Go and have a Reactive Oxygen Species test.

Male issues surrounding Assisted Reproduction.

Moderator: Administrator

L_ouise

Go and have a Reactive Oxygen Species test.

#1 Post by L_ouise » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Hiya,

My husband has severe male factor and we've tried everything and nothing has ever improved it at all.

We had his reactive oxygen species tested and no surprise, it was an abnormal level. The norm is <4 and my husbands was 58.

My understanding of it is that the body produces reactive oxygen species when under stress and these basically attack the sperm cells, and other cells too.

Stress can include infections without symptoms and therefore they prescribe antibiotics.

Well, we just got my husbands results back and his level is now 6! :)

We don't know if this will help our embryos yet but its the only thing we've managed to improve and his sperm parameters have all risen slightly after several week. It is supposed to improve both motility and DNA fragmentation, both significantly linked to embryo quality so here's hoping.

I just wish I'd known about it earlier but CARE don't seem to know anything about it. It's very inexpensive to get tested and treated xx
ICSI #6 +AOA +ROS +immunes = 2 frosties + BFP!!! :D
â

Juleshid

#2 Post by Juleshid » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:35 am

That's sounds great, good luck with this cycle, I do think Care spend very little time on Male factor investigations, in fact investigations in general; if it isn't straight forward they put you onto donors.
TTC 8 yrs
4 x ICSI Sep 08 - Mar 10 All BFN
IUI DS Mar 11 BFN
DS IVF Sep 11 0 Fert
DS ICSI Mar 12 BFP - BFN
Embryo Adoption Brno Feb 13 BFP
ImageImage

little miss chatty

#3 Post by little miss chatty » Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Louise i was extremely interested in your message you have given me more hope.

We had icsi and imsi at another clinic in Manchester fresh and frozen cycle and did not work.
I have never been told from anyone about these antibiotics to improve sperm quality.

Do you know what these antibiotics are called, the approx cost and where you can get tested??

Thankyou so much

gkhan3005

#4 Post by gkhan3005 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi

Can I ask where you had the ROS test done? TIA

Gulnaz

angel10

#5 Post by angel10 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:46 pm

hey, it was a very good post.......
We provide guarantee to pass braindumps.com with online exam training CITRIX