CYSTIC FIBROSIS CARRIER GOING FOR SSR

Male issues surrounding Assisted Reproduction.

Moderator: Administrator

my fair lady

#51 Post by my fair lady » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 am

Hey you're welcome! Maybe one day we'll meet up for a brew eh! Your scan will prob be in about just over two weeks away... you'll cry,I did! I'm fine,no sickness,just tired out all the time and tender boobs. Back to work Friday! Xx

jenwestie2009

#52 Post by jenwestie2009 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah would love to do that sometime and compare notes. We wont be far apart having our babies either. My scan is in 3 weeks on 25 Jan, I cant wait I am so excited. Really trying to stay open minded but its so hard when you have seen that test result and then have to wait again for scan. Im fine too, had 3 waves of sickness that only lasted a minute or so at a time so nothing really and that could have been all the excitment. I have really sore boobs and still very veiny. I have felt tired now im back to work but I think thats just because I have been off for 2 weeks being a couch potato to suddenly early mornings and being back here! :-( was getting used to watching the daytime tv like you said and just relaxing at home. My partner has started spoiling me rotten and buying me big bunches of flowers from the florist, he tells me to be careful all the time and can feel he has changed round me a bit. How is your partner being with you is he the same?? Jen xx
Investigations 2011 - 2012 at Chesterfield Royal Hospital (Calow)

Referral to Notts Care for SSR/ICSI

ME 27 and DP 35

jenwestie2009

#53 Post by jenwestie2009 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Hey hun, hows things? Im fine, trying to stay relaxed and not overdo anything. Hope your ok and doing the same. Just a quick question. I needed a repeat perscription of meds for the Progestan and they sent me a script for 8 boxes. I took this to chemist and it cost me £48. Have you had to do the same? I know Care said funding had changed and we had to pay for future perscriptions just wondered if you had to and if the price seemed right. Sure it is and dont mind as all worthwhile just thought it seemed expensive but in the grand scheme of things I suppose you cant put a price on this.

Really wish it was time for the scan...I think this time is worse than the 2ww!!

Jen xx

ME 27 and DP 35

my fair lady

#54 Post by my fair lady » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi Jen I'm so sorry for the late reply. Usually I get an email notification in my junk mail alerting me to a reply and I've not had any!? My hubby just asked if I'd heard from you and I thought mmm I'll go straight to the care website! Hey ho. Nooo that's a rip off! My first prescription was for 2 boxes and it cost me 7.45 ish then the second prescription for 4 boxes cost me nothing as queried should I pay as early stages of pregnancy. This was at the pharmacy in my gp's so they could have seen my notes as care wrote to my gp. I think you should speak to the chemist re refund and show them the letters care sent you confirming pregnancy. That's a hefty amount you paid! My 12 week scan is on Monday eek,decided on Derby hospital. Met with the midwife nearly two weeks ago,she's lovely. No sickness though! Just bit tired. Gone off certain foods hehe. My hub been great, over protective, holding my hand in the snow and not letting me lift heavy things. He couldn't come to the first scan at care coz of work,so he's very excited about Monday, we both are as will look more like a baby. When's your due date? Mine is 4 August. When the weather's a bit better we'll arrange to meet up ay, compare notes hehe. Must be Fab having your sister pregnant too XXX PS my last pessary is tonight ye ha thank goodness! Out with the granny pants and in with the thongs!

jenwestie2009

#55 Post by jenwestie2009 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Hey hun, no worries for the late reply. Mines late too :-). I go for my scan tomorrow!!!! Cant wait. I will ask care about that perscription then 2moz see what they can do. I thought I had been robbed too!! How did your scan go hunny? Bet you could see the baby loads better. I want to go to Derby Hospital as I have heard lots of good things about them but Calow is nearer so not sure what to do. I havent informed the docs yet Care said they would write to them after 2moz but desperate to get my midwife appointment booked. I havent had any sickness just felt a little nauseas sometimes. I havent really gone off any foods but craving certain foods more. So glad your parnter has been really suuportive with you. Mine was to start but now I feel he just ignores the fact that I am pregnant and drinks every weekend (gets quite drunk) and still smoking which he promised to stop! We have fell out a couple of times over it but I am just trying to put it out of my head because I dont want any stress. I am hoping after tomorrow he will buck his ideas up. I havent been told my due date yet but I think they will tell me tomorrow all being well. I have got 6 September in my head so long as I have my dates right. Yeah would be lovely to arrange something and meet up. Yeah its nice having my sister pregnant too and we will be on maternity for some of the time together. She has already got a little girl and has pretty much two of everything so she is sorting through everything and giving me loads of things. Cant wait to see them all but she wont give them me until I am 12 weeks. Oh it must be so nice to be pessary free!!!! I have still got 4 weeks to go :-( absolutely hate them but never mind. Haha Ive got the granny pants for another 4 weeks :-) Hope your keeping well and look forward to hearing from you soon xx

ME 27 and DP 35

my fair lady

#56 Post by my fair lady » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 am

Hi Jen good luck with your scan! Be thinking about you!Or if youve had it, hope you saw that little hb pumping away!! Aw Jen just wait til your 12 week scan, we saw everything, it was so clear, all his/her little toes, his leg was up in the air, one arm by his face, absolutely amazing it was!! Everyone saying how clear the scan is, a girl i know is same stage as me and she is going to chesterfield, and her scan photo isnt half as clear! Ar dont know what to advise re your partner, have you tried sitting him down and talking to him? He needs to stop drinking before baby arrives! Did he stop drinking up until he had his op?
Hub reckons Im starting to show a bit, to me I just look fat hehe. My clothes are getting tight! Bought a couple of lovely maternity dresses from ebay, and some items in the next and debenhams sale. Chinos for a fiver!! When would be best to meet up for you? I can do any Sun, Mon or Tues xx

jenwestie2009

#57 Post by jenwestie2009 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi hunny, the scan went really well, saw the little heartbeat really clearly...was amazing!!! Its little arms and legs were going crazy...they said he/she was having a right old party hehe. I couldnt see it all though because they kept moving the screen but my partner saw everything. I really cant wait for that next scan!! Booked in to see the midwife now and got an app next Thurs with someone called Beryl. I still cant make my mind up on Chesterfield or Derby, it would take 25 mins to get to Calow or 45 to Derby, its just hearing that the care at Derby is so much better and Calow were rubbish when going for tests etc. My partner seems to have quietened down a little since the scan, he had a couple of drinks at the weekend but nothing big. I told him if it carries on I will leave him because I couldnt cope with all the stress that comes with it, I know it seems harsh but I really did feel that way. Oh bless, have you started wearing any maternity clothes yet?? I have got some trousers for work they are so comfy!! Going to invest in a few more bits and bobs soon. I will have to have a look on ebay!! I cant do Mon or Tues but could do a Sun sometime. Are you on facebook? Are you waiting for your 20 week scan now? It seems to have flown since you got your positive test result!!! How many appointments have you had with the midwife now? Have you started buying lots of bits for the baby? Are you going to find out what sex it is? I think I will I am so impatient really want to know. Any more symptoms? I hope you are keeping well Jen xx

ME 27 and DP 35

my fair lady

#58 Post by my fair lady » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi Jen AW so glad your scan went well. Its amazing isn't it! You'll need to make mind up re hospital by time you meet midwife hehe. Glad your partner settled down a bit. He prob was just celebrating as he's overjoyed with your pregnancy! No I've not started wearing em yet but my work trousers are starting to feel tight haha. Fab we'll arrange for one Sunday. I will private message you my phone no. My 20 week scan is 12 March! I'll be halfway thru then. Honestly its flying by! Only met with my midwife once so far. See her again in two weeks. Well we've bought some nappies as they were on offer, plus got a lovely secondhand Moses basket, got a few baby grows in the January sales plus mother in law got us some for Xmas. My mum recently bought a gorgeous canvas of the alphabet for the nursery! No we want a surprise though every one saying boy. Were totally not bothered as long as they healthy! No more symptoms, have you? I just wake up so hungry in a morning hehe. Outgrowing bras which is funny.xx

my fair lady

#59 Post by my fair lady » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi jen can't work out how you private message,I'm sure its doable though. How did midwife visit go? Do you click? Which hospital you decided on? I fancy a pool birth! We saw our midwife again this morn, heard baby's heartbeat! So cute. You had any more symptoms? Xx

my fair lady

#60 Post by my fair lady » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi jen how ru. And baby? What did u have? Seems like forever since we used to chat on here. We had a boy. Xx

jenwestie2009

#61 Post by jenwestie2009 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Hey hunny...yeah gosh it does feel like ages ago. We had a boy too!! Luis Alexander weighed in at 9lbs 3oz...was in labour for 5 days (well the latent phase) was awful!! How did the birth go for u...I hope well. What's ur little boy called? Luis is great such a happy baby!! Would love to have another but the nhs won't fund us any further. U got any plans for more? Really nice to hear from u hun thanks for getting in touch xx

ME 27 and DP 35

my fair lady

#62 Post by my fair lady » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi hun hes called George noah 8lb9. Planned c section as he was breech all the way thru the little monkey! Yes we hope to try again in the next 6 months all being well. Could you save up and try again? Xx

Tazzy

#63 Post by Tazzy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Jenny, let me know if u still come on here babe, not on fb so would like to keep in touch!
1st ICSI 2011
DS born on 4.4.2012 💙
2nd ICSI 2014
DD born 19.4.2015💖
ICSI 3 & 4 2017… both BFN
Trying again - Sept 2021 🤞🏼