Is anyone trying for a second baby?

For those trying for baby number 2+

Moderator: Administrator

BeckyBee83

Re: Is anyone trying for a second baby?

#26 Post by BeckyBee83 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi Pigletina

I’m sorry to hear that - I hadn’t realised that FETs were done with your own cycle! There’s so much to know!
10 is a great number of follicles, I hope I’ve that many when we start. You’re right it only takes one! I read of someone (on mumsnet) who had v similar AFC and AMH to me- only got two eggs but one embryo and had a baby first try! So I know it can happen but its feels like so much is out of your hands doesn’t it? I’m speaking to the nurse on Tuesday next week about starting the process so I think she’ll then tell me when I can start stimming. Stims are coming this week so all feels quite real now. I’ll let you know how I get on chatting to the doctor about banking etc on Friday, I’m hoping she says it may be a good idea if this first round isn’t a success.
Keep in touch! X

BeckyBee83

#27 Post by BeckyBee83 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:24 pm

Hi Pigletina

I’ll be cycling in about 3 weeks! Am a bit nervous, and don’t feel massively confident about it, but it’ll be good to give it a go. Having counselling so have been chatting to them about it and she suggested writing down a plan for if it does work, and one for if it doesn’t. I’ve been spiralling a bit worrying and it isn’t helping anyone! How’s it going for you?
X

Pigletina

#28 Post by Pigletina » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:42 am

Hi Beckybee! That is really exciting that you will be starting in 3 weeks. How many days will you be stimming? Are you feeling excited? I definitely found the wait before stimming the longest ever, but once I started injections everything went quite quickly because you are actually doing something to get you closer to getting embryos.

I think its such a good idea having counselling - this process has already messed with my emotions so much more than I ever thought it would. I thought that knowing the probabilities of success etc. would make me more rational when the cycle failed but I completely lost it. Making a mental plan for every eventuality I think must really help.

Did you manage to chat to the doctor about embryo banking? I guess it makes sense to see how this cycle goes before making any plans. You might end up with a ton of embryos, you never know :) I think we will try to do another fresh cycle if this frozen one doesn't work. The frozen cycles can either be done medicated where they control your cycle, or naturally if you have regular periods and ovulate normally. But the natural one seems a lot more stressful because its all left to chance!

I'm just waiting to ovulate now and then the transfer will be booked 6 days after LH surge, so looking likely to be 3rd Feb :shock:

let me know how you get on :)
35 years old, TTC 1.5 years for #2. Low AMH (3.0)
Fresh cycle December 2020: 10 eggs, 4 x frozen, BFN
Natural FET February 2021: BFN
Fresh cycle April 2021 with PGT-A: 14 eggs, total fertilisation failure (unexplained). FET: BFN.

Grace&love

#29 Post by Grace&love » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Hello all,

Hope all is well, for those who are still going with IVF, I have some stuff left over unused if anyone wants it as we can't afford to go again so its the end of the road.
You'll need to collect from Bolton, Greater Manchester area.

Best wishes to all ❤
Age 40
Endometriosis
1st cycle IVF 5 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 d5 blastocyst BFN
2nd cycle IVF 2 eggs, 2 fertilised, 2 transferred. BFN
3rd cycle IVF 6 eggs, 6 fertilised, 2 transferred, 3 not quite made freezing. BFN

BeckyBee83

#30 Post by BeckyBee83 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Hi Pigletina,

How are you getting on?
Did you do the frozen transfer?
I am starting stims tonight 😬 How many follies did you have at baseline do you know? My count was quite low but still some there so I’ve a bit of hope.
Am starting to stress that I’ve not been healthy enough- I’ve been having lots of fruit and veg, no caffeine or alcohol but have had the odd biscuit - do you think it’ll make a difference? Trying not to worry too much but I know I’ll feel so disappointed in myself if it doesn’t work.

X

Pigletina

#31 Post by Pigletina » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi Beckybee,

That's exciting that you are starting stims tonight! You are on your way now towards making some lovely embryos!

Yes I had my transfer on Friday. Have felt absolutely normal so far (apart from my progesterone injections really hurting all day!), a bit tired and grumpy but I always feel tired and grumpy anyway :lol: . I'm not particularly hopeful about it but I guess miracles do happen sometimes.

I had 10 follicles on my baseline scan (although that wasn't at the start of the IVF cycle, it was when they booked me in the month before) - 5 on each side. The next month they collected 10 eggs, so it hadn't varied at all from the month before. However, the consultant did say for my AMH that was more than they expected, and they would have been happy with fewer. I think as long as you have a few, there is certainly hope, and we never know how many are genetically viable, so a lady with 10 collected might only have 2 viable out of that, and a lady with only 3 collected might have them all genetically viable so I don't think the number of eggs collected necessarily means much. Its great that there were some there and the clinic are happy to proceed with stims :)

Urgh, I am trying to eat healthy too, but the more stressed I get the more I want to eat cake and drink coffee :( it sounds like you are doing way better than most people with your diet. I am sure a biscuit every now and then won't affect it at all. I'm good for a few days and then break and have a massive pudding. I got an ice cream maker for Christmas so we have a freezer full of temptation right now!
Fresh cycle April 2021 with PGT-A: 14 eggs, total fertilisation failure (unexplained). FET: BFN.

BeckyBee83

#32 Post by BeckyBee83 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi Pigletina
OMG you had your transfer that’s wonderful! I’ll keep everything crossed for the next 10 days 🤞
Wow 10 is amazing! I had 5 follicles counted in November and 4 today, so I think my ovaries are definitely thinking about retiring- so frustrating as 37 seems too young for that!!
I think we may still consider doing another cycle but I’m not sure I’ve got the reserve to do embryo banking, sadly.
I know what you mean about desserts- omg I am craving a pint of cider and a massive apple crumble with ice cream. After this I am going to treat myself!
I really hope everything works out well, I’ll be thinking of you x

Pigletina

#33 Post by Pigletina » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:35 pm

I hope the stims go well. And I think you should certainly treat yourself to an apple crumble soon (although perhaps not the cider :lol: ) I am sure you will still be able to embryo bank if that is what you want to do after this cycle. What I gathered from my chat with the consultant about it is that ovarian reserve doesn’t just “drop off a cliff” (his words), it is quite a slow decline, and it also varies a bit month to month (in both directions!). So this month you might have 4, next you might have 6...and there can also be big changes just from changing the protocol, drug dosage etc. And low reserve doesn’t mean low quality, so they might all fertilise and make lovely embryos to freeze :)

Pigletina

#34 Post by Pigletina » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:00 am

Hi @BeckyBee83 how are you doing with your cycle? I really hope it’s going well x

BeckyBee83

#35 Post by BeckyBee83 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:42 am

Hi Pigletina

Thank you for checking in! I’m in the two week wait atm, I got 4 eggs, 2 fertilised both to blast, and both good grades. One transferred and one in freezer. I feel so lucky to get to this stage but everything feels so touch and go at this point. I don’t feel pregnant at all! Am on lubion and the pessaries and just keeping things crossed that we’re lucky but we will see. How are things going with you?

X

Pigletina

#36 Post by Pigletina » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:38 pm

Ah congrats on being in the 2WW, and getting one for the freezer too, that’s great! :) It takes a little bit of pressure off, knowing this isn’t your only chance. How did you find egg collection?

I was on cyclogest and lubion too, found the lubion injections really painful though! I hope the wait goes quick for you. Will you test early or hold out?

We haven’t done too well, another negative from last FET. Going for another fresh cycle around the middle of April to try to bank some embryos and we will consider getting them tested (but the cost is horrendous!). I’m terrified they will find that none are genetically viable but would really like to know either way. I just hate the waiting :cry:

Lots of luck with everything, fingers crossed for you x

BeckyBee83

#37 Post by BeckyBee83 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:19 am

Hi Pigletina,

I’m really sorry to hear that- have you had a chat with the doctor since? How are you holding up?
We were considering PGS testing for this round but yes so expensive! I worried as well that they’d all be discarded if none were normal, altho we’ve had miscarriages and it would be a gd way of potentially avoiding another...
I’m not going to test early but waiting 8 days seems like torture - I haven’t had any discomfort or spotting and just not feeling too positive. I’ve also found the lubion injections really painful. Egg collection was more painful that I thought it would be but as there were only a few eggs it went by really fast.

Although being on the short protocol the cycle has been quite quick, really there’s so much waiting that it feels like I’ve been doing it for ages!

Let me know how you get on x

LilacRose

#38 Post by LilacRose » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:23 am

Hi everyone! I thought I’d jump back on this thread and say hello again! Our fresh transfer failed in Oct, due to start a downreg cycle for a FET next month after having PGT testing resulting in one normal embryo. I’m just waiting for my second dose of covid vaccine before we go ahead. Bit frustrating as we’re good to go other than that, but probs sensible in the long run!
2013: 👶💓 forceps and postpartum infection causing tube damage.
2016: ruptured ectopic 👼
Oct 2020: Cycle 1 IVF. 1 fresh transfer, 3 frosties. BFN.
Feb 2021: PG testing of frosties. 1 euploid.
June 2021: FET of euploid. OTD: 14/6🤞

Baby2

#39 Post by Baby2 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:33 am

Hi 👋
Sorry for the late return back, I took a few months off all of this and plan to try the second Multicycle from this month if I can.

Hope you’re keeping as well as can be. Wishing all the best on your cycles 🍀
Started journey 2011:
•ICSI BFN
•ICSI Success BFP 👶🏼 Our true blessing!

Trying for Baby 2:
•ICSI BFN
•FET BFN
•IUIs x3 BFNS / Biochemicals
•ICSI Long Protocol- Sept 2020 at Care - BFN + None to freeze
•ICSI May21 - BFP 🙏 Still a nervous wreck