem happy to muck in.

I’m sorry to hear you struggled with your little one and your partner didn’t listen. Hopefully he’ll be better at knowing how to support you this time round and you’ll know going into it to take care of yourself too. Luckily (in a way), I’ve had depression in the past so know where my limits are and how to practice self-care that works for me. I don’t always get it spot on of course but not had any issues for almost a decade now, which is a good sign!

Yes I’m starting on 17th - mix of nerves and excitement what with the immuno protocol. Not sure what to expect but already not a fan of the calendar of meds to take 😂 but it’s our only option at the moment to try to have a family. I don’t know if it’s just my Care but you can’t really work out when you’re having ET (or EC) as they monitor you closely and only book at that stage. Maybe that’ll change with the FET but it’s always been quite last minute from my experience. They say maybe a certain week but my first cycle was running a week late in the end even though I responded in line with normal timelines. It was reassuring though that everything was booked at the right time and nothing was too early or late but means some ambiguity on dates.

Glad you’ve found a way to get your meds cheaply! I didn’t think a needle exchange would have both types of needles but good you have someone in the know. Sounds like your meds are £200+ more than mine though?! Imagine you must have some other meds on yours that I don’t have perhaps or maybe different quantities for your cycle. Either way you’re getting them half price, or should I say Asda price 🎉 haha. It’s all so expensive that any chance to save money is always handy. Hopefully can be put towards some baby bits 😉🤞🏻 x

Givingitatry

#29 Post by Givingitatry » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:17 pm

Rachyboo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm
Hey,

Hey Rachyboo - just thought I’d check in and see how you were doing? x

Rachyboo

#30 Post by Rachyboo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 pm

Hey Givingitatry,

Im not to bad actually. Things have moved on abit since we last spoke, ive contacted CARE and asked to get the ball rolling so hopefully we are looking at May/june for our transfer 😬. Hopefully May because i just want to get it over and done with now if you know what i mean, it all depends on how quick CARE can sort my protocol out which they said 2 weeks. Im so nervous about it because of my our health issues that i have going on but it doesn't look like they are going anywhere so may aswell get on with it. Im trying to remember how a frozen cycle goes but cant for the life of me because its been nearly 5 years since i did one. I've come on my period today so do you think i will be able to do my transfer next mth?

How's everything going for you? Did you start all your drugs on the 17th as planned? Hope your ok X
3 rounds of IUI BFN
2 rounds OE nothing to transfer
3 Rounds DE
1 X BFN
1 X chemical
1 X BFP 🥳🥳
trying for sibling
FET June 21 🤞 BFN 😭

Givingitatry

#31 Post by Givingitatry » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:35 pm

Rachyboo wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 pm
Hey Givingitatry,

Im not to bad actually. Things have moved on abit since we last spoke, ive contacted CARE and asked to get the ball rolling so hopefully we are looking at May/june for our transfer 😬. Hopefully May because i just want to get it over and done with now if you know what i mean, it all depends on how quick CARE can sort my protocol out which they said 2 weeks. Im so nervous about it because of my our health issues that i have going on but it doesn't look like they are going anywhere so may aswell get on with it. Im trying to remember how a frozen cycle goes but cant for the life of me because its been nearly 5 years since i did one. I've come on my period today so do you think i will be able to do my transfer next mth?

How's everything going for you? Did you start all your drugs on the 17th as planned? Hope your ok X
So sorry, didn’t see a message on this board! Just a quick update to say yes I have started and actually on day 5 of down reg already. Crazy. Waiting for my period which should be about 3-5 days from now based on last time.

FET wise, I’m on a long protocol so I start down reg on Day 21 of a cycle. If you were the same and your clinic had the protocol and you had the prescription I wouldn’t have seen why you couldn’t but Care would know for certain 🙂 x