Autumn/Winter 2022

Discussion Forum for those with assisted reproduction pregnancies.

Moderator: Administrator

Apricat

Re: Autumn/Winter 2022

#26 Post by Apricat » Wed May 11, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi ladies

Can finally take a deep breath and relax. Just had our 12 week scan, bean measures exactly 12w +6days which is amazing, on track for the 17/11/22 due date, bean waved, posed and wiggled absolutely perfect neural measurements are also very low so minimal risk of any syndromes, just waiting for blood results.

Next scan booked for 19w + 1 day :)

How’s everyone else?

amyprice88

#27 Post by amyprice88 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:17 pm

Apricat that's fantastic news, I'm so pleased to hear that your scan went well.
YTIREV that's great that you've got your 12 week scan booked in, I had my first midwife appointment today so now waiting for a scan appointment. It all feels like it's taking a long time xx

Apricat

#28 Post by Apricat » Wed May 11, 2022 8:29 pm

It’s all a waiting game Amy, the past few weeks have lasted forever but you’ll get to the scan eventually. 6 weeks and 2 days until our next scan - looking forward to it already x

Looking forward to hearing all about your next appointments and scans :)

amyprice88

#29 Post by amyprice88 » Sun May 15, 2022 5:01 pm

I had a midwife appointment today and have been told that I'll be consultant led due to it being an IVF pregnancy, has anyone else been told this? I've also been told by the consultant to continue with the cyclogest until 24 weeks (I had been told by care to stop at 10 weeks), does anyone know why this might be?x

Apricat

#30 Post by Apricat » Sun May 15, 2022 8:08 pm

Hi Amy,

I asked if I would be consultant led and was told it would depend on risk, ivf is on the list as being part risk so it might depend on other factors as well or what your health authority has as their protocol. I’m presuming I will end up as consultant led as I’m also over 40 but it’s not been confirmed yet. I am however having extra scans later on because of ivf which I see as an added bonus :)

Never heard of consultants continuing meds so not sure about that - does your hospital have a fertility clinic as part of the hospital? I know ours does so I would probably trust what they say, I’m sure it can’t harm anything as it is just a bit of extra progesterone. I guess you could ring care for a second opinion?

amyprice88

#31 Post by amyprice88 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:42 pm

Hi Apricat, I'm trying to think along the same lines that any extra scans and a chance to see baby are good things. It feels like a very long time to be on them, I might see if I can speak to the consultant and find out more information. How are you feeling?

Apricat

#32 Post by Apricat » Tue May 17, 2022 7:11 pm

I’m feeling really well they are right about the second trimester being the best :)

amyprice88

#33 Post by amyprice88 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:13 pm

Apricat that's great that you're feeling so good, my symptoms are beginning to ease and I'm starting to feel more human x

jorand

#34 Post by jorand » Thu May 19, 2022 4:47 pm

Hi everyone

I hope that you don’t mind me jumping in on this post. I have been watching your stories in the background but have only just had my account approved to post (come on admin!).

We are currently 14w pregnant! My husband and I (gay male couple) are using a surrogate to have a baby using donor eggs. We started with 2 good blastocysts but sadly our first transfer in November ‘21 ended with a BFN. We transferred our final frostie on 1/3/22 and 10 days later were thrilled (but terrified!) to get a BFP. Our viability scan with Care at 8 weeks exactly went well and baby was measuring perfectly at 8 weeks. They gave us a due date of 17/11/22. At our NHS dating scan baby measured one day ahead so on NHS paperwork due date is 16/11/22. So when people ask we are unsure what is our official due date!? We received results of NFT/bloods etc and all is well. We have our NHS 20 week scan booked for the end of June but are going to have a private gender scan in a couple of weeks. We have finally been able to tell friends and family. Watching their reactions has been priceless. Most had no idea we were even on this journey! My husband and our surrogate our both cool as cucumbers. I am a nervous wreck! Researching absolutely everything, looking into things and finding it difficult to sleep. It is becoming more real after our NHS scan and I am trying to force myself to enjoy it and try not to worry.

I am looking forward to hearing from you all and hopefully support each other along the way! 😁

Apricat

#35 Post by Apricat » Thu May 19, 2022 6:31 pm

Hi Jorand and welcome

We had our transfers on the same day and I also have a due date of the 17/11/22 the dating scan said exactly the same but they also said with IVF they always go with the clinics dates as they are more accurate, but with only one day in it there’s not much difference anyway :)

We have also just told everyone- so very shocked faces like you know one else knew we were on this journey it was lovely holding onto a secret for a while but much nicer now I can talk freely about it.

We did hold off until all my results came back for downs etc. I’m a more mature mum but thankfully we are a low risk ;)

Renovations start to day on changing our 3 bed home to a 4 bed home - we are doing it ourselves (well OH is I’m just supervising 🤣) so it’s going to be a slow and steady process.

Next scan is booked for 19w+1 we have decided we don’t want to know the gender and I’ve just had appointments through for 3 more scans towards the end of my pregnancy so lots more sightings of our little bean on the horizon

jorand

#36 Post by jorand » Fri May 20, 2022 11:34 am

Apricat, how great you have been able to share your news too! What have been your favourite reactions?

We are sticking with due date from Care too - 17/11/22. How crazy that you have same due date and we seem to be hitting all the milestones at the same time. We have community midwife appointment on Monday and 20 weeks scan is booked for exactly 20 week mark.

At our NHS dating scan it took a while for the midwives we met with afterwards to really understand our situation. It was difficult for them to complete the paperwork using the info from Care we had on the egg donor. When our results came through the info isn’t correct but it advises to take the letter to next community midwife appointment, which is Monday luckily, so hopefully we can go through it then.

We were also advised that we’d have 3 growth scans toward the end of the pregnancy which we were quite pleased about!

With this being a surrogacy pregnancy we are still looking into all of the facts about how parental leave etc will work. Luckily, I’m with a union who I have spoken to and they have given me some good advice on how to go forward with things. There are so many things pop into my head now that we have to consider, I’ve started making a list on my phone!

Apricat

#37 Post by Apricat » Fri May 20, 2022 9:37 pm

It’s all quite complicated isn’t it with what leave you can have and how it all works.
We had to ring care last week to find the age of our egg donor so they could complete the Down’s syndrome tests - was really pleased once we all had all the info and got the tests back.

We also have the 3 scans near the end which is really exciting- next scan for us will be 5 weeks today.

All reactions have been great - so lovely when people are just so genuinely pleased for you.

Have you bought anything yet? Or thought about names?

amyprice88

#38 Post by amyprice88 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:09 pm

Welcome Jorand and congratulations!!
It must be super exciting to start sharing the news with everyone, I hope your next appointments and scans go well.

jorand

#39 Post by jorand » Tue May 31, 2022 6:01 pm

Hi everyone

Hope you are all keeping well. We have been away for a week and apart from weather being miserable had a great time. Lots of R&R!

Apricat - How are you feeling? Our surrogate is convinced she can feel baby moving now. Our midwife appointment went well and our next planned appointment is not until the end of July. We have a private scan booked at the end of this week and NHS scan booked for the end of June. We haven’t dared buy anything or discuss names! All being well at the end of this week when we find out the gender we can get our heads down and decide on a name. Have you guys started thinking of names or buying?

Amy - Thank you! It has been so lovely and we are starting to get our heads round the idea. How is your journey going?

Apricat

#40 Post by Apricat » Tue May 31, 2022 6:25 pm

Hi

I’m starting to feel a few movements in an evening- because this isn’t my first pregnancy they say you can feel movement earlier than with first pregnancies. It’s like a little fluttering but I have to be lying really still and focus on bean to recognise it.

We have a shortlist of boys and girls names but nothing definite yet that can wait until the birth day,

We went to a baby fair at the weekend to look at stuff and ask lots of questions. We’ve not bought anything yet but after trying out lots of prams we have decided on the on we’d like (Cosatto Wow 2) just need to choose which colour 😁 our decision in the end came down to the pushchair seat that felt the comfiest and the one handed release to take the carry cot off the wheels🤣

Also chosen a breast pump, sling and nappies (washable ones). The buying will begin once we have finished building the new nursery - so far it has a radiator and a door, the internal walls are going up at the weekend.

Next midwife appointment is on Tuesday hoping to get to hear a heartbeat just so I know that beans still doing ok 🙂

amyprice88

#41 Post by amyprice88 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:40 pm

Unfortunately it's not good news for me, I started bleeding heavily on Monday night and after an emergency scan we found that baby had stopped growing at 8weeks5days.

jorand

#42 Post by jorand » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:58 pm

amyprice88 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:40 pm
Unfortunately it's not good news for me, I started bleeding heavily on Monday night and after an emergency scan we found that baby had stopped growing at 8weeks5days.
Amy - I am so sorry to hear this. You must be devastated. There really are no words. Be kind to yourself. Will you get any support from Care going forward?

jorand

#43 Post by jorand » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:08 pm

Apricat wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:25 pm
Hi

I’m starting to feel a few movements in an evening- because this isn’t my first pregnancy they say you can feel movement earlier than with first pregnancies. It’s like a little fluttering but I have to be lying really still and focus on bean to recognise it.

We have a shortlist of boys and girls names but nothing definite yet that can wait until the birth day,

We went to a baby fair at the weekend to look at stuff and ask lots of questions. We’ve not bought anything yet but after trying out lots of prams we have decided on the on we’d like (Cosatto Wow 2) just need to choose which colour 😁 our decision in the end came down to the pushchair seat that felt the comfiest and the one handed release to take the carry cot off the wheels🤣

Also chosen a breast pump, sling and nappies (washable ones). The buying will begin once we have finished building the new nursery - so far it has a radiator and a door, the internal walls are going up at the weekend.

Next midwife appointment is on Tuesday hoping to get to hear a heartbeat just so I know that beans still doing ok 🙂
Apricat - How strange is this!? When we were away we went into Bath for the day and there was an extremely cool lady pushing this really snazzy pram (navy & gold). I sidled over to see if I could see a brand on it and low and behold it was a Cosatto! Further research shows it is a Cosatto Wow 2! You’ve got good taste 😉 They are pricey mind! One hand release may win me over though!

We were reading about how early people usually feel movements too. It isn’t our surrogates first pregnancy and she said she started feeling movement around the same time in her last pregnancy. We are taking this as a good sign and keeping everything crossed. How did your midwife appointment go? Is your next appointment for your 20 week scan?

How great that you’ve got your names shortlist. Because we are finding out the gender we have decided to wait until we know so we can cut out 50% of the possible ‘discussions’ 😂

You are a lot more prepared than us! I have seen a list on Etsy of things you need to be prepared for a baby’s arrival so will use that as a starter and go from there. We both have quite large families and already been offered multiple second hand items so will also make use of those. Are you going to have a baby shower?

Apricat

#44 Post by Apricat » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:58 pm

amyprice88 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:40 pm
Hi Amy

So sorry to hear your news - take time, talk lots and rest - sending big hugs x

Apricat

#45 Post by Apricat » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:02 pm

I don’t think we will have a baby shower - but you never know what others organise

The midwife appointment is this coming Tuesday followed by the 20 week scan (at 19weeks plus 1 day)

I was really surprised at the cost of prams! There are cheaper ones but they do t seem so robust there are also some more expensive ones but not sure what they have in addition if anything

Nursery walls are going up this weekend so then we can start in getting the furniture x

jorand

#46 Post by jorand » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:11 pm

Apricat wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:02 pm
I don’t think we will have a baby shower - but you never know what others organise

The midwife appointment is this coming Tuesday followed by the 20 week scan (at 19weeks plus 1 day)

I was really surprised at the cost of prams! There are cheaper ones but they do t seem so robust there are also some more expensive ones but not sure what they have in addition if anything

Nursery walls are going up this weekend so then we can start in getting the furniture x
We aren’t going to have a baby shower either but family and friends are pushing to have one so feel like something maybe organised too. We shall see…

We don’t have another midwife appointment now until end of July but have 20 week scan booked for end of June at exactly 20 weeks. Please let us know how your appointment goes! How are you feeling about it?

I had no idea about the cost of prams either! I think we are going to wait until after 20 week scan before we bite the bullet and start working our way through the list of things we have to buy.

Sounds like the nursery is coming on well. I bet you can’t wait to have it done now and start getting it ready. Time feels like it is dragging but on the other hand going so quick. November will be here before we know it!

Apricat

#47 Post by Apricat » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:04 pm

Quick update:

Midwife appointment took 15mins - blood pressure and urine checked all good. They don’t listen for the heartbeat at 16 weeks but I’m feeling some moving so all good. Been booked in to see the consultant this Friday as I have 2 dermoid cysts that’s I’ve had for ever but they just want to check they are ok and not going to cause any issues with pregnancy or birth. Really glad they are taking everything into consideration :)

Hope everyone else is doing well

Apricat

#48 Post by Apricat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:48 pm

Appointment with the consultant went well. No need to remove the cysts which is reassuring.

We also got to see Bean and hear the heartbeat 💗- a lovely way to start the weekend

Hope everyone else is well

jorand

#49 Post by jorand » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:57 am

Amazing Apricat! That is lovely!

We had our private scan a couple of weeks ago and all good. Telephone appointment on Monday with the consultant. 20 week scan is booked for 20 weeks exactly. Time seems to be going so fast yet so slow. Your nursery renovations must coming on now.

Keep us posted! 😁

Apricat

#50 Post by Apricat » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:21 pm

Hey how are you all doing?

Had our scan today:

We have a healthy and very wriggly bean on board, no concerns with baby. The only concern they do have is my placenta although it’s on the back wall it’s blocking the birth canal so I need an additional scan at 32 weeks to see if it’s moved or not

Could mean I have to have a caesarean but I’m not too concerned at this stage

X