clinic review after missed miscarrige

A place to feel free to talk of loss and sadness......

Moderator: Administrator

sep2289

clinic review after missed miscarrige

#1 Post by sep2289 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Hello,

After our first cycle of shared motherhood IVF, we got a BFP! we were over the moon but the excitement soon ended with my first bleed experienced at 5weeks 4days pregnant. We were seen for an emergency scan at our IVF clinic which to our relief and amazement saw our babies heartbeat, the Dr also saw a subchronioc heamatoma which may have explained the initial bleed - I was prescribed additional lubion injections to try limit my uterus contractions to prevent any further bleeds.

Following 2 further follow up scans, we found out I heartbreakingly had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks - we made the decision to have a D&C procedure on 23rd December. The following few days I had excruciating pain to a point where I didn't know where to put myself, I later passed more blood clots and tissue and the physical pain had somewhat eased.

Now just over 4 weeks later I have finally tested negative on a pregnancy test - although strangely now experiencing the metallic taste in my mouth I had when I was roughly 6 weeks pregnant - has anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, the reason for my post (as well as finding therapy in writing this down and being able to find comfort in relating to kind strangers journeys also) is that we have a consultation review next week with our CARE clinic. I just wondered if anyone else has had one of these and what the review may entail? I would like to ask so many questions, but do not know where to start, what would people ask if you could ask your Dr regarding the why's, when's, what's and if's?

Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wishing you all love, be gentle with yourself