How many frozen eggs did you get in your small or large set?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in egg donation or egg sharing. Warning!!! please remember confidentiality at all times.

Moderator: Administrator

dove

Re: How many frozen eggs did you get in your small or large set?

#76 Post by dove » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:12 pm

Apricat wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:27 am
Morning all,

We only applied to care pay this week, not heard back yet. For us it made sense as we can have as many frozen transfers as we can with the care pay where as with just the standard payments it’s an additional cost each time you have a transfer. We know our eggs have arrived at the clinic but I’ve not been told how many.
They are currently drawing up my protocol so should get this soon.
And then it’s a case of waiting till the New Year - all very exciting stuff.

Lezo - good luck with the transfer- got everything crossed for you
Your eggs arrived was super fast Apricat! Exciting!! I had to ask my nurse how many eggs I got, who contacted the embryologist for me. I got my sample protocol this evening. I start my meds cycle day 2, scan cycle day 14, egg thaw on cycle day 16, transfer on cycle day 21. So just waiting for my December period. Yeah as Leezo said we may be cycling about the same time if all goes to schedule. I’ve not heard back from care pay as yet, I think it’s a week today, but they said up to 2 weeks, fx we both get accepted xx

dove

#77 Post by dove » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:46 pm

I got my blood Vit d test booked for Monday 29th so that’s great x

Leezo

#78 Post by Leezo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:16 pm

dove wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:46 pm
I got my blood Vit d test booked for Monday 29th so that’s great x
Yeah great news!! Fingers crossed it'll all be good then that's another box ticked!!xx

dove

#79 Post by dove » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:31 am

One more day Leezo, how are you feeling? Xx

Leezo

#80 Post by Leezo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:32 am

dove wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:31 am
Oh Dove I'm sick with nerves!!! The progesterone has also made me a bit cranky and very weepy which my poor husband is having to deal with. Trying to keep as positive as possible. I've my cosy socks and my salty snacks - probably a complete old wives tale but we'll try anything won't we!!! How are you doing my lovely?xx

dove

#81 Post by dove » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:43 pm

Leezo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:32 am
dove wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:31 am
Oh Dove I'm sick with nerves!!! The progesterone has also made me a bit cranky and very weepy which my poor husband is having to deal with. Trying to keep as positive as possible. I've my cosy socks and my salty snacks - probably a complete old wives tale but we'll try anything won't we!!! How are you doing my lovely?xx
Ah bless you hun! I’m sure it must be nerve wracking, try and keep those positive vibes up. Im sure your husband doesn’t mind, its a emotional thing to go through, your doing great! I’ve not heard of the cosy socks and salty snacks before! I love salty snacks. Im fine thank you, just waiting now. Xx

dove

#82 Post by dove » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:00 am

Good luck today Leezo, hope all goes well!! Got everything crossed for you. Sending lots of baby dust & sticky dust xx

Leezo

#83 Post by Leezo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:02 am

dove wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:00 am
Good luck today Leezo, hope all goes well!! Got everything crossed for you. Sending lots of baby dust & sticky dust xx
Thanks Dove - it's totally happening today!!!! Eeeeekkk! I'll be in touch and keep you up to date re. the process so you know what to be getting excited for in the new year!!xxx

dove

#84 Post by dove » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:31 am

Thanks Leezo that will be great. Hope your feeling positive and keep yourself busy!

How are you doing Apricat?

I got accepted for care pay yesterday, it took 2 weeks. You get 2 weeks to read t&c’s and sign it, then 2 weeks to pay the invoice.
I had trouble finding my meds at my local pharmacies, so using stork through care, I’ve just paid for them and waiting for stork to call to arrange delivery.
Last week we received those digital consent forms to sign, I only received 4, my husband received 5, we had the same except he had a green form, I think I’m missing a purple one, but not sure waiting to hear back from my nurse. Xx

Leezo

#85 Post by Leezo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:18 am

dove wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:31 am
Thanks Leezo that will be great. Hope your feeling positive and keep yourself busy!

How are you doing Apricat?

I got accepted for care pay yesterday, it took 2 weeks. You get 2 weeks to read t&c’s and sign it, then 2 weeks to pay the invoice.
I had trouble finding my meds at my local pharmacies, so using stork through care, I’ve just paid for them and waiting for stork to call to arrange delivery.
Last week we received those digital consent forms to sign, I only received 4, my husband received 5, we had the same except he had a green form, I think I’m missing a purple one, but not sure waiting to hear back from my nurse. Xx
Great news you've been accepted! There's such a lot of paperwork isn't there?
Trying to keep busy here - 6 more days to go...... Got some spiky boob pain last night and felt a little nauseous on and off all day. Also had quite strong low down period like cramps last night but only for like 20mins. Today, nothing - nada, no breast tenderness, nausea, nothing - this is gonna be a long 6 days for my insane symptom spotting :cry:
Trying to stay positive though. Xx

dove

#86 Post by dove » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 am

Bless you hun, it’s so hard not to symptom spot. I hate the 2ww, I wish we could have an immediate physical sign when we get pregnant, like our belly turns smurf blue or something. I’ve got loads of those cheap early pregnancy tests 10miu, left over. I know I’m gonna be addicted to those, driving myself insane. How are you doing with your emotions?
I wanted to ask you how long do we take oestridol (or whatever it’s called) for? I know we take progesterone until 12 weeks but I wasn’t sure about the other.
Xx

dove

#87 Post by dove » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:43 pm

My nurse said there isn’t a purple form for me as we aren’t using my eggs x

Leezo

#88 Post by Leezo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:17 pm

dove wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 am
Bless you hun, it’s so hard not to symptom spot. I hate the 2ww, I wish we could have an immediate physical sign when we get pregnant, like our belly turns smurf blue or something. I’ve got loads of those cheap early pregnancy tests 10miu, left over. I know I’m gonna be addicted to those, driving myself insane. How are you doing with your emotions?
I wanted to ask you how long do we take oestridol (or whatever it’s called) for? I know we take progesterone until 12 weeks but I wasn’t sure about the other.
Xx
Lol I'm just picturing a big smurf belly!! :lol: :lol:
I'm not tooooooo bad, husband may say different though. I'm very up and down - like I have maybe an hour of yes I'm defo preggers I total feel preggers to I feel absolutely nothing, nada, total normal!
So I just checked my protocol and it actually doesn't give me any info on post test medications. Just to get in touch with the clinic on OTD and if positive meds may be changed. Just a warning - the progesterone pessaries are not fun!!! :roll: But will all be worth it if we get our BFPs!!
How you doing chick?
Xx

dove

#89 Post by dove » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Leezo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:17 pm
dove wrote:
Xx
I'm not tooooooo bad, husband may say different though. I'm very up and down - like I have maybe an hour of yes I'm defo preggers I total feel preggers to I feel absolutely nothing, nada, total normal!
So I just checked my protocol and it actually doesn't give me any info on post test medications. Just to get in touch with the clinic on OTD and if positive meds may be changed. Just a warning - the progesterone pessaries are not fun!!! :roll: But will all be worth it if we get our BFPs!!
How you doing chick?
Xx
Hi hun sorry for the delay, how you doing? is today your test day? Fingers crossed for you my lovely.
I asked my nurse about the meds, if we get a BFP then continue to take oestrogen until scan then they start to ease you off it. I think progesterone is until 12 weeks. I remember last year getting very constipated by the progesterone.
I’m doing good, gonna pay the care pay this week, all forms signed, had my Vit d test yesterday and started AF this weekend so expecting my next one around 21st Dec and then get to start the meds. It’s coming about quickly. Xx

dove

#90 Post by dove » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:27 pm

How are you doing Apricat? Xx

dove

#91 Post by dove » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Just got a txt from a GP at my surgery with my Vit D results saying I’m slightly insufficient but not deficient, so I need to take 1000iu over the counter. I checked my levels online they are 44nmol/L. According to care levels between 40-49 need 3000iu when ttc. I’ll have to message my gp tomorrow as I’m not sure he took into consideration I’m ttc as he’s not my regular GP and will see what they say.

Swallow

#92 Post by Swallow » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:03 am

I didn't choose any of the package as I have a known donor so all the eggs in one collection were for me.
In one egg collection,
25 eggs mature
19 fertilised
1 with score 10 out of 10 transferred inside me
12 embryos frozen

I'm now 25 weeks and 6 days pregnant after one single embryo transfer.
Just want to share, I have been taking supplements for many months and regular blood tests before embryo transfer to make sure I take the right amount of supplement. Though I was taking 100% iron as in 14mg a day but blood test result still shows I'm low on iron then I take more. I was low on D too. Vit D3 seems to help for immune system and implantation. I eat healthily - not much artificial ingredients involved.
I sleep when my body says "go to sleep".
First 3 months, I was careful with movements - still did all the work as usual just with more care.
After 3 months, my body feels less tired and back to normal again.
Wish you all best of luck x

dove

#93 Post by dove » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:31 am

Swallow wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:03 am
I didn't choose any of the package as I have a known donor so all the eggs in one collection were for me.
In one egg collection,
25 eggs mature
19 fertilised
1 with score 10 out of 10 transferred inside me
12 embryos frozen

I'm now 25 weeks and 6 days pregnant after one single embryo transfer.
Just want to share, I have been taking supplements for many months and regular blood tests before embryo transfer to make sure I take the right amount of supplement. Though I was taking 100% iron as in 14mg a day but blood test result still shows I'm low on iron then I take more. I was low on D too. Vit D3 seems to help for immune system and implantation. I eat healthily - not much artificial ingredients involved.
I sleep when my body says "go to sleep".
First 3 months, I was careful with movements - still did all the work as usual just with more care.
After 3 months, my body feels less tired and back to normal again.
Wish you all best of luck x
Thanks for sharing Swallow, congratulations on your pregnancy! It’s great that you know the donor, I wish there was an option to communicate with unknown donors if all parties agree, I’d of loved that. You got an amazing amount of eggs! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

Swallow

#94 Post by Swallow » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:01 am

Thank you, Dove. I'm 48 so being pregnant with just one cycle is like miracle for us.
Wish you all the best with your round. xx

Leezo

#95 Post by Leezo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:32 pm

dove wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:26 pm
Leezo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:17 pm
dove wrote:
Xx
How you doing chick?
Xx
Hi hun sorry for the delay, how you doing? is today your test day? Fingers crossed for you my lovely.
I asked my nurse about the meds, if we get a BFP then continue to take oestrogen until scan then they start to ease you off it. I think progesterone is until 12 weeks. I remember last year getting very constipated by the progesterone.
I’m doing good, gonna pay the care pay this week, all forms signed, had my Vit d test yesterday and started AF this weekend so expecting my next one around 21st Dec and then get to start the meds. It’s coming about quickly. Xx
Well I'm very pleased to say it was a BFP for us! Now for the next stage of worry to the viability scan! :roll: I don't think you ever really stop worrying do you?? Good news that your VIT D came through - I hope you are well xx

Swallow

#96 Post by Swallow » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:08 pm

Congratulations Leezo!!!
Amazing news. I'm at week 26 today. The first few weeks to wait for 1st scan and between scan was quite worrying. So if you feel worried, that's normal. Do not do heavy chores please. Put your feet up and wait for baby to grow healthily. Very happy for you. 🎉🎉🎉

dove

#97 Post by dove » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations hun! So happy for you both, how exciting. I know the next part is hard too, but try to remain positive and enjoy this moment. Will they give you a 6-7 weeks scan? Take it easy lovely! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xxx