May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

Post Reply
Message
Author
Rachyboo
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 11:47 am

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#126 Post by Rachyboo » Tue May 04, 2021 8:29 am

Hey MCV13
That's brilliant news that you've managed to get 11 follicles. That's a really good number i think. Keep is posted with how your EC goes. X

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#127 Post by Givingitatry » Tue May 04, 2021 9:35 am

Rachyboo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 am
Thank you givingitatry. My first two embryos i had put back were a 2-2 and i had a chemical with those so its hard to have faith in your last embryos that didn't were deemed the poorest quality. I know that they can't tell uless you have them tested. I was also told that the quality of the embryos can change after the thawing process. I really just want to get this over and done with now. I find the build up to it all difficult to deal with.
I know how you feel, it is a tough journey but you’re in good company with us all Rachyboo. Take each day as it comes and try to look back at how far you’ve come already - it’s basically months of prepping to get to ET whether appointments, meds etc and you’re getting there. You’ll blink and suddenly be on the 2WW.

On the grading, I try to think of it as they don’t freeze embryos that aren’t good enough so even a 2,3 if able to be frozen, must be close to a 2,2 anyway. They can change post thaw and I’ve seen 2,3 going to 2,2 as there honestly won’t be must difference between a lower grade 2,2 and a higher grade 2,3. I’m sorry you had chemicals but if it helps, it shows that you have some good ‘ingredients’ that can develop and perhaps a 2,3 for you would be more robust than someone else’s. I know people that got their BFP on their last embryo which was an average after using their top grade or goods so I know it happens and personally know someone vs seeing on boards only. We just can’t know by looking at them so try to keep the faith that your 2,2 and 2,3 are good ones that are euploid and be kind to yourself. Find something that you enjoy and treat yourself, you deserve it 🙂 sending lots of hugs and strength x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Sam5
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#128 Post by Sam5 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:53 am

Rachyboo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 am
Thank you givingitatry. My first two embryos i had put back were a 2-2 and i had a chemical with those so its hard to have faith in your last embryos that didn't were deemed the poorest quality. I know that they can't tell uless you have them tested. I was also told that the quality of the embryos can change after the thawing process. I really just want to get this over and done with now. I find the build up to it all difficult to deal with.
Hi Rachyboo,

Sorry you are struggling at the moment, we've all been there at times.
There is no way of knowing if this time will work, all you can do is try... & you are doing that already!
Easier said that done, but there is no point worrying about what we can't control.
Have a good day, maybe have some of those cream cakes you can use to replace intralipids 😉

Rachyboo
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 11:47 am

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#129 Post by Rachyboo » Tue May 04, 2021 9:58 am

Thanks givingitatry for your kind words! I will be fine once i start, its just the waiting to get started because its goes so slow. My daughter was the third 2-2 we had pit back. Our embryos we have left are hatching aswell zo here's hoping! I was told the lady who decided to freeze our embryos is really strict and she wouldn't freeze any we didn't have a good chance with 🙏.

I need to think of some things to do in the 2WW, ive got 2 full massages booked in for 19th and 26th May - i wanted to go while in the 2 WW but was told it wasn't suitable for pregnant women so thought it best not to go while waiting to find out. What kind of things to you do? I don't work and my daughter goes to nursery so have alot of time to fill. The first few rounds, i sat at home googling things which drove me round the bend. I think i will go for a walk every day to get good blood flow to the uterus but apart from that, i don't have any plans.

Rachyboo
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 11:47 am

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#130 Post by Rachyboo » Tue May 04, 2021 10:03 am

Hi Sam5

Thank you, i will be fine when i start, its just the waiting around. This is my 9th cycle so you'd think i was a pro at this by now but its still really anxiety provoking. Im just about to make a victoria sponge actually with my 4 year old 😋. X

Sam5
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#131 Post by Sam5 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:06 am

Rachyboo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:03 am
Hi Sam5

Thank you, i will be fine when i start, its just the waiting around. This is my 9th cycle so you'd think i was a pro at this by now but its still really anxiety provoking. Im just about to make a victoria sponge actually with my 4 year old 😋. X
Sounds perfect! Have fun!!

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#132 Post by Givingitatry » Tue May 04, 2021 1:44 pm

Rachyboo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:58 am
Thanks givingitatry for your kind words! I will be fine once i start, its just the waiting to get started because its goes so slow. My daughter was the third 2-2 we had pit back. Our embryos we have left are hatching aswell zo here's hoping! I was told the lady who decided to freeze our embryos is really strict and she wouldn't freeze any we didn't have a good chance with 🙏.

I need to think of some things to do in the 2WW, ive got 2 full massages booked in for 19th and 26th May - i wanted to go while in the 2 WW but was told it wasn't suitable for pregnant women so thought it best not to go while waiting to find out. What kind of things to you do? I don't work and my daughter goes to nursery so have alot of time to fill. The first few rounds, i sat at home googling things which drove me round the bend. I think i will go for a walk every day to get good blood flow to the uterus but apart from that, i don't have any plans.
That’s what we are here for 🙂 I think you can feel really positive about both of your frosties as if it wasn’t robust they couldn’t freeze it and thaw it. Plus hatching is a great sign! So try your best to put it to the back of your mind but as you say it’s easier when you start as the waiting is the hardest.

For the 2WW I try to fill my time with things I enjoy or that take time! So these sorts of things:
cooking a meal or treat that takes longer to prepare like a lasagne from scratch or some cake
Cooking something you haven’t before ie a new recipe
Going for a walk - up to 1hr a day (either 2x30mins or 1x1hr)
Painting my nails
Sewing or a craft kit eg crochet a bunny, sculpt something
Colouring in
Watching a film
Reading a book
Finding a new tv series to enjoy
A project eg last year it was Christmas so I wrote all the cards, made a wreath, organised table settings etc. But could be anything like making a photo album, creating a plant corner, teaching a dog a new trick (!), redecorating a room
Organising birthday presents or cards in advance

I had reflexology previously but decided this year not to, just in case it was impacting anything and being on steroids am more paranoid about being around people too.

Hope one of those gave you an idea! Whatever you do, make sure it’s something you enjoy or find it relaxes you eg I’m surprised that colouring is satisfying and takes a while so tends to pass an hour at a time but always find it weird saying colouring 😂 you can do dots too or paint by numbers x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Mcv13
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#133 Post by Mcv13 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 pm
Mcv13 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:42 pm
Hi everyone
Just an update on my scan all went ok I had 11 follicles but still a few smaller ones.. EC is booked for Thursday so hoping a couple more days of stims help the smaller ones catch up 🤞🏻
I need to read back as I’ve missed a few posts with being busy all weekend.
Hope everyone else is getting on ok? X
That’s great news, keeping all crossed the smaller ones catch up too. It’s amazing how fast they can grow between scans! I have my down reg confirmation scan on Wednesday and then start my FET 🤞🏻 x

Thank you . Good luck with Wednesday’s scan let us no how you get on 😊

Mcv13
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#134 Post by Mcv13 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Rachyboo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:29 am
Hey MCV13
That's brilliant news that you've managed to get 11 follicles. That's a really good number i think. Keep is posted with how your EC goes. X
Hopefully some good mature eggs 🤞🏻. Trigger tonight at 10pm... I’ve set lots of alarms 😂

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#135 Post by Givingitatry » Tue May 04, 2021 4:15 pm

Mcv13 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 pm
Mcv13 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:42 pm
Hi everyone
Just an update on my scan all went ok I had 11 follicles but still a few smaller ones.. EC is booked for Thursday so hoping a couple more days of stims help the smaller ones catch up 🤞🏻
I need to read back as I’ve missed a few posts with being busy all weekend.
Hope everyone else is getting on ok? X
That’s great news, keeping all crossed the smaller ones catch up too. It’s amazing how fast they can grow between scans! I have my down reg confirmation scan on Wednesday and then start my FET 🤞🏻 x

Thank you . Good luck with Wednesday’s scan let us no how you get on 😊
Good to hear about your trigger tonight and will let you know how my scan goes tomorrow. Is not until 2pm though so later in the day. Haven’t done anything different vs last time so should all go according to plan and start my FET 🤞🏻 x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Mcv13
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#136 Post by Mcv13 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 pm

Just spoke to clinic as they say no nail varnish for EC.. I said I have acrylic nails.. she said they should be fine as long as it’s not a dark colour. Last time I removed one as I no it’s for the monitor.. although they didn’t even put it on the finger of the nail I had removed 🙄 What have others been advised? Don’t want to delay things when I get there 🙈

Mcv13
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#137 Post by Mcv13 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:26 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:15 pm
Mcv13 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 pm


That’s great news, keeping all crossed the smaller ones catch up too. It’s amazing how fast they can grow between scans! I have my down reg confirmation scan on Wednesday and then start my FET 🤞🏻 x

Thank you . Good luck with Wednesday’s scan let us no how you get on 😊
Good to hear about your trigger tonight and will let you know how my scan goes tomorrow. Is not until 2pm though so later in the day. Haven’t done anything different vs last time so should all go according to plan and start my FET 🤞🏻 x

That’s brilliant news... how long is the protocol for FET after the scan? X

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#138 Post by Givingitatry » Tue May 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Mcv13 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:26 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:15 pm
Mcv13 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 pm
Good to hear about your trigger tonight and will let you know how my scan goes tomorrow. Is not until 2pm though so later in the day. Haven’t done anything different vs last time so should all go according to plan and start my FET 🤞🏻 x

That’s brilliant news... how long is the protocol for FET after the scan? X
Day 17-21 for a transfer so up to 3 weeks x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#139 Post by Givingitatry » Tue May 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Mcv13 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 pm
Just spoke to clinic as they say no nail varnish for EC.. I said I have acrylic nails.. she said they should be fine as long as it’s not a dark colour. Last time I removed one as I no it’s for the monitor.. although they didn’t even put it on the finger of the nail I had removed 🙄 What have others been advised? Don’t want to delay things when I get there 🙈
I was told nothing allowed I’m afraid but mine also allows pessaries at ET vs suppositories so it has been different! x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Rachyboo
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 11:47 am

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#140 Post by Rachyboo » Tue May 04, 2021 5:58 pm

Hey Givingitatry,
Yeah thanks, that has actually given me lots of ideas 😊
I started an interactive photo scrap book for my daughter when the 1st lockdown began. Im onto my second book but I've not done any work on it for a while because it is soooo time consuming making all the pop up stuff and little pockets from scratch so maybe i will start that up again. I love a love a good book do will make sure i order one so its here on time - have you got any recommendations? I like true story books. Ive just read infertility insanity for the second time 😂 so if you have any recommendations like that are welcome.

You must be getting excited now about actually starting your FET - will you let me know bow your scan goes? Hope all is well for you to move onto the next stage X

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#141 Post by Givingitatry » Tue May 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Rachyboo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:58 pm
Hey Givingitatry,
Yeah thanks, that has actually given me lots of ideas 😊
I started an interactive photo scrap book for my daughter when the 1st lockdown began. Im onto my second book but I've not done any work on it for a while because it is soooo time consuming making all the pop up stuff and little pockets from scratch so maybe i will start that up again. I love a love a good book do will make sure i order one so its here on time - have you got any recommendations? I like true story books. Ive just read infertility insanity for the second time 😂 so if you have any recommendations like that are welcome.

You must be getting excited now about actually starting your FET - will you let me know bow your scan goes? Hope all is well for you to move onto the next stage X
Glad it helped and the scrap book is a great idea! Something lovely for your little girl and assuming all goes according to plan, you’ll need to make sure you finish it so you can do one for the new addition 😉 I’m the second born so ‘the forgotten child’ ie half complete baby book, fewer pictures and memories of firsts etc. So I’m an advocate for treating the second born like the first 😂 also I hear fairy gardens and dolls houses are all the rage and take some time so do so also options to enjoy with your little one.

Books wise, I tend to focus on ‘trash’ I’m afraid. Silly stories vs anything of substance. So authors like Marian Keyes, Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green, Jojo Moyes, Katie Fforde, Penny Vincenzi. I have a kindle and Amazon prime so just read anything free that’s like those authors. As for true stories, I don’t tend to read any sadly (!) but for something less trashy, The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared was good as is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.

It is feeling more real that I’m coming up to the ‘active’ part of the cycle that’s for sure. Am a mix of excitement and readiness but with nerves and uncertainty if I’m ready for a BFN if it doesn’t work out. So taking each day as best I can but tomorrow should get the go ahead to start and may be day 1. If not day 1 will be Thursday and within 3 weeks I’ll have my double transfer again. Will let you know how it goes x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Mcv13
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#142 Post by Mcv13 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:44 pm
Mcv13 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:26 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:15 pm


Good to hear about your trigger tonight and will let you know how my scan goes tomorrow. Is not until 2pm though so later in the day. Haven’t done anything different vs last time so should all go according to plan and start my FET 🤞🏻 x

That’s brilliant news... how long is the protocol for FET after the scan? X
Day 17-21 for a transfer so up to 3 weeks x
It will soon be here 😊

Mcv13
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#143 Post by Mcv13 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:34 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:47 pm
Mcv13 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 pm
Just spoke to clinic as they say no nail varnish for EC.. I said I have acrylic nails.. she said they should be fine as long as it’s not a dark colour. Last time I removed one as I no it’s for the monitor.. although they didn’t even put it on the finger of the nail I had removed 🙄 What have others been advised? Don’t want to delay things when I get there 🙈
I was told nothing allowed I’m afraid but mine also allows pessaries at ET vs suppositories so it has been different! x
Yes it seems they all have different policies x

Rachyboo
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 11:47 am

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#144 Post by Rachyboo » Wed May 05, 2021 1:13 pm

Hey Givingitatry,
Yeah im a little bit worried about that if im honest - not getting enough memories and doing all the same things i did for my daughter for a second child. I imagine things will be alot different with a second than with your first. Its busy with one and hard to imagine when i will find the time. I made an IVF video of our journey to have my daughter so im busy collecting photos to make another one if we are lucky enough to have another child. She also has her own email address and we have been writing to her since i was 20 weeks pregnant. I write about all the little things that will be forgotten about when she's older. We also send her photos of big events like holiday's and birthdays and just tell her how proud we are of her. I need to make sure i also do that again.

Im with you on that one - The process is obviously difficult to go though because of all the what ifs and the wondering but its dealing with the fail that's the really difficult part. Im sure that things will work out for you this time with being on the correct drugs and you should be really positive about it. Let me know how your scan goes later X

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#145 Post by Givingitatry » Wed May 05, 2021 3:07 pm

Rachyboo wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:13 pm
Hey Givingitatry,
Yeah im a little bit worried about that if im honest - not getting enough memories and doing all the same things i did for my daughter for a second child. I imagine things will be alot different with a second than with your first. Its busy with one and hard to imagine when i will find the time. I made an IVF video of our journey to have my daughter so im busy collecting photos to make another one if we are lucky enough to have another child. She also has her own email address and we have been writing to her since i was 20 weeks pregnant. I write about all the little things that will be forgotten about when she's older. We also send her photos of big events like holiday's and birthdays and just tell her how proud we are of her. I need to make sure i also do that again.

Im with you on that one - The process is obviously difficult to go though because of all the what ifs and the wondering but its dealing with the fail that's the really difficult part. Im sure that things will work out for you this time with being on the correct drugs and you should be really positive about it. Let me know how your scan goes later X
I’m sure you’ll find the right balance. When they’re little they won’t remember anyway so be kind to yourself too and do what you can and try not to stress over what you can’t do what you do am sure will be more than enough 🙂 sounds like you’ve done some really lovely and thoughtful things for your little one and am sure you can find some time to do some of them for your other one in due course 🤞🏻

I really hope things work out as I’m slowly realising that I’m not cut out for this over and over again. My scan went well, all ok to go start my tablets tonight and spent the drive home constantly weeping... 😣 Can’t say why, whether relief, concern, hormones etc, but I know I’m finding this cycle much harder than the first one. I’m in awe of you ladies that have been strong enough to keep trying, you really are incredible x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Rachyboo
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 11:47 am

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#146 Post by Rachyboo » Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 pm

Aww givingitatry, that really made me sad that you was weeping on the way home. Its probably all the hormones your taking and abit of relief that all is well and you can move onto the next stage. Everything is so uncertain with IVF and you never know how your body will react. How is your husband with it all, is he supportive? Maybe have a long chat with him about how difficult your finding it all. I know we both go through it but i think its different for the woman with everything that happens to our bodies while we are cycling. I hope your feeling better later and im excited for you being able to move onto taking your tablets. Have they given you a date for your next scan? It will all move so quickly now! X

Sam5
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#147 Post by Sam5 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:07 pm
Rachyboo wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:13 pm
Hey Givingitatry,
Yeah im a little bit worried about that if im honest - not getting enough memories and doing all the same things i did for my daughter for a second child. I imagine things will be alot different with a second than with your first. Its busy with one and hard to imagine when i will find the time. I made an IVF video of our journey to have my daughter so im busy collecting photos to make another one if we are lucky enough to have another child. She also has her own email address and we have been writing to her since i was 20 weeks pregnant. I write about all the little things that will be forgotten about when she's older. We also send her photos of big events like holiday's and birthdays and just tell her how proud we are of her. I need to make sure i also do that again.

Im with you on that one - The process is obviously difficult to go though because of all the what ifs and the wondering but its dealing with the fail that's the really difficult part. Im sure that things will work out for you this time with being on the correct drugs and you should be really positive about it. Let me know how your scan goes later X
I’m sure you’ll find the right balance. When they’re little they won’t remember anyway so be kind to yourself too and do what you can and try not to stress over what you can’t do what you do am sure will be more than enough 🙂 sounds like you’ve done some really lovely and thoughtful things for your little one and am sure you can find some time to do some of them for your other one in due course 🤞🏻

I really hope things work out as I’m slowly realising that I’m not cut out for this over and over again. My scan went well, all ok to go start my tablets tonight and spent the drive home constantly weeping... 😣 Can’t say why, whether relief, concern, hormones etc, but I know I’m finding this cycle much harder than the first one. I’m in awe of you ladies that have been strong enough to keep trying, you really are incredible x
Aww givingitatry, it probably is the hormones. I've been moody so having to concentrate on not snapping at people.

Do you feel concerned about anything in particular?
I'm so pleased that your scan went well... just take one step at a time, 3 weeks will fly by & hopefully it will all be worth it for you.

I also had my DR scan today, it went well so I'm starting ovaleap tonight, little by little & we will all get through it!

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#148 Post by Givingitatry » Wed May 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Rachyboo wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Aww givingitatry, that really made me sad that you was weeping on the way home. Its probably all the hormones your taking and abit of relief that all is well and you can move onto the next stage. Everything is so uncertain with IVF and you never know how your body will react. How is your husband with it all, is he supportive? Maybe have a long chat with him about how difficult your finding it all. I know we both go through it but i think its different for the woman with everything that happens to our bodies while we are cycling. I hope your feeling better later and im excited for you being able to move onto taking your tablets. Have they given you a date for your next scan? It will all move so quickly now! X
I think the buserelin is a key factor to be honest. It’s been impacting my sleep for almost 3 weeks, mild headaches have returned so it’s having a physical impact so why not an emotional one too. I also hate internal ultrasounds so that won’t help either 🙄 but I’ve pulled myself back together again and had a nice cuddle with my dog. I am relieved but anxious about this stage too as it’s a new protocol abs if it doesn’t work, it’s probably only testing we can do to get more answers. But I won’t think about that just yet.

My husband tries his best, we both have demanding jobs with long working hours so he can’t be around as much as I’d like. He also works in the leisure industry so they’re reporting shortly after a year of being closed so the pressure is on. He’s been good at giving me a foot rub and a cuddle but like many men he’s not as good with the emotions and talking. He knows to ask how I am and if I want to talk about anything, he’ll listen but not one that tends to have advice or solutions. But reassures me that everything will be ok, regardless of the outcome. Is actually our wedding anniversary tomorrow so it’ll be nice to celebrate something nice.

Thanks for helping me feel a little better about things. My intralipids are on Thursday 13th and lining scan is Friday 14th May so not too long to wait for the next step really.

How are you feeling about everything at the moment? x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Givingitatry
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#149 Post by Givingitatry » Wed May 05, 2021 5:55 pm

Sam5 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:07 pm
Rachyboo wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:13 pm
Hey Givingitatry,
Yeah im a little bit worried about that if im honest - not getting enough memories and doing all the same things i did for my daughter for a second child. I imagine things will be alot different with a second than with your first. Its busy with one and hard to imagine when i will find the time. I made an IVF video of our journey to have my daughter so im busy collecting photos to make another one if we are lucky enough to have another child. She also has her own email address and we have been writing to her since i was 20 weeks pregnant. I write about all the little things that will be forgotten about when she's older. We also send her photos of big events like holiday's and birthdays and just tell her how proud we are of her. I need to make sure i also do that again.

Im with you on that one - The process is obviously difficult to go though because of all the what ifs and the wondering but its dealing with the fail that's the really difficult part. Im sure that things will work out for you this time with being on the correct drugs and you should be really positive about it. Let me know how your scan goes later X
I’m sure you’ll find the right balance. When they’re little they won’t remember anyway so be kind to yourself too and do what you can and try not to stress over what you can’t do what you do am sure will be more than enough 🙂 sounds like you’ve done some really lovely and thoughtful things for your little one and am sure you can find some time to do some of them for your other one in due course 🤞🏻

I really hope things work out as I’m slowly realising that I’m not cut out for this over and over again. My scan went well, all ok to go start my tablets tonight and spent the drive home constantly weeping... 😣 Can’t say why, whether relief, concern, hormones etc, but I know I’m finding this cycle much harder than the first one. I’m in awe of you ladies that have been strong enough to keep trying, you really are incredible x
Aww givingitatry, it probably is the hormones. I've been moody so having to concentrate on not snapping at people.

Do you feel concerned about anything in particular?
I'm so pleased that your scan went well... just take one step at a time, 3 weeks will fly by & hopefully it will all be worth it for you.

I also had my DR scan today, it went well so I'm starting ovaleap tonight, little by little & we will all get through it!
Oh that’s good to hear! We must be on similar timescales in that case 🙂 you are reassuring me that hormones are probably the devil in this. On edge is a good way to describe it. I’m slightly concerned about the potential dealing with another BFN as no matter how much you prepare, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Plus a new protocol so don’t know how I’ll respond. Other than that I am hopeful that the change in protocol will be the answer but feels a long way to go yet. Keeping all crossed your ovaleap helps level you out too, a better balance of hormones is always good vs being weighed too far one way or the other! x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

Sam5
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 pm

Re: May/June 2021 Cycle Buddies

#150 Post by Sam5 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:55 pm
Sam5 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:07 pm


I’m sure you’ll find the right balance. When they’re little they won’t remember anyway so be kind to yourself too and do what you can and try not to stress over what you can’t do what you do am sure will be more than enough 🙂 sounds like you’ve done some really lovely and thoughtful things for your little one and am sure you can find some time to do some of them for your other one in due course 🤞🏻

I really hope things work out as I’m slowly realising that I’m not cut out for this over and over again. My scan went well, all ok to go start my tablets tonight and spent the drive home constantly weeping... 😣 Can’t say why, whether relief, concern, hormones etc, but I know I’m finding this cycle much harder than the first one. I’m in awe of you ladies that have been strong enough to keep trying, you really are incredible x
Aww givingitatry, it probably is the hormones. I've been moody so having to concentrate on not snapping at people.

Do you feel concerned about anything in particular?
I'm so pleased that your scan went well... just take one step at a time, 3 weeks will fly by & hopefully it will all be worth it for you.

I also had my DR scan today, it went well so I'm starting ovaleap tonight, little by little & we will all get through it!
Oh that’s good to hear! We must be on similar timescales in that case 🙂 you are reassuring me that hormones are probably the devil in this. On edge is a good way to describe it. I’m slightly concerned about the potential dealing with another BFN as no matter how much you prepare, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Plus a new protocol so don’t know how I’ll respond. Other than that I am hopeful that the change in protocol will be the answer but feels a long way to go yet. Keeping all crossed your ovaleap helps level you out too, a better balance of hormones is always good vs being weighed too far one way or the other! x
I totally understand, that's why I am just taking one step at a time, it's too long if you think all the way to the end. So my next step is just getting to next Wednesday when I have another scan.
I do hate internal scans too... but that's one less we have to do now!

It is really difficult to think it might not work but at least we are trying... we can't change the outcome but regretting that we didn't even try would be much worse!

I hope you don't get many side effects on the next meds... have you looked at what they might be?

Hormones suck, & men will never understand... so better we just laugh on here about how crazy we are being!
I did hear that drinking lots of water helps with the headaches from Buserelin so might be worth trying that if you're not already.

Post Reply