DE Newbie - any advice welcomed!

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in egg donation or egg sharing. Warning!!! please remember confidentiality at all times.

Moderator: Administrator

Leezo

DE Newbie - any advice welcomed!

#1 Post by Leezo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:20 pm

So after 3.5years of trying naturally and 5 miscarriages we are embarking on our DE journey with Liverpool! Exciting and scary!! We've just had our initial consultation and have decided on a frozen egg multicycle with a large batch. Now waiting for our Skype nurses appointment. Any ideas of timelines from now until we get into egg bank? I have sooooo many questions ping ponging around my head!!!

Louise007

Re: DE Newbie - any advice welcomed!

#2 Post by Louise007 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Hi Leezo

once we had our consultation appointment straight after we were given access to the egg bank. At the time (November 2020) the egg bank was very sparse due to Covid but I believe they are / have been having lots of DE added to the bank. You then review and select once you have done this things start happening pretty quick !

I am now 13+4 with second DE baby !

Hope that’s helped good luck and all the best xx

Cooperboy1

#3 Post by Cooperboy1 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm

Hi :-) newby here too!

After 7 years, 3 miscarriages and 3 unsuccessful collection rounds at another centre...it's time for donor eggs. We are using Northampton.
I am 45 years young :-)

We have had all our appointments, tests etc. We paid our fee however we are on the waiting list for the egg bank. There is a 3-4 month wait to get access. We are 2 months in nearly...it's all the usual "hurry up and wait!"

We have decided on the multi package with frozen eggs. 2 x 6

I am not much further along, if i can help I will. It's exciting for me as we never even got to the stage of an embryo in my other 3 rounds so we are already further along our journey <3

Keep well, hopefully catch up soon!

Louise007

#4 Post by Louise007 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Cooperboy1 hi and welcome ! We had 3 rounds with my own eggs none ever fertilized so nearly 7 years ago embarked on our first DE cycle (was a lot different then) then last November we started DE again with egg bank there was no wait to access it but was a wait in selection due to Covid ! I’m now 14+2 weeks pregnant !

I would like to wish you all the very best of luck too ❤️ X

Cooperboy1

#5 Post by Cooperboy1 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:24 am

Hi Louise007 - firstly congratulations! It is so nice to hear success stories.

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy, fingers crossed for the rest of us :-) x

x

Lastchancesaloon

#6 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Wed May 12, 2021 10:26 am

Hi
We started on the donor egg journeyed January and have just had a blastocyst transfer yesterday, so if I can help in anyway please feel free to ask as I just anxiously waiting now xx

Cooperboy1

#7 Post by Cooperboy1 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi Lastchancesaloon,

Good luck with the blast - hugely fingers crossed for you x 1000!!

May I ask - which package did you go for? and how many blasts did you end up with? We are going for 2 x 6 i think. This really is our last chance too so literally throwing our all at it.

We had our consultations in January and are (in) patiently waiting for access to the egg bank so start our donor hunt

Xx