Success over 40s

For our over 40's crew!

Moderator: Administrator

Apricat

Re: Success over 40s

#201 Post by Apricat » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:38 am

Appointment update: after a bit of badgering we’ve got a counselling session booked in for next Monday :) Egg bank fee paid :)
Hope everyone else is keeping well

Mcdowellray1

#202 Post by Mcdowellray1 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi everyone,
Well i had a shocker fell pregnant naturally!! But because of previous emergency eptopic treatment removal of fallopian tube I had to be monitored immediately. So blood test after blood test showed them an increase in HCG but not as they would like so scanned but nothing just a gestation sac. More bloods and another scan a 8 days later no further developmemt. My world came crashing down... They then wanted to investigate the remaining tube so keep in the hospital and on.the emergency list. So good news nothing in tube or ovary but had my pregnancy removed and now in recovery. Just another kick in the teeth on this already painful journey xxx Thanks for listening

Baby2

#203 Post by Baby2 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:38 am

Mcdowellray
What a journey you’ve had. That must of been a real shock with a natural pregnancy but your body got that far without meds.
Hope you get the chance of recovery and healing that you need. Really is another kick in the teeth, wish it could be so different but like you say good nothing in ovary or tubes.
Take care of yourself
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN
•ICSI Success BFP 👶🏼 Our true blessing!

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN
•IUIs x3 BFNS / Biochemicals + MC
•ICSI Long Protocol- Sept 2020 at Care - BFN + None to freeze
•ICSI May21 - MMC

Baby2

#204 Post by Baby2 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:44 am

On babycentre I saw this board and this thread has given me so much hope - https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post ... 2180157130

Btw I can’t recall if I said but on my scan I ended up getting confirmed as having a missed miscarriage so will wait to naturally miscarry from home. Rescan on Wednesday to confirm the pregnancy has ended (talk about rubbing salt on the wound) but it’s to check things are ok and no risks.

I’m obviously down but also randomly feeling optimistic for the future as this will get me through it all, my way of healing x

How is everyone doing?
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN
•ICSI May21 - MMC

Apricat

#205 Post by Apricat » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:27 pm

Great post - thank you for sharing.

We are doing well just waiting for the egg bank access so can’t really do much apart from enjoy the sunshine and get through till the end of term :)
Hoping access will be end of August ish.
Will update when we hear more.

Baby2

#206 Post by Baby2 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:10 am

Apricat wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:27 pm
Great post - thank you for sharing.

We are doing well just waiting for the egg bank access so can’t really do much apart from enjoy the sunshine and get through till the end of term :)
Hoping access will be end of August ish.
Will update when we hear more.
Ahh Apricat
Have a wonderful summer, keep yourself feeling calm and relaxed and then time to embark on the fertility fun all things scans and needles.
I’ve got my review mid August then turn 40 next month too! Read loads of posts with success on Babycenter and other forums so I’m really not worried about age as much as I used to be as there is still hope. Soak up that sunshine and await updates ☀️ Xx
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN
•ICSI May21 - MMC