Waiting to start/between cycles

Are you with me?

Moderator: Administrator

Givingitatry

Re: Waiting to start/between cycles

#251 Post by Givingitatry » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:57 pm

Luckybabe37 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:47 am
Hi ladies just want to say congrats o keep reading hopin gives me hope as at min I ain’t clue what happening with this cycle I wanted bit advice as gettin told different things. So i started my injections 4 weeks ago!! But wen had scan showed follicle and that I was due to ovulate so was told wait for period but Carry on injections so wen can continue this cycle well I have not had period they told me shud have couple days ago. I want to ask does anyone know if these injections stop period commin??? Even though they ain’t worked as they told me will bleed still. Am soooo confused x
Hi there, sorry I can’t help with your question as haven’t had a back to back cycle before but I’ll hope Care know what they’re doing and that your body responds as it’s meant to. Ivf is really confusing sometimes but am sure someone on the boards will have some experience to share with you and hopefully reassure you ❤️ Wishing you lots of luck with your cycle x
Oct 20 ICSI fresh (long): 2xday 5s - BFN
Feb 21 L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK, T cells
Apr 21 Immune FET (long) 2xday 5s - BFP chemical
Aug 21 Immune FET (short) 2xday 5s - BFP ❤️ 👶🏻👶🏻 but early loss of one. 👶🏻 EDD 12/5/22

LilacRose

#252 Post by LilacRose » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:06 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:55 pm
LilacRose wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:42 pm
CC27 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:28 pm
Hi Everyone!

I've been off the boards lately as I feel I've been in the same old space and not moving forward!

Ever since the chemical I really don't feel like we've had much luck with anything at all, its really put a downer on everything. Obviously we had our little night away stay ruined by the company going into liquidation and not telling us, then i had my infection so was on antibiotics which then delayed the FET for another month. Last week me and my partner must have had a stomach bug as we both came home from work and couldn't stop throwing up (tmi sorry) then I've been full of cold ever since! Had my 2nd covid jab though, which very luckily, i haven't reacted too, so just dealing with this cold that everyone seems to have.

A few positives though, we got so fed up we decided to book a holiday to Tenerife in Feb, so that's something to look forward too. We also got Ed Sheeran tickets for his tour next year! (If all goes well there's a chance I'll be 8 months pregnant!) And we have our upcoming trip to London at the beginning of October, so that'll be exciting.

Still just a waiting game for AF to arrive now to crack on with the FET, it couldn't come any bloody sooner!!! Currently know 7 people pregnant... its so much harder to deal with than I expected. If this net cycle doesnt go to plan, we've already decided to take a prolonged break and go again next year.

I've been trying to keep up with where you all are!

Givingitatry - How are you feeling? Are you excited for your scan Tuesday? I reaaaaaally hope you get too see that teeny tiny heart beat going strong in there!

LilacRose - Good luck for egg collection tomorrow! How's it looking so far? Have you had any more thought on doing a fresh transfer?

xx
Hi CC27,

So lovely to hear from you! I had been wondering how you were doing, but I’m the same with the boards, on and off!

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling like you’ve had a run of bad luck - hopefully you’ll start to feel better soon and your luck will change 🥰 the things you have planned sound fab too! I know how you feel with everyone being pregnant around you, I’m the same! Everyone seems to be having no 2 atm and it’s people that had no 1 way after I did. I just feel so left behind.

Egg collection was not great. Follicles had picked up in terms of growth and I had 12, with 4 or 5 looking a half decent size and so they were hoping for 4 or 5 eggs but when they got in there, there were 6 follicles and only 3 eggs. 3 of the sacks were basically empty. I’m gutted - such a change from 9 eggs from 10 follicles last time. I know it’s not impossible, but the chance of getting a normal embryo from 3 eggs is pretty slim. I think my fresh vs testing and frozen quandary has been resolved for me - if we get 1 embryo, it’ll be a day 3 transfer and if we get 2 or more (unlikely), it’ll be a day 5 transfer of 2. But I guess there’s a real chance we may not get any. I’m crossing my fingers for one good embryo... x
Just to say, I’m sorry to see your disappointment, you’ve been through so much and was really hoping you would have a little positivity to give you a lift. That said, 3 eggs I thought was a good chance of a euploid? What makes you think it’s unlikely? If it’s previous cycles, don’t forget that quantity doesn’t mean quality and could be you had overstimulation that was ‘spoiling’ the eggs. So a smaller number could be a more positive outcome for you 🤞🏻 I’m choosing to believe this for you and hoping you get 2 day 5s 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 x
Hey Givingitatry, thanks for the message... I guess I’m just doing the maths and feeling a little negative. I’d heard that you typically get a ratio of half the number of embryos to eggs if you know what I mean, then half again are likely to be euploid at my age. And that seems to be right with our last numbers (9 eggs, 6 embryos which dropped to 4 by day 5, transferred 1 fresh, tested 3, 1 was euploid). So with 3, it’s likely we may get 1 embryo and 50% chance it’s euploid. But, who knows, just have to see how we get on with fertilisation overnight. To get anything would be amazing.

Wishing you lots of love and luck for tomorrow ❤️🍀 xxx
Me 37, DH 38.
2013: 👶 postpartum infection and tube damage.
2016: ruptured ectopic 👼
Oct 20: IVF. 1 fresh, 3 frosties. BFN.
Feb 21: PGA testing. 1 euploid.
Jun: FET. BFN.
Aug/Sep: down reg/stimulation.
Sep: 1 embryo. Fresh transfer.
Oct: BFN.

Givingitatry

#253 Post by Givingitatry » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:10 pm

LilacRose wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:06 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
LilacRose wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:42 pm

Hi CC27,

So lovely to hear from you! I had been wondering how you were doing, but I’m the same with the boards, on and off!

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling like you’ve had a run of bad luck - hopefully you’ll start to feel better soon and your luck will change 🥰 the things you have planned sound fab too! I know how you feel with everyone being pregnant around you, I’m the same! Everyone seems to be having no 2 atm and it’s people that had no 1 way after I did. I just feel so left behind.

Egg collection was not great. Follicles had picked up in terms of growth and I had 12, with 4 or 5 looking a half decent size and so they were hoping for 4 or 5 eggs but when they got in there, there were 6 follicles and only 3 eggs. 3 of the sacks were basically empty. I’m gutted - such a change from 9 eggs from 10 follicles last time. I know it’s not impossible, but the chance of getting a normal embryo from 3 eggs is pretty slim. I think my fresh vs testing and frozen quandary has been resolved for me - if we get 1 embryo, it’ll be a day 3 transfer and if we get 2 or more (unlikely), it’ll be a day 5 transfer of 2. But I guess there’s a real chance we may not get any. I’m crossing my fingers for one good embryo... x
Just to say, I’m sorry to see your disappointment, you’ve been through so much and was really hoping you would have a little positivity to give you a lift. That said, 3 eggs I thought was a good chance of a euploid? What makes you think it’s unlikely? If it’s previous cycles, don’t forget that quantity doesn’t mean quality and could be you had overstimulation that was ‘spoiling’ the eggs. So a smaller number could be a more positive outcome for you 🤞🏻 I’m choosing to believe this for you and hoping you get 2 day 5s 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 x
Hey Givingitatry, thanks for the message... I guess I’m just doing the maths and feeling a little negative. I’d heard that you typically get a ratio of half the number of embryos to eggs if you know what I mean, then half again are likely to be euploid at my age. And that seems to be right with our last numbers (9 eggs, 6 embryos which dropped to 4 by day 5, transferred 1 fresh, tested 3, 1 was euploid). So with 3, it’s likely we may get 1 embryo and 50% chance it’s euploid. But, who knows, just have to see how we get on with fertilisation overnight. To get anything would be amazing.

I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 It only takes one and we have to remember that part, extras are lovely but the aim is to get that 1 euploid embryo and I’ll pray you get yours this time even if it doesn’t feel as hopeful as other cycles 🙏🏻 🍀 🤞🏻 x
Aug 21 Immune FET (short) 2xday 5s - BFP ❤️ 👶🏻👶🏻 but early loss of one. 👶🏻 EDD 12/5/22

LilacRose

#254 Post by LilacRose » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:10 pm
LilacRose wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 It only takes one and we have to remember that part, extras are lovely but the aim is to get that 1 euploid embryo and I’ll pray you get yours this time even if it doesn’t feel as hopeful as other cycles 🙏🏻 🍀 🤞🏻 x
Yes, that’s true 🤞 we’ll see what tomorrow brings! X
Me 37, DH 38.

Givingitatry

#255 Post by Givingitatry » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:18 pm

LilacRose wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:10 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
LilacRose wrote:

I’ll be hoping! Let me know what the embryologist says x

LilacRose

#256 Post by LilacRose » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:49 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:18 pm
LilacRose wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

I will do 😊 and let me know how your scan goes too. I feel it in my bones that all will be well for you x
Me 37, DH 38.

LilacRose

#257 Post by LilacRose » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:12 am

Givingitatry wrote:
LilacRose wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

Hey Givingitatry

Hope you’re ok and managing to stay sane waiting for your scan. Wishing you all the luck in the world 🍀

Just had our fertilisation results - 1 fertilised normally, 1 fertilised abnormally, 1 was mature but didn’t fertilise. So, we have 1 basically!

Now have to decide whether to do a day 3 transfer (Thurs) or wait a couple of days and do a day 5 transfer (Sat). I’m ruling out the testing/frozen route.

Embryologist said waiting til day 5 is basically a selection tool, so you can compare different embryos so maybe no point - however, it would mean that we would know if it reached blastocyst stage... but there are apparently some slight risks in leaving til day 5, and allowing to develop in the womb from day 3 can be of benefit.

The other thing is that I normally have sedated transfers but they’re saying it’s not available on Thurs and so it would be a nurse-led light sedation... or it sounds like if I wait til day 5, I could have the full sedation but they’re basically saying to me it’s risky to wait til day 5 and they think I should go on day 3. I got the feeling maybe it’s just more convenient for them though tbh, but perhaps I’m being cynical.

Apparently it’s a change in policy and from next week they’re not using full sedation for any procedures anymore?! Makes me feel pretty anxious for the prospect of future rounds...

But, staying in the present...! You had a normal transfer following a sedated transfer last time and found it ok didn’t you? So maybe i would find a light sedation ok? X
Me 37, DH 38.

Givingitatry

#258 Post by Givingitatry » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:09 pm

LilacRose wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:12 am
Givingitatry wrote:
LilacRose wrote:

Hey Givingitatry

Hope you’re ok and managing to stay sane waiting for your scan. Wishing you all the luck in the world 🍀

Just had our fertilisation results - 1 fertilised normally, 1 fertilised abnormally, 1 was mature but didn’t fertilise. So, we have 1 basically!

Now have to decide whether to do a day 3 transfer (Thurs) or wait a couple of days and do a day 5 transfer (Sat). I’m ruling out the testing/frozen route.

Embryologist said waiting til day 5 is basically a selection tool, so you can compare different embryos so maybe no point - however, it would mean that we would know if it reached blastocyst stage... but there are apparently some slight risks in leaving til day 5, and allowing to develop in the womb from day 3 can be of benefit.

The other thing is that I normally have sedated transfers but they’re saying it’s not available on Thurs and so it would be a nurse-led light sedation... or it sounds like if I wait til day 5, I could have the full sedation but they’re basically saying to me it’s risky to wait til day 5 and they think I should go on day 3. I got the feeling maybe it’s just more convenient for them though tbh, but perhaps I’m being cynical.

Apparently it’s a change in policy and from next week they’re not using full sedation for any procedures anymore?! Makes me feel pretty anxious for the prospect of future rounds...

But, staying in the present...! You had a normal transfer following a sedated transfer last time and found it ok didn’t you? So maybe i would find a light sedation ok? X
So glad to hear you have one that fertilised normally but sorry to hear about the others. I always tell myself it’s better if one isn’t going to take that it stops earlier in the process as saves some heartache down the line.

I’ve usually heard in these circumstances that a day 3 is the best as nothing is as good at helping an embryo to develop as the human body itself. So I would completely understand doing day 3 and I know I’d opt for that if in your position.

That’s strange about the sedation! I wonder why they’re changing the rules. I had full sedation on my first and then no sedation on cycles 2 or 3. Partly as I told myself if I can’t handle 5 mins of a transfer than I’ll never survive hours of labour 😂 plus I wanted my husband to be there so did it for him. I had access to gas and air if I needed it but to be honest it was ok. I had some on cycle 2 but that was because of the progesterone palaver and was so on edge. Was more about that than the transfer! It was actually less painful than a smear test for me and was over very quickly. If you’re nervous then light sedation makes sense but I can honestly say as someone that screams bloody murder during a smear that all the transfer was was some pressure and just had to keep telling myself to relax my pelvis and I was fine. Just deep breathing and that got me through my final transfer. I read a lot of stuff on google and there was something to be said for trying without if you can as means you can have a full bladder to help guide the catheter too whereas sedation is an empty bladder. Obviously it’s not a huge difference but the better the visibility the easier to pop it in the right place. Have you considered asking for gas and air or would you rather light sedation? I’m not sure your reasons but think it was pain related so definitely not worth putting yourself in a stressful situation!

I’m just 35 mins away from getting in the car and going to our scan. I feel physically sick and lightheaded and am convinced this time it’s adrenaline and not my morning sickness. I’d go so far as to say I’m frightened about what they’ll say 🥺 I really hope this is the end of our ivf journey and we finally have good news and a baby coming to meet us next year. If not I think I’ll get another dog… 🐕 x

LilacRose

#259 Post by LilacRose » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:09 pm
LilacRose wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

Hey Givingitatry

So glad to hear you have one that fertilised normally but sorry to hear about the others. I always tell myself it’s better if one isn’t going to take that it stops earlier in the process as saves some heartache down the line.

I’ve usually heard in these circumstances that a day 3 is the best as nothing is as good at helping an embryo to develop as the human body itself. So I would completely understand doing day 3 and I know I’d opt for that if in your position.

That’s strange about the sedation! I wonder why they’re changing the rules. I had full sedation on my first and then no sedation on cycles 2 or 3. Partly as I told myself if I can’t handle 5 mins of a transfer than I’ll never survive hours of labour 😂 plus I wanted my husband to be there so did it for him. I had access to gas and air if I needed it but to be honest it was ok. I had some on cycle 2 but that was because of the progesterone palaver and was so on edge. Was more about that than the transfer! It was actually less painful than a smear test for me and was over very quickly. If you’re nervous then light sedation makes sense but I can honestly say as someone that screams bloody murder during a smear that all the transfer was was some pressure and just had to keep telling myself to relax my pelvis and I was fine. Just deep breathing and that got me through my final transfer. I read a lot of stuff on google and there was something to be said for trying without if you can as means you can have a full bladder to help guide the catheter too whereas sedation is an empty bladder. Obviously it’s not a huge difference but the better the visibility the easier to pop it in the right place. Have you considered asking for gas and air or would you rather light sedation? I’m not sure your reasons but think it was pain related so definitely not worth putting yourself in a stressful situation!

I’m just 35 mins away from getting in the car and going to our scan. I feel physically sick and lightheaded and am convinced this time it’s adrenaline and not my morning sickness. I’d go so far as to say I’m frightened about what they’ll say 🥺 I really hope this is the end of our ivf journey and we finally have good news and a baby coming to meet us next year. If not I think I’ll get another dog… 🐕 x
Eek, I would bet that will adrenaline, you must be feeling super nervous but I am wishing you all the luck in the world 🍀 🌍 let us know how you go when you’re ready 🤗

Thank you for your thoughts on the 3 day v 5 day - everyone seems to be saying the same thing re 3 day, so I think I’ll go for that. I get sedated for anxiety really as I got ptsd after I had my daughter, then had a horrible ruptured ectopic, and now I get vaginismas when stressed so that doesn’t help matters! But hopefully the light sedation will help that. Gas and air made me vom in labour (sorry, probs tmi!) so not sure if I’d be able to withstand it, though perhaps it was a combination of everything going on that caused that! X
Me 37, DH 38.

Givingitatry

#260 Post by Givingitatry » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:14 pm

LilacRose wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:42 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:09 pm
LilacRose wrote:

Hey Givingitatry

Eek, I would bet that will adrenaline, you must be feeling super nervous but I am wishing you all the luck in the world 🍀 🌍 let us know how you go when you’re ready 🤗

Thank you for your thoughts on the 3 day v 5 day - everyone seems to be saying the same thing re 3 day, so I think I’ll go for that. I get sedated for anxiety really as I got ptsd after I had my daughter, then had a horrible ruptured ectopic, and now I get vaginismas when stressed so that doesn’t help matters! But hopefully the light sedation will help that. Gas and air made me vom in labour (sorry, probs tmi!) so not sure if I’d be able to withstand it, though perhaps it was a combination of everything going on that caused that! X
Definitely not wise to have gas and air!! The light sedation am sure will be ok and I’ll keep all crossed for you 🙂

As for me, I have good news and a little sad news too. We have one healthy baby, measuring perfectly and with a lovely strong heartbeat. Sadly our twin started out with us but hasn’t made it, basically a missed miscarriage. With my meds and baby 1, the sac and septae may struggle to disperse as normal so likely it’ll be there at my 12 week scan but after that, with the meds stopping, it’s likely my body will be able to readjust and I’ll just have the one sac and bubba. If I have some bleeding or twinges etc though it can be that so at least I know.

So it’s happy news as our miracle baby is trying to stick it out with us and doing a good job so far ❤️ Measuring bang on date wise and just hope all is ok at 12 weeks 🤞🏻 x

LilacRose

#261 Post by LilacRose » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Aww that is such lovely news Givingitatry ❤️ I’m so happy for you and baba 1, but really sorry to hear their little twin didn’t make it 🤍 I hope you’re ok - I’m sure thinking about miracle baby 1 will lift your spirits. And very reassuring to know the likely source of any twinges or bleeding. I think you should start filling in your book now if you haven’t already!! Xxx
Me 37, DH 38.

Givingitatry

#262 Post by Givingitatry » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:28 pm

LilacRose wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:21 pm
Aww that is such lovely news Givingitatry ❤️ I’m so happy for you and baba 1, but really sorry to hear their little twin didn’t make it 🤍 I hope you’re ok - I’m sure thinking about miracle baby 1 will lift your spirits. And very reassuring to know the likely source of any twinges or bleeding. I think you should start filling in your book now if you haven’t already!! Xxx
Yes I left my book blank until the scan but can start filling it in 🙂 a job for the weekend I think when I’ve had a little rest. Am on the come down from the adrenaline so feel I need a sleep. An emotional rollercoaster and am so glad we have a healthy baby, just wish I didn’t have another sac in there as a reminder that another one tried and didn’t make it. But I can’t moan, our plan was for a happy healthy baby and that’s what we have now and i wouldn’t change that for the world x

LilacRose

#263 Post by LilacRose » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:28 pm
LilacRose wrote:
Yes I left my book blank until the scan but can start filling it in 🙂 a job for the weekend I think when I’ve had a little rest. Am on the come down from the adrenaline so feel I need a sleep. An emotional rollercoaster and am so glad we have a healthy baby, just wish I didn’t have another sac in there as a reminder that another one tried and didn’t make it. But I can’t moan, our plan was for a happy healthy baby and that’s what we have now and i wouldn’t change that for the world x
Ahh, sounds like a great job to look forward to. Yes, after weeks of anxiety and then a rush of adrenaline, you will be exhausted. Hopefully you will sleep more soundly tonight. How amazing to see your EDD too! 🥰 X
Me 37, DH 38.

Givingitatry

#264 Post by Givingitatry » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:37 am

LilacRose wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
LilacRose wrote:
Ahh, sounds like a great job to look forward to. Yes, after weeks of anxiety and then a rush of adrenaline, you will be exhausted. Hopefully you will sleep more soundly tonight. How amazing to see your EDD too! 🥰 X
Hi there, just wondered how it was all going? Thinking of you and hoping you have a transfer planned in for your precious embryo 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 x

LilacRose

#265 Post by LilacRose » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:24 am

Givingitatry wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:37 am
LilacRose wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

Hi there, just wondered how it was all going? Thinking of you and hoping you have a transfer planned in for your precious embryo 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 x
Hi Givingitatry

Thanks for checking in on me! 🥰 transfer scheduled for 10an this morning under nurses sedation. Embryologist’s update yesterday was that the embryo was looking “lovely”, a 1 to 2, so that’s good. Just going to try and be positive now - just because there was only one, doesn’t mean it has any less chance of succeeding hey?! 🍀

How are you doing? Have you started the book yet?! ❤️ Xx
Me 37, DH 38.

Givingitatry

#266 Post by Givingitatry » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:39 am

LilacRose wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:24 am
Givingitatry wrote:
LilacRose wrote:

Hi Givingitatry

Thanks for checking in on me! 🥰 transfer scheduled for 10an this morning under nurses sedation. Embryologist’s update yesterday was that the embryo was looking “lovely”, a 1 to 2, so that’s good. Just going to try and be positive now - just because there was only one, doesn’t mean it has any less chance of succeeding hey?! 🍀

That sounds amazing!! A strong embryo ready and waiting for transfer 🥳 we love the idea of having multiple as back ups but also when this one works it’ll be nice not to have to think about the others left in the wings 😉 definitely time to be positive and get your ET check list ready!
1) warm socks ✅
2) eat pineapple ✅
3) gentle walk to get the blood flowing ✅
4) grab a McDonald’s ✅ (if you believe in that 😂)
5) rest up for the rest of the day and eat something you love ✅

I’m keeping all crossed for you with the sedation but I feel you’ll be ok. Just make sure you say if you feel too conscious so they can up it a little bit. At least recovery will be easier!

I’d doing ok, up from 5am today which is an improvement from the 3:30am starts I’ve had. Been nauseas all morning and feel I will vomit it’s just when! Yes I’ve started the book and did my weeks 6 and 7 entries. I’m officially 8 weeks today so have a little extra space in my book now as the first few are just a page whereas now I get a photo page and about 3 of notes. I’d like my husband to write in it really but let’s see if I can get him to do that!

Sending so many good luck wishes to you and I really hope this is your time 🙏🏻🍀🤞🏻 x

LilacRose

#267 Post by LilacRose » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:57 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:39 am
LilacRose wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

Hi Givingitatry

That sounds amazing!! A strong embryo ready and waiting for transfer 🥳 we love the idea of having multiple as back ups but also when this one works it’ll be nice not to have to think about the others left in the wings 😉 definitely time to be positive and get your ET check list ready!
1) warm socks ✅
2) eat pineapple ✅

I’m keeping all crossed for you with the sedation but I feel you’ll be ok. Just make sure you say if you feel too conscious so they can up it a little bit. At least recovery will be easier!

I’d doing ok, up from 5am today which is an improvement from the 3:30am starts I’ve had. Been nauseas all morning and feel I will vomit it’s just when! Yes I’ve started the book and did my weeks 6 and 7 entries. I’m officially 8 weeks today so have a little extra space in my book now as the first few are just a page whereas now I get a photo page and about 3 of notes. I’d like my husband to write in it really but let’s see if I can get him to do that!

Sending so many good luck wishes to you and I really hope this is your time 🙏🏻🍀🤞🏻 x
What a great little checklist! I have managed 1, 4 and 5 so far, but hub is going to get some pineapple and I have an Amazon delivery arriving with bromelain arriving soon!!

Transfer went fine thanks - worst bit was probably the cannula - my blood pressure was a bit low and it took 4 attempts and was a bloodbath 🙈 didn’t help my nerves, but hey ho, we got there. Embryo had stayed at 1 to 2 grading so that was good! OTD is 18 Oct though, feels like forever away!! Never had a day 3 before - guess I’ll have to be extra patient!

Oh gosh, I always used to wake up early when I was pregnant too. Hopefully you can get a rest in the afternoon instead?! Ahh, glad the book is coming along! Yes, you need to persuade hubby to do his bit too! 😍 x
Me 37, DH 38.

Givingitatry

#268 Post by Givingitatry » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:47 pm

LilacRose wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:57 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
LilacRose wrote:

Hi Givingitatry

1) warm socks ✅
2) eat pineapple ✅

What a great little checklist! I have managed 1, 4 and 5 so far, but hub is going to get some pineapple and I have an Amazon delivery arriving with bromelain arriving soon!!

Transfer went fine thanks - worst bit was probably the cannula - my blood pressure was a bit low and it took 4 attempts and was a bloodbath 🙈 didn’t help my nerves, but hey ho, we got there. Embryo had stayed at 1 to 2 grading so that was good! OTD is 18 Oct though, feels like forever away!! Never had a day 3 before - guess I’ll have to be extra patient!

Oh gosh, I always used to wake up early when I was pregnant too. Hopefully you can get a rest in the afternoon instead?! Ahh, glad the book is coming along! Yes, you need to persuade hubby to do his bit too! 😍 x
You’re all over this ET!! Good on you 👏🏻

So glad the transfer went well but sorry to hear about the cannula 😬 sounds like when I had to go to Birmingham for an intralipid infusion! Took 5 goes - Northampton however does it first time, every time 🙂 I have another on Tuesday in fact, lucky me! That is great the embryo looks really promising and now it’s in the best place. I’ll be hoping is super sticky like treacle 🙏🏻🍀🤞🏻

I wish I could sleep in the afternoon but mostly I just get tired but have work meetings etc so no can do. I’ll get the hang of it I’m sure when things slow down a little.

I’ll definitely try to get hubby on board! x

LilacRose

#269 Post by LilacRose » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:53 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:47 pm
LilacRose wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

1) warm socks ✅
2) eat pineapple ✅

So glad the transfer went well but sorry to hear about the cannula 😬 sounds like when I had to go to Birmingham for an intralipid infusion! Took 5 goes - Northampton however does it first time, every time 🙂 I have another on Tuesday in fact, lucky me! That is great the embryo looks really promising and now it’s in the best place. I’ll be hoping is super sticky like treacle 🙏🏻🍀🤞🏻

I wish I could sleep in the afternoon but mostly I just get tired but have work meetings etc so no can do. I’ll get the hang of it I’m sure when things slow down a little.

I guess I’ve had a bit of practice now 🤣

Blimey, it doesn’t help when you’re already not looking forward to something does it?! Good luck for Tues! How long do you have to keep that up? Did you do lubion this time btw?

Argh, nightmare - you’ll have to try and sneak a post-work nap in - get your hub on dinner duty!! X
Me 37, DH 38.

Givingitatry

#270 Post by Givingitatry » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:01 pm

LilacRose wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:53 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:47 pm
LilacRose wrote:

I guess I’ve had a bit of practice now 🤣

Blimey, it doesn’t help when you’re already not looking forward to something does it?! Good luck for Tues! How long do you have to keep that up? Did you do lubion this time btw?

Argh, nightmare - you’ll have to try and sneak a post-work nap in - get your hub on dinner duty!! X
A cannula veteran 😉 the intralipids i have 2 more of apparently. 8 weeks (well I’ll be 8w5d) and 12 weeks.

Yes I was on lubion last time and this time too. I have 2 injections and 6 utragestan pessaries as my progesterone meds 🙄 I hate it… plus is so expensive!

Luckily hubby does dinner anyway 😂 lucked out there!

I hope you get some great rest tonight - you’re positivity PUPO 🤞🏻🍀🙏🏻 x

CC27

#271 Post by CC27 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:12 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:51 pm
CC27 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I've been off the boards lately as I feel I've been in the same old space and not moving forward!

Ever since the chemical I really don't feel like we've had much luck with anything at all, its really put a downer on everything. Obviously we had our little night away stay ruined by the company going into liquidation and not telling us, then i had my infection so was on antibiotics which then delayed the FET for another month. Last week me and my partner must have had a stomach bug as we both came home from work and couldn't stop throwing up (tmi sorry) then I've been full of cold ever since! Had my 2nd covid jab though, which very luckily, i haven't reacted too, so just dealing with this cold that everyone seems to have.

A few positives though, we got so fed up we decided to book a holiday to Tenerife in Feb, so that's something to look forward too. We also got Ed Sheeran tickets for his tour next year! (If all goes well there's a chance I'll be 8 months pregnant!) And we have our upcoming trip to London at the beginning of October, so that'll be exciting.

Still just a waiting game for AF to arrive now to crack on with the FET, it couldn't come any bloody sooner!!! Currently know 7 people pregnant... its so much harder to deal with than I expected. If this net cycle doesnt go to plan, we've already decided to take a prolonged break and go again next year.

Givingitatry - How are you feeling? Are you excited for your scan Tuesday? I reaaaaaally hope you get too see that teeny tiny heart beat going strong in there!

LilacRose - Good luck for egg collection tomorrow! How's it looking so far? Have you had any more thought on doing a fresh transfer?

xx
Oh my, they say it never rains it pours don’t they. You’ve had a very action-packed few weeks 😕 am glad you got your COVID jab but sorry you’ve had a string of sickness to deal with. Definitely seems like a good idea to have a little time to get fighting fit before going again. I’ll hope the next one is super sticky and you don’t need to think about going again!

The pregnancy announcements are always tough and all you can do is go with the flow as best you can. True friends will understand if you aren’t feeling up to seeing them and I found a telephone call vs a video call or meeting up was easier (COVID helped with the not meeting up bit and means no baby showers!). Be kind to yourself and work out your limit and one day I’m so sure you’ll be sharing your own announcement ❤️

As for me, it’s scan day tomorrow and am rather anxious about it. I’m also knee deep in morning sickness so am hoping this is a good sign and not a blighted ovum. I’m partly excited to know if there is a baby if it’s 1 or 2 babies but the fear of the bubble bursting is quite intense. Just 20 or so hours and I’ll know if this has really been a success and reading online, if there is a heartbeat, the miscarriage rate drops to nearer 1.6%, which feels so reassuring vs the 20% we have been working to since the BFP. I’ll update you when I know and just hope I have good news as desperately don’t want to upset anyone with bad news. Wish us luck! x
Hey Givingitatry, not sure if you’re around tonight, but I need some advise!! I’m due to start meds on day one of my period, I’ve sort of started tonight, really late on in the evening, and I’m sorry for TMI but it’s sort of reddy/brown, do you think I should start my meds tonight? Or wait? It’s too late to call the emergency nurse line, plus I don’t think it classes as an emergency! I don’t want to ruin this FET!!

I’m also In the process of catching up on everyone’s news, so I will do a proper reply ASAP! Xx

Givingitatry

#272 Post by Givingitatry » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:38 pm

CC27 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:12 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
CC27 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

xx
Oh my, they say it never rains it pours don’t they. You’ve had a very action-packed few weeks 😕 am glad you got your COVID jab but sorry you’ve had a string of sickness to deal with. Definitely seems like a good idea to have a little time to get fighting fit before going again. I’ll hope the next one is super sticky and you don’t need to think about going again!

The pregnancy announcements are always tough and all you can do is go with the flow as best you can. True friends will understand if you aren’t feeling up to seeing them and I found a telephone call vs a video call or meeting up was easier (COVID helped with the not meeting up bit and means no baby showers!). Be kind to yourself and work out your limit and one day I’m so sure you’ll be sharing your own announcement ❤️

As for me, it’s scan day tomorrow and am rather anxious about it. I’m also knee deep in morning sickness so am hoping this is a good sign and not a blighted ovum. I’m partly excited to know if there is a baby if it’s 1 or 2 babies but the fear of the bubble bursting is quite intense. Just 20 or so hours and I’ll know if this has really been a success and reading online, if there is a heartbeat, the miscarriage rate drops to nearer 1.6%, which feels so reassuring vs the 20% we have been working to since the BFP. I’ll update you when I know and just hope I have good news as desperately don’t want to upset anyone with bad news. Wish us luck! x
Hey Givingitatry, not sure if you’re around tonight, but I need some advise!! I’m due to start meds on day one of my period, I’ve sort of started tonight, really late on in the evening, and I’m sorry for TMI but it’s sort of reddy/brown, do you think I should start my meds tonight? Or wait? It’s too late to call the emergency nurse line, plus I don’t think it classes as an emergency! I don’t want to ruin this FET!!

I’m also In the process of catching up on everyone’s news, so I will do a proper reply ASAP! Xx
Hi lovely, I was told to use the first proper day. I have a spotting day usually ie wouldn’t fill a pad at all and just like it’s starting vs in full flow so I would miss that day and start the next one when it’s a flow vs spotting. I doubt it would make a difference either way but I was told first proper period day 🙂

Hope that helps? Plus yay to your period arriving and starting meds!! x

Pigletina

#273 Post by Pigletina » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:44 pm

CC27 wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:
CC27 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

xx

Hi, I was just mooching on the boards as can’t sleep, and just wanted to agree with givingitatry, the nurses at Chester say that they take full flow bleeding before 12pm as Day 1. So as you have started definitely after 12pm and probably isn’t quite full flow yet, tomorrow will certainly be Day 1 for you. Glad that your FET cycle is finally getting going. Waiting is horrible isn’t it! X
35 yo, TTC 2 yrs for #2. Low AMH (3.0)
IVF1 Dec 2020: 10 eggs, 5 embryos. BFN.
FET2: BFN.
FET3: BFN. Last 2 PGT-A tested, abnormal.
IVF2 Apr 2021: 14 eggs, zero fertilised.
ICSI3 Aug 2021: 3 eggs, 2 embryos.
FET4 Oct 2021: Double transfer, OTD 25/10

CC27

#274 Post by CC27 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:37 am

Givingitatry wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:38 pm
CC27 wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

Hi lovely, I was told to use the first proper day. I have a spotting day usually ie wouldn’t fill a pad at all and just like it’s starting vs in full flow so I would miss that day and start the next one when it’s a flow vs spotting. I doubt it would make a difference either way but I was told first proper period day 🙂

Hope that helps? Plus yay to your period arriving and starting meds!! x
Thank you so much for your reply 🥰 I took your advise and I’m starting meds this morning! I can’t believe my period arrived bang on my normal cycle times and I can start again. I’m absolutely terrified!

I’ve finally caught up on everyone’s news and I’m truly so so happy for you that you’ve got your amazing baby growing so well! I am sorry about the 2nd though 🤍.

How is pregnancy treating you? When’s your 12 week scan? Have you started filling in your book you bought?!

I can’t believe you’ve finally got your little miracle 🤍🥰 xx

CC27

#275 Post by CC27 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:39 am

Pigletina wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:44 pm
CC27 wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

Hi, I was just mooching on the boards as can’t sleep, and just wanted to agree with givingitatry, the nurses at Chester say that they take full flow bleeding before 12pm as Day 1. So as you have started definitely after 12pm and probably isn’t quite full flow yet, tomorrow will certainly be Day 1 for you. Glad that your FET cycle is finally getting going. Waiting is horrible isn’t it! X
Hey Pigletina,

Thank you for your reply 🧡 I’ve done as you and Givingitatry have said, so I’ll take my first tablet this morning!! I’m absolutely terrified. I’ve never done a FET so it’s all abit unknown at the moment.

What stage are you at currently? (Sorry I’m very out the loop at the moment!) x