What worked for you?

For our over 40's crew!

Moderator: Administrator

Post Reply
Message
Author
hopeful.ly
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:41 am

What worked for you?

#1 Post by hopeful.ly » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:20 am

Hi All,
My last DE FET resulted in yet another BFN :( We have our final 2 DE frosties on ice and our review appointment this week. These 2 frosties really are our final chances and it feels like we've already tried everything suggested or that we are aware of, so I'm hoping that there may be something which has been successful or helped you which I can try..

I'm 44, with stage 4 endometriosis and need strong sedation or gen anaesthetic for transfer due to a cone biopsy. I feel like the problem is to do with implantation or my body sustaining emby if it does implant. Here are some of the adjustments to protocol and other things we've tried so far:-
ERA test
Max dose Progesterone and oestrogen
Antibiotics pre ET
Blood thinning injections
Acupuncture
Zita West supplements and diet
Meditation and Conscious Conception Workshop
Rest - last 2WW I was on a relaxing Scottish holiday, the previous cycle I took 2 weeks sick leave.

Please let me know if you have any more suggestions or ideas to help us finally be successful.
TIA
Endometriosis
Ist : cancelled b4 EC low AMH
2nd: 4 eggs. 4 embryos. 1 ET BFN
3rd : 3 emb. 1 ET 1 BFN
ALICE ERA EMMA
4th: 1 FET BFN
5th: 6 DE 0 ET :(
6th 11DE 1ET 3🧊
7th DE FET :(
8th DE FET :(

Givingitatry
Posts: 1972
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: What worked for you?

#2 Post by Givingitatry » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:05 pm

hopeful.ly wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:20 am
Hi All,
My last DE FET resulted in yet another BFN :( We have our final 2 DE frosties on ice and our review appointment this week. These 2 frosties really are our final chances and it feels like we've already tried everything suggested or that we are aware of, so I'm hoping that there may be something which has been successful or helped you which I can try..

I'm 44, with stage 4 endometriosis and need strong sedation or gen anaesthetic for transfer due to a cone biopsy. I feel like the problem is to do with implantation or my body sustaining emby if it does implant. Here are some of the adjustments to protocol and other things we've tried so far:-
ERA test
Max dose Progesterone and oestrogen
Antibiotics pre ET
Blood thinning injections
Acupuncture
Zita West supplements and diet
Meditation and Conscious Conception Workshop
Rest - last 2WW I was on a relaxing Scottish holiday, the previous cycle I took 2 weeks sick leave.

Please let me know if you have any more suggestions or ideas to help us finally be successful.
TIA
Sorry to hear you’ve had such a difficult journey so far. An additional thing to explore is an immune cycle. I believe that’s what changed things for us and am now 16 weeks pregnant after implantation failures. The tests are called Chicago tests and l1 and 2 cost around 2.5-3k so not cheap but if you’re looking for other options that’s one to ask about in your review. Essentially you take steroids and have an intralipids infusion every 4 weeks. I also had blood thinners but can’t remember if the reason was immune or another issue with thrombosis.

Wishing you lots of good luck with your next cycle. Hang in there x
Oct 20 ICSI fresh (long): 2xday 5s - BFN
Feb 21 L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK, T cells
Apr 21 Immune FET (long) 2xday 5s - BFP chemical
Aug 21 Immune FET (short) 2xday 5s - BFP ❤️ 👶🏻👶🏻 but early loss of one. 👶🏻 🎀 EDD 11/5/22. Safe arrival 4/5/22 ❤️

hopeful.ly
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:41 am

Re: What worked for you?

#3 Post by hopeful.ly » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:05 pm
hopeful.ly wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:20 am
Hi All,
My last DE FET resulted in yet another BFN :( We have our final 2 DE frosties on ice and our review appointment this week. These 2 frosties really are our final chances and it feels like we've already tried everything suggested or that we are aware of, so I'm hoping that there may be something which has been successful or helped you which I can try..

I'm 44, with stage 4 endometriosis and need strong sedation or gen anaesthetic for transfer due to a cone biopsy. I feel like the problem is to do with implantation or my body sustaining emby if it does implant. Here are some of the adjustments to protocol and other things we've tried so far:-
ERA test
Max dose Progesterone and oestrogen
Antibiotics pre ET
Blood thinning injections
Acupuncture
Zita West supplements and diet
Meditation and Conscious Conception Workshop
Rest - last 2WW I was on a relaxing Scottish holiday, the previous cycle I took 2 weeks sick leave.

Please let me know if you have any more suggestions or ideas to help us finally be successful.
TIA
Sorry to hear you’ve had such a difficult journey so far. An additional thing to explore is an immune cycle. I believe that’s what changed things for us and am now 16 weeks pregnant after implantation failures. The tests are called Chicago tests and l1 and 2 cost around 2.5-3k so not cheap but if you’re looking for other options that’s one to ask about in your review. Essentially you take steroids and have an intralipids infusion every 4 weeks. I also had blood thinners but can’t remember if the reason was immune or another issue with thrombosis.

Wishing you lots of good luck with your next cycle. Hang in there x


Thanks givingitatry,

Congratulations, I'm pleased that you are finally pregnant and passed the nail biting few weeks. Well done you!

Thanks for the immune cycle suggestion, it sounds like it's not easy but would be worth it for us too. Are you with care or a different clinic?

Many thanks,
hopeful.ly x
Endometriosis
Ist : cancelled b4 EC low AMH
2nd: 4 eggs. 4 embryos. 1 ET BFN
3rd : 3 emb. 1 ET 1 BFN
ALICE ERA EMMA
4th: 1 FET BFN
5th: 6 DE 0 ET :(
6th 11DE 1ET 3🧊
7th DE FET :(
8th DE FET :(

Givingitatry
Posts: 1972
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: What worked for you?

#4 Post by Givingitatry » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:59 am

hopeful.ly wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:05 pm
hopeful.ly wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:20 am
Hi All,
My last DE FET resulted in yet another BFN :( We have our final 2 DE frosties on ice and our review appointment this week. These 2 frosties really are our final chances and it feels like we've already tried everything suggested or that we are aware of, so I'm hoping that there may be something which has been successful or helped you which I can try..

I'm 44, with stage 4 endometriosis and need strong sedation or gen anaesthetic for transfer due to a cone biopsy. I feel like the problem is to do with implantation or my body sustaining emby if it does implant. Here are some of the adjustments to protocol and other things we've tried so far:-
ERA test
Max dose Progesterone and oestrogen
Antibiotics pre ET
Blood thinning injections
Acupuncture
Zita West supplements and diet
Meditation and Conscious Conception Workshop
Rest - last 2WW I was on a relaxing Scottish holiday, the previous cycle I took 2 weeks sick leave.

Please let me know if you have any more suggestions or ideas to help us finally be successful.
TIA
Sorry to hear you’ve had such a difficult journey so far. An additional thing to explore is an immune cycle. I believe that’s what changed things for us and am now 16 weeks pregnant after implantation failures. The tests are called Chicago tests and l1 and 2 cost around 2.5-3k so not cheap but if you’re looking for other options that’s one to ask about in your review. Essentially you take steroids and have an intralipids infusion every 4 weeks. I also had blood thinners but can’t remember if the reason was immune or another issue with thrombosis.

Wishing you lots of good luck with your next cycle. Hang in there x


Thanks givingitatry,

Congratulations, I'm pleased that you are finally pregnant and passed the nail biting few weeks. Well done you!

Thanks for the immune cycle suggestion, it sounds like it's not easy but would be worth it for us too. Are you with care or a different clinic?

Many thanks,
hopeful.ly x
Thank you, I think from when you start ivf you’ll forever be anxious about something (!) but it does get easier over time I think. At least I remember very difficult times of feeling like I was going mad but feel more measured more.

The immune cycle seems to be perfectly ok for some and tougher for others. I found it tough but I was on meds 5x per day with utrogestan pessaries, lubion, inhixa, prednisolone, oestrogen. You stay on the meds for 12 weeks on a FET but it worked for us and I don’t believe it ever would have done otherwise. First time was a chemical but proved implantation could finally happen and second time here we are.

Yes I was with Care throughout our ivf journey (private vs nhs) x
Last edited by Givingitatry on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 20 ICSI fresh (long): 2xday 5s - BFN
Feb 21 L1/2 tests: abnormal clotting, NK, T cells
Apr 21 Immune FET (long) 2xday 5s - BFP chemical
Aug 21 Immune FET (short) 2xday 5s - BFP ❤️ 👶🏻👶🏻 but early loss of one. 👶🏻 🎀 EDD 11/5/22. Safe arrival 4/5/22 ❤️

hopeful.ly
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:41 am

Re: What worked for you?

#5 Post by hopeful.ly » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:38 pm

Givingitatry,

Thanks so much. I will be asking about an immune cycle on our review. I'm so pleased it's what finally worked for you, sorry you had the upset of a chemical, but amazing that you've got such happy news now.

Thanks,
Hopful.ly x
Endometriosis
Ist : cancelled b4 EC low AMH
2nd: 4 eggs. 4 embryos. 1 ET BFN
3rd : 3 emb. 1 ET 1 BFN
ALICE ERA EMMA
4th: 1 FET BFN
5th: 6 DE 0 ET :(
6th 11DE 1ET 3🧊
7th DE FET :(
8th DE FET :(

Post Reply